• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Raybunny

I am up for some Dragon Strikes.

PSN Raybunzy

Send an invite if you want some company.

Edit: Top of the page

200_s.gif

Ok so which is better cause ive rolled a dreamwaker with javelin/tripod/horshoes then radagast fury i have an ash factory but is it worth all the mote/weapon parts?

Rad fury and Ash Factory have better base stats than Dreamwalker so they are preferable for going after the perfect roll. But if you already got it on the DW, just keep that. It's not worth the hassle and resources trying to roll another one.

I am up for some Dragon Strikes.

PSN Raybunzy

Send an invite if you want some company.]

How long will you be playing? I'd be down for some Dragon but I just finished doing a couple sweaty Mercury carries so I need a break and some pizza now :p

Raybunny

Rad fury and Ash Factory have better base stats than Dreamwalker so they are preferable for going after the perfect roll. But if you already got it on the DW, just keep that. It's not worth the hassle and resources trying to roll another one.

How long will you be playing? I'd be down for some Dragon but I just finished doing a couple sweaty Mercury carries so I need a break and some pizza now :p

I am up for a couple of hours.

Waldini

Holy. Shit.

MIDA Multi-Tool is soooo good. The magazine actually gives you the ability to kill 3/4 people. It's not good for close-quarter maps though ...

Received a hate-mail yesterday for using it. The other guy was using Thorn but I kept besting him in every dual. He "politely" asked me to use another gun ... so I took the TLW and absolutely crushed him and his team.

Since Trials my love for PvP is growing. I hope that (RNG, pliz) I'll get my first Party Crasher soon. I like the Matador but it's fire-rate is sooo slow.

bitsurugi

Apparently Banner starts tomorrow, anyone knows what gear they will be selling this time around?

From the photo looks like AR, Efridith, boots and the usual gloves?

Spiders

Apparently Banner starts tomorrow, anyone knows what gear they will be selling this time around?

I think they use the same photo every time. The weapons don't seem to follow a specific pattern, but if the current armor pattern continues they should be seeling chest and helmet this week.

Waldini

Photo shows DLC1 Iron Banner gear though ... didn't they get an "upgrade" with DLC2? I'd love myself a "nerfed" Fellwinter and Efridith :)

Vinter

Hello everyone!

I am new to this place, but would like to say that this is a great community, and it is also one of the reasons i signed up for this forum. I recently switched to PS4 from XB1 so I only have a 31 Hunter with nothing special in gear or weapons.

Hope to join you guys in some fun moments in the future!

my psn if someone wants to add me: Dumpventil

xb1 as well: InNidaros

ocean

Banned
Ok so which is better cause ive rolled a dreamwaker with javelin/tripod/horshoes then radagast fury i have an ash factory but is it worth all the mote/weapon parts?
Ash Factory and R. Fury, with the right roll (Ash: Warhead Verniers, Tripod, Javelin, G&H for ex) are better.

But Dreamwaker is fantastic. In actual play, the upgrade would be extremely marginal and probably not worth it unless you somehow often feel your rockets aren't killing people :p

Kurumi

Hello everyone!

I am new to this place, but would like to say that this is a great community, and it is also one of the reasons i signed up for this forum. I recently switched to PS4 from XB1 so I only have a 31 Hunter with nothing special in gear or weapons.

Welcome to Destiny GAF!

Gaming side destiny threads I do loathe you.

Those Destiny threads are just toxic. Read like 5 or 6 posts before I had to leave.

I wanna start a thread on gaming.

"Does playing Destiny cause cancer? Because every cent people pay Activi$ion for DLC is a cent that could have been donated to research"

Not sure about cancer, but I am considering that Destiny causes obesity. I have gained 2 Kg since I started playing
although I also have been combining destiny with Pizza and Beer, and the gym is closed at the moment

Lnkn52

Not sure about cancer, but I am considering that Destiny causes obesity. I have gained 2 Kg since I started playing
although I also have been combining destiny with Pizza and Beer, and the gym is closed at the moment
Lol, you are so right. I need to start exercising once again.

Ikkarus

Hello everyone!

Welcome to DGAF!

There are always things going on here with raids, night falls, trials etc.

I think most of us play on the PS4 so you're in good company. :)

Gala

I always forget to eat and to drink while playing Destiny. Thank god I play a lot with Wheelhoss, who always gets something to eat around the same time every day, so it reminds me of eating as well. Without him I would have starved already.

i heard destiny will last for next 10 year, so there will be no end after taken king.
its a shame they keeping there dlc price is so high, they should introduce season pass 2.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Who wants to Trials? I'm a scrub who's never done it before but I'd like to give it a shot. hit me up on PSN if you wanna just get in on that before the reset. PSN = ultrajari

deadduck

I venture away from unstable, krafty, Nghtly and gaf streamers.... I decide to check out some other Destiny streamers...

So much arrogance and screens filled with logos and crap about new followers/sub's/donations. Ewwwww.

SgtCobra

i heard destiny will last for next 10 year, so there will be no end after taken king.
its a shame they keeping there dlc price is so high, they should introduce season pass 2.
I'm sure they will after TTK releases.
Know the sniping lines.

Don't get in the sniping lines.

Countersnipe, or flank the sniping lines if you're not a proficient enough sniper. Flanking can be especially hilarious.

