• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
Does anyone know why MS didn't show much interest in Destiny at the end of its development?
What do you mean by that? I remember Xbox One originally not being on track to launch at 1080p30 like PS4 and Microsoft gave Bungie some special support to make sure there was parity. They couldn't bundle or market or promote Destiny at all because Sony locked down the exclusivity to Destiny marketing and press, but I'm not sure why you'd think Microsoft wasn't interested. Knowing what Bungie had once managed for them, I'm pretty sure everyone at MS had their eyes keenly focused on the potential next Halo.

Hung Wei Lo

Anybody in Destinygaf clan want to do the nightfall?

Need to get the trophy where you have a full clan strike.

Can do the nightfall's twice on my hunter and warlock, both at 34 and have plenty of arc DMG weapons.

Psn I'd = Shadowmancer88

I think the trophy only pops if you do a regular strike..could be wrong tho

What do you mean by that? I remember Xbox One originally not being on track to launch at 1080p30 like PS4 and Microsoft gave Bungie some special support to make sure there was parity. They couldn't bundle or market or promote Destiny at all because Sony locked down the exclusivity to Destiny marketing and press, but I'm not sure why you'd think Microsoft wasn't interested. Knowing what Bungie had once managed for them, I'm pretty sure everyone at MS had their eyes keenly focused on the potential next Halo.

I also remember reading something where Sony came to Bungie to help get input on the DS4 but I don't know if that was before or after the partnership for Destiny.

ocean

Banned
A strike is a strike right?

Anyways if any gaffers in the clan want to join Bme I am still free otherwise I will enter the dark realm of lfg again.
Nightfall and Weekly heroic don't count for the clan trophy for some dumb reason.

I have a feeling that the guy who decided that is probably the same one who thought yellow bar enemies shouldn't count towards your grimoire completion for enemy types.

Karl2177

2 Etherics in my 3 Nightfalls. Please tell me that I'll be able to trade all these extra Etherics I have laying around in for some glimglam in The Taken King.

Nightfall and Weekly heroic don't count for the clan trophy for some dumb reason.

I have a feeling that the guy who decided that is probably the same one who thought yellow bar enemies shouldn't count towards your grimoire completion for enemy types.

Well that's stupid, still can do a quick random strike with anyone after nightfall to get the trophy.

MrDaravon

Anyone running Nightfall on PS4 right now? Just got home, have 3 32's I need to do it with. I may not have crazy good shit like most people here, but you've never seen a Sawtooth Oscillator like mine

Nuszka

So torn between completing my backlog( actually trying some other games in my library) and playing destiny. Need to be stronger , I know when tTK hits everything will be put on hold. On top of that next week is the busiest week of the year for me in work, so nothing will get done, except the 3x nf lol.

todd360

I'm not sure if I want to jump back on for Iron Banner or not. It always seems like the points rack up so slow when you don't have any more IB bounties. Plus its the first day so the points are at their lowest.

Or that random strikes don't count towards your strikes grimiore.

Or that you should gain XP/Glimmer/Rep(?) during raids.

Fuck that guy.

I farmed 5000 kills awakening the hive today. I need to do it another twice.

I think I need this 3 weeks at work as 'rest time'.

noomi

I finally have all 3 characters with a fresh Titan. Now for the summer of optimizing. Feels good, yet scary.

Are you still on Xbox? I know you were playing some ps4 games around when bloodborne was out.

So torn between completing my backlog( actually trying some other games in my library) and playing destiny. Need to be stronger , I know when tTK hits everything will be put on hold. On top of that next week is the busiest week of the year for me in work, so nothing will get done, except the 3x nf lol.

Backlog man, that's what I'm doing.

Limiting destiny to nightfalls, xur, and trials for the next few weeks.

Deku Tree

And this is apparently what Wolfpack rounds look like (from Reddit):

YbByfp3.jpg

3LOuCAn.jpg

oaBJpAg.jpg

E92 M3

Are you still on Xbox? I know you were playing some ps4 games around when bloodborne was out.

Backlog man, that's what I'm doing.

Limiting destiny to nightfalls, xur, and trials for the next few weeks.

Yeah, Destiny is all Xbox. PS4 will be for No Man's Sky next :)

Top Bottom