• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

How'd you guys make out on Skolas yesterday with your buddy Andres? Get that bastard down quick?
I had to leave after round 3 and Icon replaced me. They got to him at around 9 but then they gave up at midnight. I tried to watch their Twitch feed and coach them a little, but it just wasn't happening. You and I could have got it done.

EDIT: True top of page! Sweaty Trials of Osiris video.

https://youtu.be/CkCBFDo1DEQ

Ikkarus

We sure are, you're a great PvP player and I had a lot of fun shoulder charging strike bosses with you
but still no Hopscotch
I won't be on Destiny for some time due to RL stuff but the clan seems pretty lively. Send me a request and I'll accept in a couple of mins.

Sons of Mithras

I have as many cruxes as I have Aaru's Passage shaders ;)
Hi Gong and Ruthles
Sorry to hear about RL issues EJ, I haven't been too active on the DGAF the past few days, hope it's not too problematic. :(

Thanks for your kind words too, I've sent a request to the clan now.

I'm still on the hunt for the Hopscotch. I've still only seen it drop once for Blaze that time. 100+ Dragon strikes now. :'(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Regarding oracles and shotguns...In the Timestream portion of the fight, aren't the oracles too far away to have effective shotty range?

Looking through my inventory on my phone, I have Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and Found Verdict. I'll start working on those for VOG runs.

Kyoufu

Regarding oracles and shotguns...In the Timestream portion of the fight, aren't the oracles too far away to have effective shotty range?

Looking through my inventory on my phone, I have Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and Found Verdict. I'll start working on those for VOG runs.

Nope, jump should close the gap if your shotgun's range stat isn't good enough.

noomi

So this finally happened last night!

Which led to this!

6Qv34gj.jpg

All of it thanks to this great group of guys, and especially Captscience (not pictured) who was our party chat Sherpa.

Woo! Congrats :)

Also captscience is a super nice guy and one of the coolest dudes around. Always so polite and helpful. *high five*

I had to leave after round 3 and Icon replaced me. They got to him at around 9 but then they gave up at midnight. I tried to watch their Twitch feed and coach them a little, but it just wasn't happening. You and I could have got it done.

Man.... that sucks. That's what I was afraid of and why I was a little hesitant to join, and you are correct we could have gotten it done... probably the whole thing in under an hour. I just didn't have it in me to spend hours in there and then leave with nothing done :|

If there's times today I might opt for one....

Man.... that sucks. That's what I was afraid of and why I was a little hesitant to join, and you are correct we could have gotten it done... probably the whole thing in under an hour. I just didn't have it in me to spend hours in there and then leave with nothing done :|

If there's times today I might opt for one....
Gaf is about helping people, fool! OPEN YOUR HEART!!!

Found verdict 2 shots both minotaurs and oracles on hard.

Sorry to hear about RL issues EJ, I haven't been too active on the DGAF the past few days, hope it's not too problematic. :(

Thanks for your kind words too, I've sent a request to the clan now.

I'm still on the hunt for the Hopscotch. I've still only seen it drop once for Blaze that time. 100+ Dragon strikes now. :'(

It's about some agreements, graduate just in time or not and being in the lead position for a PhD. It will be a very stressful period, but I'll return to Destiny in about 2 weeks I think.
I just accepted the request, welcome! Also added you to the PSN group chat where members LFG and post their shenanigans. Feel free to leave it but it might come in handy.

I'll resume my Hopscotch grind in 2 weeks then, hope you have one by that time. Or actually maybe not, otherwise I have to farm alone :(

Shito

Regarding the Atheon loadout, I run VoC / BH / Horn.
SGA is the most broken weapon to kill oracles with, but VoC can get the job done just as well, if only a bit slower, so I prefer keeping the Horn for a very specific reason: killing the minotaur on Venus. I feel like this option is way more useful than killing the oracles a few seconds faster.

... I so love the fact that we can discuss loadouts for VoG, and that there is not only ONE optimal option like there is for CE... ^^

noomi

... I so love the fact that we can discuss loadouts for VoG, and that there is not only ONE optimal option like there is for CE... ^^

Yup! Everyone has their own style. I always change mine up, but below is what I typically have on me

VoG Loadouts:
Spire/Oracles/Templar: fatebringer, found verdict, and ghorn
Gakekeeper: fatebringer, black hammer, ghorn
Atheon: vision, black hammer, super good advice

Crota Loadouts:
Abyss: Mida, black hammer, ghorn
Bridge: fatebringer, black hammer, ghorn
Deathsinger: vision, black hammer, ghorn
Crota: red death, black hammer, hunger

Rehsa

So this finally happened last night!

g6QicVM.jpg

Which led to this!

