• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

amar212

Okay,this just popped in the Postmaster.

Those 3 "Special Orders" packages next to the Red Bull XP booster.

Anyone knows what are those?

znZewK0.jpg

Young akamharas spine..........

You were supposed to bring the other bones xur

The other ones!!!!!!!!!!

I'm rarely salty about Xur, but today he brought pure garbage all around! Patience & Time to top it off is funny haha.

2 chest pieces with the chest engram. Nothing else we can get this weekend except chests! Those Hunter gauntlets are beyond worthless

Kyoufu

I'm rarely salty about Xur, but today he brought pure garbage all around! Patience & Time to top it off is funny haha.

2 chest pieces with the chest engram. Nothing else we can get this weekend except chests! Those Hunter gauntlets are beyond worthless

I can't remember the last time he sold a good weapon.

matmanx1

When you guys have a chance, may you give me some light.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=141142605

Thanks in advance <3

I have 45 so far :)

Liked! Great work!

I need some help understanding how to get to level 34.

I'm currently a 32, halfway to 33. I was hoping that Xur would sell me an exotic piece of titan armour with enough light to get me up to 33, but the piece of chest armour I have already contains the same amount as the one he's selling.

I understand that I need etheric light to upgrade my armour in order to get to 34, but the only way I know of getting that is through POE 34. And that would be incredibly difficult for me at 32.

So is my only option to wait another week and hope that Xur sells me a better piece of armour than what I have now? Or is there another of getting up to 34?

Beaten but the easiest way for the solo/casual player to get Etheric Light is to hit Iron Banner hard when it comes up. Make sure you buy/wear the Iron Banner Shader, Class Item and Nameplate as soon as possible because all of those give bonuses to rep gain and make sure that you are buying the buff from Lord Saladin with a mote of light before you begin.

The buff gets stronger everyday but in my experience I need some wins and some bounty completions every day to be able to reach Rank 5 by the weekend which then gives me time to grind some cash if I need extra to buy all the goodies I want from Lord Saladin. Iron Banner items are good but they are not cheap.

Ascend your best Legenday armor pieces to 42 Light using the Etheric Light you can buy at Rank 3 and Rank 5 and you will be most of the way to level 34 if you already have a 42 Light exotic.

Also, I dont like the idea of class specific guns.

Bungie already has problems balancing the game right now, If you put classes and subclasses into the mix I tihknk it's only a matter of time before they completelly break the game.

Yeah I have very little faith in Bungie to be able to create balanced weapons for different classes. This seems like a bad idea unless it's just flavor / class specific perk stuff. (Adds 1 second to shoulder charge duration weee!)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yeah I have very little faith in Bungie to be able to create balanced weapons for different classes. This seems like a bad idea unless it's just flavor / class specific perk stuff. (Adds 1 second to shoulder charge duration weee!)

The only way I could see it working is if they had the same exact stats across the board with the same perk options but just have completely different visual styles exclusive to that class.

Karl2177

Does anyone know if doing a raid on normal then hard counts as 2 raid completions? Or if hard counts as 2 completions also? Alternatively can I keep repeating the same raid over and over again during the same week and have it count towards grimore progress?

ocean

Banned
Out of the 63 Exotic armor pieces and weapons in the game:
- 8 are Exotic Bounties (Super Good Advice, Invective, Pocket Infinity, Thorn, Bad Juju, Queen's Bow, Lord of Wolves, Dreg's Promise)
- 3 are PlayStation exclusive until September (Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman)
- 2 are Raid drops (Vex Mythoclast and Necrochasm)

Out of the remaining 50 items:
- Only The Ram and Bones of Eao have not been sold ever. Weapons? All of them have been sold.
- Only Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord have been sold less than 3 times on the weapons front

I seriously don't get how people can be disappointed with Xûr. He's sold everything except two of the new DLC exotics, and we know they'll inevitably be sold in the next 2-3 weeks.

So sure he doesn't have anything new for us. That's frankly not a disappointment when you consider that you have 90%+ of the Exotics you want, of course it'll be rare for him to have something you want.

I know that but fans have been posting Ghost skin recommendations for months and they never acknowledged them. All that money and they can't get one guy to make some Ghost skins to drop. Shit tier

If you look at the menus of the E3 multiplayer footage, you'll notice that the ghost is now on the main screen under heavy weapons. You'll also notice in the vidoc that a Guardian pulls out a non white ghost. All signs point to something new with ghosts and skins.

Also there is a lock symbol under the class armor... I'm curious what that could be.

Liamc723

Beaten but the easiest way for the solo/casual player to get Etheric Light is to hit Iron Banner hard when it comes up. Make sure you buy/wear the Iron Banner Shader, Class Item and Nameplate as soon as possible because all of those give bonuses to rep gain and make sure that you are buying the buff from Lord Saladin with a mote of light before you begin.

