• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

The last day I need to farm strikes for my grimoire and Bungie has the god damn Nexus boss be a bounty so people kill the boss and then leave without having it register for everyone. . I just need 6 more strikes completed (just 2 if done with a full team of 3 with no one leaving before the last strike banner pops up)

MrDaravon

There's no revives in Hard Raids. On your first time, you're bound to die in silly places because you don't know the map and spawn locations etc. It'd suck for you to spend most of the time during your first Raid just looking at your dead orb or spectating others. In Normal at least you can be revived and that way you keep participating. In terms of loot though, each Raid is different. You should do Normal first so you learn. After that:

Vault of Glass: No reason to run Normal + Hard. There's a chest in the Gorgon Maze which has a ~10% chance of dropping an Exotic weapon. If you run Normal first and then Hard, you get two chances at an Exotic from that chest. That's it. For everything else, just running Hard will get you the loot for a Normal+Hard mode (double loot is nice). So unless you're really keen on maximizing those exotic rolls from the gorgon chest, you can always just run Heroic directly.

Crota's End: Different beast. The actual loot tables are different so depending on what you're after you wanna run one or the other. Basically, Normal is where you get armor drops during the first 3 stages, and then Crota can drop Special or Heavy weapons. On Heroic, the Abyss can drop a Pulse Rifle; the Bridge can drop an Auto Rifle; Crota can drop a Scout Rifle or a Hand Cannon. So if you want the sniper or rocket, you wanna do Normal because it's the only place you can get it. If you want the Hand Cannon, you do Hard because it's the only place you can get it.

Thanks for the detailed response, completely makes sense and I really appreciate it! I really need to hit people up on here tomorrow or after the weekly reset for stuff. I played a bunch at launch on 360 but we didn't have enough people to do the Raid (and LFG/GAF was dead for 360) which was right around where I quit, then when I came back on PS4 I had to start over obviously, but only one of my friends currently plays this on PS4. I have good time with the game but solo isn't the ideal way to play at all :(

Thanks for the detailed response, completely makes sense and I really appreciate it! I really need to hit people up on here tomorrow or after the weekly reset for stuff. I played a bunch at launch on 360 but we didn't have enough people to do the Raid (and LFG/GAF was dead for 360) which was right around where I quit, then when I came back on PS4 I had to start over obviously, but only one of my friends currently plays this on PS4. I have good time with the game but solo isn't the ideal way to play at all :(

I can help you raid tonight or tomorrow. We can get a group.

Cetra

Was playing Dragon Strikes last night and got a High Road Soldier Scout Rifle. Has Red Dot OAS, Full Auto, Hand Laid Stock, and Hidden Hand. It's slightly odd for a Scout since it has higher Rate of Fire than Impact; but it still has enough Impact to get a 3 shot kill in Crucible. It just does it faster than other Scouts... at least the ones I've seen.

Can't wait to get all the perks unlocked. It was amazing out of the box, it's only gonna get better.

TheGentleman

Neo Member

Welcome to Gaf fellow Kiwi!, Like you I've only been here for a short time.
But I'm sure you'll find the community here is extremely helpful in regards to anything Destiny.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea, As I'm sure that they're members who haven't been to Mercury (myself included) and would love the opportunity to do so.

As others have said, the first step is to do the raids on Normal before you can do the Hard difficulty. As for the rewards if they're not chest drops eg. Gorgon Chest, they vary in terms of drops with some being exclusive to Hard and vice-versa. eg.the (coveted) Fatebringer is only available on hard VoG , while the useful (for now at least) Black Hammer is only available from normal Crota.

If its your first time with a raid, you couldn't pick a better group to experience it with then DGAF! Try and join a raid when they have one available as I'm sure they wouldn't mind explaining and helping in what you need to do.

Trials this week man... Not a fan of random. Went 8-1, both losses on Pantheon. One to a team that punched their ticket to Mercury and another we lost in the final round when a defender popped a bubble.

It was disgusting.

lt519

Got the Wolves Leash II (void) just now. Yay, finally a void scout rifle, pales compared to the ToO one though. Low impact, but pretty high rate of fire with Triple Tap and rolled supress a captain's abilities (would have been better if it was arc).

