• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

The best PVE sniper in the game.

I still prefer my LDR, Black Hammer, Veil, or hell even my OG Supremacy from the FIRST Queen's Wrath that has Final Round for PVE. I had a Spear, but I just don't know what is special about beside that you could get Final Round (Pre HoW).

PuMa

I still prefer to one with my LDR, Black Hammer, Veil, or hell even my OG Supremacy from the FIRST Queen's Wrath that has Final Round. I had a Spear, but I just don't know what is special about beside that it has Final Round (Pre HoW).

Impact. Only BH has as much impact as the Spear.

ethomaz

Banned
Can you still roll final round? I thought it was taken off the perk table.
You can if you have a old Spear.

I still prefer my LDR, Black Hammer, Veil, or hell even my OG Supremacy from the FIRST Queen's Wrath that has Final Round for PVE. I had a Spear, but I just don't know what is special about beside that you could get Final Round (Pre HoW).
It has the best output damage for any sniper (only BH have the same damage if you don't have Final Round).

But the best thing is Field Scout... another perk removed because it makes this sniper a beast for PVE.

I remember the day they did the Void Skolas... you could hit him 6x times without reload with the final found doing over 13k damage.

Namikaze1

Rerolled my Party Crasher that I got this morning and got Agressive Ballistic, Reinforced Barrel, Shot Package, and Final Round. Don't really care much about Final Round but everything else is pretty much perfect so I'm keeping it.

Fake edit: lol! My matador has all the same perks! Oh well, I'll just give it to my Hunter.

void666

Banned

I have an OG supremacy. Spray and pray, field scout, final round. Is it worth spending an etheric light?

PuMa

I have an OG supremacy. Spray and pray, field scout, final round. Is it worth spending an etheric light?

YES!

My favorite sniper by far. High impact with very high base aim assist as well.

I mean my Supremacy has a little bit less than BH or Spear when it comes to Impact, but my Supremacy also has Final Round and Field Scout on it

You're all set then. This whole convo chain was all based on someone asking if buying the Spear was worth it. I still think it is, mostly for PvE use though.

LTWood12

Mine rolled with Diaper Piercing Rounds, Crapshot, and Unsleeping. Are these re-rollable?

With medication yes. You really probably want to in your case. You're kind of doubling up w/ DP Rounds and Crapshot. In the middle column you want to aim for maybe Accelerated Soils?

You're all set then. This whole convo chain was all based on someone asking if buying the Spear was worth it. I still think it is.

Ohhhh okay. Yeah for sure, Spear is still a strong sniper without the two best perks. I wasn't saying it's not worth it. It's not as strong of a weapon it was before.

PuMa

With medication yes. You really probably want to in your case. You're kind of doubling up w/ DP Rounds and Crapshot. In the middle column you want to aim for maybe Accelerated Soils?

Ah, good call. I was just happy I didn't get Spray and Play.

nowai

Spear is still the highest impact legendary in the game. You would roll surplus and field scout on TDB version, making it hands down the best PvE gun.

I also use a TDB spear for Trials with double down and firefly. Firefly is outstanding for revive sniping. Not only do you kill the person being revived, but you rip off the over shield on the person performing the revive.

With double down, I spawn every time with ammo. I round it out with snapshot, but I also have one with double down and field scout for pretty much max ammo every round.

Overall, I the spear is very underrated. People exploit final round with it, but TDB version is top 5 best guns IMO.

todd360

Playing nightfall if anyone wants to join on me. toddv360

I shall take what is mine
bone boots and ghorn
with fire and blood.

glaurung

Oh god, just spent more attempts at PoE 32 final Cabal boss than I care to count.

Are there any super high level Destiny masters out there who could help me through it? Everything up to that boss was a cinch. Light level 45 would be sufficient.

PSN glaurung

Hmm BTRD-345 any good? Just got it as a drop in IB.

It's by far my favorite PvP heavy weapon. Try to get perks that max out the stability and you can use it like a scout rifle that melts faces. Mine has Surplus, Rodeo and I go back and forth between stability mold and armor piercing rounds.

Spear is still the highest impact legendary in the game. You would roll surplus and field scout on TDB version, making it hands down the best PvE gun.

I also use a TDB spear for Trials with double down and firefly. Firefly is outstanding for revive sniping. Not only do you kill the person being revived, but you rip off the over shield on the person performing the revive.

With double down, I spawn every time with ammo. I round it out with snapshot, but I also have one with double down and field scout for pretty much max ammo every round.

Overall, I the spear is very underrated. People exploit final round with it, but TDB version is top 5 best guns IMO.

Okay your roll is super solid for Trials. I am not saying anything bad about the sniper, I guess I just need to buy it and see what its like. Too bad it won't be the TDB version :p

ethomaz

Banned
BTRD-345

Aggressive Ballistics
Hip-Fire
Quickdraw
Range-finder

You have the best MG in the game :D

2 shot kills almost all the time.

Top Bottom