• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

sajj316

Anticipate spending tons of motes, glimmer, and weapon parts on a good fulcrum roll. The best roll is Smallbore, LiTC, and Final Round.

Edit .. Top of page. So excited!

WixmFYt.gif

btkadams

Is Crota's End on hard way easier now that people are 34 with 365 damage weapons? It was brutal at the previous 32 cap. I want to finally finish that raid this week.

ocean

Banned
So I have a question.

We were doing VOG HM last night. I have a non-ascended Thorn. On the Atheon fight, it was taking me almost a full round of Thorn shots to take out an Oracle (I was doing like 185-200 damage per hit on the red Oracles). Is that simply because my gun is not ascended? I feel so weak in comparison to other people.

I was going to chain strikes last night, but my first strike zoned me in with ZERO other people. Amazing matchmaking system.
Two factors contributed to your slow killing of Oracles;

1. Hand Cannons have a damage penalty against Oracles. Don't ask me why, Bungie is strange like that.
2. All of the VoG weapons (like Vision of Confluence or Found Verdict) have an Oracle Disrupter perk which deals extra damage to Oracles - I suspect your peers may have been using these.

Curiously enough, Atheon's Epilogue is the best primary in the game against Oracles. This is due to its high Rate of Fire triggering the Oracle perk more often than slower firing weapons. In general though, your best bet is to use a shotgun against Oracles. They go down super fast.

One more detail: Oracles get stronger with time. If you start shooting as soon as they spawn they'll go down far more quickly than if you wait some seconds before engaging. That's why positioning is important - if you're in place and can shoot right away when they spawn instead of having to cross a large distance, you'll waste a lot less ammo on them.

So I have a question.

We were doing VOG HM last night. I have a non-ascended Thorn. On the Atheon fight, it was taking me almost a full round of Thorn shots to take out an Oracle (I was doing like 185-200 damage per hit on the red Oracles). Is that simply because my gun is not ascended? I feel so weak in comparison to other people.

No, hand cannons suffer from a damage penalty on oracles, so you do less damage with them. Switch to a different primary weapon, Thorn is not a great pve gun.

Machine guns and shotguns are really good for killing oracles.

Grim, if you're reading up on the thread, I can knock out some Crota kills today if you still need it!

All done, still No Crux. Blaze, Gaz, and Gong stepped up when they saw me trying to solo my way to Crota lol. I had just gotten passed the bridge when they jumped in. Blaze got a
nother
crux. sadface

I do still need to grind out elder cipher points :|

sajj316

No, hand cannons suffer from a damage penalty on oracles, so you do less damage with them. Switch to a different primary weapon, Thorn is not a great pve gun.

Machine guns and shotguns are really good for killing oracles.

On Relic holder sections, Super Good Advice is amazing. However, I like to have my Ice Breaker ready for Aetheon so I just go with Corrective Measure or VoC.

Are you guys accepting clan members? I've literally got my original Destiny GAF clan who I think I might be the only member of now! lol

We sure are, you're a great PvP player and I had a lot of fun shoulder charging strike bosses with you
but still no Hopscotch
I won't be on Destiny for some time due to RL stuff but the clan seems pretty lively. Send me a request and I'll accept in a couple of mins.

Sons of Mithras

All done, still No Crux. Blaze, Gaz, and Gong stepped up when they saw me trying to solo my way to Crota lol. I had just gotten passed the bridge when they jumped in. Blaze got a
nother
crux. sadface

I have as many cruxes as I have Aaru's Passage shaders ;)
Hi Gong and Ruthles

Anticipate spending tons of motes, glimmer, and weapon parts on a good fulcrum roll. The best roll is Smallbore, LiTC, and Final Round.

Edit .. Top of page. So excited!

WixmFYt.gif

That's the roll I have on my red hand, pretty good but I always seem to go back to TLW. Granted I'm mediocre at best in crucible.

LiK

Got two damn Foils and Timepieces from VoG in the last few days. They'd rather give me those rare drops over Hawkmoon, lol

nOoblet16

1. Hand Cannons have a damage penalty against Oracles. Don't ask me why, Bungie is strange like that.
2. All of the VoG weapons (like Vision of Confluence or Found Verdict) have an Oracle Disrupter perk which deals extra damage to Oracles - I suspect your peers may have been using these.

Curiously enough, Atheon's Epilogue is the best primary in the game against Oracles. This is due to its high Rate of Fire triggering the Oracle perk more often than slower firing weapons. In general though, your best bet is to use a shotgun against Oracles. They go down super fast.

One more detail: Oracles get stronger with time. If you start shooting as soon as they spawn they'll go down far more quickly than if you wait some seconds before engaging. That's why positioning is important - if you're in place and can shoot right away when they spawn instead of having to cross a large distance, you'll waste a lot less ammo on them.

To add to this, Scouts have a damage penalty to oracles as well.

I think that may change when TTK arrives both Titan and Warlock will get access to free roaming supers much like both the Gunslinger and Bladedancer do currently.

Still I welcome the variety!

i think it sucks, now all classes will be even more similar to each other.

It was the original problem too because all classes can use all weapons. Difference between a Hunter and a Titan was basically just up to which super you wanted to use. Now they are taking that away too. Boooooo.

