• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Bought one chest engram hoping for Alpha Lupi for my hunter as I don't have it yet.

Alpha Lupi drops with +169 STR :eek:

Then I get a Rahool package and I get the Thunderdevul shader which I've wanted for ages! :D

Massive thanks to rubenov and wicked! Thanks for getting me to Mercury for the first time ever. We had one card 5-0 when my router decided to play up and kicked me mid match against some PlayStation redditors. Which rubenov and wicked still won (not that my contribution would have been much).

So we started from scratch again and went 9-0. I thought I was half decent at PVP but playing with those guys just showed me how big the difference is between top players and those who are anywhere from average to above. They gave me some good advice and feedback on what decisions to make. Brilliant experience playing with them.

In terms of loot I got a solar messenger and a suros (shard). So very chuffed.

Thanks again rubenov and wicked!

EL CUCO

Finally got a damn Pulse Rifle to drop for me in the PoE 28, KAU8 Constellation Scar. It feels pretty good. Not super high impact, but not single digit. 33 criticals without Headseeker bonus.
vr9HrQY.jpg

mcfrank

The rare times I do the weekly with randoms rather than my friends make me very happy with Bungie decision to not have match making for raids. Holy hell, randoms are bad. Neither of them even using void weapons.

MrDaravon

Okay, so I've gotten all my characters to 32 and have full purple weapon sets and starting to get exotics here and there. I did PoE 28 since it has matchmaking and I was told you get exotics your first time, across all 3 characters I got a Universal Remote, Dragon's Breath and a Truth -_-. Aside from that though, is there a post up anywhere regarding what kind of stats + perks you want for each weapon type? Starting to get to the point where I'm getting legendaries on a fairly regular basis, and I'm often having a hard time telling if I should scrap this handcannon for the one I just found etc. Looking around I think I have kind of a general idea of what perks are desired, but I've never been super clear on how much some things like Impact really matter. I figured there would be something on reddit for this, but the ones I found there were specifically PvP focused which is fine, but I'm looking mostly for PvE setups. Unless there's not really any difference?

Also since I'm obviously new to endgame stuff, do you only get the rewards for PoE 32/34/35 once per week? It looks like only the 28 has matchmaking so that's the only one I've done (I'm not sure I'm really even geared properly for 32 even if I had a group). But I've seen people saying they're looking to clear PoE XX, so I wasn't entirely clear on how that worked. I can see obviously the better rewards for higher levels, and I get that the setup changes weekly, but I wasn't clear on the rewards aspect of it.

I finally got a mic so I can play with people here and maybe finally attempt a Raid, but I'm horribly sick right now :(. If the newbie Raid is happening next week I'm hoping to get in there though.

EL CUCO

Well sure, if you can get the Messenger, then go for it. The HP is ... well technically it's easier to get. Although I might be pushing 75 Dragon strikes now.
Same here. Haven't even seen it drop. Spent the last couple days doing nothing but those strikes and now I'm feeling a bit burnt-out lol

Yay Guardian Lord get!

My last trophy was actually to fully level an exotic weapon lol. The trophy is broken post HoW and now only the Vex will unlock it. Thankfully i got it a week ago at VoG.

ethomaz

Banned
Nami the timekeeper :p

Step 1. Equip pulse rifle.
Step 2. Kill them dead, Guardian.
Step 3. PROFIT

:)

I will defer to Phaethon or anyone who already has a Hypescotch (or 3) for that answer.
You described any HC :p

I have the Hypescotch... I will reroll it to get better perks... so I want to know the best perks.

Aside from that though, is there a post up anywhere regarding what kind of stats + perks you want for each weapon type? Starting to get to the point where I'm getting legendaries on a fairly regular basis, and I'm often having a hard time telling if I should scrap this handcannon for the one I just found etc. Looking around I think I have kind of a general idea of what perks are desired, but I've never been super clear on how much some things like Impact really matter. I figured there would be something on reddit for this, but the ones I found there were specifically PvP focused which is fine, but I'm looking mostly for PvE setups. Unless there's not really any difference?

Also since I'm obviously new to endgame stuff, do you only get the rewards for PoE 32/34/35 once per week? It looks like only the 28 has matchmaking so that's the only one I've done (I'm not sure I'm really even geared properly for 32 even if I had a group). But I've seen people saying they're looking to clear PoE XX, so I wasn't entirely clear on how that worked. I can see obviously the better rewards for higher levels, and I get that the setup changes weekly, but I wasn't clear on the rewards aspect of it.

