• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

That was fantastic. Short, simple and very fun to watch. I don't like 9 minute montages.

It's like any other game/sport/activity. The more invested you are in competitive PvP the more you appreciate small details that keep it interesting. Seeing little things about how he corners and positions for snipes, no-scopes and quick scopes, paces his TLW or switches between ADS and hip fire, switches between secondary and primary, challenges or retreats, etc.

I also appreciate it's Trials so at least other teams are trying relative to pub-stomping 6v6 clusterfuckery in a lot of montages. I love that 45 second clip at the end of Nghtly's montage since I've been in situations like that and I can learn from his movement and decision making. To me that short montage is just a gobbledygook soup of fast edits and effects. I appreciate the editing but there's nothing to learn from that gameplay.

TL;DR: I'm pretentious.

Edit: a wild page top appears...

Edit2: Speaking of pretentious, I call this series "Electric Outline Boogaloo."

CKxiiEcUEAAQAtJ.jpg:large

Cool. So far:

VoG HM

1. GuerrillaGrodd
2. Souldestroyer

Let me know if you need hard oracles checkpoint.

I'd still have to run a PoE for an armor core.

Is it OK to use Etheric Light on the vanguard armor sold at the tower or should I try to get something better?

So you haven't done any 32 poe before?

You can use EL on vanguard armor if it has good stats. Gloves would be a good option, but I wouldn't waste EL on other, especially not boots. You want boots that let you carry extra ammo for heavy weapons.

Ah I just looked and it's 40. Don't want to spend it now for 2 measly lights. One of which I'll probably get as I've one upgrade to go before the final one lol.

Thanks

Bear in mind that getting to each new level is the only thing that really matters, not how much light you have in between levels, if that makes sense. Getting each armor piece to 42 light is really important, anything between 36 to 41 light is essentially the same. So if you don't already have a 42 light helmet I'd definitely upgrade the armor first. Monte Carlo is not great right now. It can wait.

Light beyond nemesis is great for Trials but also good for PvE stuff, especially Hard Mode Crota. It also generates extra Orbs which is great for your teammates.

Edit: and like Narmer said make sure you actually need an exotic shard to fully upgrade the helmet you have.

Let me know if you need hard oracles checkpoint.

So you haven't done any 32 poe before?

You can use EL on vanguard armor if it has good stats. Gloves would be a good option, but I wouldn't waste EL on other, especially not boots. You want boots that let you carry extra ammo for heavy weapons.

Never. Just a 28 three weeks ago.I haven't had a lot of luck with Dragon Strikes or Crucible drops, so for now I am stuck with whatever I can find at the tower. I was looking at the Dead Orbit armor, but mostly for cosmetical look. I had not though before about the ammo increasing skills

Obtained Party Crasher +1 (Solar) from Crucible. Lesson of the day: before doing a slide shotgun, check the ammunition. I was going to say "hasta la vista Baby" when I found I only had one bullet left before sliding and... Well, you can imagine the result.

Namikaze1

Just came across a guy called LordofThunder.

Thanks for the reminder, LordofThunder.

Now to remind a certain someone about a certain post.

Never. Just a 28 three weeks ago.I haven't had a lot of luck with Dragon Strikes or Crucible drops, so for now I am stuck with whatever I can find at the tower. I was looking at the Dead Orbit armor, but mostly for cosmetical look. I had not though before about the ammo increasing skills

Obtained Party Crasher +1 (Solar) from Crucible. Lesson of the day: before doing a slide shotgun, check the ammunition. I was going to say "hasta la vista Baby" when I found I only had one bullet left before sliding and... Well, you can imagine the result.

Haha that's funny, special ammo is top priority for crucible games. If you can't get it, make sure you deny the opponent at least.

I'll be on a in a few mins, will help you with 32 poe.

Anyone else want to join in for 32 poe? No requirements..

Lol I'm busted! Kappa

Hey, at least I go back and add some pictures in true page-top fashion, unlike some folks *cough cough*

I'm saving that page top for a gamescomm edit :p

Namikaze1

I found your alt account, Drizzay!

LordofThunder961
*cross off "of"*
*separate "LordThunder" and "961"*
*separate "Lord" and "Thunder"*
*switch them around*
*separate "9" and "61"*
*change 61 to 16.*

Drizzay is dropping his Thunderlord post on the sixteenth day of the ninth month. Believe!

I'll post my proof soon.

P44

It's like any other game/sport/activity. The more invested you are in competitive PvP the more you appreciate small details that keep it interesting. Seeing little things about how he corners and positions for snipes, no-scopes and quick scopes, paces his TLW or switches between ADS and hip fire, switches between secondary and primary, challenges or retreats, etc.

I also appreciate it's Trials so at least other teams are trying relative to pub-stomping 6v6 clusterfuckery in a lot of montages. I love that 45 second clip at the end of Nghtly's montage since I've been in situations like that and I can learn from his movement and decision making. To me that short montage is just a gobbledygook soup of fast edits and effects. I appreciate the editing but there's nothing to learn from that gameplay.

TL;DR: I'm pretentious.

Edit: a wild page top appears...

Edit2: Speaking of pretentious, I call this series "Electric Outline Boogaloo."

Real talk, I'm watching the montage through on 0.25 speed just to catch the amazing sniping swing this guy has.

I'll be on a in a few mins, will help you with 32 poe.

Can't at the moment...

I'm feeling like shit right now. I got a Destiny Invite from a FB contact and I Immediately ran to switch off the console, hoping It would look as if I had just finished the session. That contact is not doing well right now due to the death of a family member, and I have been avoiding her since I deal badly with these situations and I tend to always say the wrong things.

So here I am lying low, and offline waiting for time to pass because of my cowardice.

Namikaze1

I found your alt account, Drizzay!

LordofThunder961
*cross off "of"*
*separate "LordThunder" and "961"*
*separate "Lord" and "Thunder"*
*switch them around*
*separate "9" and "61"*
*change 61 to 16.*

Drizzay is dropping his Thunderlord post on the sixteenth day of the ninth month. Believe!

I'll post my proof soon.
Here's Drizzay's alt:
CKxo7O-UAAA1Ipr.jpg

Can't fool me, Drizzay! I figured it all out! I'll be waiting for the post on September 16.

:p

SgtCobra

Looks like i picked the wrong bounty lol.
Meh depends of what kinda playstyle you have. It was my main gun before the handcannons started dominating the Crucible. Once the patch hits I may try to pick it up again. I actually prefer the gun over the Red Death, its recoil is much more manageable and it works better on moving targets from my experience.

Top Bottom