• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Played some trials with xo and reign today after being away for a week and had an absolute blast. Even though we lost a few rounds and didn't make Mercury it was great playing with them and just shooting the shit for a few hours.

Now that I have all possible loot it takes so much of the pressure off and I can play strictly for fun.

There is nothing left to chase, nothing!

The 1% over here :p

I still <3 you Noomi.

Edit top of page: saltbecausenohopscotch.gif

Dunk#7

Trials anybody?

Trying to make it to Mercury with my Warlock. Usually only play PvP with my Hunter, but already went to the lighthouse this week. Usually don't try for two trips

1. Dunk7

Namikaze1

You bought one? Where'd ya get it?

Mine still needs to be painted, it's sitting in my desk unpainted and unloved. FOR SHAME!
Didn't bought one. It's a gift to my GF from her best friend. I should ask her where she got it from but I'm here trying to touch the freaking thing. I just wanna touch it just once!

But I definitely need to ask her where she got it. Hopefully sometime after this party dies down.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just spent 3 hours trying to do Skolas and we failed to beat it. Too bad Bungie is so incompetent that they can't put checkpoints for the first 5 prior rounds of PoE35. Fuck that shit. Bungie, What the fuck.

Kyoufu

Just spent 3 hours trying to do Skolas and we failed to beat it. Too bad Bungie is so incompetent that they can't put checkpoints for the first 5 prior rounds of PoE35. Fuck that shit. Bungie, What the fuck.

Lightswitch is a skip week man. I don't have the balls to attempt it with that brutal modifier.

belmakor

Trials anybody?

Trying to make it to Mercury with my Warlock. Usually only play PvP with my Hunter, but already went to the lighthouse this week. Usually don't try for two trips

1. Dunk7

I'm up for some games. Not sure I'm good enough to help you get to Mercury though. :/

Monster Zero

Yea, I'm getting my noose set up right now, I don't wanna live no mo

adin75

I guess they figured nobody would bother with the early rounds and just share Skolas checkpoints every week. And they would be right.

SpecX

Killing some time in the destiny app catching up on the grimoire cards and noticed the Saturn card reads that the guardian ship can make it to Saturn with the support of a larger vessel. Could we be getting Saturn or another planet as an expansion to TTK and will we take over the Dreadnought after destroying Crotas daddy?

lt519

Lightswitch is a skip week man. I don't have the balls to attempt it with that brutal modifier.

We just did it on like 4 attempts with someone that hadn't even done the fight before. 1st attempt a captain took all three of us out during the second mine phase, but it was mostly our fault. Basically just make it priority number one to locate the captain with the swords every time a wave spawns and do not let your guard down until he is dead. Keep rotating, always be rotating, rotate before it gets hairy, preemptively rotate. ROTATE.

I actually prefer this week to next week's since you can get it done faster due to Small Arms.

How is this different from people sharing Atheon and Crota checkpoints?

That's the point? They didn't like people doing that.

hydruxo

It's a shame TTK is still a month and a half away. I've all but stopped playing the last 3 weeks. I'll hop every couple days for 30 minutes and then get bored and hop right off. There's just nothing for me to do other than Trials anymore since I've gotten pretty much all the loot I wanted. Bungies gotta do a better job in year two of having random or planned events to keep people going during the droughts. Iron Banner once a month isn't enough.

kayos90

We just did it on like 4 attempts with someone that hadn't even done the fight before. 1st attempt a captain took all three of us out during the second mine phase, but it was mostly our fault. Basically just make it priority number one to locate the captain with the swords every time a wave spawns and do not let your guard down until he is dead. Keep rotating, always be rotating, rotate before it gets hairy, preemptively rotate. ROTATE.

I actually prefer this week to next week's since you can get it done faster due to Small Arms.

Why is not tied for people who run it from the beginning then? There are better ways to handle this. It's incredibly unfriendly and respective of people's time when saiid people invest on a single event for a while only for it be completely rendered useless.

