• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Deku Tree

C'mon man lets keep it civil. You wouldn't ask someone in person "hey aren't you that guy who got fired for ____?"

You can ask for a source without making an accusation or insinuating illegitimacy.

If someone claim to post insider info again and they have done so falsely in the past then it's a legit point. Your the one not being "civil" IMO.

Liamc723

Absolutely, no worries at all! Welcome back to Destiny, it's a great time to play. I remember being completely overwhelmed when I first started, and they have just added more and more since then so I completely understand.

Let me know if you ever need any help in-game and I'll gladly join up. Cheers!

Thank you very much!

The majority of the time I'm quite a solo player, so when getting into Destiny, I was unsure of whether I'd ever really get to experience the raids. Two weeks later and I've played them both through and they're great! The community here is absolutely fantastic.

Ya know. Maybe the reason they havent announced a season pass for The Taken King is they will only be doing 1 expansion for it.

That leaked roadmap that gets posted a bunch only listed 1 expansion for Year 2 and it hasnt been terribly wrong yet.

Big Shout out to the bros that ran Crota HM last night with me

Way to tough it out lol

Glad we were able to pull through despite being a ragtag group

ocean

Banned
If someone claim to post insider info again and they have done so falsely in the past then it's a legit point. Your the one not being "civil" IMO.
I'm not suggesting your point, if you had one, wasn't "legit". Merely that you can ask for a source when something is claimed without further throwing around bans or issues because it's extremely poor taste and irrelevant.

And if you think my remarking upon your accusations was not civil, then there is little else to discuss here. Carry on.

Deku Tree

It's well established on GAF that if you want to claim to be an "insider" then you need to be right. I have never seen drubbed post verifiable new insider info that turned out to be correct.

If you don't want people to know that and you think it's in bad taste to point it out then good for you.

noomi

Ya know. Maybe the reason they havent announced a season pass for The Taken King is they will only be doing 1 expansion for it.

That leaked roadmap that gets posted a bunch only listed 1 expansion for Year 2 and it hasnt been terribly wrong yet.

I'm pretty sure year 2 will be the last for destiny, then in 2016/2017? we will start destiny 2.

I think initially micro transactions would be a financial success but theres no way it will sustain the game to any sort of level for Bungies "10 year plan"

Cosmetic items aren't going to help me complete a raid any easier, nor do I really care what my sparrow looks like, that and its a slippery slope I can easily see a pay to ascend option for you favourite weapons

Namikaze1

There were two more: Forged of Gods and a Vex one. But folks from Bungie and Jason from Kotaku confirmed that while a lot of it were real, a lot of things changed since they did that presentation behind closed doors last year.

I wonder if High Moon Studios are working on post Taken King content. I'm sure most of Bungie are focusing on "Destiny 2".

Skele7on

Banned
It's well established on GAF that if you want to claim to be an "insider" then you need to be right. I have never seen drubbed post verifiable new insider info that turned out to be correct.

If you don't want people to know that and you think it's in bad taste to point it out then good for you.

why you bringing my psn on this. Also could you simply not start an argument regarding me without actually including me, I'm not some kind of child.

Edited but here:

"Wont need it
I've heard that cosmetic micro transactions will fund dlc 4-5 and they will be free
But I'm sure you figured that out People are gonna buy the fuck out of cosmetic shit
And those who don't will just reap the benefits of free content updates
There will be no weapons Just cosmetic shit Shaders. Dances"

Nah the roadmap list Exp 3 and 4, so on that plan it would seem we will get at least two major pieces of content next year.

Skele7on

Banned
Your psn is in your public profile dude. I'm not revealing anything. I'm out of this. Said my peace.

you're mighty passive aggressive, paired with your previous comments towards me, I'd say someone has an issue, if you do, fine, just hit that ignore button, I don't have time for your sniping anyway.

There were two more: Forged of Gods and a Vex one. But folks from Bungie and Jason from Kotaku confirmed that while a lot of it were real, a lot of things changed since they did that presentation behind closed doors last year.

I wonder if High Moon Studios are working on post Taken King content. I'm sure most of Bungie are focusing on "Destiny 2".

I though Forged of Gods was Destiny 2?

Actually scratch my theroy.

Looking at the roadmap now and I was mistaken. Year 2 totally has 2 DLC's. For some reason I remembered it was 1 DLC and then Destiny 2

Deku Tree

you're mighty passive aggressive, paired with your previous comments towards me, I'd say someone has an issue, if you do, fine, just hit that ignore button, I don't have time for your sniping anyway.

I got no problem with you as I've said, I have a problem with the claimed "insider info".

ocean

Banned

Lol ok then I guess thanks for doing the community a service in announcing this grave threat and making it clear. I don't know Skeleton and I've never played with him and I didn't know he had claimed stuff before. I also don't know why you care so much. I was just pointing out that calling out bans is in poor taste; if you don't understand that, your social skills are far beyond repair within the scope of this conversation.

Good luck :)

Skele7on

Banned
I got no problem with you as I've said, I have a problem with the claimed "insider info".

Well it sure doesn't seem that way. I have actually posted a chat that I've had, we'll see how it happens won't we.

From now on I'll be sure to put a * user has been banned for being wrong in the past* on all my possible info posts.

Deku Tree

Anyone reading this thread can clearly see I'm not the one hurling around the personal attacks or making threats. They can also see that the "source" from that chat post is not working at Bungie so its third hand info or worse... People on the Internet....

MrDaravon

Now that I'm semi-awake from the Raids I got carried on last night; I got the Crota Hunter boots and gloves which are certainly better than the garbage purple gear I had before so I'll obviously use/level them up. But both rolled double Intelligence; is this desired? Does Int/Str/Dis actually do anything past where it says 100% effect?