6Qv34gj.jpg

All of it thanks to this great group of guys, and especially Captscience (not pictured) who was our party chat Sherpa.

fpfE5sM.jpg

It was everyone's first flawless. I almost flubbed up the last sword but managed to get in there for the final swipe, it was a huge rush when he dropped though.
Congrats on the new lordship!

LiK

Rocket Launchers in VoG are pretty bad tbh.

I see people dying by their own rockets all the time because of containment. I wish they'd just use snipers instead.

That's why people should jump out of the bubble to shoot. I do that all the time against Atheon these days.

Trakan

ocean

Banned
That's why people should jump out of the bubble to shoot. I do that all the time against Atheon these days.
Rockets are only good if everybody uses them. Otherwise it just makes Atheon move all over the place and people who are sniping can't land the crits.

Often everybody is sniping and this one guy is all "yo dudes step aside I got this, I have a Horn" and it just means multiple portals because total DPS goes down.

All Rockets or all Snipers = bliss. But yeah you totally have to jump out of the bubble and pray that a teammate doesn't get in your way :p fun stuff.

So I have a noob question. I just did a nightfall and everyone on the team got legendaries and exotics. Was that a really lucky game or is Nightfall basically a guaranteed purple drop? Would just grinding nightfall strikes be a good way to gear up?

Clans are used for acquiring the Strike and Raid clan trophies, but they can also be a good way to keep in touch with DGAF'ers. Not to mention a fun addition to your in-game emblem!
NeoGAF Around the World = best clan

Follow the links below, then click "Request to Join." Many clans don't require Admin approval, so you will automatically become a Member. You can then click the same link again which will now say "Set as Active Clan." There's no limit to the number of clans you can join as a Member, but you can only have one Active, in-game clan at a time. If Admin approval is required, you will receive a message on bungie.net once you are able to become an active clan member.

Clan Link: DestinyGAF
Mission Statement: The Official Clan for NeoGAF on Bungie.net - "Do Unto Others"
Founder: RAISHIN

Clan Link: GAF Raiders
Mission Statement: Bringing GAF together for Raids, Events and Crucible.
Founder: Lik

Clan Link: Shoot First Kiss Later
Mission Statement: Clan members are to enjoy the game the way they want to. Play the game and be SEXY.
Founder: Kadey

Clan Link: School of Hawk
Mission Statement: A place for followers of the Hawkmoon to come and praise the glorious Hand Cannon befitted for a god!
Founder: namikaze1

Clan Link: NeoGAF Around the World
Mission Statement: Gamers from around the world unite in all Destiny activities. Representing the global reach of the NeoGaf Destiny Community, 33 countries and counting!
Founder: Boguester aka DrDrizzay101

Clan Link: Sons of Mithras
Mission Statement: PvE/PvP clan from The Netherlands, UK and USA. Most of us hang out in the Destiny Official Thread at NeoGAF.
Founder: EJRobinson90

Clan Link: Team Epic Sax
Mission Statement: EPIC SAX GUY IS LIFE. EPIC SAX GUY IS LOVE.
Founder: firehawk12

Clan Link: Gjallarhorny Fartbringers
Mission Statement: Yes. Those are real guns in Destiny. Why do you ask?
Founder: Phaethon0017

Clan Link: Muppet Labs
Mission Statement: In the name of science, we shall wipe, wipe and wipe again.
Founder: Feorax

Clan Link: Sword Wielders
Mission Statement: Get Sword > Call volley > Clench buttcheeks > Slash crota
Founder: Dhruv Hanom

Clan Link: RaidGAF
Mission Statement: For GAF members interested in doing the more difficult and more rewarding PvE content in the game.
Founder: afrodeeziyak (Retired)

Deku Tree

Clans are used for acquiring the Strike and Raid clan trophies, but they can also be a good way to keep in touch with DGAF'ers. Not to mention a fun addition to your in-game emblem!

Follow the links below, then click "Request to Join." Many clans don't require Admin approval, so you will automatically become a Member. You can then click the same link again which will now say "Set as Active Clan." There's no limit to the number of clans you can join as a Member, but you can only have one Active, in-game clan at a time. If Admin approval is required, you will receive a message on bungie.net once you are able to become an active clan member.

Mission Statement: The Official Clan for NeoGAF on Bungie.net - "Do Unto Others"

Mission Statement: Clan members are to enjoy the game the way they want to. Play the game and be SEXY.

