• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

YES, just acquired another title in addition to GLord: Master of Science in Molecular Neuroscience!
I'm curious to see what shader/emblem I will receive for that trophy.

flkraven

As I mentioned before, I finally beat Skolas over the weekend. Still don't have my Gjally, but I made it through with my fatebringer and truth.

The one thing that was super surprising was how little I we were affected by lightswitch. We had two titans, so we set up camp and bubbled like crazy, but I don't anyone got even close to melee'd. At first glance, lightswitch seems nuts, but ultimately it ain't bad.

Invis

Is there a meaningful amount of content I would lose out on if I bought Destiny and both the expansions on Xbox One instead of PS4? I know there is a decent bit of quests or whatever they are called in Destiny exclusive to the PS4, but I'm not sure how much is exclusive nor if it's just timed. Been wanting to play some more of my Xbox One and the Destiny trial was pretty entertaining.

Woot Woot, Cheers! Next shot is on me.

Thanks Lnkn! With next shot do you mean in Rocket League? ;)
This might come as a surprise but I don't drink alcohol.

Yooo, congrats EJ! Kreygasm. That's a huge accomplishment.

Nice one EJ! Massive congrats!!

Congrats EJ! That is amazing!

You get a proper lab coat for your Warlock. Well done!

Excellent, very pleased for you!!

Congrats! I hear you get to buy or rent your own robe and cap for that one!

Thanks guys, I'm so excited. My supervisor was a complete asshat with handling deadlines and grades, glad that's over. Missed a lot of sleep because of this. Thanks to all of DGAF who had inspiring words when I almost couldn't handle it anymore.

Is it sad that I googled that title thinking it was some hidden Destiny thing?

(congrats)

Lol, if only...Nah it just means that I finished my 5 year of university in the field of Molecular Neuroscience. If it's about the brain I'm interested.

Congrats! Do you plan on getting a PhD afterwards?

Thanks, yes sir! I will do my PhD at the University of Amsterdam, about brain cell death in Parkinson's Disease.

RemiLP

Is there a meaningful amount of content I would lose out on if I bought Destiny and both the expansions on Xbox One instead of PS4? I know there is a decent bit of quests or whatever they are called in Destiny exclusive to the PS4, but I'm not sure how much is exclusive nor if it's just timed. Been wanting to play some more of my Xbox One and the Destiny trial was pretty entertaining.

The biggest loss would be that u cant play with 95% of dgaf ;)

RemiLP

I... I had no idea the lore was this deep. Gotta go start reading the grimoire.

There is some great lore and hints about wtf is going on in the grimoire. But its split up and cryptic as fuck, so almost impossible to figurer out the big picture. But iv read some mind blowing theorys that people gather from reading the grimoire.

Its just a shame bungie couldnt include it in the actual in game storry.

I'm sure they will after TTK releases.
Ugh a bit late but thaks for the replies. I especially hate snipers who can kill you from close ranges, it makes no sense to me to be able to do things like that so easily. But imo a sniper user should be someone who takes it time to get that perfect shot instead of aomeone using a laserbeam with absurd aim assist values. I'm not a sniper myself but I think I shouldn't pay too much attention to them.

Sniping, if handled right, wouldn't bother me so much. Unfortunately Destiny handles it poorly and results in me getting pissed off more than I should.

Simply adding in de-scoping when shot would probably make me a bit more happy since it makes sense. I mean Halo did it, so why did Bungie decide to remove it? Many, many encounters in Trials would've been possibly in my favor if de-scoping existed. Popping out and getting the first hit only to be insta-killed is complete bs. They want to use a one-hit kill cannon? Fine, but put more at risk.

void666

Banned
As I mentioned before, I finally beat Skolas over the weekend. Still don't have my Gjally, but I made it through with my fatebringer and truth.

The one thing that was super surprising was how little I we were affected by lightswitch. We had two titans, so we set up camp and bubbled like crazy, but I don't anyone got even close to melee'd. At first glance, lightswitch seems nuts, but ultimately it ain't bad.

Lightswitch is tricky if you rotate a lot. With 2 defender titans it's easy mode.

Homeboyd

Is there a chart somewhere that tells you exactly how much XP is needed per level 1-20 in Destiny?

I'm working on my warlock and am at about 14.5, but am wondering how much XP is needed for level 15, level 16, etc...

