• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Since it's been hard, and takes a long time to make PoE groups around here recently, and late in the week NF groups too, I decided to try DestinyLFG.com yesterday. And each time I made a post then I got numerous invites within seconds. And I had all eight good group experiences.

It felt like in game MM Lolz.

LFG gets a bad rap here, and I don't really understand it. Some regular posters can probably use DGAF with similar success in finding groups, but that's not the case for most posters. It boggles my mind when people talk about how easy it is to find groups on here. It's totally not. I learned to solo Hard CE just because I'd post and get bored waiting for responses, same with 32/34 PoE. Now I just expect to not find anyone, so I solo those activities and post as I go. Nightfalls are probably the exception to the rule, but I've posted at bosses before and not gotten responses, whereas you literally can't go seconds on LFG without getting a response to a NF post.

On average, I'd say Gaf has better, nicer players. I do think the forum feels a bit more curated, for lack of a better term. But LFG has really nice, good players, as well. I've met tons of great guys and gals from there. The key is learning which groups to go into or which players to accept when posting your own group. My general rule is to avoid anyone who says 'invite ____,' and I ask nicely when I am messaging a group. You can raise your chances of playing with cool people by using just the tiniest amount of judgment and tact.

On the subject of PoE, if you're a decent player (with a Gjallarhorn, since everyone asks for every activity regardless of actual necessity), you can get your PoE done doing just the bosses for every level. It is really common to see people stuck on Skolas, and you will see people stuck throughout the day in 32 and 34, too. It's a lot of fun and really rewarding going in and helping people who have been stuck on something, sometimes for hours, and sometimes it means you are done with your run in 5-15 minutes.

EDIT: I should specify that I am speaking to both LFG.net and .com. I've used both, and they both rule, imo.

NastyBook

These Public Event times are getting stupid again. Just stagger the damn things so we can run em on all our characters and go about our business...

In bed waiting for my doughnuts someone promised.

Last time I went to Krispy Kreme they told me the car driving away got the last type of donut I wanted...

tumblr_n0fhikHm5t1qbr9f9o1_500.gif

9min of classical tucks me in and puts me to sleep lol

My Last Guardian Standing montage will feature: "It's been a long day without you my friend..."

Well, one game less in my backlog, which means... Let's play Destiny. When I cool down a bit after writing an abrasive review.

Looks like I will skip on MGS V: The Phantom Pain and just watch a Longplay. I don't feel like giving money to Konami so that they spend it making pachinko machines. Oh well, more time to invest on The Taken King now that Mighty No. 9 is getting delayed.

Well, one game less in my backlog, which means... Let's play Destiny. When I cool down a bit after writing an abrasive review.

Looks like I will skip on MGS V: The Phantom Pain and just watch a Longplay. I don't feel like giving money to Konami so that they spend it making pachinko machines.

Could always buy it used..

Looks like I will skip on MGS V: The Phantom Pain and just watch a Longplay. I don't feel like giving money to Konami so that they spend it making pachinko machines. Oh well, more time to invest on The Taken King now that Mighty No. 9 is getting delayed.

Regardless of their decisions, it's still a KOJIMA game. Won't skip it for any reason.

Also if you're on an need help with weekly/poe etc, let me know and i'll hop online.

Regardless of their decisions, it's still a KOJIMA game. Won't skip it for any reason.

Also if you're on an need help with weekly/poe etc, let me know and i'll hop online.

Meh, I'd rather watch a longplay. I am terrible at stealth and I would have to play it in very easy, just to enjoy the story (which I am completely lost after skipping peace walker).

I will log in 30-60 minutes, more or less. Are you still playing The Witcher 3?

Meh, I'd rather watch a longplay. I am terrible at stealth and I would have to play it in very easy, just to enjoy the story (which I am completely lost after skipping peace walker).

I will log in 30-60 minutes, more or less. Are you still playing The Witcher 3?

MGS games can be played without stealth, but it's up to you.

Let me know when you're online, I can do Destiny stuff for 1-2 hours at most. No time to play more, busy with trip planning etc.

Podcast is in less than 7 hours.

Actual time is 6 hours and 42 minutes.

Hmm, I think I'll be awake. I should PM my skype details to todd then. Also. need to install skype again...haven't used it in ages. Isn't google hangouts much better for this kind of thing?

The guy jumping away at the end is presumably on his way to get his donuts.

Wicked is british...he's probably going for biscuits, not doughnuts. :p

Top Bottom