• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Definity

A hopscotch pilgrim finally dropped!

...for someone else on the fireteam

Edit:
Top of the page question. What subclass you leveling up first in TTK?
Nightstalker for me. Shadestep Evade, bow and those grenades/melee are going to be awesome.

Edit:
Nightstalker for me. Shadestep Evade, bow and those grenades are going to be awesome.

I need them all! I haven't decided which yet. Most likely my warlock

Oh wait, I'll probably end up doing each since it'll be doing everything 3x (new missions, nightfall, etc).

Yeah, I agree with not getting hung up on default/standard purple weapons, but that's all I've got right now, so I keep getting afraid I'm scrapping stuff I shouldn't be :p. Generally if I get something that's better than what I have of that type right now I roll it until at least one of the two perks is something I want, but not getting crazy re-rolling much of anything right now.

I'm not at all concerned with going in blind on the Raids or anything, I don't mind being carried or told what to do through them or anything like that. I'd honestly hit folks up this weekend but I'm sick as a dog right now, don't really have it in me. Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling better. The one friend I have that I play with on PS4 keeps telling me I need to do VoG ASAP since you can get some of the best guns from that. Literally the only exotic weapons I have across all my characters are two Patience and Times, Plan C, Invective, Bad Juju and then the Universal Remote/Truth/Dragon's Breath I got today from the first time PoE rewards. I'm on the the void kill part of the Thorn bounty but it's on my Hunter and since I have no Void primary weapons I'm not even fucking attempting that right now (I don't care much for the PvP already). Also on the fusion rifle kills part of the Pocket Infinity quest.

On PoE does the 28 Queen's chest have different potential drops then the higher levels, or does it not matter? Because I was playing this for a while without having any of the DLC (just got it two weeks ago) I've already got 5 keys in storage, then all of my characters have 1-3 keys on them, so that's going to become an issue soonish.

I hear you, I just mean you are a high enough level to run raids, so (unless you are extremely, extremely unlucky) you should be getting some of the end game gear soon enough. That gear will be as good as it gets without any rerolls (it's especially cool getting your first elemental primaries).

As for the Queen's chest, I believe the level 35 has a shader the first time you open it, and it has a ship thereafter. The rest is the same, so it's not worth saving keys to use on higher levels, imo.

ethomaz

Banned
You'll want Braced Frame for max stability and Hidden Hand is good too I think.
Yeap... that is what I'm thinking too but I have some doubts yet.

Perk 1: Third Eye, Outlaw or Feeding Fenzy
Perk 2: Hand-laid Stock, Braced Frame or Smallbore
Perk 3: Hidden Hand

Hand-laid Stock give me max stability but less range (35?)
Braced Frame give me max stability but less magazine size (?)
Smallbore give me near max stability (95), more range (55?) but less magazine size (?)

I'm really in doubt about Braced Frame or Smallbore.

About the first perk it is really between Third Eye or Outlaw.

Let's see what I can get :D

Yeap... that is what I'm thinking too but I have some doubts yet.

Perk 1: Third Eye, Outlaw or Feeding Fenzy
Perk 2: Hand-laid Stock, Braced Frame or Smallbore
Perk 3: Hidden Hand

Hand-laid Stock give me max stability but less range (35?)
Braced Frame give me max stability but less magazine size (?)
Smallbore give me near max stability (95), more range (55?) but less magazine size (?)

I'm really in doubt about Braced Frame or Smallbore.

About the first perk it is really between Third Eye or Outlaw.

Let's see what I can get :D

braced frame drops the mag size to 24. Not a big deal. With max stability, it's really easy to two burst. I rolled Third Eye and Counter Balance (would have preferred hidden hand but only so many motes for rerolls) and the gun is just a hammer. Once Thorn is nerfed, this gun is going to be unstoppable.

Are we supposed to have gotten our email address swag? I didn't. :(
Wasn't on the 30th when we were supposed to receive the first "payment"?

Just wondering if with this they will raise Xur's prices to keep the economy intact. I did not catch if this was one to be a one time only thing or we are supposed to receive stuff from time to time.

Just wondering if with this they will raise Xur's prices to keep the economy intact. I did not catch if this was one to be a one time only thing or we are supposed to receive stuff from time to time.
There is no economy because there is no trading. I have near 500 coins, it doesn't matter.

Hey, to all the Guardian lords out there, is there a good video or written strategy for flawless on Crota? I have a (fairly casual) clan who has slowly chipped away at everything together and now only have flawless left and crota hard mode before "100%" the PvE portion of year one Destiny, but flawless is giving us a little trouble at the end of the bridge (when the wizard and trolls show up) and the Death Singer fight. Any tips would be really appreciated^^

ethomaz

Banned
braced frame drops the mag size to 24. Not a big deal. With max stability, it's really easy to two burst. I rolled Third Eye and Counter Balance (would have preferred hidden hand but only so many motes for rerolls) and the gun is just a hammer. Once Thorn is nerfed, this gun is going to be unstoppable.
Yeap I will go with Braced Frame.

My best roll will be:

Red Dot OAS / ORES
Third Eye
Braced Frame
Hidden Hand / Rangefinder

I'm not sure which is best Hidden Hand or Rangefinder.

If you're talking about the 9 strange coins I think they went out yesterday. I got 9 at the post master when I logged in.

I personally don't think they will raise anything on Xur. Haven't since launch and yah they give us freebies from time to time. For me at least, he hasn't sold anything worthwhile in months... Those 9 coins just went to my pile of 600 or so in my vault.

Yeap I will go with Braced Frame.

My best roll will be:

Red Dot OAS / ORES
Third Eye
Braced Frame
Hidden Hand / Rangefinder

I'm not sure which is best Hidden Hand or Rangefinder.
I'm not sure how much impact hidden hand has but the gun's only two minor flaws are range and rate of fire. Rangefinder might end up being a better perk.

So I have a question; my warlock hasn't unlocked PoE yet, but has completed PoE 28. Can I join a fireteam and do PoE32 and if so, can I get an armor core with her?

Ryck

Is there a way to look up how many Dragon strikes i've done in the last few weeks? Im guessing I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred.

I've only seen one drop at all in all that time. -_-

Kyoufu

Okay, I'm getting tired of having level 10s in my team when I'm trying to farm Clash wins.

Why can't they just stick to Control. :(

Frenden

Banned

Edit:
Nightstalker for me. Shadestep Evade, bow and those grenades/melee are going to be awesome.

Nighstalker. Hunter is my favorite class, so having a PvE option sounds super nice.

Pat_DC

Just read through the weapon vendors Bungie update. Interesting designs but do we know how they will work? I'm wondering if will we have to grind rep for each individual foundry before we can buy anything?
Or am I misunderstanding that there will be vendors for each manufacturer and this are simply new guns that will drop randomly as before.

Also hope the stats on this are good as it looks too cool not to be using:
mark-van-haitsma-jade-rabbit-exclusive-content.jpg

ryseing

Hey y'all. On the last stage of my Thorn Bounty and the special Summoning Pits is a bitch. Would really appreciate some help, and would gladly help you out with anything in return. PSN is bmc811.

lt519

Hey y'all. On the last stage of my Thorn Bounty and the special Summoning Pits is a bitch. Would really appreciate some help, and would gladly help you out with anything in return. PSN is bmc811.

We've got two to help if you want while we're waiting for someone in PoE 35, psn rarbusto

Top Bottom