• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

nowai

Okay your roll is super solid for Trials. I am not saying anything bad about the sniper, I guess I just need to buy it and see what its like. Too bad it won't be the TDB version :p

I also have one with take a knee. It's probably one of the underrated/unused/unknown perks in the game. It let's you hip fire while crouched for 100% accuracy.

Meaning ya, it's fun for the MLG no scope trick shots, but it really shines if someone is charging you and you slide no scope them.

Haha I bought 6 of them when they were first for sale in TDB.

Holy shit.... Howard Stern talking about Destiny and the Gjallarhorn on his show.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ewf9f/media_howard_stern_talks_about_gjallarhorn/
It shall henceforth be pronounced as Gally Horn.

YXr2TbL.jpg

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm only at level 23 and don't really know what to do now.
I'm supposed to keep farming gear in the level 22 raid ?

nowai

It's same impact as Blackhammer, so it's not the only one in its class. Blackhammer is a better sniper for PvE anyway atleast until TTK when the fuck up white nail.

Also for PvP it's a pretty bad sniper (outside of firefly and final round which will be useless soon) there is nothing it can do that other snipers can't do better but it has terrible aim assist and terrible stability (you might say it doesn't matter much in low RoF sniper but it makes you avoid readjusting your aim a lot when you are sniping multiples back to back).

Best PvP snipers are LDR, Shadow of Veil, Her Benevolence and Longbow Synthesis...and Low Grade Humility which is just as good but it's in different impact class as it can't revive snipe.

For solar sure, black hammer is great. What about captains with arc shields or minotaur with void shields? BH is still a low ammo count for pve purposes. I use my solar spear with field scout and surplus 100% of the time outside of the the devil walkers and soloing Crota yellow Knights.

I am also very aware of the snipers you listed. I have all of them with the best rolls (except low grade is trash because it can't revive snipe) and I still love my firefly spear for trials.

I use my longbow or her benevolence for 6man pvp, but for trials, spear with surplus and firefly all the way.

phen0m24

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm only at level 23 and don't really know what to do now.
Norton you want to turn in bounties and use your glimmer to buy better legendary gear.

In the meantime you want to play crucible and can look for blue drops with higher light than you have now. :)

chur

There's a guide in the OP. Get your Vanguard and Crucible reputation to rank 2 and then you'll be able to buy armor in the tower that will get you to level 32.

ethomaz

Banned
That can help you: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130493168&postcount=13407

To be fair you need to get some high level light gears... you can bought one on Vanguard with 75 marks (you can farm on Strikes playlist)... after that wait Xur on Friday to buy one Exotic... that will put you over lvl 30 already.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Norton you want to turn in bounties and use your glimmer to buy better legendary gear.

In the meantime you want to play crucible and can look for blue drops with higher light than you have now. :)

There's a guide in the OP. Get your Vanguard and Crucible reputation to rank 2 and then you'll be able to buy armor in the tower that will get you to level 32.

Ok, thanks a lot. I don't know why, but I find this game's system very confusing. I'm still trying to get used to all the terms.

Homeboyd

It up pre-banner. Should still be up since it didn't change upon reset this morning while Doubles replaced Elimination.
I must be losing my mind. Reddit says it's up, you just said it's up... I didn't see it in game (back at work now). Where can you see what playlists are up on b.net?

Can anyone confirm salvage is up right now?

Edit: Nvm, saw etho's post

ethomaz

Banned
So I just found out that damn strike playlists don't count towards the grimoire strike completions card, ugh

I believe it does as long as the people don't quit at the end. But I could be wrong.
It doesn't count.

Only normal (map) strikes... the good news is that you get 1 points for each player in the fireteam... so finishing the Strike with 3 players will give you 3 points... solo here is not the best option.

ethomaz

Banned
Wait? What the hell? I think nightfalls and weeklies don't but dragon strikes? That's absurd.
Only normal strikes counts... the ones found on map.

1 player = 1 point
2 players = 2 points
3 players = 3 points

I did farm it a long time ago... get a full fireteam and it will be fast to reach 250.

Lnkn52

LOL, if you guys thought BroMan was already too annoying, he got airhorns for Sub Hype.

Any GAF Members streaming IB Trains?

Only normal strikes counts... the ones found on map.

1 player = 1 point
2 players = 2 points
3 players = 3 points

I did farm it a long time ago... get a full fireteam and it will be fast to reach 250.

Man forget that. I don't care about my grimoire that much. It might not be hard but it sounds like a drag.

matmanx1

Updated Skolas School list:

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
4. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
5. KINGofCRA5H-
6. Nightzoor
7. Reluctant-hero
8. matmanx1
9. DeviantBoi
10. Dark1421
11. juanbumo
12. Samphire
13. DaveS78

Just remember this isn't a carry, I'm here to show you the ropes and understand the mechanics, this is one fight someone can't win on their own due to the mechanics of the devouring essence. Judging from the length of last nights runs will end up around 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

So here's a video of the end of the kill last night, it shows some good things about the mine stages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcp8XYvH3e0

Few things to point out, 2:32 a melee captain shows up, just jump and fire rockets into him. Save supers for mine sections and if you don't have your supers communicate that to the team so we can wait for them to fill before DPS Skolas (mines trigger at like 40% and 20% ish). At 4:21 we used a trick, a sunsiger died by mine location C, he stayed dead until the mine popped then revived and dismantled it. The reason in the first place we had him stay there is because he was immune from taking the essence so his job was to cover Mine C while we ran around, got A and B, passing the essence, and then heading back to the Thunder in time to pass the essence a third time. Him dying happened to be OK because he was a sunsiger. Becuase we used this strategy he was not there to take the essence from me, killing me after 30 seconds. This is OK because it takes long enough for another guardian to be tainted that Segran could rotatate to Thunder to have him take the essence. They then had to revive me before Thunder was killed by the essence since Segran was now immune. The rest is just beating up on Skolas.

The preferred side for the fight is on the left of the stage and you rotate right when Skolas gets to close, rotating to the other side is just a temporary stop to clear adds and get Skolas away from the left side. As soon as possible swing back to the left side and DPS him from there. We usually pass the essence before rotating just to be safe.

If none of that makes sense we'll explain it when we get there :) I wish I had the full video, I'm going to try and stream this weekend.

Very nice and smooth. My normal fire-team might be able to pull this off with better planning on super usage. I'm keeping my name on the school list for now though. Worst case I run through it with you guys and then hopefully can get my regular fire team through it.

rc213

That freaks people out when they're new but sometimes it's just better to take essence with you to death than to have your team try and rush to reach you during mines.

Also, Remote Play from Android App was a fail. Not sure why but it wouldn't connect just kept popping up and error on Wifi and LTE.

Luckily my niece saved the day so I got my 2 etheric light and a Spear.

I'm still feeling like crap every time I look at the stats from my last Clash match. 1 kill, 15 deaths. How in hell did I fall this low? Usually I am not great, but I've never been the last or scored near zero. I feel like wanting to bury my head in a hole

Top Bottom