Skele7on

Banned
Anyone reading this thread can clearly see I'm not the one hurling around the personal attacks or making threats. They can also see that the "source" from that chat post is not working at Bungie so its third hand info or worse... People on the Internet....

Did I actually throw anything? I asked simply if you had an issue, the way that you write comes across fairly aggressive, I'm not really getting anything by coming here and saying what I have heard do I? I'll get no medal or some other form of OMG sooo cool from anyone, I'm simply relaying some interesting information that actually fits what was said on the reddit thread today. The info I got was from the launch of TTK that was back at E3 so it's fairly interesting to see that the path forward maybe shifting in the way this game makes money, but because I was wrong once I get shot down even after explaining but it's fine just carry on about your day.

noomi

Do we know if our levels and items carry over to destiny 2?

Something was mentioned a while back by Bungie that we would be able to continue into the future of Destiny with our current characters. I wouldn't be able to find the source though, this was a while back.

Not sure about legendary weapons/armor.... but I would think that at least the current exotics would be able to upgrade into year 2. There are waaaaaay to many older exotics to just leave behind.... and also xbox is just about to get ps4 exclusives in September, so it would be pretty shitty if they finally get access to these exclusive weapons and then can't upgrade them to year 2.

Now that I'm semi-awake from the Raids I got carried on last night; I got the Crota Hunter boots and gloves which are certainly better than the garbage purple gear I had before so I'll obviously use/level them up. But both rolled double Intelligence; is this desired? Does Int/Str/Dis actually do anything past where it says 100% effect?

Ultimately you want everything around 70-80% With the highest stats being put into Int/Disc.

I try to hover around 180/180/180 if possible for each stat. For PvP though it's all about Int/Disc though....

Do people still do VoG?

of course, it's still very fun, especially Hard Mode and a lot of players are still missing VoG helmets, Fatebringer or Vex Mythoclast.

You'll have to brief the team and players beforehand though that you want to do it legit instead of cheesing :D

Hey guys, if in the coming days I'd ask for a group for vault of glass to take me (i have done it before) and a friend (his first time) through it,would that work out?

As in, a non cheesy,non exploit run? Just so he can see the content?

Do people still do VoG?

I am in the same boat (never done it, want to do it) and would love to do VoG some time this week if you need a extra body.

Might want some VoG vets in there though.

Like... I really dont want to spend 6 hours banging my head against it if it was a fully blind group.

Nighte

I am in the same boat (never done it, want to do it) and would love to do VoG some time this week if you need a extra body.

Might want some VoG vets in there though.

Like... I really dont want to spend 6 hours banging my head against it if it was a fully blind run.

You`re gonna love the raid.
Best experience in Destiny by far :)

ocean

Banned
How many Strikes do you think we'll get with TK?

Vanilla had 6, TDB had 2 and HoW an unbelievably disappointing 1 (Strike itself is great, I meant the number is disappointing).

I want to think at least 4-5. Am I being unrealistic?

I only did VoG once, and I stil have nightmares about the jumping puzzle or wanting to run it again. It is too much pressure when you are screwing it constantly and delaying the rest of the team. I still remember what to do with Atheon, but I have totally forgotten about the first boss with oracles.

I guess I could probably look at a lot of videos for training to find the jumping puzzle patternd and the best path for the Gorgon Maze, but damn. That was not a happy experience for me, Mythoclast or not. Not to mention the network failing all the time. Nowadays I will reset the whole network (both routers and homeplug adapters) before doing anything special, like the Nightfall.

ocean

Banned
I only did VoG once, and I stil have nightmares about the jumping puzzle or wanting to run it again. It is too much pressure when you are screwing it constantly and delaying the rest of the team. I still remember what to do with Atheon, but I have totally forgotten about the first boss with oracles.

I guess I could probably look at a lot of videos for training to find the jumping puzzle patternd and the best path for the Gorgon Maze, but damn. That was not a happy experience for me, Mythoclast or not.
Jumping puzzle easy mode:

1. Titan: using Death From Above, jump from the second platform towards the ledge and use your super. Don't aim at the ledge, aim above it (vertically) and you'll Superman crash down easily :)
2. Hunter: jump to the little cave off to the left of the initial area. Then jump out and Bladedance across.
3. Warlock: for once the floaty bullshit is handy. Just float your slow ass across.

noomi

How many Strikes do you think we'll get with TK?

Vanilla had 6, TDB had 2 and HoW an unbelievably disappointing 1 (Strike itself is great, I meant the number is disappointing).

I want to think at least 4-5. Am I being unrealistic?

I would hope at the very least 3 new strikes. I'm really psyched about the dreadnaught though, seems to be huge and have all sorts of secrets and puzzles in it.

Can't wait!

3 exotics from NF.

None of them Bones of Eao :(

Bones of Eao aka The Gjallarhorn of Armor.

I must have gotten about 5 messages while roaming around in the reef/tower about how I got mine lol.

Anybody else not going to touch Iron Lagging Banana this time around?

I probably won't but if I do it'll just be to play a few rounds. I don;t really care to much about rank or IB weapons....

MrMuscle

Jumping puzzle easy mode:

1. Titan: using Death From Above, jump from the second platform towards the ledge and use your super. Don't aim at the ledge, aim above it (vertically) and you'll Superman crash down easily :)

Or for mega fun, run into the cave on the left at the start. Run to the end, jump off and do a Superman at the entrance to Atheon. Its brilliant and the screen cant catch up so you see all kinda weird stuff.

Top Bottom