That and my Six Dreg's Pride II (solar) round out my Primary weapon needs of all three burns with a Hand Cannon and a Scout Rifle. Not sure if I feel like going for the Auto Rifle and Pulse Rifle since one of the perks is basically useless.

MrDaravon

I can help you raid tonight or tomorrow. We can get a group.

Sure, my PSN is MrDaravon, I'll be around until probably ~11pm EST tonight. I'm still a little under the weather so if we don't get anything going tonight it's not a big deal at all, just remember it'll have to be on normal since I don't have Hard unlocked but I don't care which one we do. In passing I've seen a lot of VoG described, but I know literally nothing about the Crota one.

ocean

Banned
Got the Wolves Leash II (void) just now. Yay, finally a void scout rifle, pales compared to the ToO one though. Low impact, but pretty high rate of fire with Triple Tap and rolled supress a captain's abilities (would have been better if it was arc).

That and my Six Dreg's Pride II (solar) round out my Primary weapon needs of all three burns with a Hand Cannon and a Scout Rifle. Not sure if I feel like going for the Auto Rifle and Pulse Rifle since one of the perks is basically useless.
I have the low impact Pulse in Void. Took it out for a spin one day, was surprised to see it can stun Captains even while they're shielded so it's not half-bad as a perk even if the element doesn't match.

darknil

I have to keep track on this thread, I want to pass VoG, Crota and Skolas on Hard to finish the triumphs, apart from getting more Etheric Light!

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Sure, my PSN is MrDaravon, I'll be around until probably ~11pm EST tonight. I'm still a little under the weather so if we don't get anything going tonight it's not a big deal at all, just remember it'll have to be on normal since I don't have Hard unlocked but I don't care which one we do. In passing I've seen a lot of VoG described, but I know literally nothing about the Crota one.

I'd be willing to help if it's done later tonight say in 6 hours? That's when I'll be on and I wouldn't mind helping.

The Crota raid is done in 5 Steps:

1. The Abyss
2. The Bridge
3. The Thrallway
4. The DeathSinger
5. Crota

If you like I can explain it in more detail, or would you rather keep it as a surprise for when you do the Raid? :)

lt519

I have the low impact Pulse in Void. Took it out for a spin one day, was surprised to see it can stun Captains even while they're shielded so it's not half-bad as a perk even if the element doesn't match.

Good to know, my Six Dreg Pride II has the oh so useful extra damage to shanks (at least the burn matches).

In the end with the new mechanics, I love the Skolas fight, it may be the best in the game now. It requires such great teamwork and this is the first time we did it without a Titan to save our ass on mines. I think the drop rates could be buffed a little though, this was probably my 10th kill and I've only landed 2 primaries and seen 3 total drop. Especially since everyone is getting to Mercury and getting those weapons. Maybe one day someone will carry me :0

adin75

Ok saw this thread come up in my Borderlands search. I'm a new Gaf member from NZ but would be keen to team up with anyone running raids on PS4. I have a 32 Warlock 29 Hunter and a 2 Titan if anyone wants to start a new toon.

I have done VoG 1.5 times and Crota 0.5 times (friend bailed), have not done POE and need to finish Skolas story to unlock.

My PvP is rubbish tho, don't even.

PSN: ll_J-0-N_ll

I can flick an FR out to anyone keen. Cheers.

Feel free to send me an add (same as gaf name). I'm in Oz, and am on most nights.

MrDaravon

I'd be willing to help if it's done later tonight say in 6 hours? That's when I'll be on and I wouldn't mind helping.

The Crota raid is done in 5 Steps:

1. The Abyss
2. The Bridge
3. The Thrallway
4. The DeathSinger
5. Crota

If you like I can explain it in more detail, or would you rather keep it as a surprise for when you do the Raid? :)

Oh I'm not really worried about spoilers or anything like that. I wouldn't be on that late tonight though, it's about 8pm here, and I'm still kinda sick and have to be up by 7am for work :(. I'm really in no big rush though, if I can get in a group that is willing to explain things great, if not I'll get in on the next newbie Raid that I see get posted in here every week or so. I missed the last one because we had just brought a foster cat home :p

Top Bottom