• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I'm feeling lost after a week of only playing one day and being busy to new degrees, to the point now it feels ominous to go back and I've started playing other stuff. I feel like my skill level for complicated modes (high level heroics, nightfall, PoE) will never be enough. Unless having hihgly skilled and equipped players on the team, the last games have been complete disasters. :(

Not only I'm sucking at tactics, remembering to cover, etc, but I feel like I can't do anything about most enemies and dealing damage is nigh impossible unless somebody in the team is equipped with a heavy hitting weapon (when there is a Gallajhon being used, everything changes).

I'm feeling lost after a week of only playing one day and being busy to new degrees, to the point now it feels ominous to go back and I've started playing other stuff. I feel like my skill level for complicated modes (high level heroics, nightfall, PoE) will never be enough. Unless having hihgly skilled and equipped players on the team, the last games have been complete disasters. :(

Not only I'm sucking at tactics, remembering to cover, etc, but I feel like I can't do anything about most enemies and dealing damage is nigh impossible unless somebody in the team is equipped with a heavy hitting weapon (when there is a Gallajhon being used, everything changes).

Are you trying nightfall and weekly? The strikes have elemental burns,which means certain elements do more damage when that burn is active.

For instance, weekly is void burn - so void weapons and abilities do more damage than other elements. You also take more damage from void attacks, so have to keep that in mind.

Thanks to Koro and Tae for the smooth trials run, 35-3 on rounds lol. Got arc jewel and starfire protocol from the chest, exile's curse from the gold package.

Are you trying nightfall and weekly? The strikes have elemental burns,which means certain elements do more damage when that burn is active.

For instance, weekly is void burn - so void weapons and abilities do more damage than other elements. You also take more damage from void attacks, so have to keep that in mind.

A Gafer helped me with nightfall, but I still haven't done the weekly. Two tries before giving up due to quitters, bad connection, and zero teamplay with the worst possible randoms I've been matched with. My only void weapon are Dry Rot, super short range shotgun, and The Chosen (sniper), a weapon I'm not really good at using.

A Gafer helped me with nightfall, but I still haven't done the weekly. Two tries before giving up due to quitters, bad connection, and zero teamplay with the worst possible randoms I've been matched with. My only void weapon are Dry Rot, super short range shotgun, and The Chosen (sniper), a weapon I'm not really good at using.

Kadey is online, she can help you with weekly, poe etc..

Weekly with randoms is not the best idea, especially if you're new and don't have good guns.

Some of the best weapons are obtained from raiding, so if you plan to keep on playing Destiny, it's a good option to join raids as frequently as you can.

Kadey is online, she can help you with weekly, poe etc..

Weekly with randoms is not the best idea, especially if you're new and don't have good guns.

Some of the best weapons are obtained from raiding, so if you plan to keep on playing Destiny, it's a good option to join raids as frequently as you can.

Booked for household chores atm, sadly. I'd like to jump in, but damn. Real Life. I don't even have the strenght to binge game all night hoping I will be able to jump into events and make up for the time lost this week. I have five days of Destiny left before the PSN subscription expires and decide if I take a break until TtK, and I wanted to make good use of them...

"So tired I can't even play". That's been the whole week for me.

maomaoIYP

I had one piece of etheric light from this week's NF. I couldn't figure out the best way to spend it until I realized that I can use it on my boots to put me to 34, run a poe34, get another piece, repeat the same on my second and third characters. Feels damn good to get them all to 34 at one go! At last I can play trials without feeling left out being stuck at 33....

Morning DGAF. I had a few good Clash matches recently and I've uploaded them to YouTube. If any of the PVPers out there are willing to give me feedback it would be much appreciated.

I feel I've improved loads but I still make some silly mistakes that lead to a lot of deaths.

http://youtu.be/wLrdUzeRUxU - 27-9 on twilight gap

https://youtu.be/5MQoXari0ZA - 23-5 on burning shrine

I think I make a lot less mistakes on burning shrine and have less deaths and longer streaks.

A 32 lvl Warlock with Voidwalker, as my sunsinger (which should be the way to go with the revival perk) is still not fully leveled, making it useless.

Revival is clutch and more useful in situations where it can prevent a wipe, like nightfall. True warlocks play voidwalker :p

You're still 32? You should do the 32 poe before weekly to get the armor and upgrade to 33.

Gala

Booked for household chores atm, sadly. I'd like to jump in, but damn. Real Life. I don't even have the strenght to binge game all night hoping I will be able to jump into events and make up for the time lost this week. I have five days of Destiny left before the PSN subscription expires and decide if I take a break until TtK, and I wanted to make good use of them...

"So tired I can't even play". That's been the whole week for me.

If you need help with the weekly, add me on PSN: GalaVita. I should be online throughout the whole day and if I'm not online on PSN just write me a message there, it will pop up on my smartphone.