I finally got a mic so I can play with people here and maybe finally attempt a Raid, but I'm horribly sick right now :(. If the newbie Raid is happening next week I'm hoping to get in there though.

As for the guns, I am pretty much alone in this, but I think it's much simpler to save your materials and focus on the unique, end game weapons (VoG, Crota, PoE, Queen's, Trials). You will end up with the best gear without having to get bogged down in the minutiae of what perks benefit mediocre, interchangeable legendaries, then.

On that point, I'd be happy to help you raid, and many here would say the same. With Crota, you can learn and get through it in way under an hour with literally one other decent player, and I ran a couple VoGs with newbies this week that were a blast. If you want to experience it as a first timer in a group of first timers, you'd have to wait for a group catering to that, though.

As for PoE, the 32,34,35 versions give those rewards once per week, though the chest will always provide a Queen's weapon (provided you have a treasure key). 28 PoE has no weekly rewards because it's treated like a strike that you can replay all you want.

Okay, so I've gotten all my characters to 32 and have full purple weapon sets and starting to get exotics here and there. I did PoE 28 since it has matchmaking and I was told you get exotics your first time, across all 3 characters I got a Universal Remote, Dragon's Breath and a Truth -_-. Aside from that though, is there a post up anywhere regarding what kind of stats + perks you want for each weapon type? Starting to get to the point where I'm getting legendaries on a fairly regular basis, and I'm often having a hard time telling if I should scrap this handcannon for the one I just found etc. Looking around I think I have kind of a general idea of what perks are desired, but I've never been super clear on how much some things like Impact really matter. I figured there would be something on reddit for this, but the ones I found there were specifically PvP focused which is fine, but I'm looking mostly for PvE setups. Unless there's not really any difference?

For weapons in PvE right now only Auto Rifles and Fusion Rifles are really somewhat underpowered, as for the rest just use what you find most enjoyable and/or effective. Typically a legendary handcannon like a red hand IX or something with similar stats is a good baseline. Burns on weapons only really come into play in nightfalls and to a lesser extent shielded enemies.

If you are level 32 you can run nearly all end game PvE activities. PoE 32 should be fine with a bit of coordination.

MrDaravon

As for the guns, I am pretty much alone in this, but I think it's much simpler to save your materials and focus on the unique, end game weapons (VoG, Crota, PoE, Queen's, Trials). You will end up with the best gear without having to get bogged down in the minutiae of what perks benefit mediocre, interchangeable legendaries, then.

On that point, I'd be happy to help you raid, and many here would say the same. With Crota, you can learn and get through it in way under an hour with literally one other decent player, and I ran a couple VoGs with newbies this week that were a blast. If you want to experience it as a first timer in a group of first timers, you'd have to wait for a group catering to that, though.

As for PoE, the 32,34,35 versions give those rewards once per week, though the chest will always provide a Queen's weapon (provided you have a treasure key). 28 PoE has no weekly rewards because it's treated like a strike that you can replay all you want.

Yeah, I agree with not getting hung up on default/standard purple weapons, but that's all I've got right now, so I keep getting afraid I'm scrapping stuff I shouldn't be :p. Generally if I get something that's better than what I have of that type right now I roll it until at least one of the two perks is something I want, but not getting crazy re-rolling much of anything right now.

I'm not at all concerned with going in blind on the Raids or anything, I don't mind being carried or told what to do through them or anything like that. I'd honestly hit folks up this weekend but I'm sick as a dog right now, don't really have it in me. Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling better. The one friend I have that I play with on PS4 keeps telling me I need to do VoG ASAP since you can get some of the best guns from that. Literally the only exotic weapons I have across all my characters are two Patience and Times, Plan C, Invective, Bad Juju and then the Universal Remote/Truth/Dragon's Breath I got today from the first time PoE rewards. I'm on the the void kill part of the Thorn bounty but it's on my Hunter and since I have no Void primary weapons I'm not even fucking attempting that right now (I don't care much for the PvP already). Also on the fusion rifle kills part of the Pocket Infinity quest.

On PoE does the 28 Queen's chest have different potential drops then the higher levels, or does it not matter? Because I was playing this for a while without having any of the DLC (just got it two weeks ago) I've already got 5 keys in storage, then all of my characters have 1-3 keys on them, so that's going to become an issue soonish.

Anyone up for Trials? I've been to Lighthouse, but I'm playing pretty casual today. Mostly just going for armor.

PSN - rolyreyes

Edit: Full. Going in with Teasing_Pink and Ballis.

Top Bottom