• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Namikaze1

Since both Hawkian and DJ are out for a while, I'll be up for taking the reins on Newbie Raid school. I'm gonna do the DJ approach and tell you guys nothing on what to do. You'll have to figure it out on your own. I'll be available all day today for such a thing. For now, gonna do some Nightfalls.

Edit: I'll be available all week long, just know that I'm putting time aside this weekend for a flawless hard VoG run.

E92 M3

Seems like there are TTK spoilers out - please tag all spoilers. Really trying to go in spoiler free except for what Bungie shows.

Jumping puzzle easy mode:

3. Warlock: for once the floaty bullshit is handy. Just float your slow ass across.

As far as I remember, the Floating Jump was not long enough to bypass all the disappearing platforms and I would fall half the way. I've been looking at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur1OTQnbNvM

Apparently, to skip the disappearing platforms the jump needs to be started from specific places and then stopping the glide to resume it when close?

The worst I endured was falling and ending in dead ends, with revive leaving me in the very same place instead of at the start of the puzzle. Truly horrible.

ocean

Banned
As far as I remember, the Floating Jump was not long enough to bypass all the disappearing platforms and I would fall half the way.
You can't do it from the first ledge but you don't even have to reach half the platforms. I think if you reach like the third one or something you're close enough for a floaty landing.

That said, it's Educational to learn all the platform spawns because it's ultimately the safest bet for a flawless run.

As far as I remember, the Floating Jump was not long enough to bypass all the disappearing platforms and I would fall half the way.
Jump down to the rock on the right of the entrance and you will make it. Don't hit the second jump until you fall for a second or two. There are some good videos on YT with tips and good spots to land so you won't bounce off.

You can't do it from the first ledge but you don't even have to reach half the platforms. I think if you reach like the third one or something you're close enough for a floaty landing.

That said, it's Educational to learn all the platform spawns because it's ultimately the safest bet for a flawless run.

Can nail it from the second puzzle. Just jump straight to the right and use the floaty shit to guide you into the ledge.

Also should I feel bad that I have the Bones and I didn't even want them?

Z3M0G

As mentioned in the recently locked thread, there is a set of (old) videos which do a great job of outlining Destiny's simple story plot... which is made not so simple by the game itself due to shitty presentation and intermixing of side stories.

The main story missions

After watching that video, the main story made SO MUCH MORE SENSE. And actually comes off as pretty decent to boot. The game fails to present contextual importance to the events as they happen... something that could have been easily remedied by a few more cutscenes at key moments.

The Rasputin side story

During my initial playthrough of the game, I was confused as hell because I couldn't grasp exactly what Rasputin was, and I was convinced he was the primary antagonist in the game... when really this was just a side story the entire time and completely separate from the main plot. Edit: It apparently doesn't have a satisfying conclusion? Can anyone here clarify actually?

Crota, Oryx & The Hive

I haven't watched this one yet... about to. Edit: Not bad. This has become Destiny's current main plot due to taking out Crota in DLC1, and facing Oryx in TTK.

Seriously, I suggest watching these videos if you haven't. They put things into context quite nicely.

Shito

As far as I remember, the Floating Jump was not long enough to bypass all the disappearing platforms and I would fall half the way. I've been looking at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur1OTQnbNvM

Apparently, to skip the disappearing platforms the jump needs to be started from specific places and then stopping the glide to resume it when close?
For me, the easiest and most consistent way to do it with any class is really just...

... to jump on the first three platforms, and then jump all the way to the bottom.
It's a really easy and safe way to do it.

Biggy

1 spot open for HM VoG starting at Oracles now.

Just join on DrDrizzay101, Unstable, Jigga Man, ZW or El Bombastico.

edit: full

I couldn't do the nightfall on my titan, I needed better gear to be able to join.
but I got a legendary helmet from HM VoG so that's a start. Thanks for the HM VoG carry. That splash damage is no joke at level 28!

For me, the easiest and most consistent way to do it with any class is really just...

... to jump on the first three platforms, and then jump all the way to the bottom.
It's a really easy and safe way to do it.

