• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

purg3

slept with Malkin
Trying to level up by PvP and it's way faster than PvE. I gave up on a Warlock at 13 because it took me a week (of not much play) to get to 13, but this hunter has hit 13 in two days of PvP!

Not having played much FPS PvP before, what sensitivity do you guys use? I whacked it up to 9 but I don't know if I need that much speed. Will I be hamstringing myself if I don't force myself to get used to the high level of sensitivity?

3 and inverted. I've always used a low sensitivity since Halo CE.

hiryu

Trying to level up by PvP and it's way faster than PvE. I gave up on a Warlock at 13 because it took me a week (of not much play) to get to 13, but this hunter has hit 13 in two days of PvP!

Not having played much FPS PvP before, what sensitivity do you guys use? I whacked it up to 9 but I don't know if I need that much speed. Will I be hamstringing myself if I don't force myself to get used to the high level of sensitivity?

I like sensitivity of 4 unless your are blink shotgunning. If you are blink shotgunning you probably want at least a 7. Lower sensitivity makes landing head shots easier imo.

A destiny break before TTK is a good idea imo.

I must have finshed at least 6 games in the last couple of week because I'm basically not playing destiny.
I'll never take a true "break" from Destiny, but I didn't play it other than the Nightfalls this week and I'll be doing trials and a little sherpa'ing this weekend. I finally started knocking out the trophies for all the DLC I paid for in Trials Fusion and I beat Far Cry 4. Next up is Arkham Knight.

Right. I mean, I don't want to fully stop since I play like shit even after a few days off (and I haven't played since nightfall due to arriving home and just wanting to go to bed this week), but... Games from the steam summer sale are starting to make a pile of shame again, and I know I probably could beat at least two of them on a single week. And with Destiny, once you pop, you can't stop.

That happens to all of us. Has to do with camera sensitivity.

I'm going to take a break to finish up The Witcher 3 and to play MGSV. Once the Witcher 3 final free DLC comes out I will be hopping back in.

Since I started my destiny break I've:

Platinum'ed Ether One
Platinum'ed Super Stardust Ultra
Platinum'ed Hohokun
Platinum'ed Infamous First Light.
Platinum'ed Danganrompa
100%'ed infamous Festival of Blood
100%'ed Journey PS4

Plus some episodes on Telltale's GoT and TotB.

Currently playing Unfinished Swan, Persona 4 G and South Park Stick of Truth.

I'll never take a true "break" from Destiny, but I didn't play it other than the Nightfalls this week and I'll be doing trials and a little sherpa'ing this weekend. I finally started knocking out the trophies for all the DLC I paid for in Trials Fusion and I beat Far Cry 4. Next up is Arkham Knight.

Yeah. By break I mean a "slow down".

Last week I've played tuesday only. This week Ive played tuesday and I want to do trials with my warlock so I get the heavy ammo boots.

So it's not a 100% break.

Lnkn52

My favorite piece from the Community Creations so far has been this:

sunsinger-animated.gif

This is also interesting. I would imagine that Bungie is working on something similar:

I'm learning how to play Bumper Jumper. I get I need to use 2 fingers on the left side for ADS and Jump. But what about the right side of the controller? Should I continue to use just my index finger? or should I use index for grenades, middle for trigger?

Anyone wants to play some salvage?

I can do it. Really close to levelling my titan subclass.

And then the only trophy missing will be fully levelling an exotic. Bungie actually broke this trophy with the dlc and still hasn't fixed it. i just found out that the Vex is the only weapon now that you can win the trophy by levelling it.

Namikaze1

I was about to ask why do I have packages in my postmaster only to remember Bungie is giving away 9 strange coins to everyone who gives them their email.

I don't need these coins.

Seriously Xur? You suck. Young Ahamkara's spine is garbage. Who has ever played said "Man I wish my trip mine lasted a few more seconds".

Xur brought 0 thinks from my need list. 0! Not even the engrams I need.

Fail.

