• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

neoism

Dear NeoGAF,

Looking for MLG Pro, 360 no scopes, all around awesome dude for Trials. Must have Thorn, last round Spear, and been to lighthouse at least three times each week since the drop of HoW. No exceptions!

J/K

Just venting a little bit...

i feel you man Ive pretty much given up on mercury... :( unstable and his homies are too popular and im too unlucky... my best since trails opened is 5-3.....
:/
its funny to Im almost always at least 75% in the top three on my team when I play with skrundoms.. and CAs i usually get 20-30 kills a game, but gaf is too good a this geem.
after the Nf being locked for me and that fucking pure shittiness of xur...took 6 days off lol.
playin strikes for the pilgrim i'll never get now

noomi

IM BACK!! Never flying again though, I think todays flight took off 10 years off of my life span, I can't handle that shit.

What's the best roll for hopscotch?

My post from earlier :) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=173024177

God Roll IMO:

- Red Dot Sight (this should be preference)
- Third Eye/Outlaw/Feeding Frenzy
- Braced Frame (doesn't reduce range like Hand Laid Stock)
- Hidden Hand

Mine has red dot ores, third eye, braced frame, hidden hand. It's an absolute beast, paired with fast reload pulse rifle gloves and snapshot with blade dancer....shhhhheeeeiiiiit

I should also mention that hopscotch isn't great on all maps, I still prefer TLW or Hawkmoon on certain maps.

Anastasis

Please I've been at it for 3 hours I can't anymore help anyone
I have a headache my GF is giving me dirty looks please anyone ?

Can't help, I'm on PS4. Just keep getting Phogoth's health down until a ship spawns with the special yellow bar wizard in question.

Edit: and then kill said wizard.

phen0m24

Please I've been at it for 3 hours I can't anymore help anyone
I have a headache my GF is giving me dirty looks please anyone ?

Liquid: (are you trying to solo it?)

1) Keep killing adds
2) Hit Phogoth - get him below 50% and keep plinking away at him - but DON'T KILL HIM
3) Once Xyor makes her appearance LIGHT HER UP
4) PROFIT (Thorn)

Namikaze1

IM BACK!! Never flying again though, I think todays flight took off 10 years off of my life span, I can't handle that shit.
At least you didn't jump out of one. I don't know how many years that took off of my life span. I just know I'm never doing it again.

ll_J0N_ll

Ok saw this thread come up in my Borderlands search. I'm a new Gaf member from NZ but would be keen to team up with anyone running raids on PS4. I have a 32 Warlock 29 Hunter and a 2 Titan if anyone wants to start a new toon.

I have done VoG 1.5 times and Crota 0.5 times (friend bailed), have not done POE and need to finish Skolas story to unlock.

My PvP is rubbish tho, don't even.

PSN: ll_J-0-N_ll

I can flick an FR out to anyone keen. Cheers.

Have a Chromecast. The only thing I hate about it is the Twitch flakiness. The Chrome plugin is beta, and there is no native app for twitch. I've had nothing but problems trying to get it to work properly so you can chromecast a Twitch stream.

Are you on android? I haven't had any problems casting from the twitch app on my iphone, but I don't do it often.

My post from earlier :) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=173024177

God Roll IMO:

- Red Dot Sight (this should be preference)
- Third Eye/Outlaw/Feeding Frenzy
- Braced Frame (doesn't reduce range like Hand Laid Stock)
- Hidden Hand

Mine has red dot ores, third eye, braced frame, hidden hand. It's an absolute beast, paired with fast reload pulse rifle gloves and snapshot with blade dancer....shhhhheeeeiiiiit

I should also mention that hopscotch isn't great on all maps, I still prefer TLW or Hawkmoon on certain maps.
I'm glad you are back safe and thanks for the post. I will hopefully roll for something like this if it drops for me soon :(

Mindlog

You know it has been a while. Might not be a bad time to get a first timers Lighthouse list going again. There are quite a few carry teams always looking for fresh meat. Why not provide the freshest?

SheHateMe

You know it has been a while. Might not be a bad time to get a first timers Lighthouse list going again. There are quite a few carry teams always looking for fresh meat. Why not provide the freshest?

First time for everything, I suppose.

EDIT: As in, it'll be my first time doing Trials.

Liamc723

You could add me to that list once I hit 34, which will hopefully be by the end of next week.

noomi

At least you didn't jump out of one. I don't know how many years that took off of my life span. I just know I'm never doing it again.

Hah I remember that post a few OT's ago... Wasn't it your GF that talked you into it? I would NEVER do that....ever lol

I'm glad you are back safe and thanks for the post. I will hopefully roll for something like this if it drops for me soon :(

Thanks :) Good luck and good loot to you, hope it drops quickly!

border

Which Scout Rifle(s) currently have the best Impact in the game?

I'd like to pick one up and see if I can roll a Firefly perk on it, since it sounds like Fatebringer will get hit with the class-wide hand cannon nerf.

Namikaze1

Hah I remember that post a few OT's ago... Wasn't it your GF that talked you into it? I would NEVER do that....ever lol
It wasn't just her. It was everyone in my circle of friends AND my family that talked me into it.

Why do I get the guy who solely uses Eidolon Ally in the Weekly and just dies constantly?

What did I do?
You kept making fun of my Necrochasm (and still do). You deserve it.

I'd like to pick one up and see if I can roll a Firefly perk on it, since it sounds like Fatebringer will get hit with the class-wide hand cannon nerf.

