• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

T

I heard you are leaving for a few weeks to do gamescon, where will I get my checkpoints from now!

Hope you have fun man, make sure to take a bunch of photos :D

Sure am, will be back in just over a month. Meeting up with nooblet, EJRobinson, Gala vita, TearsofBlood and maybe some more DGAFers.

Thanks, will try and get as much info as we can.

LTWood12

Damn, where are you that it's that hot...it's been 90+ in jersey for about a week.

I'll probably give it another shot at some point, way too much to catch up to at the moment though.

I really used to enjoy hell divers when it was released though :D
Central Arkansas
Q1pat9T.jpg

Dear NeoGAF,

Looking for MLG Pro, 360 no scopes, all around awesome dude for Trials. Must have Thorn, last round Spear, and been to lighthouse at least three times each week since the drop of HoW. No exceptions!

J/K

Just venting a little bit...

I've noticed in the past that I tend to get legendary drops of the kind of weapon I've been using the most. For a while it was scout rifles, than snipers, and now I get lots of hand cannons (all corresponding with what I use mainly). Has anyone else noticed this?

Think it would be worth it to use Red Death while trying to grind out a Hopscotch Pilgrim? I really don't like how little damage they do per shot/burst, but I've played way too many games without getting it and I'm not even getting rare pulse rifles at this point.

belmakor

I've noticed in the past that I tend to get legendary drops of the kind of weapon I've been using the most. For a while it was scout rifles, than snipers, and now I get lots of hand cannons (all corresponding with what I use mainly). Has anyone else noticed this?

Think it would be worth it to use Red Death while trying to grind out a Hopscotch Pilgrim? I really don't like how little damage they do per shot/burst, but I've played way too many games without getting it and I'm not even getting rare pulse rifles at this point.

Pretty sure your mind (or the RNGod) is playing tricks on you. I use scout rifles and hand cannons all the time and all that ever drops for me is pulse rifles.

RemiLP

So i just played the old N64 Zelda game on wiiU. And man it really highlighted what a bad job bungie has done with the boss encounters...

There is a shitload of bosses in that game, and pretty much all of them has some unique mechanics that u have to figure out to beat it. Both in the way you attack it and defend against it.

In Destiny? Same bulletsponges over and over again. I know bungie simplified the game in order to reach as broad an audience as possible, but cmon, the boss design is just lazy...

noomi

Hah... Maybe :p

I was in an Atheon group once with a random guy who would in the middle of the Atheon fight would swap to green armor/weapons because he swore it increased the chances of a Vex dropping for him.

We never beat Atheon that day, and that was actually the only time I have ever gotten into a verbal argument with a player in Destiny.

The guy kept calling us retarded for not being able to kill Atheon.

I didn't like that guy....

So i just played the old N64 Zelda game on wiiU. And man it really highlighted what a bad job bungie has done with the boss encounters...

There is a shitload of bosses in that game, and pretty much all of them has some unique mechanics that u have to figure out to beat it. Both in the way you attack it and defend against it.

In Destiny? Same bulletsponges over and over again. I know bungie simplified the game in order to reach as broad an audience as possible, but cmon, the boss design is just lazy...

Agree. Except for maybe the raids. But that's 2 bosses out of dozens.

Hah... Maybe :p

I was in an Atheon group once with a random guy who would in the middle of the Atheon fight would swap to green armor/weapons because he swore it increased the chances of a Vex dropping for him.

We never beat Atheon that day, and that was actually the only time I have ever gotten into a verbal argument with a player in Destiny.

The guy kept calling us retarded for not being able to kill Atheon.

I didn't like that guy....

What a tool. Everyone knows the chances of mythoclasts dropping increases if everyone is using white weapons, not green.

Was checking out my groimoire cards, and saw that i didn't have the card for playing doubles. Did not see that gamemode at crucible. Is it gone or do you have to wait for you can play this game mode?

This makes me feel better about myself in trials. It does seem that nearly every team I go up against is quite tough. Makes me even more proud that I was able to get 6 wins with guys I never played trials with before and when it was one of the guys first time playing trials. Zoso Achilles was our fearless leader and he had quite a few clutch kills, but overall I'd say it was a team effort to get as far as we did.

Also, screw final rounders. I think twice we went up against a team of all final rounders, lost to the first group by beat the second.

Yea from my first real trials and what people have said, the comp is fairly hard. It's a nice motivation to get better :p

That was such a weird run. 7-0 to start off with fairly good competition and then we lost 3 in a row with some lucky bs going the other teams way.

Still first run with you and Sentinal so 7-3 aint too shabby. Thanks for runs guys.

That was fun. A couple times I pushed without saying I was or we'd use a super without calling it out. But other than that it was a great run especially for our first ticket and time playing together.

Karl2177

Was checking out my groimoire cards, and saw that i didn't have the card for playing doubles. Did not see that gamemode at crucible. Is it gone or do you have to wait for you can play this game mode?
It's a rotating playlist. Last time it came up, the card was glitched and wouldn't drop at all. I'm hoping it's fixed the next time it comes around.

Destiny is just way more fun with other people. If anyone wants to add me my ID is xx_BATMANx (Sony, let us change our names!) I just got the two DLC packs a few days ago. I'm level 32 And know nothing outside of PoE lvl 32 and VoG that I used to beat no problem back when the game first came out (I haven't played in months.)

I'm not the guy to call if you want to go 9-0 in ToO or do a 35 PoE. But if you just want more Destiny players on your friends list who are always up for anything give me an add. And if any of you like showing new guys the ropes, well all the better.

RemiLP

Agree. Except for maybe the raids. But that's 2 bosses out of dozens.

Yeah, the raids are good. But the strikes are copy paste work. Good boss design would have solved the "must have gh", and ib camping problem. Thats a result of poor encounters. Nerfing it wont really change anything.

Korosenai

Hahaha I'd always be down for that.
Maybe later we can :p

I've just been playing rumble a lot this weekend. Just got my third sum of all tears since Friday. I know I need to help some people out in trials but I haven't really felt like it... Though I'll try to help some people out tonight and tomorrow!

phen0m24

I've just been playing rumble a lot this weekend. Just got my third sum of all tears since Friday. I know I need to help some people out in trials but I haven't really felt like it... Though I'll try to help some people out tonight and tomorrow!
X and I are stress free. we're just nuts :p

Axoman

Sensei Koro,please teach me your secrets!

I'll send you a message about trials availability, if it doesn't work out, no biggie.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thanks to Drizzay and Wicked for the run to Mercury! First time Mercury! Yay!!!! Thanks for Rubenov for setting it up! =)

Top Bottom