Mission Statement: A place for followers of the Hawkmoon to come and praise the glorious Hand Cannon befitted for a god!

Mission Statement: Gamers from around the world unite in all Destiny activities. Representing the global reach of the NeoGaf Destiny Community, 33 countries and counting!

Mission Statement: PvE/PvP clan from The Netherlands, UK and USA. Most of us hang out in the Destiny Official Thread at NeoGAF.

Mission Statement: For GAF members interested in doing the more difficult and more rewarding PvE content in the game.

Some of those are impossible to get into right? Like RaidGAF and DestinyGAF? I thought that The former is full and both require admin approval but have no active admins?

Hyun Sai

So I have a noob question. I just did a nightfall and everyone on the team got legendaries and exotics. Was that a really lucky game or is Nightfall basically a guaranteed purple drop? Would just grinding nightfall strikes be a good way to gear up?

You can also get one legendary weapon engram, several strange coins, and one etheric light.

It's all random.

Adding the Sons of Mithras to the clan list became a slightly bigger job than anticipated since the post linked in the OP was from a closed thread I couldn't edit. So I decided to spruce it up a bit and maybe give a little context for why people might want to join one clan or another (using the clans' bungie.net mission statements).

I listed then in approximate order of the membership #, except for Afro's clan since he's been "retired" forever and it didn't seem very active. If anybody wants to have their clan added, please let me know before the end of this OT since it will be very easy to update... until this thread is closed.

Homeboyd

For the Xboners:

Clan Link: Bad to the Xbone
Mission Statement: "Where limited content becomes even more limited."
Founder:
Homeboyd

Deku Tree

Adding the Sons of Mithras to the clan list became a slightly bigger job than anticipated since the post linked in the OP was from a closed thread I couldn't edit. So I decided to spruce it up a bit and maybe give a little context for why people might want to join one clan or another (using the clans' bungie.net mission statements).

I listed then in approximate order of the membership #, except for Afro's clan since he's been "retired" forever and it didn't seem very active. If anybody wants to have their clan added, please let me know before the end of this OT since it will be very easy to update... until this thread is closed.

Not sure if you noticed my last post or not... but sometimes people post in the OT saying I just requested to join "RaidGAF" and/or "DestinyGAF" and I am waiting for admin approval and then people
like sometimes me
have to explain them that those clans have no active admins so they will likely never get approved.

If this is correct then it might be useful to explain in your post that these are inactive clans that are hard or impossible to join.

Not sure if you noticed my last post or not... but sometimes people post in the OT saying I just requested to join "RaidGAF" and/or "DestinyGAF" and I am waiting for admin approval and then people
like sometimes me
have to explain them that those clans have no active admins so they will likely never get approved.

If this is correct then it might be useful to explain in your post that these are inactive clans that are hard or impossible to join.

Even if you join, the clan limit of 75 was reached long ago, so you won't be able to get the clan tag under your name. Just join any of the other clans than haven't reached the 75 clanmates quota

DGAF, GAF raiders and Raid GAF - no point in joining now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Some of those are impossible to get into right? Like RaidGAF and DestinyGAF? I thought that The former is full and both require admin approval but have no active admins?

I'm an admin on DestinyGAF. The issue was the member count limitations so we had to break it down into sub clans like GAF NA 1 etc. Bungie has a fairly low cap on clan member limit.

Deku Tree

Even if you join, the clan limit of 75 was reached long ago, so you won't be able to get the clan tag under your name. Just join any of the other clans than haven't reached the 75 clanmates quota

Yeah that was part of my point. People still join and wait to be admitted and have no clue about this and it needs to be explained to them in the OT many time. so it might be useful to point it out in the post.

noomi

I'm an admin on DestinyGAF. The issue was the member count limitations so we had to break it down into sub clans like GAF NA 1 etc. Bungie has a fairly low cap on clan member limit.

I never understood this cap, why even have it in the first place? :(

why bungie, why?!

ocean

Banned
DGAF EU 4 represent.
Damn pre launch hype was so so real :p

Even if they can't become Active clan mates, afaik people could still join as a Member since there aren't restrictions on that amount. DestinyGAF still has people posting on their clan page as recently as yesterday. I think Members could still use it for LFG even if they can't become Active clan mates.

Raid GAF might very well be dead despite having 3600 members. Part of the reason I included them is to see if there are active members here that want them included. Otherwise I'll probably delete them to simplify the list down to people who are still playing the game and involved with DGAF.

edit: for example...

