• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I want to get inside the traveller and explore.

Sounds sexual, not meant to be. At least not totally.

I'd like to go inside the traveller with five of my friends
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

and inside we find the flood and it turns out that the traveller is a halo ring

Top of page gif:
lP8tMDs.gif

That would work nicely. Like a darkness last stand, they hunker down inside the dead traveller. Dreadnought style raid.

I guess the question is, "what's the ultimate evil?"

What's the ultimate boss, in other words?

My other question is: if this is a 10 year plan, when do they update the graphics?

Arrrammis

Man, IB can't come soon enough. I know it will be the same old thing, but at least it will give me something tangible to do in Destiny.

I'm going to farm some dragon strikes for a bit. Join if you want but I will be listening to a podcast so I won't be on the mic, but at least I'm better than a random lol.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Oh I'm not really worried about spoilers or anything like that. I wouldn't be on that late tonight though, it's about 8pm here, and I'm still kinda sick and have to be up by 7am for work :(. I'm really in no big rush though, if I can get in a group that is willing to explain things great, if not I'll get in on the next newbie Raid that I see get posted in here every week or so. I missed the last one because we had just brought a foster cat home :p

The bane of living in different timezone's (It's almost 2 p.m here)
That's fine, Be sure to get some rest before work and hope you feel better soon.
I'm glad that your taking your time with Destiny. I started HoW when it first came out and only now have a 34 character.
I should be online earlier the day after the reset so I wouldn't mind helping you on a raid then :)
I'm sure that you'll be able to find a group that is willing to explain things Since I'm sure the community here don't mind and as you said there is always the newbie raid if you would prefer to do that.

I sent you a PM that should explain the Crota raid. :)

The bane of living in different timezone's (It's almost 2 p.m here)
That's fine, Be sure to get some rest before work and hope you feel better soon.
I'm glad that your taking your time with Destiny. I started HoW when it first came out and only now have a 34 character.
I should be online earlier the day after the reset so I wouldn't mind helping you on a raid then :)
I'm sure that you'll be able to find a group that is willing to explain things Since I'm sure the community here don't mind and as you said there is always the newbie raid if you would prefer to do that.

I sent you a PM that should explain the Crota raid. :)

Are you in the South Pacific somewhere?

Ran VoG normal on my xb1 freshly minted L26 warlock, got Praedyth's and Hezen Vengence. No Gear but I'm ok with this.

The shared my only Universal Remote to upgrade my TLW to max. And I told my nephew to just buy an exotic shard from Xur to upgrade Alpha Lupi.

I had to tell a guy who used his golden gun on Atheon to save it for Oracles. And he was like "Well I have an ascended VoC which is basically the same thing". Guess what happened the next round in Venus? Marked.

Oh lfg. Too funny. Good thing I have fun running VoG no matter how many times. It's such a good raid.

Mindlog

nothing beats gopherchucks
R7RDsuH.gif

Indiana Jones, Warlock since 1912
"It was all just a dream all along!!" *flails hands in air*

Honestly I would be perfectly happy if they put the plot out in novels and left the game dry. I don't particularly like cutscenes and I don't pay much attention during them. Generally just screw around in my menu until it's done. Combat dialog is even worse - trying to hear somebody natter on about something while waves of dudes are dumping a small war's worth of firepower on my head. I do read though lol
For a game like this I wouldn't mind them designing more missions as Strikes.
Wait let me back up because that's screwed that up too.

Strikes should avoid stories when possible! Killing the same monster over and over is just weird. Fine for replaying missions, but Strikes are an opportunity to get it correct.
What if??? Strikes had slightly random open ended objectives. Take something like Prison of Elders, but give it the structure of a Strike. Even small changes could make the missions a tad more sensible. We have to kill Sepiks Prime? Great. However, the next time we go through the Strike change up the mission and make it seems like the Devils are raising a new Prime Servitor. An irrelevant detail for some, but it does a lot for me.

Undying Mind is the one standout in this category. It makes sense to always repeat the mission exactly the same as the first time.

todd360

Plus they could do some real cool shit in terms of architecture.

The boss inside is just a giant ghost. We can't go changing traditions now can we?

Or its just a ahamkara that somehow sneaked in while trying to flee from the great hunt. It gained the ultimate light and has just been fucking shit up inside the traveler and that is why it isn't working now.

P44

The boss inside is just a giant ghost. We can't go changing traditions now can we?

Or its just a ahamkara that somehow sneaked in while trying to flee from the great hunt. It gained the ultimate light as has just been fucking shit up inside the traveler and that is why it isn't working now.

I've got a feeling the good guy-bad guy turn is going to be done with the nine at least.

Namikaze1

Guys, I'm here jealous as fuck. My girlfriend is running around with a 3D printed Hawkmoon given to her by her best friend.

Guys, what do I do? I wanna touch it. ;__;

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Needing one more for Skolas. We're at Skolas. Need a warlock or Titan. We've been at this for 3 hours. Need someone experienced as we're getting tired....

PSN: ShadowKayos

Inside the traveler should be the final raid. For 10 years we stared at the entrance of our greatest challenge.
Interesting idea. They can finally let us visit the city that it's under. Place a huge social hub in the city and then just build a raid/strikes around it.

Judging by their concept art I'm betting we were suppose to get a city hub but it ended up cut like the rest.

Kyoufu

Would love a carry tomorrow in Trials if possible. I think I can be useful as a Ramlock w/ burn nades and stuff so it shouldn't get too sweaty hopefully. :3

Namikaze1

The 3D printed Hawkmoon looks fucking glorious. I need one.

Maybe two.

Or a dozen.

And a necrochasm one too.

Goddammit, why won't she let me touch it?! ;__;

lt519

I would like to think that this is how it all began

Just finished watching this, such a great scene!

Gotta ask, anyone interested in carrying me next weekend in ToO? I'll be available all weekend. I haven't been to the lighthouse and would like to get there once. I've been patient not asking to be carried but I'm seeing a lot of people get multiple tickets on the train and I could certainly use one! A few 8-1's but just haven't pulled it off.

noomi

Played some trials with xo and reign today after being away for a week and had an absolute blast. Even though we lost a few rounds and didn't make Mercury it was great playing with them and just shooting the shit for a few hours.

Now that I have all possible loot it takes so much of the pressure off and I can play strictly for fun.

There is nothing left to chase, nothing!

noomi

The 3D printed Hawkmoon looks fucking glorious. I need one.

Maybe two.

Or a dozen.

And a necrochasm one too.

Goddammit, why won't she let me touch it?! ;__;

You bought one? Where'd ya get it?

Mine still needs to be painted, it's sitting in my desk unpainted and unloved. FOR SHAME!

Top Bottom