• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I was trying the plan c thing against the walker this week, and it didnt work :(

I also have a samsung, and never saw pc mode on it, but there is a game mode. Under settings I believe, the last menu option

I just went hunting for it, it's System > General > Game Mode

Picture quality is awful but that might be the rest of my settings, I'll play about with it later

Polling the PVP Pros (DoubleDutch, Unstable, Namoomi :)P), Ikk, Fig, Rub, Wicked, ZW, Drizz, Todd, Math, & Many Others): HDTV or Monitor?

I haven't gamed on a monitor since the Commodore 64 days, and I'm wondering what I'm missing . . .

I play on a HDTV, but I've never used a monitor so I can't really say which is better. I do feel like I play much better sitting closer to it though. But that might just be my eyes. :p

Nuszka

I also have a samsung, and never saw pc mode on it, but there is a game mode. Under settings I believe, the last menu option

I own an LG which i play on but have a Samsung in other room and that PC option is under the menu where you change the input name, for example it disables all my post processing. Lowers the input lag to mid 20s, its no 5ms as you get with most monitors but on the other side i am a playing a laggy game online and not competing in a tournament.
Bout that Skolas, i don't feel like doing it but just playing for fun , a raid would be cool with the old crew...

Giving up on Hawkmoon hunt, clearing all content everyweek and not getting it is dragging me down, game has even turned to giving me Gjallarhorns just to troll me even harder. Will just finish up Grimoire farm and wait on TTK. Screw you Bungie.

nOoblet16

I play on a HDTV, but I've never used a monitor so I can't really say which is better. I do feel like I play much better sitting closer to it though. But that might just be my eyes. :p

image.php

vac

Neo Member

PC mode is renaming the input to "PC" via Menu->Input->Edit Names (or Source->Tools>Edit Names)

Much better than game mode imo. Some Samsungs will only let you do it on a specific HDMI port FYI.

Anybody want to run HM VoG with myself and Jigga Man? We have the Oracles CP, starting as soon as we have people for it. We can do it multiple times as well if people want, either just Oracles/Templar or the whole thing.

Thanks to Souldestroyer for the Nightfall! But Another Pest Control Matrix :(

Lesson learned: Don't use Fireborn until at least two guardians are dead. Although I am not sure if I could be changed to "until the countdown appears".

This week I'd like to try and do PoE 34 for the Etheric Light, although I will trIn first with 28 and 32. It would be nice to achieve level 34, although I will leave that for the weekend.

OkayRene

Anybody want to run HM VoG with myself and Jigga Man? We have the Oracles CP, starting as soon as we have people for it. We can do it multiple times as well if people want, either just Oracles/Templar or the whole thing.

Yeah send invite. Actually, nvm. I'm gonna farm glimmer instead.

Can I be a nudge and ask you to save the Oracles checkpoint for me?

Anyone need one for the nightfall ?

Psn crocodileslogic

I really wish the nightfall strikes would have matchmaking it's so frustrating trying to find a group.

Lnkn52

If you get a chance, tell Ji66a he still owes me a Grimoire Text.

Howard Stern talking about Gjallarhorn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAhjBUT-q1o

P funny

(source: reddit)

lmao, too funny.
"Is he cumming or scoring a Ghorn" -Same

Kyoufu

Yeah, I want to do it multiple times but... Iron Banner starts soon and I want to hop into the Tower to buy the goods. :(

ethomaz

Banned
@Ethomaz: I have a Samsung and use Game Mode. Why is PC better, and how do I enable it?
Better input lag than game mode.

You can do that only in the HDMI1... change the type/label of the source to PC.

Samsung:

Samsung keeps it consistent when it comes to enabling Game Mode on most of their recent HDTVs. It usually involves navigating to “Setup”, and then going to “General”. You will see an option for “Game Mode” over there. Use your remote to enable this option. Update: Some Samsung displays can further lower their input lag over using Game Mode, by renaming the HDMI input to “PC”. Usually, this only works on the dedicated PC HDMI port, which for Samsung HDTVs is usually HDMI 1. If you’re not satisfied using Game Mode, check out the PC rename trick! -Tip submitted by Ian

http://www.displaylag.com/how-to-enable-game-mode-on-your-hdtv/

Just rename the HDMI1 to PC to enable PC Mode.

I'll help run it -

Pacificsun0481

PS4, lets do the whole thing ^_^

LiK

I'm wondering that as well. I like how Game Mode looks. Very clean, but still good color (though not quite as good, which is why I turn it off for things like Don't Starve or The Witcher).

I leave Game Mode on for everything. Looks excellent. I guess it depends on your TV.

Top Bottom