• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Oh snap nice, well in that case I might.... MIGHT try it once this week.

*looks for Macello*

What'dya say? Down for this at some point?
Sure. My arc leash is fun as hell but I'd like some shots at getting one that's not dreg burn. Got to pull Andres and Vader through a kill finally too.

I'm just noticing now that the Titan on the Bungie store has the Sunbreaker hammer INSTEAD of the Hawkmoon. What the fuuuuuuuuuu....

Ummm sushi? What the fuck did you do to those bosses?

Also yay second mida multi tool from nf this week -_-
Tried the Shoulder Charge trick to the Walker and it worked. It one shots the Walker with Peregrine Greaves equiped.

tZ5gPij.gif

Ummm sushi? What the fuck did you do to those bosses?

Also yay second mida multi tool from nf this week -_-
No idea what happened on the spider tank, but the last one died from good old arc burn sniper shots to the face. Spider tank was maybe arc shotgun to the exposed bits?

Edit: wow, didn't see the above. Awesome, gonna have to remember that with my titan.

Namikaze1

Already got one more first timer through this morning, on a no-wipe kill to boot! We got the worst mine spawn RNG possible, but we cleared the first wave at the last possible second because we all stuck together. It only takes ~3 seconds for 3 people to dismantle a mine.

Congrats and GG to Reluctant Hero, our newest Skolas killer!

+1 :)
Hey Drizzay, not sure if you read my PM yet. Anyway, I was wondering if you're still interested in attempting a flawless hard VoG sometime this weekend?

Izuna

Banned
Oh man same here. I feel the worst about weapons parts though.

Went from about 2000 shards/energies down to around 1300, from around 650 motes down to 100, and 2500 weapon parts to 1100 :(

What it takes to get 1000 Weapon Parts through Shards or Glimmer

Okay so, Shards (Ass or otherwise) are the main source of income in this game. Pretty much, everything you want in this game can come from a mote. Be it Exotic Shards, parts etc. It's ultimately inefficient to get these things but since Shards come from the Raids, this is more of an argument to keep playing them.

Let's look at the basic conversion rates:

2 Shards = 1 Mote
1 Shard = 250 Glimmer
1 Energy + 50 Glimmer = 1 Shard

As you can already see, you get a good deal on converting Energies into Shards as it is, so you don't have to get annoyed if you pick up an Energy instead. To put this in perspective.

1000 Energies + 1000(50) Glimmer = 1000 Shards

Converting 1000 Energies into Shards then costs the equivalent of two stacks of glimmer. It costs 100 Shards per stack of Glimmer, so you would only miss out on 20% of your value.

In the real world however, you get glimmer by playing normally. And you wouldn't get 1000 Energies without at least a few stacks acquiring them. I think dismantling a mere 5% of your pickups gives you this much regardless, and that's where most of your Shards and Energies will come from. So from now on, I will only be referencing Shards, as if all Energies are essentially Shards.

----------------------

So how do I get Weapon Parts?

This requires a little bit of work. But don't fret, you get so much for unlocking what you will need. I am of course talking about getting 8 wins in ToO so you can keep dismantling the weapon reward (this could get patched one day). Let's look at the conversion rates:

500 Glimmer = 2(or 3) Weapon Parts

Let's use some assumption and assume you will do this a lot so, let's say...

500 Glimmer = 2.5 Weapon Parts

Instead of working with a minimum, we are going to provide a 2.5 Weapon Part value to the conversion because you will be picking a bunch of Weapon Parts along the way of your journey regardless. How much is heavily dependant on RNG, and after all, what we are trying to find out is roughly what we need to do to get 1000 Weapon Parts.

But wait, why don't I just farm glimmer? Why bother with Shards?

This will all become clear very soon, so hold your horses...

---

Average Shards per VoG/TDB

There are many ways to look at this. Do you do Normal Mode and then Hard? Do you even have a steady stream of friends to play with anyway? This is where it will depend on your situation -- if you can't Raid once or twice a week, then yes, farm the Exclusion Zone (see below for how long that would take).

For the rest of us, a single VoG Hard Mode run gives us on Average... picking up the Shard chest at the Gorgon's but not the secret Templar one, roughly 16 shards minimum. You may end up dismantling armour or weapons for more (and more importantly, Weapon Parts), but let's ignore these.

And for Crota's End, going Normal and THEN Hard mode (picking up the Abyss and Bridge Chest once) you are looking at roughly getting an average of 24 Shards .

---

So how many Raids does it take roughly to get my Weapon Parts?

A Raid, if we were to average out the rewards of both, would be about 14 Shards per Raid.

1000 Weapon Parts = 400 ToO Weapons = 200,000 Glimmer = 800 Shards = 57 Raids(avg.)

^^^

Oh dear... It looks like Raids are an awful way to go huh. I mean, considering how much preparation they take, and the fact that realistically you will get about 3 Raid(avg.)s in per character a week... That means that even IF you get a ton of Glimmer and Weapon Parts along your way, you're looking at around 6 weeks of VoG Hard x 3, and CE Normal + Hard x 3.

It doesn't sound too bad, really. Since that's about how long it will take for TTK to start. So we would be good. We would however get pretty burnt out don't you think?

---

If I farmed Glimmer on Exclusion Zone, how much Weapon Parts per hour is that, and how long would it take to get 1000 Weapon Parts?