Terrible, terrible timing. I could never get to even land in the first one. It is one of those things where I suck. Although lately I can't find anything where I don't suck..

MrDaravon

As someone who has 3 level 32 characters and only one etheric light debating how much I hate myself to grind out IB this go-round. I only really started playing on PS4 during the last IB, got one character to rank 3 (which is where I got my one etheric) and mannnnnn I dunno lol. Even when I'm doing well at PvP it's not my thing that much. I still only have one character at rank 2 Crucible and my others are at 0 (I just do the daily PvP when I have time), maybe I'll just hardcore grind it out this weekend on everyone or something.

I bought the IB class item and emblem last time, do they both give you extra rep or is it just the cloak? I thought someone said the emblem does as well, but that doesn't work that way for other faction stuff/bounties?

ocean

Banned
^ Iron Banner shader, emblem and class item each buff your rep gains by 10% and they stack. So if you have all three you get 1.1*1.1*1.1 (total of 33%) boost to your rep gains.

PuMa

As someone who has 3 level 32 characters and only one etheric light debating how much I hate myself to grind out IB this go-round. I only really started playing on PS4 during the last IB, got one character to rank 3 (which is where I got my one etheric) and mannnnnn I dunno lol. Even when I'm doing well at PvP it's not my thing that much. I still only have one character at rank 2 Crucible and my others are at 0 (I just do the daily PvP when I have time), maybe I'll just hardcore grind it out this weekend on everyone or something.

I bought the IB class item and emblem last time, do they both give you extra rep or is it just the cloak? I thought someone said the emblem does as well, but that doesn't work that way for other faction stuff/bounties?

It's not too much of a grind, really. Super easy to get your second and third characters to level three after you've leveled your first as well. The buff as you get to the weekend is huge. The more annoying part is the lag.

Class item, shader, and emblem give you extra xp.

purg3

slept with Malkin

All 3 items (shader, emblem, class item) add to the rep gain bonus. Also just wait till Fri-Mon to play and buy the bonus for maximum rep gains. I got 3 characters to rank 5 last time doing that. It doesn't take long. Plus you get another bonus I believe if one of your characters is already at rank 5?

Both the emblem and class item will give you extra rep. And not only those two, but also the shaders (Million Million or Gold Spiral). There's no difference in rep gain between the shaders though. You're right that it doesn't work like that for normal bounties.

Edit - Already beaten three times before I finished typing :)

MrDaravon

Holy crap everyone is on point lol. Thanks for the confirmations. I think last time I wasn't able to play much the last couple days and I know the bonus gets higher day by day, so maybe I just burned myself out too soon. If you get a further bonus for having one character at rank 5 that's also rad.

Doing the Raids last night have really revitalized me in this game, been forever since I really played with people and I got a taste of new gear. Now I just wish I wasn't at work so I could play lol. Thanks again everyone!

Deku Tree

OMG this Reddit thread from today talking about TTK leaks:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...oilerdiscussionbig_things_are_coming_for_the/

HUGE TTK spoilers if you believe it....

...They had me until:

Bungie apparently stated that they are not going to continue with DLC's, but instead release free raids, planets, etc. as DLC's. They will only be continuing with the main games after Year 1 ends with The Taken King.

Activision and free. Does not compute.

I guess they could try to go with a free content plus microtransactions model like GTA though.

I did post yesterday that I thought Bungie would be outsourcing the mid year DLC in year 2 and beyond to that other studio they brought in.

PuMa

Holy crap everyone is on point lol. Thanks for the confirmations. I think last time I wasn't able to play much the last couple days and I know the bonus gets higher day by day, so maybe I just burned myself out too soon. If you get a further bonus for having one character at rank 5 that's also rad.

You don't need to be rank 5 to get an extra boost on your alts.

MrDaravon

You don't need to be rank 5 to get an extra boost on your alts.

What rank do you get the bonus at? To be clear I'm referencing what someone said above about getting a bonus on all characters once you hit a certain rank, not the bonus item you buy with a Mote (?).

Top Bottom