• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

The Fear RL is fairly decent but you mentioned you've already got a RL covered.

The only other things from vendors are the Dead Orbit arms have faster reload on hand cannons if that's your thing otherwise the rest of the selection is pretty meh.

Yeah I've got the fear, or I did but I deleted it I think. Maybe pick that up again.

I'll check those arms out thanks :)

I've got one of each guardian soon vendor rep but I didn't see anything that was particularly awesome myself.

Pest control Matrix lookes not too bad, but again, nothing amazing.

Stratn

I have a quick question. Do your weapons gain XP while in raids? (Crota and VOG). I am always tempted to POP a telemetry, but I swear I heard XP was not granted while in a raid.

Thanks Everyone in this freaking awesome community!

PuMa

I want this titan figure

I want that shader!

Liamc723

I need some help understanding how to get to level 34.

I'm currently a 32, halfway to 33. I was hoping that Xur would sell me an exotic piece of titan armour with enough light to get me up to 33, but the piece of chest armour I have already contains the same amount as the one he's selling.

I understand that I need etheric light to upgrade my armour in order to get to 34, but the only way I know of getting that is through POE 34. And that would be incredibly difficult for me at 32.

So is my only option to wait another week and hope that Xur sells me a better piece of armour than what I have now? Or is there another of getting up to 34?

I have a quick question. Do your weapons gain XP while in raids? (Crota and VOG). I am always tempted to POP a telemetry, but I swear I heard XP was not granted while in a raid.

Thanks Everyone in this freaking awesome community!
They don't except at VOG gatekeepers.

I'm currently a 32, halfway to 33. I was hoping that Xur would sell me an exotic piece of titan armour with enough light to get me up to 33, but the piece of chest armour I have already contains the same amount as the one he's selling.

I understand that I need etheric light to upgrade my armour in order to get to 34, but the only way I know of getting that is through POE 34. And that would be incredibly difficult for me at 32.

So is my only option to wait another week and hope that Xur sells me a better piece of armour than what I have now? Or is there another of getting up to 34?
Buy POE armor from Variks using the armor core you get from completing POE32.

Exotics can have their light upgraded using an exotic shard, no etheric light is used on exotics.

Kyoufu

Next week you can buy a piece from Variks which will have 42 Light on it. I think it'll be the Helm piece. You can also grind Iron Banner next week for Etheric Light. One can be bought at Rank 3 and Rank 5. You can use them on your armor and that should be enough to hit 34.

ocean

Banned
Is there any worthwhile vendor weapons to pick up?

Exodus plan RL from DO is pretty sweet but I've got that covered already with my other launchers.

I've got mats coming out of my ears and marks maxed >.>
Good vendor gear:

Sanction Six gauntlets for Hunter - Vanguard vendor. Intellect/Discipline, HC reload and increased grenade throw distance. Perfect.

New Monarchy Judgment VI: super versatile shotgun. Manages to be good for PvP and PvE. For PvE I like auto fire a lot on this thing.

If you're looking for a good Hand Cannon, FWC and NM both have excellent options on sale.

ocean

Banned

Being level 34 requires all 4 armor slots to be at 42 Light.

- If you play PoE 32, you get an Armor Core which you can trade at the reef for a 42 Light armor piece.
- If you achieve 5 wins on a single ticket (3 if you buy all the boons) in Trials of Osiris, you can get a piece of 42 Light armor.
- Pre-HoW exotics, once fully maxed, are 42 Light. HoW exotic armor has 42 Light right off the bat before upgrades. Make sure you've fully upgraded your old Exotics and Ascended them - if they are 36 Light it means you have to feed it an Exotic Shard for the bump to 42.
- If you reach rank 3 in Iron Banner you can buy one Etheric Light, which lets you take one legendary armor piece of your choosing to 42 Light. At rank 5 you can buy one more.

Once you have two pieces at 42 Light (say, a maxed Exotic + a PoE or Trials piece) you'll be level 33, at which point you can run PoE 34 without being dead weight.

I didn't have the armamentarium or the Hunter gloves. I snagged both of those. I might just give up on the hopscotch at this point since Trials starts today. Too bad I have just enough coins for one run. Woof. What a meh week in Destiny for me.

Liamc723

Buy POE armor from Variks using the armor core you get from completing POE32.

Exotics can have their light upgraded using an exotic shard, no etheric light is used on exotics.