Namikaze1

Fucking hell! I played 15 matches today and only two of them have been full fucking matches. I keep getting placed in the middle of a fucking game on the losing team with only 1500 points to go for the winning team to win.

Fake edit: and I got put in another fucking match where the team is losing.

Anyone doing an easy PoE soon? No mic I just need to do my last bounty to get this sucky sidearm

Fucking hell! I played 15 matches today and only two of them have been full fucking matches. I keep getting placed in the middle of a fucking game on the losing team with only 1500 points to go for the winning team to win.

Salvage game type doing this to you?

I haven't played this game in months, would it be easier to just create a new character or try to get all the materials for my level 26 Warlock to upgrade his gear?

Morning DGAF!

First and foremost, congrates EJ! Always good to hear about DGAFer's success outside of Destiny.

That said, it has been a ROUGH week for me in Destiny. No hopstoch after countless strikes and no trips to Mercury yet. I think the map rotation has really been throwing a lot of people off. This is the first time since I started playing HoW that I haven't gotten to Mercury at least once in said week. Feels bad guys.

Big shoutout to Dr_LaywerCop for being an awesome guy and helping me get a gold packadge on my Titan.

Also props to Rene for always being down for another card and putting up with me yelling, "Fuck" as loudly as I can when we loose.

DGAF is best GAF.

Edit: I just noticed I am no longer a Jr Member. Yay.

Thanks, yes sir! I will do my PhD at the University of Amsterdam, about brain cell death in Parkinson's Disease.

Thanks guys, starting in October I will do my PhD unfortunately that will also cut my time with Destiny in half. But can't complain, too much adrenaline right now :)

It's a diferent beast entirely, but also fun as hell. Enjoy your well earned rest :)

Anyone need to run Crota on hard? I have a Crota checkpoint and am hoping for a crux.

Wouldn't mind doing a quick Crota run. Could use Word of Crota for void burns

phen0m24

YES, just acquired another title in addition to GLord: Master of Science in Molecular Neuroscience!
I'm curious to see what shader/emblem I will receive for that trophy.

Congrats doc!! :)

insert joke here about my limited Dutch vocabulary

All the best to you on your Quest for Doctorhood™

:)

PuMa

That was happening in almost every Skirmish match I joined last night. Annoying as hell.

So at 1am I said I'd play one ticket.
1st game lost so we refreshed the ticket, didn't count aka practice
We went 3-0 (5-0 ticket) thenn ended the ticket at 6-3.

So 9 games total and it was 3am when we were done, crap! 2 hours for 9 games is nuts haha. Really fun games.

I don't think I've gotten this many in 1 Trials match before:

86eTh85.png

PuMa

Big shoutout to Dr_LaywerCop for being an awesome guy and helping me get a gold packadge on my Titan.

Also props to Rene for always being down for another card and putting up with me yelling, "Fuck" as loudly as I can when we loose.

DGAF is best GAF.

I gotta get in a match with you and Rene again. Those were fun cards. These past two weeks have been crazy busy for me.

Also, congrats on the member status!

Axoman

Is there a chart somewhere that tells you exactly how much XP is needed per level 1-20 in Destiny?

I'm working on my warlock and am at about 14.5, but am wondering how much XP is needed for level 15, level 16, etc...

Here you go Homey.

1 (0xp)
2 (900xp)
3 (5,000xp)
4 (10,000xp)
5 (16,000xp)
6 (23,000xp)
7 (31,000xp)
8 (40,000xp)
9 (50,000xp)
10 (62,500xp)
11 (75,500 xp)
12 (89,500xp)
13 (104,500xp)
14 (119,500xp)
15 (134,500xp)
16 (149,500xp)
17 (164,500xp)
18 (182,500xp)
19 (203,500xp)
20 (227,500xp)

Homeboyd

Here you go Homey.

1 (0xp)
2 (900xp)
3 (5,000xp)
4 (10,000xp)
5 (16,000xp)
6 (23,000xp)
7 (31,000xp)
8 (40,000xp)
9 (50,000xp)
10 (62,500xp)
11 (75,500 xp)
12 (89,500xp)
13 (104,500xp)
14 (119,500xp)
15 (134,500xp)
16 (149,500xp)
17 (164,500xp)
18 (182,500xp)
19 (203,500xp)
20 (227,500xp)
Thank you sir. Bounties today alone should put me at 20+ then. Sweet! (or close)

I gotta get in a match with you and Rene again. Those were fun cards. These past two weeks have been crazy busy for me.