Yeah I remember those crazy geographic sub clans. I was GAF NA EAST 2 or something, lol. I'll be happy to keep DestinyGAF included assuming you want it in the list.

LiK

Rockets are only good if everybody uses them. Otherwise it just makes Atheon move all over the place and people who are sniping can't land the crits.

Often everybody is sniping and this one guy is all "yo dudes step aside I got this, I have a Horn" and it just means multiple portals because total DPS goes down.

All Rockets or all Snipers = bliss. But yeah you totally have to jump out of the bubble and pray that a teammate doesn't get in your way :p fun stuff.

I just head to the front or just stick to the side near the portals.

E92 M3

Man, rain almost every day. Rain, humid, more rain, humid - this weather fucking blows. Summer here is the worst fucking season.

Deku Tree

Even if they can't become Active clan mates, afaik people could still join as a Member since there aren't restrictions on that amount. DestinyGAF still has people posting on their clan page as recently as yesterday. I think Members could still use it for LFG even if they can't become Active clan mates.

Raid GAF might very well be dead despite having 3600 members. Part of the reason I included them is to see if there are active members here that want them included. Otherwise I'll probably delete them to simplify the list down to people who are still playing the game and involved with DGAF.

edit: for example...

Yeah I remember those crazy geographic sub clans. I was GAF NA EAST 2 or something, lol. I'll be happy to keep DestinyGAF included assuming you want it in the list.

Possible that I don't know how to read the posts on the clan page but on DestinyGAF the three most recent posts are March 4, before that Feb 27, and before that Sept 22, 2014.

On RaidGAF there are more recent LFG posts one from July 4, then a few on June 30. Sometimes I wonder if people actually find people to play with by posting on these clan pages at all though.

I am not saying take the clans off the list. That may or may not be a good idea but it's not my suggestion.

My suggestion is the following: Add a sentence somewhere in your clan list post pointing out that people "can't become Active clan mates of these clans but they can still join as a Member".

I suggest this because you often find several people posting in the OT saying they tried to join these clans are are waiting for admin approval.

If you don't think this is necessary that's fine. I wanted to try to clarify my point though because in all these posts it didn't sound to me like anyone responded to my specific suggestion.

In general I really like the clan lists and I appreciate the effort that goes into making it and all the rest of the things in the OP. The Destiny OP is really fantastic.

DGAF, GAF raiders and Raid GAF - no point in joining now.

Yup.

noomi

Man, rain almost every day. Rain, humid, more rain, humid - this weather fucking blows. Summer here is the worst fucking season.

It's been the same here the the last few days, and looks like it will continue though the weekend. I'm traveling to the Bahamas next week, and I'm hoping the weather there is much nicer :D

And yes.... I'm brigning my vita... because I ain't missin' no Xursday goods

E92 M3

Add me on XB1 if you haven't already. gt: flkraven

I've got 3 x 34s and play most nights

Will do; I'm Trance Addix.

It's been the same here the the last few days, and looks like it will continue though the weekend. I'm traveling to the Bahamas next week, and I'm hoping the weather there is much nicer :D

And yes.... I'm brigning my vita... because I ain't missin' no Xursday goods

Haha lucky you. Play Destiny on the beach.

Gammacide

Just helped an IRL buddy get his first Skolas down yesterday. We did it in two tries. Nothing too bad and no lightswitch.
I feel the opposite. During lightswitch we did it in one shot. Just tried it this week and round 4 took 45 minutes before we have up as I had to go to work. Not sure why it seemed so tough.

Ladies of Strong Back needs some love. :p

Hyun Sai

If the relic holder is putting his back facing Atheon (looking at the entrance door) and the others go behind his back, you can shoot rocket safely staying in the bubble.

Some guy I grouped with told us to keep this to ourselves, but FUCK this mentality.

Nighte

I feel the opposite. During lightswitch we did it in one shot. Just tried it this week and round 4 took 45 minutes before we have up as I had to go to work. Not sure why it seemed so tough.

Sucks I failed when we only had those two mobs left.
Would have saved us from being stuck there.
Those captains during the round with specialist buff were really stupid...
Strange tho as the specialist buff didnt really seem like a buff...no big dmg bonus at all..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
15 pages eh? Was there news or something? This is my 4th post in this thread. You guys are out of control. I can only imagine that tTK is going to crash GAF.

So I'm thinking that when I get back from my trip at the end of the month... I'd like to try for a Flawless run of VoG with no cheese. I hope I can round some people in here to do so.

Found Verdict is more than capable as an oracle killer!

Top Bottom