Next week you can buy a piece from Variks which will have 42 Light on it. I think it'll be the Helm piece. You can also grind Iron Banner next week for Etheric Light. One can be bought at Rank 3 and Rank 5. You can use them on your armor and that should be enough to hit 34.

Being level 34 requires all 4 armor slots to be at 42 Light.

- If you play PoE 32, you get an Armor Core which you can trade at the reef for a 42 Light armor piece.
- If you achieve 5 wins on a single ticket (3 if you buy all the boons) in Trials of Osiris, you can get a piece of 42 Light armor.
- Pre-HoW exotics, once fully maxed, are 42 Light. HoW exotic armor has 42 Light right off the bat before upgrades. Make sure you've fully upgraded your old Exotics and Ascended them - if they are 36 Light it means you have to feed it an Exotic Shard for the bump to 42.
- If you reach rank 3 in Iron Banner you can buy one Etheric Light, which lets you take one legendary armor piece of your choosing to 42 Light. At rank 5 you can buy one more.

Once you have two pieces at 42 Light (say, a maxed Exotic + a PoE or Trials piece) you'll be level 33, at which point you can run PoE 34 without being dead weight.

Thanks for the help guys!

When next week does the Iron Banner start?

PuMa

Map rotation for ToO this weekend is really cool, but I'm shocked they only have 6 maps available in the pool for Trials. That would be disappointing if we don't see other maps in the future.

Skele7on

Banned
Map rotation for ToO this weekend is really cool, but I'm shocked they only have 6 maps available in the pool for Trials. That would be disappointing if we don't see other maps in the future.

future DLC maps will be included in trials also Vanilla ones probably once HoW goes into non DLC exclusive rotations.

Skele7on

Banned
Is that real or a joke?

Either way, there are plenty of good maps now that aren't included and probably should be. They really missed an opportunity there.

Yeah, but they really should have included more of the current maps into the rotation now.

Real, Trials was part of the incentive to pick up the new DLC.

Meh... The weapon Xur sells is the only exotic weapon I ever found. I guess I can buy a exotic for my alt Hunter. Also, not enough Motes of Light to play lottery with the Armor engram.

Lnkn52

When you guys have a chance, may you give me some light.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=141142605

Thanks in advance <3

I have 45 so far :)

Me and someone else made it 47 now :p

Lnkn that is sick, so well done!!

You can have all my light because that looks amazing. You've got the skills guardian.

Go for Battle Runner for these reasons^
I suck with shotguns because it's not my playstyle, so I'll probably mess up the timing with sliding or get stuck on geometry.
I've recently trained myself to recognize those sliding bastards. Quickly hit them once with primary, jump up and throwing knife to the face.

Vote well earned!
You can put the strange coins on my account

TY to all who have voted so far. I'm about to break 100!

SgtCobra

Screw snipers, the auto aim is just absurd on some.. Any tips on how to escape them in pvp? Most of the times not even a scout rifle can kill them. I'm a fusion rifle/shotgun user myself so I know jackshit about snipers.

Hmm. My PSN Subscription expires in six days. I am not sure what to do, renew it right away, or wait until vacations (two week) and play something that is not Destiny in the meantime.

So GameStop offers the Suros Arsenal Pack and PSN offers both Suros and Hakke pack, is this correct? Will the PSN version have everything the GameStop bonuses will have?

P44

Screw snipers, the auto aim is just absurd on some.. Any tips on how to escape them in pvp? Most of the times not even a scout rifle can kill them. I'm a fusion rifle/shotgun user myself so I know jackshit about snipers.

Know the sniping lines.

Don't get in the sniping lines.

Countersnipe, or flank the sniping lines if you're not a proficient enough sniper. Flanking can be especially hilarious.

OkayRene

Catching up on things.

There will be more choices than ever to arm yourself in the Tower. Factions will have their own guns. Classes will have their own guns. More Quests will lead you directly to specific guns. Even the Gunsmith will have a new way to include you in his enterprise. We’ll inspect all of that as well before you earn the means to equip yourselves to meet a rising threat.

Whaaaaaa??? Class-specific weapons? That sounds potentially amazing. And also potentially dangerous. I'm going to remain optimistic.