Also, congrats on the member status!

Yes! We are going to try again tonight if you can sneak in some time. A buddy of mine just had his first kid and they look like they haven't slept in years.

noomi

Morning DGAF!

First and foremost, congrates EJ! Always good to hear about DGAFer's success outside of Destiny.

That said, it has been a ROUGH week for me in Destiny. No hopstoch after countless strikes and no trips to Mercury yet. I think the map rotation has really been throwing a lot of people off. This is the first time since I started playing HoW that I haven't gotten to Mercury at least once in said week. Feels bad guys.

DGAF is best GAF.

Congrats on losing the jr member, spamming in the OT has proven a worthy method :p

As for trials I think this week is much tougher, was playing with some really great players yesterday and we were having a hard time as well. Although I must admit that I really do enjoy having a random map rotation.

PuMa

Yes! We are going to try again tonight if you can sneak in some time. A buddy of mine just had his first kid and they look like they haven't slept in years.

Yeah, sleeping in 2-3 hours blocks really sucks. I'm living on caffeine right now.

That being said, I will definitely be trying to get on for a bit tonight.

nOoblet16

Here you go Homey.

1 (0xp)
2 (900xp)
3 (5,000xp)
4 (10,000xp)
5 (16,000xp)
6 (23,000xp)
7 (31,000xp)
8 (40,000xp)
9 (50,000xp)
10 (62,500xp)
11 (75,500 xp)
12 (89,500xp)
13 (104,500xp)
14 (119,500xp)
15 (134,500xp)
16 (149,500xp)
17 (164,500xp)
18 (182,500xp)
19 (203,500xp)
20 (227,500xp)
Levelling up an exotic weapon is close to half of that xp.... so we have done 1-20 like so many times !

So I had a dream last night that I beat Skolas...

anybody want to help make that a reality? Never done the fight, wondering if this is a good week for it. Also don't have a Gally

I'm happy to help some Skolas first timers get a kill whenever as long as they have a Lv34 character and play on PS4. No Gally required.

If you're around now and there's a third let me know, or we could try sometime after the weekly reset. The current modifiers of Small Arms and Lightswitch are the hardest ones imo, should be easier after tomorrow.

Morning DGAF!

Thank you! Destiny is my main game, graduating was my backlog
Jk had to endure more stress than expected
Also, it took me and Ikkarus over 200 strikes and ~10 PoE28s to see two HPs. And of course it was not for me :(

I like the map rotation though in Trials, made it a little bit more refreshing but of course I would've liked seeing some other maps.

It's a diferent beast entirely, but also fun as hell. Enjoy your well earned rest :)

Totally different but indeed fun. Will try to take some rest but Gamescom is right around the corner.

Congrats doc!! :)

insert joke here about my limited Dutch vocabulary

All the best to you on your Quest for Doctorhood™

:)

Thanks Coronel. *Inserts words as dubbelzout and stroopwafel*
Soon I'll let you in on some more Dutch words you can use against me.

Congrats on losing the jr member, spamming in the OT has proven a worthy method :p

As for trials I think this week is much tougher, was playing with some really great players yesterday and we were having a hard time as well. Although I must admit that I really do enjoy having a random map rotation.

Haha. That's EXACTLY how I achieved member status. There's no shame in my game. I'm trying to get on that wall of shame yo!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was having trouble this weekend. I think the map rotation is ok. Going 8-0 and loosing on Pantheon is no fun. I loathe that map so much.

Yeah, sleeping in 2-3 hours blocks really sucks. I'm living on caffeine right now.

That being said, I will definitely be trying to get on for a bit tonight.

Sounds good. I hope you can make it. I should be on around 5:30-6pm CST tonight.

Thank you! Destiny is my main game, graduating was my backlog
Jk had to endure more stress than expected
Also, it took me and Ikkarus over 200 strikes and ~10 PoE28s to see two HPs. And of course it was not for me :(

This just breaks my heart. I haven't even seen it drop yet. I have however gotten every other legendary weapon type, numerous armor pieces, and even two ships, but no hopscotch.

Top Bottom