I have a Badger with Firefly. It wrecks. Highest impact in game with Gheleon's I believe. There might be one more that matches it now.

Arrrammis

Best impact is the badger CCL / Ghaleons demise/ Scholar.
You can't reroll the scholar though, so really the Badger or Ghaleons is what you're looking for. Nor sure where to find the badger nowadays(possible the vanilla strike playlists?) but Ghaleons is from the Iron Banner.

MrDaravon

Newbie question: is there any point to doing the normal versions of the two Raids if you're high enough to do them on Hard? Reward-wise I mean. I'm looking to finally enlist GAF's help to do Raids for the first time, so no idea. All of my characters are 32 so VoG Hard is a non-issue, Crota Hard appears to be 33 so that's dicier unless I get carried which is fine but I'm not specifically looking for that at the moment. Mostly just want to know so I know what to ask for if I'm trying to enlist help either here or on LFG (which I've never used). Want to at least taste some of the endgame content, but I only have one friend on PS4, and he's usually on at very different times then me so I've gotten here mostly solo.

Newbie question: is there any point to doing the normal versions of the two Raids if you're high enough to do them on Hard? Reward-wise I mean. I'm looking to finally enlist GAF's help to do Raids for the first time, so no idea. All of my characters are 32 so VoG Hard is a non-issue, Crota Hard appears to be 33 so that's dicier unless I get carried which is fine but I'm not specifically looking for that at the moment.
Different drops between Normal and Hard.

You can check what drops in what here: http://www.vogloot.com/

Arrrammis

Newbie question: is there any point to doing the normal versions of the two Raids if you're high enough to do them on Hard? Reward-wise I mean. I'm looking to finally enlist GAF's help to do Raids for the first time, so no idea. All of my characters are 32 so VoG Hard is a non-issue, Crota Hard appears to be 33 so that's dicier unless I get carried which is fine but I'm not specifically looking for that at the moment.
Not really for VoG, but in CE the secondary and heavy weapons only drop on normal mode, and the primaries only drop on hard mode.

Mindlog

In Crota's End the drops are different. Hard mode will only drop primary weapons and Normal will only drop special and heavy weapons. Loot table.

VoG there is technically a chance to get two exotics from the Gorgon chest, but that is so rare that I pretty much never bother with that and just do hard.

I would do normal VoG once to unlock hard for your character, but after that, I wouldn't touch normal VoG again.

For CE, you are best off running Crota only on normal and the full raid on hard afterward (running hard before nullifies your normal drop chance on the Crota cp).

ocean

Banned

Badger CCL is no longer available in game I think unless you wanna grind ROC Strikes for life until you get lucky with a drop :p

The currently obtainable high impact scouts are from Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris (Ghaleon's Demise and The Scholar). However, The Scholar isn't re-rollable and neither are TDB weapons.

Your only chance here is grinding Iron Banner.

MrDaravon

In Crota's End the drops are different. Hard mode will only drop primary weapons and Normal will only drop special and heavy weapons. Loot table.

VoG there is technically a chance to get two exotics from the Gorgon chest, but that is so rare that I pretty much never bother with that and just do hard.

I would do normal VoG once to unlock hard for your character, but after that, I wouldn't touch normal VoG again.

For CE, you are best off running Crota only on normal and the full raid on hard afterward (running hard before nullifies your normal drop chance on the Crota cp).

Thanks for the responses! I didn't realize that I needed to do VoG on Normal to unlock Hard, which makes sense but means I'll probably wait until another newbie Raid gets organized on here for that since I'm in no big rush and don't want to have multiple people run through Normal just to get Hard unlocked for me :p.

ocean

Banned
Newbie question: is there any point to doing the normal versions of the two Raids if you're high enough to do them on Hard? Reward-wise I mean. I'm looking to finally enlist GAF's help to do Raids for the first time, so no idea. All of my characters are 32 so VoG Hard is a non-issue, Crota Hard appears to be 33 so that's dicier unless I get carried which is fine but I'm not specifically looking for that at the moment. Mostly just want to know so I know what to ask for if I'm trying to enlist help either here or on LFG (which I've never used). Want to at least taste some of the endgame content, but I only have one friend on PS4, and he's usually on at very different times then me so I've gotten here mostly solo.
There's no revives in Hard Raids. On your first time, you're bound to die in silly places because you don't know the map and spawn locations etc. It'd suck for you to spend most of the time during your first Raid just looking at your dead orb or spectating others. In Normal at least you can be revived and that way you keep participating. In terms of loot though, each Raid is different. You should do Normal first so you learn. After that:

Vault of Glass: No reason to run Normal + Hard. There's a chest in the Gorgon Maze which has a ~10% chance of dropping an Exotic weapon. If you run Normal first and then Hard, you get two chances at an Exotic from that chest. That's it. For everything else, just running Hard will get you the loot for a Normal+Hard mode (double loot is nice). So unless you're really keen on maximizing those exotic rolls from the gorgon chest, you can always just run Heroic directly.

Crota's End: Different beast. The actual loot tables are different so depending on what you're after you wanna run one or the other. Basically, Normal is where you get armor drops during the first 3 stages, and then Crota can drop Special or Heavy weapons. On Heroic, the Abyss can drop a Pulse Rifle; the Bridge can drop an Auto Rifle; Crota can drop a Scout Rifle or a Hand Cannon. So if you want the sniper or rocket, you wanna do Normal because it's the only place you can get it. If you want the Hand Cannon, you do Hard because it's the only place you can get it.

Top Bottom