• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Is it just me, or are the spawns whack on doubles? If we couldn't get the revive we would respawn on opposite sides of the map. Really made it hard to regain any traction after getting split up just one time.

SonComet

I'm interested to see how much of a nerf Hawkmoon gets after the next update. The gun already had its distance castrated after the first one and now it's looking like it'll drop off even more.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the state hand cannons will be left in. Bungie always seems to go too far when trying to balance things (when all they have to do is adjust the crazy exotics and not the whole weapon class). But hopefully, just maybe they got it right this time :). I have pulse, scout, and auto rifles at the ready though...

noomi

Plus the older I get and my vision deteriorates, I need a monitor to sit up very close to it.

LMAO, so it's not just me! I wear glasses/contacts.... without them I am blind. The closer I sit to a monitor the easier it is for me to see all the little details.

The down side to being close to a monitor, you see all dem jaggies :(

ethomaz

Banned
I'm interested to see how much of a nerf Hawkmoon gets after the next update. The gun already had its distance castrated after the first one and now it's looking like it'll drop off even more.
I made all the Xbox owners jealous because Hankmoon was the best HC in the game.

- First nerf... it and Thorn was the most affected due the long range
- Second nerf?

It will be the a shity when Xbox owners put the hands in that gun.

LTWood12

Guess I should probably kill Skolas a second (and maybe third and fourth) time with these modifiers. Maybe I'll even get a weapon!
(I won't get a weapon will I?)

You can also play the GTA Heists (like Destiny Raids) without paying for them right? So the additional DLC content is "Free" with the possibility of spending money on micro transactions.
Yes, that's correct. All the updates they've ever done, like heists, or bundles of new clothing, weapons, and vehicles, have been free. The catch of course is that you need to earn the gta dollars to buy the new stuff, and invariably some people want it all immediately, and will buy a shark card to pay for it. But that isn't necessary at all, and prices aren't too abusive.

Some stuff is crazy expensive, but a luxury jet should cost a bit more than a beat up, second hand jalopy.

LTWood12

Weapon drop are pretty abysmal for Skolas :(

Yep. That's why I did it once & never again. Got a cipher from the one time I did it, then got two more the very next week from the level 34. Given the drop rate it just hasn't been worth the time investment. But w/ these modifiers I'll do it for funsies.

Weapon drop are pretty abysmal for Skolas :(

Is it easy? I didn't even check the modifiers....

Skolas is as easy as it gets this week. Brawler and Juggler.

We got 2 weapon drops from the one kill we did this morning, although last week I saw only 1 weapon total from the 4 kills I did. :-/

Nightfalls anyone? Would love to do it at least twice. I'm up for a third if you don't mind semi-carrying my 29 warlock. (gotta poe 32 this week for warlock armor!)

psn Teasing_Pink

Deku Tree

I got an e-light both this week and last week from the House of Judgement weekly gift package.

Other than those two times I have never gotten an e-light from one of those packages.

noomi

Brawler and Juggler.

No one melee kill you makes it easy ;) that is what make it hard for me (the Captains melee).

It's not easy, but it's fun, unlike last week.

Yep. That's why I did it once & never again. Got a cipher from the one time I did it, then got two more the very next week from the level 34. Given the drop rate it just hasn't been worth the time investment. But w/ these modifiers I'll do it for funsies.

Skolas is as easy as it gets this week. Brawler and Juggler.

We got 2 weapon drops from the one kill we did this morning, although last week I saw only 1 weapon total from the 4 kills I did. :-/

Oh snap nice, well in that case I might.... MIGHT try it once this week.

*looks for Macello*

What'dya say? Down for this at some point?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the state hand cannons will be left in. Bungie always seems to go too far when trying to balance things (when all they have to do is adjust the crazy exotics and not the whole weapon class). But hopefully, just maybe they got it right this time :). I have pulse, scout, and auto rifles at the ready though...

I think the reduced mag size across the board is really what's going to sting. I just hope they aren't rendered useless.

lt519

Keep in mind if you are all running Skolas for reset to take through some GAF members that haven't completed it yet!

Heya, so I unplugged the USB for the wireless headset and it really did seem to help, but I still got some minor lag. Nothing like it was before though, will try to rebuild database today and keep my phone out of the office and see how it works out :D

So silly a PS branded product could be causing interference. I wonder if you have a crack in your console or the case isn't sealed completely? If it happens with multiple controllers it's likely the bluetooth link on the PS4 itself, which makes sense that it improved when you unplugged a wireless router (the USB adapter) that was basically sitting right on it. It was happening to me as well last night, whenever I leaned back on my couch I seemed to cross that magical threshold of being to far. As soon as I sat up on the edge of the couch the problem disappeared.

Yeah, I'd be OK with someone not having enough firepower, but being at 33 is just a recipe for you getting killed really fast and the rest having to play catch up the entire fight. It could be done, don't let me discourage you from trying, but I'm going to get some of the other 34s through first this weekend.

Already got one more first timer through this morning, on a no-wipe kill to boot! We got the worst mine spawn RNG possible, but we cleared the first wave at the last possible second because we all stuck together. It only takes ~3 seconds for 3 people to dismantle a mine.

Congrats and GG to Reluctant Hero, our newest Skolas killer!

Keep in mind if you are all running Skolas for reset to take through some GAF members that haven't completed it yet!

+1 :)

Definity

I got an e-light both this week and last week from the House of Judgement weekly gift package.

Other than those two times I have never gotten an e-light from one of those packages.

I forget. What's the requirement to get a package from Varkis? Rank 3? Is it once per character?

Namikaze1

RL is great fun!
It really is. Last night I had a game where we were 1-3 and down to a minute left. I scored one point and a teammate came in at 16 seconds and tied the game. The Overtime goal you see in the video is from that game. Ended up getting a trophy for that Minute to Win or something like that.

But it still doesn't compare to the 6 minutes overtime Todd and I had in one game. Game was tied at 1-1 and we hit overtime. no one scored For 6 minutes during OT till Todd came out of nowhere and scored.

lt519

Already got one more first timer through this morning, on a no-wipe kill to boot! We got the worst mine spawn RNG possible, but we cleared the first wave at the last possible second because we all stuck together. It only takes ~3 seconds for 3 people to dismantle a mine.

Congrats and GG to Reluctant Hero, our newest Skolas killer!

Awesome!

I really can't wait to run it without Lightswitch.

NOPE

y0LOe5.gif

Poor Sengar

todd360

Polling the PVP Pros (DoubleDutch, Unstable, Namoomi :)P), Ikk, Fig, Rub, Wicked, ZW, Drizz, Todd, Math, & Many Others): HDTV or Monitor?

I haven't gamed on a monitor since the Commodore 64 days, and I'm wondering what I'm missing . . .

I play on a Asus monitor. I prefer smaller screens for competitive shooters and the low input lag is great. I play all my ps4 games on that monitor.

Top Bottom