Here is a guide to doing so here: http://gamerant.com/destiny-farm-glimmer-fast/

Due to the nature of how random Green engrams are and now inefficient humans tend to be when it comes to killing the same dudes over and over, this is a very rough estimate.

Let's first create a value we can understand easily. Let's call this a Run.

A Run is the beginning of the loop. It starts when you kill yourself, and ends when you have finished killing the final Major so you're ready to kill yourself.

A few things are in play here. Exclusion Zone farming requires you to use a Supply Code. You will pick up more than you end up using and you can also pick up Network Keys worth 200 Glimmer. Also, engrams and items will remain on the floor so you don't have to chase them every time you wipe to start a new run. Furthermore, since a recent patch, you have time to dismantle all of your green engrams during the loading screen now, saving you a few seconds each time.

A Run gets you on average ~633 Glimmer every ~51 seconds.

Now your guys Runs may be faster or slower than others, so I will leave you with an equation to pop in your personal values so you can calculate your very own Weapon Parts per hour... or WP/h.

Or, if you have your own farming method like using Gatekeepers etc.

WP = Weapon Parts. Rg = Glimmer per Run. Rt = Time per Run in seconds.

WP/h = (Rg/500) x (3600/Rt) x 2.5

Therefore: ~214 WP/h (not including how much I would get from dismantling greens).

In other words... What would take me 6 weeks of Raids to do across 3 characters to do, I could achieve in approximately 5 to 6 hours of farming Exclusion Zone.In my opinion, that is simply one week worth of Raids if you're decently quick at finding teams and people to do it with. Plus you can farm solo...

--

I invite you to consider two things... Do you prefer to do Raids or farm? And also, if you are looking for Motes of Light as well as Weapon Parts, I highly suggest playing Raids regardless, since the conversion rate for Shards to Motes is 2:1.

--

I hope you took something away from the above. Many of us are preparing for The Taken King in many ways. But the one thing I want to do more than anything, is become rich again. Rerolling, in my opinion, is one of the most important things to be able to do in Destiny.

lt519

Tried the Shoulder Charge trick to the Walker and it worked. It one shots the Walker with Peregrine Greaves equiped.

tZ5gPij.gif

holy fuck haha that's awesome, can this be done to the one in the mars strike?

Woah Woah wait here, can someone try this against Skolas, he has a Brawler modifier this week..

Home, sweet home (And out of battery DS4)

So, anybody for Nightfall? PSN Figaliz. Warlock 33, equipped with arc weapons for the occasion and Fireborn to prevent party wipes. Although I can be very sloppy playing and my skill level is not exactly great, but I will do what I can.

I might be down for anything after 4pm EST

Probably want to do 32 PoE so I can finally get my sunsinger to 34 since right now only my voidwalker is

Sushi DA MAN. Carrying a lv 30 and 29 on the nightfall and just wrecking everything. Thanks man!

And i finally got TLW!!!!!! Awwwww yisssssssss.

Deku Tree

If you want to be rich for TTK do this:

Do the daily 3x every day. Maybe skip TDB dailies with lightswitch if you are solo.
Do the daily crucible 3x every day.
Do VoG HM 3x per week, and do Crota HM 3x per week too.

You will get very rich that way.

And BTW Bungie said at e3 that they are thinking about the weapons parts thing so it could change.

That stuff can be fun. Doing Exclusion zone farming is not fun.

Izuna

Banned
If you want to be rich for TTK do this:

Do the daily 3x every day. Maybe skip TDB dailies with lightswitch if you are solo.
Do the daily crucible 3x every day.
Do VoG HM 3x per week, and do Crota HM 3x per week too.

You will get very rich that way.

And BTW Bungie said at e3 that they are thinking about the weapons parts thing so it could change.

That stuff can be fun. Doing Exclusion zone farming is not fun.

Yeah truth is, saving packages nets you a lot but people play in such a way that never nets them any Weapon Parts. As in, using glimmer to buy Heavy Weapon Synths etc.

noomi

Sure. My arc leash is fun as hell but I'd like some shots at getting one that's not dreg burn. Got to pull Andres and Vader through a kill finally too.

I'm just noticing now that the Titan on the Bungie store has the Sunbreaker hammer INSTEAD of the Hawkmoon. What the fuuuuuuuuuu....

I might do it as well , but will be available after work about 5-6 pm est. I am up for some shenanigans.

Cool, no rush on it, we have 7 days left :) I'm going to start playing other games in the meantime. I NEED TO CATCH UP before Sept 15th.

Thanks for all the responses about the monitor vs. HDTV question.

I figured monitors probably are better, but I love how the game looks on my big screen. Oh well. I'm never going to be as good as Nami or Todd, anyway :p

@Ethomaz: I have a Samsung and use Game Mode. Why is PC better, and how do I enable it?

Simonnnnn

I figured monitors probably are better, but I love how the game looks on my big screen. Oh well. I'm never going to be as good as Nami or Todd, anyway :p

@Ethomaz: I have a Samsung and use Game Mode. Why is PC better, and how do I enable it?

PC Mode turns off all the post processing and things that slow down response time on the TV. Can do it by hitting source then the settings tab on the screen which are alongside the different inputs

noomi

I was trying the plan c thing against the walker this week, and it didnt work :(

I also have a samsung, and never saw pc mode on it, but there is a game mode. Under settings I believe, the last menu option

Top Bottom