Should have added buffing spells to Warlock for example. And class-specific weapons.

gatti-man

Also the exotic Super Good Advice is an oracle destroyer as none of your bullets count as actually hitting something so your clip lasts forever. It's a beast.

sajj316

That's the roll I have on my red hand, pretty good but I always seem to go back to TLW. Granted I'm mediocre at best in crucible.

I don't have Hawkmoon yet but do have TLW (still upgrading it). I also have Red Hand but with slightly above average rolls. Why do I need Red Hand and Fulcrum .. obsessive compulsive. I was trying to roll Her Mercy for goodness sakes until I slapped myself.

Ganhyun

So i got round to playing as all 3 characters and i feel that Titan is easily the best for PvE and Hunter is the best for PvP with warlock in-between, anyone agree?

Also can someone on X1 help me do the 32 prison of elders sometime?. We got to the last round but that thing just regenerates health and after about an hour of trying i just quit. :(

There is a list of XB1 players in the main OP. Add us. Most of us will help if we have time or are not otherwise previously committed to something.

On Relic holder sections, Super Good Advice is amazing. However, I like to have my Ice Breaker ready for Aetheon so I just go with Corrective Measure or VoC.

Do you have black hammer? Use that on Atheon. One portal kill with 10 seconds to spare on hard. Gjallarwho?

Man I'll drop everything for MGS and fallout ... CoD I'm just getting for the zombies

Same, looking forward to 2 weeks of MGS before TTK, and CoD just for Zombies.

I have as many cruxes as I have Aaru's Passage shaders ;)
Hi Gong and Ruthles

Hi. You have no power over me. :p

To add to this, Scouts have a damage penalty to oracles as well.
But the Vision of Confluence's TTK an Oracle is just a hair below the Epilogue's and the Epilogue's TTK is much longer on any regular enemy (goblins, supplicants, m-f'in Atheon, etc.)

sajj316

Do you have black hammer? Use that on Atheon. One portal kill with 10 seconds to spare on hard. Gjallarwho?

I do have Black Hammer. Never thought about using it but great point. I assume the one portal kill is with all your team members having Black Hammers, right? I can see that, especially if someone puts up a weapons of light bubble in the back overlapping the relic shield

Kyoufu

I do have Black Hammer. Never thought about using it but great point. I assume the one portal kill is with all your team members having Black Hammers, right? I can see that, especially if someone puts up a weapons of light bubble in the back overlapping the relic shield

You can get away with Ice Breaker too. One thing I don't like about using Black Hammer on Atheon is his hitbox is soooo weird.

noomi

But the Vision of Confluence's TTK an Oracle is just a hair below the Epilogue's and the Epilogue's TTK is much longer on any regular enemy (goblins, supplicants, m-f'in Atheon, etc.)

How'd you guys make out on Skolas yesterday with your buddy Andres? Get that bastard down quick?

ocean

Banned
I don't use either of those, I was just pointing out how strange it is that a pea shooter AE can actually be good at something :p

I'm all about Black Hammer + Super Good Advice. Love that loadout for Templar/Atheon! But what's nice is that there's tons of viable loadouts. Snipers, shotguns, machine guns, rocket launchers, basically any primary...VoG is more about having a plan, you can make it work with whatever feels fun for you :)

Yup. WoL with illuminated and black hammer does 23k+ dmg on one crit.

nother
crux. sadface

Dang that sucks =/ Took me a long time to get my first Crux as well. There's always next week!

If you see me idling, pass me an invite for some PoE, I also still have some elder cipher points to grind out (2000, to be exact :'( )

ocean

Banned
Black Hammer has the highest available impact in the game (tied with Efrideet's Spear). If you don't have anybody using rockets against Atheon he should remain relatively still and allow you to chain crits. With WoL that's over 23k damage per crit, and no time lost to reloads because of White Nail. DPS madness right there. Gjallys can just sit in the bench during Atheon, it's Hammer Time.

Kyoufu

Black Hammer has the highest available impact in the game (tied with Efrideet's Spear). If you don't have anybody using rockets against Atheon he should remain relatively still and allow you to chain crits. With WoL that's over 23k damage per crit, and no time lost to reloads because of White Nail. DPS madness right there. Gjallys can just sit in the bench during Atheon, it's Hammer Time.

Rocket Launchers in VoG are pretty bad tbh.

I see people dying by their own rockets all the time because of containment. I wish they'd just use snipers instead.

noomi

Rocket Launchers in VoG are pretty bad tbh.

I see people dying by their own rockets all the time because of containment. I wish they'd just use snipers instead.

You know what's really awesome in VoG, the super good advice. It's great for detainment shield and oracles, unlimited ammo!

Haybro

So this finally happened last night!

g6QicVM.jpg

Which led to this!

6Qv34gj.jpg

All of it thanks to this great group of guys, and especially Captscience (not pictured) who was our party chat Sherpa.

fpfE5sM.jpg

It was everyone's first flawless. I almost flubbed up the last sword but managed to get in there for the final swipe, it was a huge rush when he dropped though.

Ganhyun

So this finally happened last night!

g6QicVM.jpg

Which led to this!

6Qv34gj.jpg

All of it thanks to this great group of guys, and especially Captscience (not pictured) who was our party chat Sherpa.

fpfE5sM.jpg

It was everyone's first flawless. I almost flubbed up the last sword but managed to get in there for the final swipe, it was a huge rush when he dropped though.

Congrats!

Top Bottom