• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
Hard Vault, still about an hour, it still has a lot of waiting around and people swapping in and out of characters to get the chests :D

Bosses fall a little faster but the oracle ice breaking still takes the longest and waiting in the cave for the conflux phases to end sometimes take forever.
I still go to those caves out of sheer habit but I find VoG Heroic is survivable without hiding once there's no 29s on the team.

CKqW2h8UMAEfyIj.jpg:large

Oh look.

Just fall back and the fight the legions. Its not that hard with a maxed out squad. Makes the phase less tedious imho.

yeah, i just often play with a...mixed skill... group, so it's safer to do that than fight and have a couple of people die on the third phase and having to do the whole thing all over again :D

Same with oracle phase, icebreaking is super boring but still the safer/faster way to do it without having to redo the whole thing if someone bites it.

yeah, i just often play with a...mixed skill... group, so it's safer to do that than fight and have a couple of people die on the third phase and having to do the whole thing all over again :D

Same with oracle phase, icebreaking is super boring but still the safer/faster way to do it without having to redo the whole thing if someone bites it.
So every time people mention cheeseing oracles it's snipeing...are you actually using ice breaker? Why not vision of confluence? VoC is so much better for that strategy. The bonus damage on oracles lets it kill just as fast or faster than ice breaker, and you're not going to run out of shots in the middle of a round.

So every time people mention cheeseing oracles it's snipeing...are you actually using ice breaker? Why not vision of confluence? VoC is so much better for that strategy. The bonus damage on oracles lets it kill just as fast or faster than ice breaker, and you're not going to run out of shots in the middle of a round.

Probably those who don't have a VoC yet. I only use VoC, nothing else compares.

Haven't cheesed the oracles for a long time now, jumping down and doing it legit is just better and takes the exact same time as cheesing it. Cheesing only if you have low levels on the team or people don't want to put in the effort doing it legit.

Shito

Doesn't look like it's exclusive, from the wording of the whole page; I guess it's just some kind of "headstart" thing...

Probably those who don't have a VoC yet. I only use VoC, nothing else compares.

Haven't cheesed the oracles for a long time now, jumping down and doing it legit is just better and takes the exact same time as cheesing it. Cheesing only if you have low levels on the team or people don't want to put in the effort doing it legit.

Haven't cheesed it in a while but indeed jumping down is way more fun with the chaos, I find it boring waiting up top. We were just standing near the oracle spawns with Found Verdict and it went down pretty fast.

amar212

Unlimited Vault will become a necessity soon.

Some 20% upgrade in space will not solve anything for vanilla players.

I have no more space anywhere for weapons/gear.

I do not want to dismantle exotics.

I am keeping some extra weapons at Postmaster, but even that space is getting crowded.

I wonder how are they going to ankle that problem with TTK.

I am keeping some extra weapons at Postmaster, but even that space is getting crowded.

I said, fuck it. I don't care about "collections" and am dismantling everything I don't use.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Nothing's going to be done til Bungie drop the PS3/Xbox360 versions of the game. The reason why the Vault isn't bigger is because the system memory in both last-gen consoles is holding the game back. Bungie should have made The Taken King and all else going forward current-gen only, and we wouldn't be seeing issues like this anymore.

Nighte

Premium feature for special expansion pack superduperaddon costing 30 euro.
Called it first.

amar212

Premium feature for special expansion pack superduperaddon costing 30 euro.
Called it first.

I would gladly pay up to 40€/year to get unlimited vault and dedicated PVP servers, something like Battlefield Platinum or whatever.

I regularly play Destiny and I want to play it.

"Problems" of vanilla-players are not the same as for new players.

I don't want to dismantle VoG/Crota gear/weapons, Exotics or some great weaponry that is impossible to buy now (or to have perks they have).

It is an impossible choice.

Nuszka

So, what's the guess on Xûr today?
I see him stocking Dragon's Breath, for obvious trolling reasons...

Off-topic: I want this guy to play Destiny, I need his groove to help me get through the sometimes stupid decisions Bungie can make!
Street Fighter V Beta Struggles: The Official Song

Seen it when i got up in the morning lol. Btw did you even manage to play ? Maintnence should finish in 1,5h. So hopefully i will do a xur visit and then try some SF5.

Shito

I'm probably the only one thinking this, but... I kinda like the blink mechanic in PVP.
It makes it so the game is really nervous and quick, and it's not like it's easy to master: I still can't use offensive blinks reliably... ^^

Seen it when i got up in the morning lol. Btw did you even manage to play ? Maintnence should finish in 1,5h. So hopefully i will do a xur visit and then try some SF5.
Nah, opened up at 3am for me, so I was sleeping, and then I woke up at 8am, just at the start of the daily maintenance. ^^
From what I've read, it seems like I haven't missed much... :D

Nighte

Yea but you never know when they decide to buff or nerf weapons. Imagine dismantling NLB and knowing one week later it gets buffed to be super OP :p

This is why games like Diablo never buff already dropped items but separate the old ones and the future drops..
But then again with those items you dont have to spend ages leveling them...

I think the weapons are only early access, and they should be available in-game regardless. Only the emblem and shader will be exclusive.

Unless the weapon manufacturers actually have their own vendors in the game selling cosmetic items ...guess we'll find out.

If you're buying it through their website or their stores I don't see why not. If you mean do people who buy it digitally on PSN/XBL get it, then LOL no.

No i mean if I buy a code from GameStop for the same price as a PSN preorder I should get that shit right? Seems like there's no reason to not buy from GS, unless someone else has similar exclusives that look cooler.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered TTK on PSN and it says: "Hakke/Suros Weapon Pack" Pre-Order Bonus. Is this the same pack as Gamestop or another one?

Shito

So, yeah, you will need to bribe me with something more interesting than 9 coins to get my email adress, Bungie.
Because I've got 650+ of them already and nothing to spend them on... :D

Top Bottom