• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Asking again, any other DGAFers going to Gamescomm?

I'm meeting up with nooblet, EJRobinson and Gala Vita, if anyone else is coming or wants to meet up, let us know please :)

Asking again, any other DGAFers going to Gamescomm?

I'm meeting up with nooblet, EJRobinson and Gala Vita, if anyone else is coming or wants to meet up, let us know please :)

The only thing you're better at than sharing Gorgons and sherpa'ing newbies is camping page top ;)

Are you allowed to freely record videos and take pics at Gamescom? We need that inside info!

The only thing you're better at than sharing Gorgons and sherpa'ing newbies is camping page top ;)

Are you allowed to freely record videos and take pics at Gamescom? We need that inside info!

^lol wut? I had no idea, just posted after 2 hours..thread and activity is super slow

We will get whatever inside info we can...since they've already shown Destiny at E3, don't think they'll have anything against taking videos of TTK at GC.

Deku Tree

Since it's been hard, and takes a long time to make PoE groups around here recently, and late in the week NF groups too, I decided to try DestinyLFG.com yesterday. And each time I made a post then I got numerous invites within seconds. And I had all eight good group experiences.

It felt like in game MM Lolz.

Nobody booted me in the final round to invite their friend or anything like that either lol.

^lol wut? I had no idea, just posted after 2 hours..thread and activity is super slow

We will get whatever inside info we can...since they've already shown Destiny at E3, don't think they'll have anything against taking videos of TTK at GC.

Can't fool me like your VoG newbies DJ, I know all your tricks! Also I'm just giving you a hard time. Thread is always super slow early in the American morning and especially on weekends.

I heard they've made changes to the TTK build since E3 so it'll be interesting to hear all your impressions. Besides I'm much more interested in what you all have to say instead of some media member that barely plays the game.

I'm small enough to skip lines and take pics. They'll never see me coming.

Lol nice! Can't wait to see what you all dig up.

Can't fool me like your VoG newbies DJ, I know all your tricks! Also I'm just giving you a hard time. Thread is always super slow early in the American morning and especially on weekends.

I heard they've made changes to the TTK build since E3 so it'll be interesting to hear all your impressions. Besides I'm much more interested in what you all have to say instead of some media member that barely plays the game.

Lol nice! Can't wait to see what you all dig up.

I know :p

We'll try and gather as much info as we can. What changes are you referring to, pvp or pve? I doubt they will show much pve content, maybe just the social space, one new strike or a mission. Would be mostly pvp with the new classes.

I'm small enough to skip lines and take pics. They'll never see me coming.

Clearly you've never been to a gaming convention before :p

When did Nghtly's stream viewer numbers blow up?

Yesterday. He got matched against one of the biggest Destiny streamers (Ms5000watts or w/e) and got a ton of attention and viewers from her channel.

Him and Legend beat her full Trials team 5-1 while carrying a viewer like they always do, crazy stuff. He streamed all day and kept building viewers the whole time, from around 150-200 after that match up to 676 maybe 10 hours later when I got offline. No idea how long he kept going or if the viewers climbed but he was the 3rd highest viewed Destiny streamer at the time.

He also has made a few You Tube montages that have been getting a lot of views recently, at least 20k+ last I checked.

Yesterday. He got matched against one of the biggest Destiny streamers (Ms5000watts or w/e) and got a ton of attention and viewers from her channel.

Him and Legend beat her full Trials team 5-1 while carrying a viewer like they always do, crazy stuff. He streamed all day and kept building viewers the whole time, from around 150-200 after that match up to 676 maybe 10 hours later when I got offline. No idea how long he kept going or if the viewers climbed but he was the 3rd highest viewed Destiny streamer at the time.

He also has made a few You Tube montages that have been getting a lot of views recently, at least 20k+ last I checked.

Unstable needs to get in on some of that action, match up against some big time streamers.

That sweaty game last week against Invigorate was so good, need more stuff like that.

Deku Tree

There's only so long you can go as number 1 player without being noticed

I just noticed that his team-mate Legend is now the Number 1 PSN ToO player. Nghtly is now number 2.

I wonder who Legend was playing with to get all those extra games. Last time I looked Legend had several hundred fewer games than Nghtly.

Wow!

And yup Nghtly's latest YouTube montage is totally amazing. Even being the best moments in a super huge number of play hours, it's pretty crazy that someone can pull off the stuff Nghtly is doing in that video. All the quick scoping up close and winning the close up 1v3s with a sniper, and the no-scopes too.

Since it's been hard, and takes a long time to make PoE groups around here recently, and late in the week NF groups too, I decided to try DestinyLFG.com yesterday. And each time I made a post then I got numerous invites within seconds. And I had all eight good group experiences.

It felt like in game MM Lolz.

Nobody booted me in the final round to invite their friend or anything like that either lol.

The longer I've played and the more I've heard how much it bothers so many people, the more open I've become to in-game MM. I think everything outside raids should have it as long as it came with strict level requirements to enter (can't use PoE 34 MM as a 33). PoE 35 is a tough one without check points considering the forced under leveling, it's in a weird "non-raid raid" limbo space.

NM raids should absolutely not have MM... at first. After a few weeks to a month, once the strats are on farm and spread through the community then optional MM can be added. HM raids are trickier. Personally I wouldn't ever want MM for the highest PvE content, kinda like no MM for Trials. But with checkpoints (and considering how easy hard Crota is now), I can understand the argument.

A timed lockout from MM for people that leave games, even 15 minutes, would be critical although it could get messy technically with disconnections unfairly punishing people.

. What changes are you referring to, pvp or pve? I doubt they will show much pve content, maybe just the social space, one new strike or a mission. Would be mostly pvp with the new classes.

