• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

SpecX

All good with me

Sounds good. It's not too bad, we can talk you through it

If you don't care to wait an hour and a half, we'll have 6

all y'all add me, psn is monsterfracas_ (think i'm already bros with dunlop and blunoise but i'm not sure)
Awesome!

PSN: Dark1421

todd360

:lol

With this many guests on, I'll refrain from talking over everyone anyway. ;)

Still not sure if we will be able to get everyone on. My plan is to mostly keep the discussion on track if everyone on the list can make it. That way I won't be talking over everyone. Or we can take turns or something. I'll make it work.

deadduck

For the last 3 hours our 6 man party split in two and matchmade against each other in Skirmish (couldn't get elimination to work). It was soooo much fun.

No heavy was a fixed rule, chucked in the odd 'no exotic', 'no shotgun' for a mix.

If you've not done it yet, give it a whirl.

Mindlog

My Destiny fan art.
UG913Sq.jpg
Just picture a Guardian and maybe a bunch of materials and random crap in large bag. Or better yet litter the mountain with obstacles that look like upgrade materials from each era of fuckery.
Right, and it's still a terrible idea. I like the randomization but why only 6 and why those 6? Variety is the spice of life. Rusted Lands, Asylum, Shores and Firebase all play well on Elimination. I'm not going to miss Anomaly or Blind Watch but I'd rather err on the side of having a few too many instead of way too few.
Phase 1: Create a seething hatred for Pantheon and Thieve's Den.
Phase 2: Collect Guardian e-mails.
Phase 3: ???

I wonder if Bungie will take a mailinator e-mail. Then again I have 800 strange coins already. What's 9 more?

deafmedal

All you need is a skype name and a working mic. Plus power and internet I guess. Oh and vocal cords are also recommended.

lol. You just need to pm me your skype name before we start on Saturday so I can add you to the call.

Everyone just has to show up. I do the rest.

Ok, I'll make a Skype then! Can I use a processor on my voice like those blacked out people in those confessional shows? Can't be incriminating myself :p

Still not sure if we will be able to get everyone on. My plan is to mostly keep the discussion on track if everyone on the list can make it. That way I won't be talking over everyone. Or we can take turns or something. I'll make it work.

I will speak when spoken to. 😜

Namikaze1

I have become a monster with my Titan.

Now if I could just put my Titan on the bench for a while and practice with my Warlock and Hunter.

But that would mean I have to go Blink on Warlock cause the fucking regular jump sucks ass.

I'm with you. I think all the skirmish maps should be in Trials.

Yeah, for sure. I play a fraction of the Trials of some people and even I get real tired of seeing the same maps already. I don't know how people like Unstable, Rubenov and especially Nghtly (well over 2000 matches) can stand it.

I like having 6. It's not going to repeat too much until TTK comes out, and you still get to play some of the better trials maps more frequently than otherwise. I missed widow's court the first weekend it came up, so I'm glad got to try it last time.

I can understand that and hopefully they work more maps into rotation eventually, not just add new TTK-maps. A lot depends on how much Trials you play and how you feel about each map. For me: Thieves Den, Pantheon and Cauldron are all weak, I mostly like Black Shield and Widows Court, and Burning Shrine is great. Everyone's mileage will vary of course.

At this point I've given on finding any rhyme or reason regarding bungies ideas for PvP. I swear they just have a dart board with ideas strewn about it.

Anywho, Drizz are you up for some Skolas?

Lol yeah sounds about right. I can hop on for Skolas if you are still looking to do it.

LiK

Now if I could just put my Titan on the bench for a while and practice with my Warlock and Hunter.

But that would mean I have to go Blink on Warlock cause the fucking regular jump sucks ass.

I went back with my Hunter to lvl my Hawkmoon and that gun was made for her.

I maintain that everyone that says this has no idea how to jump as a warlock.

deafmedal

If this isn't a joke then I will have to hear you with it before we start lol.
Life's just a big fucking joke to me :p
Yes, it was a joke :)
Good thing it's just audio, my wife just said I have "princess hair", whatever the fuck that means :mad: It's Jon Snow hair dammit!

It is audio only right? My studio is a mess!

Namikaze1

Damn. Shotguns are my most used weapon type in PvP. Auto Rifles are my most used primary weapon type in PvP though Handcannons are not that far behind.

Its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. You just can't float in front of everyone and then complain that you got shot down.
Exactly. If you're floating you're doing it wrong. In terms of versatility, you can jump higher than any hunter jump (and Titan jump other than the increased height, maybe catapult?). You can jump further than any hunter or Titan jump.

P44

Damn. Shotguns are my most used weapon type in PvP. Auto Rifles are my most used primary weapon type in PvP though Handcannons are not that far behind.

Fusion Rifles, with HC just behind and Auto Rifles behind that.

Fusion Rifles fo' lifeeee

Exactly. If you're floating you're doing it wrong. In terms of versatility, you can jump higher than any hunter jump (and Titan jump other than the increased height, maybe catapult?). You can jump further than any hunter or Titan jump.

Those things aren't useful in PvP, which is where most of the complaints come from. A Titan will still get from A to B faster and a Hunter won't be floating around the whole way there.

I know I can always use some help, usually just want to at least get the armor but end up going 0-3.

That's if you play on Xbox, at least you got a sniper and TLW on it.

I'll definitely play on Xbox. I think WipedOut said he's also down.

Pretty sure my first trials game was with you and we went 9-1, before the word was out about mercury. We need to play again sometime... Fun run since there really isn't any loot that I'm chasing.

That was really fun. I'm always down for fun runs. Titan bubble ftw

Namikaze1

The jump is not that useful for PvP especially when you're playing as a Sunsinger. A Gunslinger's jump is more precise while a Titan's can get you across the map the fastest. The Warlock's jump is too floaty for my liking.

WipedOut

I'll definitely play on Xbox. I think WipedOut said he's also down.

That was really fun. I'm always down for fun runs. Titan bubble ftw
I'm always down, we need to run with our new clan name though "Trials Passage Completed"

Sitting at deathsinger on NM CE if anyone wants to jump in. Soloed the abyss and bridge for the first time ever.

The jump is not that useful for PvP especially when you're playing as a Sunsinger. A Gunslinger's jump is more precise while a Titan's can get you across the map the fastest. The Warlock's jump is too floaty for my liking.
PVP sure. It's the least agile. But I've seen plenty of complaints from people that demonstrate that they straight up don't know to use it.

Top Bottom