Seems like a great update. All three foundries look great.

ocean

Banned
Dealing with a highly skilled sniper is super tricky. Luckily, you won't encounter many of those. For an average or below player who is sniping, the best counter is to rush them with nades and shotguns. Most people won't be able to quickscope you while rushing so they'll change to primary and fidget and die if you play it right. Also, I get a lot of easy kills when sniping because some headstrong people keep trying the same thing over and over. If you challenge with your scout and get killed, challenging with your scout from the same position when you respawn will probably just get you killed again.

hiryu

Anyone want to do trials after 1:00 EST today on PS4? I've never even tried them so I'm just looking to have fun and get some experience.

I could use Warlock or Hunter.

LiK

I feel so free not wanting any loot anymore. Got everything I wanted so now I play for purely fun. Drops don't even matter.

I guess the TTK will ruin that but that's still weeks away.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Catching up on things.

Whaaaaaa??? Class-specific weapons? That sounds potentially amazing. And also potentially dangerous. I'm going to remain optimistic.

Seems like a great update. All three foundries look great.

It will most likely border on potentially dangerous. Bungie has proven they have issues properly balancing weapons. I'm remaining optimistic though for these changes. The weapon manufacturer stuff is awesome though. Do you guys think it will be like the current factions where you pick one and level rep with them to buy guns?

I feel so free not wanting any loot anymore. Got everything I wanted so now I play for purely fun. Drops don't even matter.

I guess the TTK will ruin that but that's still weeks away.

You have all exotic armor?

I have mostly every exotic weapon and armor. Right now I'm trying to power level some weapons I never use but I would hope they would become useful in TTK (I hope Bungie doesn't screw me over and make me reset progress to raise their attacking power)

Hmm. My PSN Subscription expires in six days. I am not sure what to do, renew it right away, or wait until vacations (two week) and play something that is not Destiny in the meantime.

A destiny break before TTK is a good idea imo.

I must have finshed at least 6 games in the last couple of week because I'm basically not playing destiny.

Also, I dont like the idea of class specific guns.

Bungie already has problems balancing the game right now, If you put classes and subclasses into the mix I tihknk it's only a matter of time before they completelly break the game.

kiguel182

Well, nothing too interesting from Xur. Alt ought I might buy the armour just because and an exotic shard for my hawk moon.

Also,only being able to use one exotic is a really bummer. I had no idea about it until I got them.

Greddleok

Trying to level up by PvP and it's way faster than PvE. I gave up on a Warlock at 13 because it took me a week (of not much play) to get to 13, but this hunter has hit 13 in two days of PvP!

Not having played much FPS PvP before, what sensitivity do you guys use? I whacked it up to 9 but I don't know if I need that much speed. Will I be hamstringing myself if I don't force myself to get used to the high level of sensitivity?

Trying to level up by PvP and it's way faster than PvE. I gave up on a Warlock at 13 because it took me a week (of not much play) to get to 13, but this hunter has hit 13 in two days of PvP!

Not having played much FPS PvP before, what sensitivity do you guys use? I whacked it up to 9 but I don't know if I need that much speed. Will I be hamstringing myself if I don't force myself to get used to the high level of sensitivity?

7 on PS4.

I turn down to 2 or 3 when I play via remote play on my Vita.

LiK

I'm betting class specific guns will just give class specific buffs for your powers like with armor but won't be overpowered offensively themselves.

I must have finshed at least 6 games in the last couple of week because I'm basically not playing destiny.

Right. I mean, I don't want to fully stop since I play like shit even after a few days off (and I haven't played since nightfall due to arriving home and just wanting to go to bed this week), but... Games from the steam summer sale are starting to make a pile of shame again, and I know I probably could beat at least two of them on a single week. And with Destiny, once you pop, you can't stop.

For what it's worth I believe a lot of halo pros played at 3-5 sensitivity. High sensitivity helps you turn faster but makes aiming harder, so it's always a trade off.

I saw kjhovey who's a really good destiny player mention he uses sensitivity of 3 or 4.

Kyoufu

The new Destiny TTK PS4 bundle will include the latest revision, so it'll be cooler and quieter than the original model. I was still on the fence but now I'm definitely getting it.

The problem is though that I'll have a spare copy of Destiny TTK (I assume it's the Collector's Edition).

I'm going to take a break to finish up The Witcher 3 and to play MGSV. Once the Witcher 3 final free DLC comes out I will be hopping back in.

Top Bottom