Dealing with a highly skilled sniper is super tricky. Luckily, you won't encounter many of those. For an average or below player who is sniping, the best counter is to rush them with nades and shotguns. Most people won't be able to quickscope you while rushing so they'll change to primary and fidget and die if you play it right. Also, I get a lot of easy kills when sniping because some headstrong people keep trying the same thing over and over. If you challenge with your scout and get killed, challenging with your scout from the same position when you respawn will probably just get you killed again.
Ugh a bit late but thaks for the replies. I especially hate snipers who can kill you from close ranges, it makes no sense to me to be able to do things like that so easily. But imo a sniper user should be someone who takes it time to get that perfect shot instead of aomeone using a laserbeam with absurd aim assist values. I'm not a sniper myself but I think I shouldn't pay too much attention to them.

Kyoufu

Yuk, I venture away from unstable, krafty, Nghtly and gaf streamers....

So much arrogance and screens filled with logos and crap about new followers/sub's/donations. Ewwwww.

Unstable isn't arrogant. He knows he's good but he also knows he can get better. He doesn't rage on the people he helps get to Mercury either.

deadduck

Unstable isn't arrogant. He knows he's good but he also knows he can get better. He doesn't rage on the people he helps get to Mercury either.

I didn't say he was, I meant I venture away from my usual streams and find lots of streams that are not fun to watch.

I like unstable, krafty, Nghtly and gaffers.

nOoblet16

I'm sure they will after TTK releases.

Ugh a bit late but thaks for the replies. I especially hate snipers who can kill you from close ranges, it makes no sense to me to be able to do things like that so easily. But imo a sniper user should be someone who takes it time to get that perfect shot instead of aomeone using a laserbeam with absurd aim assist values. I'm not a sniper myself but I think I shouldn't pay too much attention to them.

First...the bolded is not easy.

Secondly, the kind of sniper you are talking about who takes their time is the worst kind of sniper and has no place in competitive gaming, most snipers aim roughly and hit believing that they will hit..this encourages fast play and actually results in you taking a shot rather than waiting for the perfect shot. The kind of sniper you are talking about dies before he even presses the trigger because he waits too long for the perfect shot and as such gets outplayed by a sniper who took the opportunity to atleast try and make a shot.

Despite all the aim assist you still have to aim...and take the shot. Aim assist won't do it for you automatically.

Sniping in this game (eventhough easy by other gamés standards) is the hardest thing to do by far compared to anything else because it's easy for every other gun to engage a sniper and if a sniper still manages to get you despite all of that then he has simply outplayed you. It's the only weapon class in the game which is even close to being somewhat balanced and with the final round being fixed it'd be the most balanced out of all.

Kyoufu

No worries :D

Although I did catch a little unstable rage at wicked the other day. Was also funny to see a game starting and wicked wasn't back from AFK

That one sweaty where they were getting Firebolt/Thorn'd by Ramlocks in that claustrophobic map which they almost lost which would have meant Mercury wouldn't have happened since the guy being carried didn't buy the boons was intense. :3

That one sweaty where they were getting Firebolt/Thorn'd by Ramlocks in that claustrophobic map which they almost lost which would have meant Mercury wouldn't have happened since the guy being carried didn't buy the boons was intense. :3

Yeah i watched that, the dude hadn't bought anything and wasn't ready to be carried plus was wearing gear not for his class etc so yeah Unstable was a bit annoyed and that was fair enough.

In fairness though, the games after it where i was playing with them, once the stream had cut out due to Unstable's internet issues he did apologise to Wicked for having a go at him, they were joking around about it too so i think it was cool :)

I watched Nghtly's stream the other day for the first time and holy shit is that guy chilled. Like it seems effortless, not worried about getting revives or anything he's just like pew pew pew. Then like oh no my K/D guiz! Joking obviously.

Pat_DC

Ugh... I hate this thorn bounty. 293 out of 500 and it's taking forever. Doesn't help that I'm using weapons I'm not comfortable with for the stupid void points.

Is there even a void Scout or Pulse?

Hi mate,

I battled through it recently with a hunter, some tips from a non-pro crucible player that worked for me:

- I played rumble, much easier to keep track and hold down areas where special ammo spawns (I used a void shotty). I saw a lot of advice saying play team games but since assists didn't count I found rumble got the points up a lot quicker.

- Play really cautiously and to a play style that matches your void weapon of choice and run from engagements if the setting isn't in your favour.

- Upgrade your weapons first. Though damage isn't counted all the unlocks still apply (quicker aiming, more staqbility etc which never hurts).

- I would sometimes die to get the special ammo, losing 2 points to make sure I had shotgun ammo that could get me 3-5 kills (15-25 points) worked out better in the long run.

Anyway hope that helps.

When I reached 450 the last few games were intense! I am loving the thorn though, very fun gun and I haven't even unlocked everything on it yet.

SgtCobra

First...the bolded is not easy.

Secondly, the kind of sniper you are talking about who takes their time is the worst kind of sniper and has no place in competitive gaming, most snipers aim roughly and hit believing that they will hit..this encourages fast play and actually results in you taking a shot. The kind of sniper you are talking about dies before he even presses the trigger because he gets outplayed by a sniper who took the opportunity to atleast try and make a shot.

Despite all the aim assist you still have to aim...and take the shot. Aim assist won't do it for you automatically.
It's easier than it should be and it has happned a lot, it's just how I see this. I think that after the exotic handcannons the sniper is the weapon class that killed me the most in pvp so there may be some salt included. I just see snipers as pure long range weapons but in a game like this where most maps aren't big and the gameplay is "fast" I can see why they made snipers like they're now.

Top Bottom