I've been feeling a bit scared about PoE. I only did the 28 once with randoms. They were damn good, and carrying all the weight while I sucked (trying to at least makie me useful by reviving others or running to dispose of the mines fast). But since I haven't played non matchmaking activies (where you could get armor cores or etheric Light) since the VoG newbies raid, i've been stuck at 32 since I bought the 4 legendary pieces of armor from the tower vendors.

I started doing a Hunter as an Alt, but it is stuck at 9. I don't have a lot of time, and since I haven't been grinding since I hit 20, I am even getting low on Glimmer. I won't be connecting until at least five hours later when the place stops looking like a den for metheads.

Gala

I've been feeling a bit scared about PoE. I only did the 28 once with randoms. They were damn good, and carrying all the weight while I sucked (trying to at least making me useful reviving others). But since I haven't played non matchmaking activies (where you could get armor cores or etheric Light), i've been stuck at 32 since I bought the 4 legendary pieces of armor from the tower vendors.

Don't be afraid of being not as good as other players at all. Especially here on GAF, just ask for help anytime. People here are so helpful and nice and have fun seeing other people success in the game and get nice gear and be happy about it. You don't have to pressure yourself. Just play and improve in your on pace and have fun.

And as ruthless said. You should definitely do PoE32 this week since you get a 42 Light Armor from the vendor after it.

adin75

I've been feeling a bit scared about PoE. I only did the 28 once with randoms. They were damn good, and carrying all the weight while I sucked (trying to at least making me useful reviving others).

I started doing a Hunter as an Alt, but it is stuck at 9. I don't have a lot of time, and since I haven't been grinding since I hit 20, I am even getting low on Glimmer. I won't be connecting until at least five hours later when the place stops looking like a den for metheads.

PoE isn't to bad, get a few rounds in with people here that will take the time to explain it all and the best strategies. I'm happy to help you out, or anyone else, though I'm not sure our timezones will make that to practical.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm always up for helping whenever need be if I'm not busy doing something. Part of the fun of this game is helping others out.

I've been feeling a bit scared about PoE. I only did the 28 once with randoms. They were damn good, and carrying all the weight while I sucked (trying to at least makie me useful by reviving others or running to dispose of the mines fast). But since I haven't played non matchmaking activies (where you could get armor cores or etheric Light) since the VoG newbies raid, i've been stuck at 32 since I bought the 4 legendary pieces of armor from the tower vendors.

Im happy to do PoE 32 in a few hours if you're up for it

nOoblet16

GAF has varying level of skills, when it comes to PvP most are not as good as some of the more prominent PvP players here but it doesn't mean they cannot play with the high skilled PvPers or should have a reason to feel embarrassed to ask. It's the same for other game modes. Everyone started at some point and as such were inexperienced but hey it's only a game so you can keep improving rapidly. You should give yourself more credit as you most likely are much better than what you imagine yourself to be.

Also Level 32 isn't really useless, the only content that you won't be able to play and enjoy is PoE level 34/35. Once you get to 33 it'll only be 35 that you can't enjoy properly until you get to level 34. Most of us got to level 33 by upgrading an exotic armour and buying an armour core from variks by finishing PoE level 32 (it really doesn't make much of a difference if you play PoE 32 as a level 32 guardian or 34). Then we played PoE 34 with level 33 characters.

All you have to do is just make a post here asking if anyone is interested in doing PoE32 with a first timer and people will be happy to play. The more you play the easier it becomes.

Pat_DC

Oh good so it's not just me.

It got me as well, psn seems fine though (even downloaded Journey).

I can even see some of my friends on psn are playing Destiny... sigh

My feels right now...
MeatySorrowfulGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

*Edit - seems ok now, maybe try again Cade?

Cade

It got me as well, psn seems fine though (even downloaded Journey).

I can even see some of my friends on psn are playing Destiny... sigh

My feels right now...
MeatySorrowfulGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

*Edit - seems ok now, maybe try again Cade?
Will give it a try after I finish this rocket league match. Oops they forfeited loool
Yeah I'm in. Cool

There's plenty of us on here that are more than happy to help people out, myself included.

I don't even care if the people I'm helping are under levelled for the activity, myself and others would be able to make up for it but I would advise anyone to be at the required levels for their own enjoyment more than anything else.

Anyway, if you want to run anything just give me a shout and I'm sure I'd be able to help out, plus I'm 99% sure we would be able to get more people if needed from here too!

When I have my mic on I'm happy to explain tactics for stuff etc although I do usually stay quiet as most people can't understand my Scottish accent :p

I'm not on Dedtiny right now as I'm watching Formula 1 qualifying but afterwards I will be so if you want help add me and ask on here or send me a PSN message :)

PSN - Souldestroyer199

Also DGAF if anyone is up for some games of Rocket League hit me up! Game is too much fun!

I sometimes forget that I'm playing it for fun and need to slap myself to stop being so competitive though :p

Top Bottom