Monster Zero

Thing is, our runs were damn perfect for 90% of the run. Then some tom fuckery would happen. At 20% a melee captain took out EB and shadow with a single melee, and left me with 5 second taint. Wiped just like that

btkadams

Does anyone want to help me with Xyor the Unwed in that level 28 summoning pits strike? I'm alone and it's a bit of a grind.

PSN is btkadams.

This is the one where you don't touch the big monster at the end and just clear the waves of adds until Xyor (wizard) spawns.

kayos90

Thing is, our runs were damn perfect for 90% of the run. Then some tom fuckery would happen. At 20% a melee captain took out EB and shadow with a single melee, and left me with 5 second taint. Wiped just like that

I'm pretty fucking mad that we failed to beat PoE35. We were doing fantastic on every single run except one shit would go wrong causing everything to fall apart. It'd be one thing if we can resume but we have to redo the first 5 rounds again which would take at minimum 30 minutes. That's 30 minutes which we could spend on a run for Skolas. Fuck this shit.

adin75

How is this different from people sharing Atheon and Crota checkpoints?

It's not, like I said Bungie probably just didn't want people doing it with Skolas. At least with the raids there are rewards for progression, offering incentive to do it all.
There is no reason to do the early PoE rounds other than to reach the last.

void666

Banned
Did skolas today. It took us 56 minutes to do the whole thing. No wipes.

Two defender titans generating orbs non stop. And me as a warlock. We didn't rotate. We stood at that platform to the right. Whenever a captain climbed up i'd greet him with my 4th horseman.

Last week i was on my way to dismantle the last mine when my buddies killed skolas.
I was like "cool, we killed him" and forgot about the mine...

We had to kill skolas again...

Namikaze1

Don't know if the next podcast will be the last for Destiny Year 1. I thought it would be great to have folks send in their favorite year 1 moment for us to read during the podcast.

Already have my favorite moment in mind.

Send all comments to toddv360. Not me. Todd. Swamp him instead.

kayos90

It's not, like I said Bungie probably just didn't want people doing it with Skolas. At least with the raids there are rewards for progression, offering incentive to do it all.
There is no reason to do the early PoE rounds other than to reach the last.

There are better ways to handle this then imo.

Two defender titans generating orbs non stop. And me as a warlock. We didn't rotate. We stood at that platform to the right. Whenever a captain climbed up i'd greet him with my 4th horseman.

Last week i was on my way to dismantle the last mine when my buddies killed skolas.
I was like "cool, we killed him" and forgot about the mine...

We had to kill skolas again...

Thanks. This makes me feel infinitely better. =/

lt519

Two Titan PoE is best PoE. We did our first run today without actually having a Titan, two hunters and a warlock. Our biggest challenge was not being able to bubble stomp the Fallen VIP round.

Interesting idea. They can finally let us visit the city that it's under. Place a huge social hub in the city and then just build a raid/strikes around it.

Judging by their concept art I'm betting we were suppose to get a city hub but it ended up cut like the rest.

Every time I watch that GDC video I get pretty sad, but optimistic. I mean so little of all the stuff they must have explored made it in, yet all of that work is there, in concepts, they just have to go and make it!

SheHateMe

I'm pretty fucking mad that we failed to beat PoE35. We were doing fantastic on every single run except one shit would go wrong causing everything to fall apart. It'd be one thing if we can resume but we have to redo the first 5 rounds again which would take at minimum 30 minutes. That's 30 minutes which we could spend on a run for Skolas. Fuck this shit.

Damn. That makes me not want to try it.

But I know it's one of the two Triumphs I have left for Year One and I got a little over 7 weeks to get it done.

Decisions, decisions.

lt519

I get the checkpoint thing; but as far as difficulty, it is supposed to be the hardest part of the game, it shouldn't be a cakewalk. We wiped at the second round of mines twice two, just gotta learn and move on. Eventually we decided that anytime a wave spawned we'd put our backs to the wall and find the captains and take them out. It is a predictable fight, there will always be a captain each spawn, and if you haven't found him yet, he will find you when you least expect it. During the mine rounds send the man who is immune and can't take the essence to the middle location (use bubble/invis/ressurection, doesn't matter the class) and if the mines are on the side you are on just hunker down and find the captain. If the mine is on the far side roll over along the back as a group.