Oh well. 3 more hours until fun

Oh and Patience & Time. 1 of the 4 exotics that I already have. Excited for no reason.

The more I grind for the Hopscotch the more I've started to loathe loot in this game. For the most part, I don't really seek specific stuff out, but I've really fallen in love with my Messenger and have been wanting to give the Pilgrim a try.

Does Bungie really think once people get stuff they want they will stop playing the game? I have every exotic weapon aside from the 4th Horseman and the Dreg pistol. Even if/when I get those I don't just play for the loot chase. I enjoy the raids, helping out my buddies, and just blowing enemies heads off.

It's as if they don't believe in the really great core mechanics of the game.

How hard would it be to have a system where it says, "Ok, this has dropped for you once, we will now lower the chance on this table for it to drop again"

Ah well, I don't want this to become a rant. I still love the game and Trials does start tonight. Maybe a few trips to Mercury will perk me up.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I know that but fans have been posting Ghost skin recommendations for months and they never acknowledged them. All that money and they can't get one guy to make some Ghost skins to drop. Shit tier

Yeah, I'm just messing around but I know what you mean. Considering that other ghost skin was data mined ages ago too. Seems like it would be something simple to incorporate, but for some reason this game has been any thing but for Bungie.

PuMa

How is that different skin that's currently in the game even earned? My ghost is still white -_-

You can't even earn them. That's the ridiculous part. There was I think one skin (or two?) that were part of some pre-order bonus or something like that.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How is that different skin that's currently in the game even earned? My ghost is still white -_-

The only other one is from the vanilla collector's edition. There was another one I think it was the "infiltration" skin or something but as of now you still can't get it?

Lnkn52

I know that but fans have been posting Ghost skin recommendations for months and they never acknowledged them. All that money and they can't get one guy to make some Ghost skins to drop. Shit tier

Since the community isn't asking for it, we won't get it :/

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/140885111/0/0
Bungie said:
If you’d like to see new items placed on this list, start a New Topic on this Feedback board. Popular opinion matters! Topics that trend on this forum are more powerful than comments on this post.

Here are the most frequent community wishes for Destiny:
-Transmogrification
-Private Crucible Matches
-Gun Skins
-Guardian Facial Hair
-Vault Sorting Options
-Crucible Map Voting
-Expanding Faction Interaction
-Aim Assist Toggle Option
-Rotating Stock on Tower Vendors
-Dismantle Consumable Items
-Additional Matchmaking Options
-Weapon Rebalancing
-Material Stack Size Increase
-Additional Storage/Vault Options

LiK

The only other one is from the vanilla collector's edition. There was another one I think it was the "infiltration" skin or something but as of now you still can't get it?

Yea, I got the CE skin and it's not even that nice looking.

That happens to all of us. Has to do with camera sensitivity.

It was even more obvious when I began wednesday with the nightfall. Literaly I was feeling inebriated. Well, actually, I play better while under the influence of the alcohol, but that's a whole different story. In the end, it's sorta good for me do a few strikes and queen's bounties before considering a hard heroic or PoE.

PuMa

If you’d like to see new items placed on this list, start a New Topic on this Feedback board. Popular opinion matters! Topics that trend on this forum are more powerful than comments on this post.

Here are the most frequent community wishes for Destiny:
-Transmogrification
-Private Crucible Matches
-Gun Skins
-Guardian Facial Hair
-Vault Sorting Options
-Crucible Map Voting
-Expanding Faction Interaction
-Aim Assist Toggle Option
-Rotating Stock on Tower Vendors
-Dismantle Consumable Items
-Additional Matchmaking Options
-Weapon Rebalancing
-Material Stack Size Increase
-Additional Storage/Vault Options

What the heck, why is more vault space not on the list? If the old gens are such a problem they should change the way the vault is displayed.

It is on the list.

Shito

Damn, Capcom, I wanted to have a small Destiny week and play another game for once, but it seems like I'll be back on my usual routine this week-end. ^^

Top Bottom