The buff gets stronger everyday but in my experience I need some wins and some bounty completions every day to be able to reach Rank 5 by the weekend which then gives me time to grind some cash if I need extra to buy all the goodies I want from Lord Saladin. Iron Banner items are good but they are not cheap.

Ascend your best Legenday armor pieces to 42 Light using the Etheric Light you can buy at Rank 3 and Rank 5 and you will be most of the way to level 34 if you already have a 42 Light exotic.

Are the shader, class item, nameplate and buff all bought from Lord Saladin?

- 8 are Exotic Bounties (Super Good Advice, Invective, Pocket Infinity, Thorn, Bad Juju, Queen's Bow, Lord of Wolves, Dreg's Promise)
- 3 are PlayStation exclusive until September (Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman)

- Only The Ram and Bones of Eao have not been sold ever. Weapons? All of them have been sold.
- Only Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord have been sold less than 3 times on the weapons front

I seriously don't get how people can be disappointed with Xûr. He's sold everything except two of the new DLC exotics, and we know they'll inevitably be sold in the next 2-3 weeks.

So sure he doesn't have anything new for us. That's frankly not a disappointment when you consider that you have 90%+ of the Exotics you want, of course it'll be rare for him to have something you want.

Yes but we can't roll boot engrams to our hearts content. This makes Bones rarer than it should be. Either give us Bones or give us boot engrams.

Edit: also Gjallarhorn was sold the second week when not many people had coins, no one knew of its awesomeness, and everyone thought 'why waste coins on an exotic heavy? I'll use a primary way more!' Saying Xûr sold Gjallarhorn is true but in reality he may as well never have sold it.

zewone

So every time people mention cheeseing oracles it's snipeing...are you actually using ice breaker? Why not vision of confluence? VoC is so much better for that strategy. The bonus damage on oracles lets it kill just as fast or faster than ice breaker, and you're not going to run out of shots in the middle of a round.

VoC can hit the oracles in the far back?

Mine is to mainly try to catch up my Warlock. Sunbreakers (last week) and starfire protocol are garbage tier!!

ocean

Banned
Yes but we can't roll boot engrams to our hearts content. This makes Bones rarer than it should be. Either give us Bones or give us boot engrams.

Edit: also Gjallarhorn was sold the second week when not many people had coins, no one knew of its awesomeness, and everyone thought 'why waste coins on an exotic heavy? I'll use a primary way more!' Saying Xûr sold Gjallarhorn is true but in reality he may as well never have sold it.
I want those boots too, but I totally understand them wanting to space out the DLC so you don't feel like you got everything at once. It's been 2 months since HoW launched and 7/9 new Exotic armor pieces have been sold. The remaining 2/9 will inevitably follow.

As for "it was week 2 so it doesn't count"... I don't know man. I passed it up when I had a chance and it's a shame we've had No Land Beyond 4 times and Horn once, but to say "he may as well not have sold it" is a bit much.

Tons of people got it that day. Gjallarhorn is super coveted, but it's not super rare. Even being sold just once made it a weapon far more people had than, say, Thunderlord until it was finally sold. Sure, the regret stories get more attention but the fact is it was sold on week 2, and by then the vast majority of launch players, even with one character, had the coins and either got it or knowingly passed it up.

Still, I 100% believe it should be sold again because too many launch players with hundreds of hours still don't have it (even though they're probably a minority of launch players, they're a large enough group to deserve their shot at this).

I was just remarking upon how strange it is that no matter what he sells people still say it's crap when in reality he's sold every single weapon and 34/36 armor pieces :p

LiK

my plan c is fun and amazing
maybe yours is broken or has different perks in some kind of coding bug

Yea, Plan C is quite OP in PVP. The only reason I don't see it often like with Pocket Infinity is most likely it takes up an exotic slot. This is especially true with the way Special ammo spawns now.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Idk man I've been looking for The Armamentarium for a few weeks now for my Titan. Either that or Alpha Lupi to have something useful to wear in PvP, just logged on to buy the chest and grabbed a single emblem as well...

Fast Revive Bitches

Idk man I've been looking for The Armamentarium for a few weeks now for my Titan. Either that or Alpha Lupi to have something useful to wear in PvP, just logged on to buy the chest and grabbed a single emblem as well...

Fast Revive Bitches

Yup! I bought the Arma because I didn't have it, but I will always default to fast revives in Trials. Regular PvP however...my Titan is coming with two grenades now.

All of that stuff will be available on January 1st 2016 for us to get ourselves. Also, isn't this another huge kick in the balls to those that have already had the base Destiny game and aren't going to preorder Physical Taken King? Or am I still confused about the whole taken King shit.

ocean

Banned
Mine is broken, yeah. It goes by the name "Plan C" and does nothing worth using an exotic slot for over a legendary fusion rifle.
It takes a while to master the timing for the weapon switch -> charge -> kill. Once you do, it's a silly and rage inducing monstrosity.

Top Bottom