• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Rizzi

I understand why the raids don't have matchmaking, but it still kind of sucks that you can't just hit a button and do the thing without having to find five other people first.

noomi

I haven't quite figured out the role that sidearms are intended to serve in the sandbox. I spent this morning doing some activities with Dreg's Promise. I like that it's unique - the three shot burst surprised me - but every time I was using it, I found myself wishing I had a shotgun out instead. The effective range is just too short to be very versatile. At this point it might be the only of the PoE exotics I level and then park in the vault.

It's not a great weapon at all sadly, I remember when people were very excited by the new weapon type and they ended up being pretty "meh".

I leveled mine up and it's been in the vault ever since cause.... you know... I'm a collector :p

Dave_6

Congrats! Hate that I missed this. Simon did not seem interested in me getting to play much tonight. Cried for 2 solid hours. I want to do flawless soon.

Managed 2 nightfalls and a 34 PoE. Man the 34 is an absolute cakewalk.

Got my second dragons breath of the week (lol), and a Monte Carlo (I've lost count).

Thanks LT! So glad I got this done, and with an awesome group! I also finally got the trophy for "complete a strike with all the same clan" afterwards thanks to captscience and Haybro!

So this finally happened last night!

g6QicVM.jpg

Which led to this!

6Qv34gj.jpg

All of it thanks to this great group of guys, and especially Captscience (not pictured) who was our party chat Sherpa.

fpfE5sM.jpg

It was everyone's first flawless. I almost flubbed up the last sword but managed to get in there for the final swipe, it was a huge rush when he dropped though.

Congrats on the Guardian Lord, and also thanks for your (and the rest of the group) help!

One more trophy for me and I can finally join the DGAF Guardian Lords!

Trakan

I haven't quite figured out the role that sidearms are intended to serve in the sandbox. I spent this morning doing some activities with Dreg's Promise. I like that it's unique - the three shot burst surprised me - but every time I was using it, I found myself wishing I had a shotgun out instead. The effective range is just too short to be very versatile. At this point it might be the only of the PoE exotics I level and then park in the vault.

That's fair, but there's nothing Lord of Wolves or the Bow can do that legendary shotguns/snipers can't do better all while not taking up an exotic slot.

Namikaze1

Decided to just preorder the damn Taken King. Was thinking of holding off till late August/early September but I had money to spend.

That's fair, but there's nothing Lord of Wolves or the Bow can do that legendary shotguns/snipers can't do better all while not taking up an exotic slot.

Yea, I love my Lord of Wolves, but Fourth Horseman is way better, and tbh, so is a 365 Found Verdict.

Thanks for going through the trouble to add new clans Drizzay! OT work is hard work indeed ;)

Also, I like the additional mission statement, will make it easier for folks to decide what clan they want to be a part of. Gives it a more personal touch.

That being said, the easiest way to decide on a clan is... actually play with us!

PS
As EJ will be out for some time, I'll be handling admin duties. If anyone wants to join, you might want to PM me on GAF, because I hardly go on the Bungie site otherwise. (could add this to clan info as well, is possible).

Hyun Sai

This is why I don't expect much in the future if we got people at Bungie desiging EXOTIC weapons much weaker than their legendary counterparts.

It's not even bad weapon balancing, it's lacking any common sense.

That being said, the easiest way to decide on a clan is... actually play with us!

PS
As EJ will be out for some time, I'll be handling admin duties. If anyone wants to join, you might want to PM me on GAF, because I hardly go on the Bungie site otherwise. (could add this to clan info as well, is possible).

Definitely true! Most of the people who joined up did this after having raided with us back in the day or more recently after playing some Trials.
I'll try to keep doing leader stuff like accepting people but I've indeed promoted Tears for admin stuff for when I'm not available. I'm just the leader because the rest was too lazy to make a clan, let alone come up with a name XD

ocean

Banned
Haven't played in about a week and now I'm back home :) sad part: lost my headphones on vacays so no mic. I can still listen though! I know that's a terrible handicap because it's no fun playing mute but:

Anyone up for Skolas?

You and galavita - your Skolas kill is on me. Tomorrow good for you both?

That would be an honor! I'll check with Gala, but that works fine for me.

PS

The way things are going, we don't need to recruit anymore anyway. Great players keep finding us first :p

This is why I don't expect much in the future if we got people at Bungie desiging EXOTIC weapons much weaker than their legendary counterparts.

It's not even bad weapon balancing, it's lacking any common sense.

I don't mind the idea of Bungie designing exotic weapons that are weaker but are unique in how they function. Several are quite fun to use and fool around with. For as shitty as NLB may be, it's added some amusing color to the game.

The problem is that they should also be releasing exotics that are viable alternatives to the highest powered weapons.

