• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

D_psipher

I think every legendary has dropped for me in the dragon vanguard except the Hopscotch at this point. To top it off some random got the 4th Horseman. Oh RNG how I loathe you.

Night DGAF.

I think the game is trolling me at this point. I got a ship, fusion rifle and Plan C from the same strike. Another gave me Ice Breaker and Snakebite Surgeon. I also got a Mida from one of the engrams. The game is like you can't be mad I'm giving you good loot. It knows what I want and it will not give it to me.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Anybody need POE 34? Im at the last boss. Gonna go to bed soon if nobody is up for it.

PSN: androo2300

So been playing around with Destiny during the week doing the 2nd DLC I never touched.

I think I might want to take a crack at a raid. Is there a recommended goal I should be aiming for to be raid ready?

I am level 30 with a defence somewhere in the 1500's and got a decent assortment of legendary weapons.

Feels like they totally turned up the amount of loot you get. Feel like I have gotten loads this week when compared to back in 2014

Robinson and Tears went for Battle Runner, and it makes sense to me. Plug someone with your Matador, sprint away at top speed, close distance quickly—double down. Especially if you throw in a shoulder charge.

Go for Battle Runner for these reasons^
I suck with shotguns because it's not my playstyle, so I'll probably mess up the timing with sliding or get stuck on geometry.
I've recently trained myself to recognize those sliding bastards. Quickly hit them once with primary, jump up and throwing knife to the face.

When you guys have a chance, may you give me some light.

Vote well earned!
You can put the strange coins on my account

So been playing around with Destiny during the week doing the 2nd DLC I never touched.

I think I might want to take a crack at a raid. Is there a recommended goal I should be aiming for to be raid ready?

I am level 30 with a defence somewhere in the 1500's and got a decent assortment of legendary weapons.

Feels like they totally turned up the amount of loot you get. Feel like I have gotten loads this week when compared to back in 2014

Yes, gearing up is faster and easier with House of Wolves dlc, that's why so many players who stopped playing are coming back and there is a large influx of new players.

30 is fine for going Vault of Glass on either difficulty and Crota on normal.

Yes, gearing up is faster and easier with House of Wolves dlc, that's why so many players who stopped playing are coming back and there is a large influx of new players.

30 is fine for going Vault of Glass on either difficulty and Crota on normal.

Cool. Wasnt sure how hard, hard VOG was. Thought that might have been super duper end game.

How long is Vault of Glass taking people these days anyway?

Think I will finish up a few things and try jumping in with Destiny GAF some time over the weekend / next week if anyone needs a spare body and dont mind someone going in blind on the whole raid thing

Damn we just put a hurting on Small-Arms-Skolas. I somehow managed to have 10+ heavy packs drop in the Fallen room during the previous rounds (with Corrective Measure equipped) for 40+ free Horn rockets just lying around. Dude got annihilated, GGs to Bombastico and Baby Ghost!

Thanks for the easy E Light lol

Val and me are ready to do another Skolas run if you're still up for it.

GhaleonEB

Cool. Wasnt sure how hard, hard VOG was. Thought that might have been super duper end game.

Think I will finish up a few things and try jumping in with Destiny GAF some time over the weekend / next week if anyone needs a spare body and dont mind someone going in blind on the whole raid thing

The challenge in VoG mostly comes from the need to work as a team and coordinate, rather than difficult enemies; the base difficulty is 26, so at 30 enemies are not that tough. It can be run in ~45 minutes or less with an experienced team, though I hope they'd go a bit more slowly with a new player in the raid. I find it quite fun to raid with newcomers - there's nothing in the game quite like VoG.

Anyone up for level 34 PoE? I might start it up solo and see how far I can get.

rc213

The challenge in VoG mostly comes from the need to work as a team and coordinate, rather than difficult enemies; the base difficulty is 26, so at 30 enemies are not that tough. It can be run in ~45 minutes or less with an experienced team, though I hope they'd go a bit more slowly with a new player in the raid. I find it quite fun to raid with newcomers - there's nothing in the game quite like VoG.

Anyone up for level 34 PoE? I might start it up solo and see how far I can get.

I'll join just let me turn in my bounties.

Damn we just put a hurting on Small-Arms-Skolas. I somehow managed to have 10+ heavy packs drop in the Fallen room during the previous rounds (with Corrective Measure equipped) for 40+ free Horn rockets just lying around. Dude got annihilated, GGs to Bombastico and Baby Ghost!

Val and me are ready to do another Skolas run if you're still up for it.

If you need a 3rd I'm game for it.

GutZ31

3.33 more hours until Xur!!!!

Wonder if he'll have 2 weapons this time ;)

Some times I think Bungie is run by this robot.
lets-go-partry-43.gif

This is probably the week I have played less Destiny since I bought the game: No time or extreme tiredness, but I hope I can make up for the missing hours during the weekend. I still haven't even done the Heroic (it would be cool to do it on 32 and get all the coins for Xur), and I'd like to try PoE 30.

Speaking of PoE. I've only done the 28. Are the other levels very different, or the final boss is the only change, apart from the increased difficulty?

GhaleonEB

I'll join just let me turn in my bounties.

Thanks for the help, I needed it.

All my Hunter's gear is now ascended. Just a few weapons on the Warlock and Titan and I should be set.

Was a thread made for the BWU on the Gaming side? I think it's substantial to put one up, which I'll do if there wasn't one already.

This is probably the week I have played less Destiny since I bought the game: No time or extreme tiredness, but I hope I can make up for the missing hours during the weekend. I still haven't even done the Heroic (it would be cool to do it on 32 and get all the coins for Xur), and I'd like to try PoE 30.

Speaking of PoE. I've only done the 28. Are the other levels very different, or the final boss is the only change, apart from the increased difficulty?
Each of the challenge bosses have unique mechanics not present with the level 28 version, some simple, some more complex. The Cabal boss has a shield that cycles between the three different elements; the Hive knight can burn the ground so you have to stay airborn for a bit or take damage; the servitor can refill it health by eating certain enemies that are in the arena, etc. Skolas and the gatelord have much more involved mechanics. A few of them also drop objectives (kill the target, dismantle mines) into the midst of the boss fight.

M3Rocket

And the best PVE sniper in the game.

Quite similar to my lucky roll:
uc
uc

Still not sure I'd call it the best PvE sniper. But it's closer to being that when they nerf the BH and IB in tTK. I like it a lot, and can still swap Field Scout out with Perfect Balance for PvP.

M3Rocket

uc

Out of all these nice MG's, the one with the quickest TTK in regular Crucible is Xerxes because of the Focus Fire perk. It's two headshots (0.3 secs), or three body shots (0.6 secs). You can get a two headshot kill with a Jolder with AB and Crowd Control, but only after the first kill and CC is activated.

Still, just remember you don't want to bring an MG to a RL fight. At best, you'll trade deaths.

Hard Vault, still about an hour, it still has a lot of waiting around and people swapping in and out of characters to get the chests :D

Bosses fall a little faster but the oracle ice breaking still takes the longest and waiting in the cave for the conflux phases to end sometimes take forever.

SkylineRKR

Hard Vault, still about an hour, it still has a lot of waiting around and people swapping in and out of characters to get the chests :D

Bosses fall a little faster but the oracle ice breaking still takes the longest and waiting in the cave for the conflux phases to end sometimes take forever.

Just fall back and the fight the legions. Its not that hard with a maxed out squad. Makes the phase less tedious imho.

Top Bottom