Mainly PvP. I heard they had to nerf the new Titan hammer super since it was way too OP, make it a two hit kill instead of one. But any other stuff you notice about leveling progression, or armor perks or class item bonuses, UI changes, just anything that catches your eye.

I just noticed that his team-mate Legend is now the Number 1 PSN ToO player. Nghtly is now number 2.

I wonder who Legend was playing with to get all those extra games. Last time I looked Legend had several hundred fewer games than Nghtly.

Legend plays with Catfan and ZLCris as well, I pointed out to nghtly 2 weeks ago on stream that Legend stole his #1 spot, that was fun to watch :p

Mainly PvP. I heard they had to nerf the new Titan hammer super since it was way too OP, make it a two hit kill instead of one. But any other stuff you notice about leveling progression, or armor perks or class item bonuses, UI changes, just anything that catches your eye.

Will do. I read about the titan hammers but depending on how many hammers a titan can throw with the super, it might be similar to sunsingers using grenades under radiance.

Wow!

And yup Nghtly's latest YouTube montage is totally amazing. Even being the best moments in a super huge number of play hours, it's pretty crazy that someone can pull off the stuff Nghtly is doing in that video. All the quick scoping up close and winning the close up 1v3s with a sniper, and the no-scopes too.

I won a 1 v 3 with TLW for the first guy, and sniped the other two all at pretty close range last night. Felt so good, but I was on too much of a high to remember to save the clip.

Legend plays with Catfan and ZLCris as well, I pointed out to nghtly 2 weeks ago on stream that Legend stole his #1 spot, that was fun to watch :p.

At least stat-wise ZLCris is actually by far the best Devil which is insane. He has an overall Crucible K/D of 4.19 which is way higher than anyone else (all sub-3.0).

He hasn't played nearly as much Trials as Nghtly and Legend, but across 687 games he has a 6.86 K/D. Six point eight six. I can't even imagine. That's the craziest Trials stat I've ever seen.

I dunno about stats, nghtly and legend are so chill on the stream, I don't think they care too much about KD and stats than just having fun. The way they play trials and the way they were doing sweaties against triplewreck, etc is totally different.

At least stat-wise ZLCris is actually by far the best Devil which is insane. He has an overall Crucible K/D of 4.19 which is way higher than anyone else (all sub-3.0).

He hasn't played nearly as much Trials as Nghtly and Legend, but across 687 games he has a 6.86 K/D. Six point eight six. I can't even imagine. That's the craziest Trials stat I've ever seen.

I got carried by ZLChris and General Matsumoto, and also Nghtly and Legend. I contributed a little with Nghtly, but I literally couldn't do anything with Chris. Everyone was already dead, if I over extended to get a kill I felt like I was getting in the way. Legend is also very underrated. They're all unbelievably good.

I think having a settled team or team mate at the minimum really helps those guys though?

When you play enough with someone you know what they do, where they go, what plays to make and when.

I think that's a massive advantage.

I played with Rubenov and due to not being familiar with playing with him, I had never done so, we ended up sucking, mostly my fault. I'm not as comfortable playing aggressive, I'm not great with blink either.

I like to stick back and pick people off by defending an area and letting the enemies run to us.

Really, I need to spend more time playing ToO and be more consistent. I've not really bothered with it. I kinda blow hot and cold where I can go crucible games without dying and having massive K/D's to making stupid decisions and having a sub positive K/D.

Shito

I dunno about stats, nghtly and legend are so chill on the stream, I don't think they care too much about KD and stats than just having fun. The way they play trials and the way they were doing sweaties against triplewreck, etc is totally different.
Yeah they don't really care. Last night Nghtly was jokingly yelling "I got farmed! My KD!" each time he got killed on revive. ^^

The way the end game is now balanced is good for Nghtly/Unstable - You have a large percentage (I should imagine) of players who could complete the vault/crota relatively easily and get decent rewards, now all the good stuff is stuck behind Trials and not many people are capable of getting to 9-0

They're going to keep getting more and more viewers in hope of winning the raffle to carry them to the current endgame

On Trials as someone relatively new to the PvP side of the game, I found the rotating maps a real struggle, anytime we got some sort of rhythm/ run going we was thrown into a bad map/spawn. I can see why they did it but for non Mercury players it makes it even harder

nOoblet16

The two biggest factors in the ranking IMO are number of games and win percentage. So if Triple doesn't play as much then he is ranked lower.

But he does play everyday and being the top viewed Destiny PvP streamer you would expect him to be there because he pretty much plays PvP full time and plays Trials whenever it's on.

Frenden

Banned
Been using NLB, it's quite fun in crucible if you are used to snipers..

Despite it being my second most common drop, I never leveled it. I used it, with no perks, in Crucible yesterday and I had a lot of fun. Obligatory MLG PRO NO SCOPE 360 comment goes here.

The armor from 5 wins is cool but the Flawless stuff isn't that good.

Elemental primaries is the main thing, I've had a void scout from about 8 Skolas completions - I probably would have more but I gave up on that as a time/value proposition along time ago

The "Team Bag" kept me from getting headshot. He was aiming for my head and hit my body! I was trying to teach my team a lesson about not dying in the first few seconds :p

KrPW8X.gif

ocean

Banned

I saw some Rumble matches with Nghtly, Chris, Matty, Legend and Catfan (+ some extremely unlucky random) and Chris is absurd. He was playing Gunslinger and I don't think he ever lost the Gunslinger's Trance buff. Also his slide shotgun game is seriously on point :p

Wicked is no 33 and stabbie is 30.

Where the hell is Triplewreck? He's not even in top 100 for trials.

By streamer standards Triple barely plays Trials. He has fewer games than me for crying out loud! (557 vs 571)

He hasn't played Trials for a month, back when it was on Thieves Den.

Top Bottom