• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
That Dilbert strip about RNG is a classic. It fits Destiny so perfectly that I'd probably work something up if I had the Photoshop skills. It's like this game in a nutshell :p

Gordon

So I picked up a Spare Change in Crucible. What's a good roll to aim for? I haven't really paid any attention to PRs besides Red Death.

Gordon

Oh, random anecdote to be fair, but my buddies and I were running in Elimination with NLB/Vestian Dynasty and the teams we destroyed were getting amazing drops. We saw 2/3 and 3/3 players get legendary drops several games in a row. It got to the point that we felt bad when people ragequit because they were missing out on drops lol

tl;dr Destiny cares about feelings?

Deku Tree

https://destinyelite.com

Wow these players boosting services are very expensive. And they charge less to do it for you without you showing up at all.

I have no problem with people doing whatever they want with their own money, but if you use those services then I really don't understand what's the point of even playing the game at all?

matmanx1

Out of the 63 Exotic armor pieces and weapons in the game:
- 8 are Exotic Bounties (Super Good Advice, Invective, Pocket Infinity, Thorn, Bad Juju, Queen's Bow, Lord of Wolves, Dreg's Promise)
- 3 are PlayStation exclusive until September (Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman)
- 2 are Raid drops (Vex Mythoclast and Necrochasm)

Out of the remaining 50 items:
- Only The Ram and Bones of Eao have not been sold ever. Weapons? All of them have been sold.
- Only Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord have been sold less than 3 times on the weapons front

I seriously don't get how people can be disappointed with Xûr. He's sold everything except two of the new DLC exotics, and we know they'll inevitably be sold in the next 2-3 weeks.

So sure he doesn't have anything new for us. That's frankly not a disappointment when you consider that you have 90%+ of the Exotics you want, of course it'll be rare for him to have something you want.

Pretty much how I feel about it. There's only one "powerful" exotic that I still want and that's Gjallarhorn. Otherwise it's flavor stuff like the Necro or Monte Carlo that would be fun but I don't really "need". Xur is just a bonus at this point, really.

Are the shader, class item, nameplate and buff all bought from Lord Saladin?

Yep. Bring cold hard glimmer. Thousands of it.

Cheesy but cool.

Oh wow. And this is why VoG is still the best thing in Destiny.

I want those boots too, but I totally understand them wanting to space out the DLC so you don't feel like you got everything at once. It's been 2 months since HoW launched and 7/9 new Exotic armor pieces have been sold. The remaining 2/9 will inevitably follow.

As for "it was week 2 so it doesn't count"... I don't know man. I passed it up when I had a chance and it's a shame we've had No Land Beyond 4 times and Horn once, but to say "he may as well not have sold it" is a bit much.

Tons of people got it that day. Gjallarhorn is super coveted, but it's not super rare. Even being sold just once made it a weapon far more people had than, say, Thunderlord until it was finally sold. Sure, the regret stories get more attention but the fact is it was sold on week 2, and by then the vast majority of launch players, even with one character, had the coins and either got it or knowingly passed it up.

Still, I 100% believe it should be sold again because too many launch players with hundreds of hours still don't have it (even though they're probably a minority of launch players, they're a large enough group to deserve their shot at this).

I was just remarking upon how strange it is that no matter what he sells people still say it's crap when in reality he's sold every single weapon and 34/36 armor pieces :p

Think about how many strange coins people had back then. You were lucky if you even had 17. I think a very small percentage of people with Gjallarhorn got it from Xûr. Probably 99% got it from rng.

ocean

Banned
Think about how many strange coins people had back then. You were lucky if you even had 17. I think a very small percentage of people with Gjallarhorn got it from Xûr. Probably 99% got it from rng.
Look at the thread for that week. Week 2 was probably OT3 I think? Posting speed was ridiculous, I think OT1 lasted a day once the game launched. Don't remember.

We chose armor instead, very few people passed it up because of lacking coins. But scratch that, I rambled on a bit in that post. My main point was that you can't hold Xur hostage to selling Gjallarhorn or "he sucks ass" because it ignores the fact that he's literally sold nearly everything. Let's ignore Ghorn and Tlord because reasons, and add Ram and Bones of Eao.

That's 2 items never sold and 2 items sold once, out of a table including 50 items. 46/50 items sold very recently or numerous times. Like, of course there isn't anything new. He's sold everything (nearly) was my point :p

ocean

Banned
Anyone know what the current cost of armor, light, and weapons are from Iron Banner? I can't remember. Googling...
They're a lot cheaper than they used to be. I might be a little off but I think:

Etheric Light: 5,000
Armor: 5,000
Weapons: 7,500

Or something close to that? I remember weapons used to be outrageously expensive before, like 12kish.

purg3

slept with Malkin
They're a lot cheaper than they used to be. I might be a little off but I think:

Etheric Light: 5,000
Armor: 5,000
Weapons: 7,500

Or something close to that? I remember weapons used to be outrageously expensive before, like 12kish.

Yeah that's about right. Wonder what weapons will be sold and which will be drops this IB.

GreyWind

v1OpR5n.png

Are you guys getting this or Am I the only one?

Just off after a very frustrating - yet very familiar - episode on crucible.

Hand cannons outdoing shotguns at close range.

Hand cannons outdoing auto rifles at medium range.

Hand cannons outdoing sniper rifles at long range.

Then rocket launcher spamming every few minutes.

Followed by ninja teleportation stabbing that lasts at least twice as long as it should. :(

Hopefully balance comes soon.

Gotta say I like the rotating maps, but I'm so disappointed they are only using six maps for trials. Trials on Firebase Delphi or Shores of Time would be so good.

Top Bottom