• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

LTWood12

The base aim assistance on the spear is abysmal (10) compared to Shadow of Veils (69) and Her Benevolence (40). Doesn't feel as good as either of those, but it definitely packs a punch.

Trakan

Spear is still the highest impact legendary in the game. You would roll surplus and field scout on TDB version, making it hands down the best PvE gun.

I also use a TDB spear for Trials with double down and firefly. Firefly is outstanding for revive sniping. Not only do you kill the person being revived, but you rip off the over shield on the person performing the revive.

With double down, I spawn every time with ammo. I round it out with snapshot, but I also have one with double down and field scout for pretty much max ammo every round.

Overall, I the spear is very underrated. People exploit final round with it, but TDB version is top 5 best guns IMO.

I agree 100%. The old version is probably one of, if not the best legendary sniper in the game. I just want to know how people think it's viable now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Seems like Lord Saladbar brought the goods.

Any pics of the helmets, still stuck at work for a few more hours.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It's by far my favorite PvP heavy weapon. Try to get perks that max out the stability and you can use it like a scout rifle that melts faces. Mine has Surplus, Rodeo and I go back and forth between stability mold and armor piercing rounds.

BTRD-345

Aggressive Ballistics
Hip-Fire
Quickdraw
Range-finder

You have the best MG in the game :D

2 shot kills almost all the time.

Best PvP machine gun with the right perks.

Had garbage perks on it the first time so I re-rolled once and got:

- Accurized Ballistics
- Hidden Hand
- Quickdraw/High Caliber Rounds/Braced Frame
- Rangefinder

Keep or roll again?

MrDaravon

I really need to write down a list of perks or something, I still have almost none of them memorized by name or icon like everyone else here lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
GAH!!!

I'm only on the app but am I seeing this right? IB dude is selling Etheric Light for 5000?!?

What's the catch?

None, you can buy it at rank 3 and 5

He sold it last IB as well, 3 characters that's 6 Etheric Light right there. Not bad if you prefer PvP over running PoE's

3 and 5? What if you are rank 4?

And how long will that take? I suck at Crucible, I'm sure IB will be even harder.

Nvm I get it. One per rank :( I thought I could buy as many as I want. :(

Hey guys and gals today is my son Josh's birthday. Big 11.

So here's the deal: He has yet to do a HM Crota or Skolas on Xbone. Do any of you fabulous peeps have a HM Crota checkpoint that he might be able to knock out with you?

And any Skolas pros on the One?

Narmer? Xplicit? Ji66a?

Trying to hook him up. :)

You guys rule.

Tell Josh I said Happy Birthday! :)

ethomaz

Banned
Where's hidden hand?
It is a bug to be fair that makes Hip-Fire the best perk over Hot-Swap or Hidden Hand.

The bug happens that the first shot going to ADS the game will understand like a Hip-Fire so you get all the bonus in accuracy from the Hip-Fire shooting in ADS.

Not just that Hip-Fire increase the accuracy of ADS even without the bug... so Hip-Fire do what the Hidden Hand do (increase AA/accuracy) with the bonus of the first shot in ADS have even more bonus accuracy.

Hip-Fire is the best Perk 1 for MG.

Deku Tree

Picture of ghorn rocket from Reddit. Never seen one up close before myself.

kiuwfNQ.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Had garbage perks on it the first time so I re-rolled once and got:

- Accurized Ballistics
- Hidden Hand
- Quickdraw/High Caliber Rounds/Braced Frame
- Rangefinder

Keep or roll again?
Great roll... keep it... use Quickdraw in the Perk 2... all perks are PVP Tier 1.

The perfect roll just have Hip-Fire instead Hidden Hand and it is only better because a bug/glitch that makes the first shot going to ADS to be counted like a Hip-Fire shot getting all the bonuses.

ethomaz

Banned
Just to explain better what happened with Hip-Fire in MG.

Hip-fire: There's a glitch in this game that seems to make the game detect ADS'ing incorrectly. This causes the game to register bonuses to hip-fire accuracy on shots made immediately after (sometimes as much as a full second) and before going ADS. This has the effect of making it easier to get shots to register. Also, Because Machine-guns biggest problem is getting bullets to register/making sure the game gets the kill before enemy fires third (let's face it) Last Word bullet, Hip-fire is very good. Also, Hip-fire seems to increase ADS air-accuracy as well. On post-HoW Machine-guns, you can pair this with Range-finder and get both bonuses at the same time. Works especially well with quick-draw/Snap-shot, as it makes ADS faster, therefore allowing you to benefit from Hip-fire accuracy for longer periods of ADS-time.

Kurumi

And here we go again. Putting me in already in progress matches in IB where the team I'm on is getting curb stomped. Bungie why?

Wynnebeck

Banned
It is a bug to be fair that makes Hip-Fire the best perk over Hot-Swap or Hidden Hand.

The bug happens that the first shot going to ADS the game will understand like a Hip-Fire so you get all the bonus in accuracy from the Hip-Fire shooting in ADS.

Not just that Hip-Fire increase the accuracy of ADS even without the bug... so Hip-Fire do what the Hidden Hand do (increase AA/accuracy) with the bonus of the first shot in ADS have even more bonus accuracy.

Hip-Fire is the best Perk 1 for MG.

Can anyone verify if this is true? That seems like a huge oversight that would have been brought up before by the top players.

todd360

This is going to be a long three nightfalls. My sister doesn't even have a arc primary. Plus I had to tell her twice that she wasn't using arc weapons for other 2 slots.

ethomaz

Banned
Can anyone verify if this is true? That seems like a huge oversight that would have been brought up before by the top players.
You need to test yourself :p just kidding.

All reforge guides and youtube videos recommends Hip-fire due that glitch.

Just make a roll with Hip-fire + Quickdraw and try to use it to see how easy and fast you kill dudes in Crucible... just remember that just the shots made until 1s after going to ADS get bonuses from Hip-fire.

nOoblet16

Spear is still the highest impact legendary in the game. You would roll surplus and field scout on TDB version, making it hands down the best PvE gun.

I also use a TDB spear for Trials with double down and firefly. Firefly is outstanding for revive sniping. Not only do you kill the person being revived, but you rip off the over shield on the person performing the revive.

With double down, I spawn every time with ammo. I round it out with snapshot, but I also have one with double down and field scout for pretty much max ammo every round.

Overall, I the spear is very underrated. People exploit final round with it, but TDB version is top 5 best guns IMO.

It's same impact as Blackhammer, so it's not the only one in its class. Blackhammer is a better sniper for PvE anyway atleast until TTK when the fuck up white nail.

Also for PvP it's a pretty bad sniper (outside of firefly and final round which will be useless soon) there is nothing it can do that other snipers can't do better but it has terrible aim assist and terrible stability (you might say it doesn't matter much in low RoF sniper but it makes you avoid readjusting your aim a lot when you are sniping multiples back to back).

Best PvP snipers are LDR, Shadow of Veil, Her Benevolence and Longbow Synthesis...and Low Grade Humility which is just as good but it's in different impact class as it can't revive snipe.

Top Bottom