• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Trakan

It's just because people are going crazy over this hopscotch pilgrim which really is no better than the messenger.

You can definitely settle and get the job done with a Messenger, but the Pilgrim has better aim assist, equip speed, base stability, and a bigger clip. You can also re-roll it for whatever perks you want.

It's better.

OkayRene

Rene! You're back! Been a ROUGH trials weekend without yah brother. No gold and no Mercury yet :(

Yeah man, I just got back. I'll be around today for Trials if you wanna try again

EDIT: Also, I second the Chromecast reco. Pushing YouTube, Netflix, or Twitch to your TV is magical. AppleTV works fine for this, too, but Chromecast has this awesome HDMI-CEC (if your TV supports it) feature that can power on your TV and switch to the right input source, even if you try to Chromecast while it's off.

u7dvY4V.gif
I have both hopscotch and messenger. Nothing about hopscotch is so much better that you'll see some massive performance improvement. But hype gonna hype.

My partner and I are finally interested in tackling the raids, having trouble finding anyone to help on the LFG sites.

I did complete my first raid, yesterday hard VoG, and it was fun.

If anyone is gay friendly, wants to show us the ropes of VoG normal or Crotas/hard, please add me on PS4:

Pacificsun0481

We are on now, would love to attack VoG vanilla or Crota, today - it's hard to get him back into the game.

Come on GAF, help me out ^_^

EL CUCO

M3Rocket

Anyone here have an Amazon Firestick or Chromecast? Is there something anyone here highly recommends for that sort of thing?

Have a Chromecast. The only thing I hate about it is the Twitch flakiness. The Chrome plugin is beta, and there is no native app for twitch. I've had nothing but problems trying to get it to work properly so you can chromecast a Twitch stream.

btkadams

Just got patience and time from a random crucible match where I was in last place on the losing team lol...

Is it useful? I feel like I could use the camouflage in the Crota raid (I'm a warlock).

Thanks guys! Went with Outlaw, Braced Frame, and Headseeker.

Headseeker is really heart breaking on this gun. It only increases damage on the same burst, so with the stability you're usually getting all body shots or all headshots.

I have both hopscotch and messenger. Nothing about hopscotch is so much better that you'll see some massive performance improvement. But hype gonna hype.

Hidden Hand and a fast reload perk are enough to outclass that gun, you'll be able to pull off shots it simply cannot.

My partner and I are finally interested in tackling the raids...Come on GAF, help me out ^_^

With it being the weekend, you might find that a lot of ppl are running Trials. I'm about to head out right now otherwise if volunteer. Raiding is just so much fun. Hopefully some nice gaffers have a bit of free time to help out soon.

My partner and I are finally interested in tackling the raids, having trouble finding anyone to help on the LFG sites.

I did complete my first raid, yesterday hard VoG, and it was fun.

If anyone is gay friendly, wants to show us the ropes of VoG normal or Crotas/hard, please add me on PS4:

Pacificsun0481

We are on now, would love to attack VoG vanilla or Crota, today - it's hard to get him back into the game.

Come on GAF, help me out ^_^
I'm in. I'll be available in about 20 minutes. I'm a VoG veteran but have never done Crota (but would love to learn.) lvl 33 defender Titan.

PSN xx_BATMANx if you're interested.

Headseeker is really heart breaking on this gun. It only increases damage on the same burst, so with the stability you're usually getting all body shots or all headshots.

Hidden Hand and a fast reload perk are enough to outclass that gun, you'll be able to pull off shots it simply cannot.
See a couple posts up about hidden hand. Though faster reload is nice.

ocean

Banned
How much HoJ rep does a Skolas run give? Basically, what's the most efficient way to hit Rank 3?
I'm not sure what the numbers are but if it's like the Elder Cipher points then farming PoE 35 is the fastest way.

However, I don't know if PoE 35 will give rep each time you run it or if it's like Nightfalls which only pay rep once per reset.

I was just looking at the Planet Destiny page for the Pilgrim again and it looks like it maxes out Aim Assist at 55, and it's already got 50 base. Hidden Hand may be wasted. Rangefinder might be the best perk for a flat 20% increase in range.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3478790848
My personal opinion is braced frame and Rangefinder are the best 2nd and 3rd perks for the Pilgrim. I have braced frame and it's crazy - the gun doesn't move when you pull the trigger. I don't have Rangefinder but the gun could use a range boost. I may reroll...

My personal opinion is braced frame and Rangefinder are the best 2nd and 3rd perks for the Pilgrim. I have braced frame and it's crazy - the gun doesn't move when you pull the trigger. I don't have Rangefinder but the gun could use a range boost. I may reroll...
I've got small bore and rangefinder. Small bore boosts range and stability to the same level (or within 1 point) as the messenger, and takes magazine from 30 to 27.

I was just looking at the Planet Destiny page for the Pilgrim again and it looks like it maxes out Aim Assist at 55, and it's already got 50 base. Hidden Hand may be wasted. Rangefinder might be the best perk for a flat 20% increase in range.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3478790848

See a couple posts up about hidden hand. Though faster reload is nice.

I have two identical rolls, one with and without Hidden Hand, and I can definitely notice a difference. Kind of like how the stability affects shots more than I feel it should when switching sights from Sureshot to Truesight. I personally think with some of the stats in this game percentage can be deceptive. Sorta like how TLW can out snipe a Hawkmoon. That said, a 10% increase isn't negligible.

Reactive Reload is pretty intense as well though. 51 on a headshot burst. Also if you want to keep ammo reserves Secret Round is also good. The only truly wasted perks I feel would be Headseeker and Counterbalance.

Top Bottom