Homeboyd

Sweet, just joined as Rice151, although why are there 5 clanmates, but ~70 members? Is there a difference?
Yeah, I just now activated the clan feature for Xbox (I was a member of another clan and it won't let you activate a new one until you leave your current one and activate the new one). There's 70 members in the "group" but only 5 in the clan since I literally just turned it on. No effect either way. Use the groups chat wall function on b.net to set up raid groups, etc... clan feature is only useful for some achievements. Does nothing else other than put the clan name on your nameplate in-game.

deadduck

I understand why the raids don't have matchmaking, but it still kind of sucks that you can't just hit a button and do the thing without having to find five other people first.

I had a 28 poe where two were AFK, we had to wait the Max time after every round. New round they run in the room then stand still. I left. The next game I went into one guy was terrible, the other just killed himself with rockets.

Destiny would be unplayable with matchmaking if idiots can't be trusted to play a 28. I don't want to see it added to 32/34/35, nightfall or trials. A raid would be hell.

I don't mind the idea of Bungie designing exotic weapons that are weaker but are unique in how they function. Several are quite fun to use and fool around with. For as shitty as NLB may be, it's added some amusing color to the game.

The problem is that they should also be releasing exotics that are viable alternatives for highest powered weapons.

I totally agree with the unique aspect of exotics. They should all have a place where they are the absolute best choice. Especially with PoE modifiers being a thing. Let's make the vestiage dynasty exotic. Now make "small arms" buff it. Balance it to stop a Capitan in it's tracks to the point of being OP. All of a sudden, the work to get that exotic made last week's skolas a bit more bearable.

Nighte

I had a 28 poe where two were AFK, we had to wait the Max time after every round. New round they run in the room then stand still. I left. The next game I went into one guy was terrible, the other just killed himself with rockets.

Destiny would be unplayable with matchmaking if idiots can't be trusted to play a 28.

Should still be an option to use matchmaking if you want. 4 out of 5 runs for me are with nice good ppl. They should just make the reporting system block offenders from using mm.

GhaleonEB

Those both have some unique attributes, though. With the Bow, the dual scope means it's much more versatile than most snipers. I actually prefer sniper rifles with short range scopes so I can use them in medium distance encounters, or even close range. So the alternate scope that brings the Bow down to pretty short range, with high accuracy, is great. I sometimes use it in encounters where I might be using a pulse rifle instead. Plus it carries a lot of ammo, far more than any sniper rifle not called Ice Breaker. It doesn't deal as much damage as snipers, but it can still serve the same function with the long range scope. I think it's a nice, highly versatile hybrid weapon, nestled between a sniper and a fusion rifle. Not essential, but at the least I have fun with it because it can be used in a lot of situations and feels really unique.

Lord of Wolves is similar in that its a hybrid of sorts. The fact that it fires five high powered shots in a straight line means it's good for taking out groups of enemies that are lined up. It's excellent for plowing through packs of dregs and thralls - taking out 2-3 at a time if they are lined up, or if you sweep fire. And like the Bow, it carries a lot of ammo. But what really makes LoW stand out over a legendary shotgun is the reload; it reloads like a rifle, not a shotgun. I didn't realize how useful that was until the last few nights when I demolished a few PoE runs with it. With a shotgun you can deal huge damage....and sometimes find yourself standing toe to toe with guys while frantically plugging shells back into the gun. With LoW you're a half second away from firing six more very high impact rounds; it's a monster during Cabal PoE rounds. The rapid reload is a huge advantage when running CQC, enough that I think it warrants the exotic slot. Plus, it's just fun to use.

My Hunter uses 4th Horseman, so I've given Lord of Wolves to my Warlock to use in similar situations, and I've found it to be nearly as powerful but also more versatile. Just 2-3 shots to take down reaver captains. Both LoW and the Bow are getting heavy use on my current builds.

I want to like Dreg's Promise but I just can't figure out a use for it.

Hyun Sai

The problem with matchmaking is it needs to be on activities that can be done without even thinking for it to work. In short, catering to the masses.

That's why none of the bosses of PoE 28 got any mechanics of the 32+ ones.

But those who ask matchmaking for raids (especially what I see in the gaming section) are really out of their minds.

What is missing is a competent in-game search tool.

WipedOut

Had an Ash factory fall the other week and after 221 motes many weapons parts later I finally got a god roll.

Capture.png

Warhead Verniers / Hard Launch
Tripod
Javelin
Grenade & Horseshoes

Is it just me or is there a massive influx of new players lately. Whether I am out on patrol or in crucible I am seeing a lot of sub 20 guardians with low grimoire (sub 1500).

I imagine all those rage quitters in Crucible are new/returning players who can't deal with Shot Package/Thorns. :3

A lot of them are.

Playing Clash the other day, 4 players left and left me and another guy to deal with a team of 6.

I kept playing despite my k/d sucking until the other team started dancing and teabagging after every kill. That's when I left. I fucking hate quitters.

