• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

SpecX

Well that sucked. Went into trials and our group win our first match. I Did a victory dance since it was the best we've ever done as a team and got crushed the next 5 rounds in a row with the entire rival team tea bagging me because of my dance:(

rc213

Well that sucked. Went into trials and our group win our first match. I Did a victory dance since it was the best we've ever done as a team and got crushed the next 5 rounds in a row with the entire rival team tea bagging me because of my dance:(

Don't feel too bad, I've played around 10 cards and the best I've done is 3 wins because of the boons. It's brutal, I think i forget to change my play style from Crucible where I'm semi-good. Sometimes i won't even fire a shot in a round. Derp....

lt519

Well, first person through Skolas School. Cruised through to Skolas and hit a brick wall for a few rounds, had some unlucky draws with mines appearing super fast but it finally cooperated. No hunters didn't help for the mine section. Thanks HidingMyThunder for joining in. Next run will likely be one more Thursday night and then most of the weekend we'll bang this out.

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
4. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
5. KINGofCRA5H-
6. Nightzoor
7. Reluctant-hero
8. matmanx1
9. DeviantBoi
10. Dark1421

Landed a Solar Aegis of the Kell II, just need that elemental Wolfslayer's Claw now. Elder Cipher for Sengar.

darknil

Well, first person through Skolas School. Cruised through to Skolas and hit a brick wall for a few rounds, had some unlucky draws with mines appearing super fast but it finally cooperated. No hunters didn't help for the mine section. Thanks HidingMyThunder for joining in. Next run will likely be one more Thursday night and then most of the weekend we'll bang this out.

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
5. KINGofCRA5H-
6. Nightzoor
7. Reluctant-hero
8. matmanx1
9. DeviantBoi
10. Dark1421

Landed a Solar Aegis of the Kell II, just need that elemental Wolfslayer's Claw now. Elder Cipher for Sengar.

Would love to be part of Skolas school. I have a 34 Sunsinger with agi boost (boots) for hive and armor boost (chest) for vex. Don't have a lot of exotic armors, tough I have a Horn maxed.

Nitsuj23

I just came back to Destiny after a long hiatus. I've been playing Crucible a lot, but recently unlocked PoE and wouldn't mind giving it a try. I'm level 31. I can't believe they don't have in-game matchmaking for that. If anyone wants to give it a go, I'd be down (on PS4).

Am I correct in that there are three versions with each increasing in difficulty? I keep seeing people say 28, 32, and 34... but would I be able to do the 32 version at level 31? Not sure how I'd get to 34 without doing the 34 version as level 33.

The PvE and leveling, especially at the end of the spectrum, is kind of confusing to me. Hopefully it clears itself up the more I play. I've done the Weekly Heroic Strike (lvl 30 version) the past two weeks and it's surprisingly fun. It's actually my first time doing strikes at all. I've heard PoE is the best way to gear up, looking to do that so I can try the raids.

Edit: Oh, and what level should I start doing Trials? I purchased my ticket, but haven't tried it out yet. Seems like only level 34 people are doing it on group finder sites.

MrDaravon

Thanks so much to ReignofSparrows, lastsonkrypt9n, PrivateWHudson & ms1582 for carrying me and Bolter11 me through our first run on VoG Normal and Reign & ms for carrying me through Crota Normal. Got the boots/gloves/Hunter of Crota from Crota and I did get the Vision of Confluence from VoG so I'm pretty happy about that. Everyone was super nice, and now that I've finally done them it's not nearly so intimidating. Now I've got to to them again on Normal on my other 2 characters to unlock Hard, then I'll need to run them every week for a while on all my characters since I have no gear >_>. Thanks again! Gonna be dead at work tomorrow but totally worth it lol.

SGRX

Just want to say thanks to lt519 and HidingMyThunder for the Skolas run. It's really nice of you guys to be doing this for people. Overall I thought the Skolas encounter was a lot of fun - the lightswitch mod adds a nice element of tension to the fights, and I'm glad to have been able to complete it before the reset.

The only downside: Now I have to actually go out and finish those golden chests.

You got this!

JUST DO IT

Fucking finally! This is the REAL moment of triumph for me, obtain 500 void kill points!

shia-_just_do_it.0.gif

lt519

Just want to say thanks to lt519 and HidingMyThunder for the Skolas run. It's really nice of you guys to be doing this for people. Overall I thought the Skolas encounter was a lot of fun - the lightswitch mod adds a nice element of tension to the fights, and I'm glad to have been able to complete it before the reset.

The only downside: Now I have to actually go out and finish those golden chests.

Uploading the video now, the panic that hits our voices when a melee captain charges up the ramp when we have Skolas at 10% is priceless. You did awesome, by no means is this a carrying thing like ToO, we're just showing people the ropes and helping put in the time to get it done. If you want to pay it forward this weekend and help with some more runs it'd be good karma! This weekend will be monumentally easier without lightswitch as well.

