• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Just off after a very frustrating - yet very familiar - episode on crucible.

Hand cannons outdoing shotguns at close range.

Hand cannons outdoing auto rifles at medium range.

Hand cannons outdoing sniper rifles at long range.

Then rocket launcher spamming every few minutes.

Followed by ninja teleportation stabbing that lasts at least twice as long as it should. :(

Hopefully balance comes soon.

Yeah. I was running Monte Carlo before and was having fun for a while. Then I came up against three or four half decent players using TLW and Thorn and got rekt.

Edit: <Top of page mobile data plan destroying gif>

LiK

I'm way behind in getting Trials gear. I've only got the helmets for the Titan and Warlock, and only the gauntlets for my Hunter :/

I love the way they look. None of the other gauntlets look good with the Warlock Exile gear. I just need them to match up lol

I rolled my hopscotch with:

Sureshot IS, red dot ORES, FLS2
Rodeo
Casket mag
Head seeker

This is a keeper right?

Meh, it comes down to taste. If I were lucky enough to get a HP I'd want to max the stability. I'm not sure what rodeo does, but I think it reduces muzzle climb but doesn't tighten the shot pattern. Without perfect stability you'd be more likely to proc headseeker though so it might be fine.

For me an ideal roll would be third eye/range finder braced frame, and hidden hand. That's just because I want a Lazer of death though.

Look at the thread for that week. Week 2 was probably OT3 I think? Posting speed was ridiculous, I think OT1 lasted a day once the game launched. Don't remember.

We chose armor instead, very few people passed it up because of lacking coins. But scratch that, I rambled on a bit in that post. My main point was that you can't hold Xur hostage to selling Gjallarhorn or "he sucks ass" because it ignores the fact that he's literally sold nearly everything. Let's ignore Ghorn and Tlord because reasons, and add Ram and Bones of Eao.

That's 2 items never sold and 2 items sold once, out of a table including 50 items. 46/50 items sold very recently or numerous times. Like, of course there isn't anything new. He's sold everything (nearly) was my point :p

Yeah i agree. I think Xûr is flawed. He will enevitibly be a let down. Not sure how to fix him. And yeah, bones and ram will be sold eventually. It's not like Gjallarhorn where we're pretty much convinced he'll never sell it.

Meh, it comes down to taste. If I were lucky enough to get a HP I'd want to max the stability. I'm not sure what rodeo does, but I think it reduces muzzle climb but doesn't tighten the shot pattern. Without perfect stability you'd be more likely to proc headseeker though so it might be fine.

For me an ideal roll would be third eye/range finder braced frame, and hidden hand. That's just because I want a Lazer of death though.

Definitely something I'll just have to give a try and see what works. The roll I got is basically a messenger, which isn't a terrible thing.

I've paid basically no attention to Trials since launch. Just saw those Warlock boots for this week and holy shit I need them. I have enough to buy each of the three buffs, so I guess that means I only need to win 2, or 3, matches right?

matmanx1

A Skolas daily, eh? Since I'm just doing dailies at this point to get Ascendant Energies for a Found Verdict and the Skolas dailies don't give ascendant energies looks like I will be skipping this one.

Insaniac

Finally rolled my dream PvE Sniper

Efrideet's Spear with Surplus, Field Scout and Firefly. It's solar damage, but I didn't care about the element after 200ish rolls

ich00

Yeah i agree. I think Xûr is flawed. He will enevitibly be a let down. Not sure how to fix him. And yeah, bones and ram will be sold eventually. It's not like Gjallarhorn where we're pretty much convinced he'll never sell it.

Give him boot engrams?

I'm not sure he's a let down to everyone thoough: a friend of mine just started playing a few weeks ago and this is the first week he has the coins to by something, so he's excited about the titan chest at least. to us long time players who have many of the exotics, he's a shot in the dark for an item we're looking for. I don't have much of a problem with that. Besides it looks like he's finally selling something other than a green drive for a sparrow, I'll take that! =D

I rolled a...

Red Dot-ORS1, Focus Lens FLS2, Truesight IS
Third Eye
Braced Frame
Rangefinder

...on my recently acquired Pilgrim. My issue is deciding which of the optics to use. The Red and True both have 100% maxed stability while the Focus sits at about 96 give or take. I have been using the Red the most as it seemingly feels the best so far while the True feels a bit sluggish and the Focus doesn't have as tight of a spread as the other 2 obviously. Wish I would have gotten some of the other optics but I'll keep this one as is and hope for a second drop to play around with.

Dave_6

I love the way they look. None of the other gauntlets look good with the Warlock Exile gear. I just need them to match up lol

I'm still pissed at myself for not trying any harder to get the Warlock chest last weekend :( Looks great and had great stats.

I rolled a...

Red Dot-ORS1, Focus Lens FLS2, Truesight IS
Third Eye
Braced Frame
Rangefinder

...on my recently acquired Pilgrim. My issue is deciding which of the optics to use. The Red and True both have 100% maxed stability while the Focus sits at about 96 give or take. I have been using the Red the most as it seemingly feels the best so far while the True feels a bit sluggish and the Focus doesn't have as tight of a spread as the other 2 obviously. Wish I would have gotten some of the other optics but I'll keep this one as is and hope for a second drop to play around with.

Damn I'm jealous. I don't remember sights by name apart from sniper scopes. Personally I like the sights that are just a dot. The circle and dot is too obtrusive for my tastes.

Give him boot engrams?

I'm not sure he's a let down to everyone thoough: a friend of mine just started playing a few weeks ago and this is the first week he has the coins to by something, so he's excited about the titan chest at least. to us long time players who have many of the exotics, he's a shot in the dark for an item we're looking for. I don't have much of a problem with that. Besides it looks like he's finally selling something other than a green drive for a sparrow, I'll take that! =D

That's what I said. Lol.

And what I mean is he will enevitibly be a let down the longer you play.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah that's about right. Wonder what weapons will be sold and which will be drops this IB.

I'm hoping Ghaleon's gets sold. I missed it in previous Iron Banners. Only weapon I need (didn't drop for me despite getting all three characters to 5 last time around too, doh).

what in the flippin fuck.
I played quite a bit of PVP before the major changes and enjoyed myself ok. But what the hell, i tried to get back in to this and i think i got 1 shotted like 10 times of my 12 deaths in the first round..

This turned in to an even greater mess then before??

Also lol @ autorifles, i have no words

I rolled my hopscotch with:

Sureshot IS, red dot ORES, FLS2
Rodeo
Casket mag
Head seeker

This is a keeper right?

I've gone through loads of versions of mine (and a fortune in motes) Headseeker isn't worth it imo, you want outlaw/feeding frenzy - braced and hidden hand for maximum laser beam killing, on smaller maps feeding frenzy, braced/smallbore and reactive reload would be beast

Kurumi

Combined Arms is the playlist for you then. Unfortunately it's the only time there are maps with enough range to stay out of shottie and hand cannon territory.

Don't think it matters what playlist I go to lol. I still get stuck on a losing team with randoms anyway.

EDIT: And now I realized I can't even play Combined Arms because Salvage is there this week. GG

Top Bottom