EL CUCO

Is it just me or is there a massive influx of new players lately. Whether I am out on patrol or in crucible I am seeing a lot of sub 20 guardians with low grimoire (sub 1500).
Definitely. TTK hype, I imagine.

Alot of new characters on regular/older players as well.

Rizzi

Matchmaking barely works for the Weekly Heroic lol.
I get it. I got matched in to an empty weekly heroic earlier.

Ever had a 5 hour raid?

KQL7U.gif

Destiny would be unplayable with matchmaking if idiots can't be trusted to play a 28. I don't want to see it added to 32/34/35, nightfall or trials. A raid would be hell.

I know why it's not a thing. Like mmo's most pugs are full of borderline sentient people. Like the guy in the strike I did earlier who did nothing but hide behind a wall while myself and the other player did all the work.
But lacking the option is kind of shitty.

Definitely true! Most of the people who joined up did this after having raided with us back in the day or more recently after playing some Trials.
I'll try to keep doing leader stuff like accepting people but I've indeed promoted Tears for admin stuff for when I'm not available. I'm just the leader because the rest was too lazy to make a clan, let alone come up with a name XD

Dogface Bros is still the better name!

That would be an honor! I'll check with Gala, but that works fine for me.

The way things are going, we don't need to recruit anymore anyway. Great players keep finding us first :p

Haha true, its still funny how Cyberpunk joined the clan.

Hyun Sai

With a shotgun you can deal huge damage....and sometimes find yourself standing toe to toe with guys while frantically plugging shells back into the gun.

Do you use the hipfire reload stop technique with the Shotguns ? It lessens a lot this problem.

I also thought the Lord of Wolves was worth it, but after seeing the Hobgoblins putting their shield after the first bullet and nullify the weapon, I said fuck it lol.

Thanks for going through the trouble to add new clans Drizzay! OT work is hard work indeed ;)

Also, I like the additional mission statement, will make it easier for folks to decide what clan they want to be a part of. Gives it a more personal touch.

PS

Wanna PoE 34 sometime today? Need it for grimoire purposes as well as Cipher points.

LTWood12

15 pages eh? Was there news or something? This is my 4th post in this thread. You guys are out of control. I can only imagine that tTK is going to crash GAF.

So I'm thinking that when I get back from my trip at the end of the month... I'd like to try for a Flawless run of VoG with no cheese. I hope I can round some people in here to do so.

Found Verdict is more than capable as an oracle killer!

I'll be there.

Kyoufu

I noticed this as well. There seems be a lot of sub level 20's in PVP lately. I see level 5, 9, 15, etc a lot.

Well I think people have been catching on the fact that PVP leveling is awesome and less painful than PVE leveling, especially when you're at it solo.

Trakan

Those both have some unique attributes, though. With the Bow, the dual scope means it's much more versatile than most snipers. I actually prefer sniper rifles with short range scopes so I can use them in medium distance encounters, or even close range. So the alternate scope that brings the Bow down to pretty short range, with high accuracy, is great. I sometimes use it in encounters where I might be using a pulse rifle instead. Plus it carries a lot of ammo, far more than any sniper rifle not called Ice Breaker. It doesn't deal as much damage as snipers, but it can still serve the same function with the long range scope. I think it's a nice, highly versatile hybrid weapon, nestled between a sniper and a fusion rifle. Not essential, but at the least I have fun with it because it can be used in a lot of situations and feels really unique.

Lord of Wolves is similar in that its a hybrid of sorts. The fact that it fires five high powered shots in a straight line means it's good for taking out groups of enemies that are lined up. It's excellent for plowing through packs of dregs and thralls - taking out 2-3 at a time if they are lined up, or if you sweep fire. And like the Bow, it carries a lot of ammo. But what really makes LoW stand out over a legendary shotgun is the reload; it reloads like a rifle, not a shotgun. I didn't realize how useful that was until the last few nights when I demolished a few PoE runs with it. With a shotgun you can deal huge damage....and sometimes find yourself standing toe to toe with guys while frantically plugging shells back into the gun. With LoW you're a half second away from firing six more very high impact rounds; it's a monster during Cabal PoE rounds. The rapid reload is a huge advantage when running CQC, enough that I think it warrants the exotic slot. Plus, it's just fun to use.

My Hunter uses 4th Horseman, so I've given Lord of Wolves to my Warlock to use in similar situations, and I've found it to be nearly as powerful but also more versatile. Just 2-3 shots to take down reaver captains. Both LoW and the Bow are getting heavy use on my current builds.

I want to like Dreg's Promise but I just can't figure out a use for it.

Personally, I want every exotic to be as useful as a horn or Icebreaker. I want to think "fuck, which one do I use?"

I'm fine with it serving a singular purpose being either great in PVE or PVP. Some exotics are catered for PVP.

Top Bottom