LTWood12

Thanks so much to ReignofSparrows, lastsonkrypt9n, PrivateWHudson & ms1582 for carrying me and Bolter11 me through our first run on VoG Normal and Reign & ms for carrying me through Crota Normal. Got the boots/gloves/Hunter of Crota from Crota and I did get the Vision of Confluence from VoG so I'm pretty happy about that. Everyone was super nice, and now that I've finally done them it's not nearly so intimidating. Now I've got to to them again on Normal on my other 2 characters to unlock Hard, then I'll need to run them every week for a while on all my characters since I have no gear >_>. Thanks again! Gonna be dead at work tomorrow but totally worth it lol.

Fucking finally! This is the REAL moment of triumph for me, obtain 500 void kill points!

shia-_just_do_it.0.gif

Congrats to each and everyone one of you for accomplishing all of these firsts! Love seeing all of these posts right in a row.

This community is awesome. Wish I had the time right now to be a part of these Sherpa sessions with folks like lt519, reign, and private. Once the whole new baby thing gets settled I can't wait to help some of you newbies complete the end game stuff, and get your sweet sweet raid loot.

moris

No problem. Enjoy your loot! I'm always happy to help out with full run raids (without the cheese). :)

I'm going to be dead at work too tomorrow, gotta be up in less than 5 hours and I'm still not sleeping yet.

Samphire

Neo Member

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
5. KINGofCRA5H-
6. Nightzoor
7. Reluctant-hero
8. matmanx1
9. DeviantBoi
10. Dark1421

I would love to run Skolas if you have time. I can bring a sunsinger or defender titan, and once I run tomorrow's bounties I should have Fatebringer and Found Verdict at 365. PSN is Samphire

LTWood12

Here's the video of T-44 getting the Hawkmoon from his point of view. Start from about the 1 minute mark. We've been playing together since launch, and after 6 weeks worth of in game hours, he finally got the one exotic that would never drop. His reaction is priceless.

http://youtu.be/CBmNJlLsGS8

SGRX

Uploading the video now, the panic that hits our voices when a melee captain charges up the ramp when we have Skolas at 10% is priceless. You did awesome, by no means is this a carrying thing like ToO, we're just showing people the ropes and helping put in the time to get it done. If you want to pay it forward this weekend and help with some more runs it'd be good karma! This weekend will be monumentally easier without lightswitch as well.

Count me in. I'm happy to tag along if you need a third for a Skolas run (or runs) this weekend. It would be great to have a chance to give something back to the community by helping others get one of their remaining triumphs.

Congrats to each and everyone one of you for accomplishing all of these firsts! Love seeing all of these posts right in a row.

This community is awesome.

This x10. DGAF really is the best community I've been a part of.

Posted?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...oilerdiscussionbig_things_are_coming_for_the/

Reddit thread on "leaked" info for taken king and the next big destiny release, unconfirmed. Spoilers if true etc...

Seems reasonable right up until...

Bungie apparently stated that they are not going to continue with DLC's, but instead release free raids, planets, etc. as DLC's.

I dont see that happening.

I am waiting for them to announce the Expansion Pass 2 for TTK.

How about this hopscotch?

Red dot ORS1
third eye
Single point sling
Secret round

That combo seems appealing, I can't decide if I should keep rolling, wasted so many notes and parts already

maomaoIYP

Red dot ORS1
third eye
Single point sling
Secret round

That combo seems appealing, I can't decide if I should keep rolling, wasted so many notes and parts already

What's the 3rd perk at the bottom? You want that to max your stability. No deal for anything else.

Posted?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...oilerdiscussionbig_things_are_coming_for_the/

Reddit thread on "leaked" info for taken king and the next big destiny release, unconfirmed. Spoilers if true etc...

Free DLC thing could be true, especially seeing as there's currently nothing being leaked/hinted at for a season pass and the general incompleteness of "Vex Void" and "Forge of Gods" on that old leaked powerpoint slide. Everything else is plausible until made implausible, I guess.

Red dot ORS1
third eye
Single point sling
Secret round

Always - red dot, reload perk, braced, hidden hand. Replace the reload for third eye if thats your play style

Though rerolling for the perceived perfect perks just plays into confirmation bias, I doubt they really make "that" much difference, not that I'm willing to test it out as I must have the perfect rolls

maomaoIYP

Always - red dot, reload perk, braced, hidden hand. Replace the reload for third eye if thats your play style

Though rerolling for the perceived perfect perks just plays into confirmation bias, I doubt they really make "that" much difference, not that I'm willing to test it out as I must have the perfect rolls

I bought three 55a-allfates just to test out the different perks! I settled for third eye, hand-laid stock and headseeker. This was what I was using last night on trials. Actually as long as you have max stability, most of the other perk combinations are ok like you said.

Top Bottom