Edit: Also totally willing to do some Skolas runs with everyone next weekend, psn: rarbusto. Only if you haven't beaten him yet. We got our buddy through today no problem.

btkadams

Does anyone want to help me with Xyor the Unwed in that level 28 summoning pits strike? I'm alone and it's a bit of a grind.

PSN is btkadams.

This is the one where you don't touch the big monster at the end and just clear the waves of adds until Xyor (wizard) spawns.
Thank you churmom and rc213 for the help!

Interesting idea. They can finally let us visit the city that it's under. Place a huge social hub in the city and then just build a raid/strikes around it.

Judging by their concept art I'm betting we were suppose to get a city hub but it ended up cut like the rest.

https://youtu.be/vUxRTCTr7ic?t=761 (cued to 12:41 for some concept art of what the traveler might look like inside). Man, having the final missions be inside the traveler would be awesome. Imagine if it was just a huge open world you could go and explore...

Also, I feel like they had some great intentions with making the city feel like humanity's last hope but tbh it doesn't come across that way in the game at all. You never see the people you're defending other than random no-name NPCs in the tower, and most of the time you spend just roflstomping enemy foot soldiers into the ground. That urgency and need to protect the city is just nonexistent.

adin75

I have a 32 Warlock 29 Hunter and a 2 Titan if anyone wants to start a new toon.

I have done VoG 1.5 times and Crota 0.5 times (friend bailed), have not done POE and need to finish Skolas story to unlock.

PSN: ll_J-0-N_ll

I can flick an FR out to anyone keen. Cheers.

I will be hitting up a mate to do some PoE tonight, if you get the story and lvl 28 PoE done on your Warlock I will see if I can get you a seat as the third.

OkayRene

Are newbie raids still on-going? My IRL buddy just started playing Destiny and I'd love for him to try it this week after reset.

back on my DS4
love my DS4

Yes, I know I said DS4 (not PS4), but the Bonetroller isn't comfortable for me. :(

Haha I like both. I used to love 360's controller way more than anything prior to PS4/XB1, but DS4 is great.

I did pretty good in XB1 Trials today. Haven't gotten the boots yet though. Koro said he'd run with us if we're all able to.

LTWood12

Unstable has brainwashed me into prioritizing revives over everything else, so now it's like I can't NOT do it. Multiple times tonight Rubenov was like "he's gonna revive snipe don't revive me don't revive me" revived->dead

Unstable has brainwashed me into prioritizing revives over everything else, so now it's like I can't NOT do it. Multiple times tonight Rubenov was like "he's gonna revive snipe don't revive me don't revive me" revived->dead

Here you can either shove the person after reviving them, or run in front of them after reviving which should throw off the snipers aim.

I've started to really get into some of this Destiny business after stopping right after finishing the main story a ways back. Is it worth it to grab the DLC now? I'm hoping to catch it on sale, but I also have the option of dropping $50 on a boxed copy of Taken King with a best buy GCU discount if I can hold off til September.

That's why I hate pantheon. I'll stick my dumb head out and get killed and then keep getting killed mid revive.

LTWood12

Here you can either shove the person after reviving them, or run in front of them after reviving which should throw off the snipers aim.

Yeah that's what I should've done. Instead I was trying to punch move him (which of course doesn't work)

That's why I hate pantheon. I'll stick my dumb head out and get killed and then keep getting killed mid revive.

One of the many reasons to hate Pantheon.

nowai

It's a shame TTK is still a month and a half away. I've all but stopped playing the last 3 weeks. I'll hop every couple days for 30 minutes and then get bored and hop right off. There's just nothing for me to do other than Trials anymore since I've gotten pretty much all the loot I wanted. Bungies gotta do a better job in year two of having random or planned events to keep people going during the droughts. Iron Banner once a month isn't enough.

Do you only play for loot? If you don't play just for fun (raids with pals or pvp), then take a nice two month break and the Taken King will be super refreshing and fun again.

Top Bottom