• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Deku Tree

Can't have more pictures incoming if you don't have one already. 😏😇😈

They're up. All three and a gif. Gimme a break I'm doing this on my phone.

Edit for the page topper:

And this is apparently what Wolfpack rounds look like (from Reddit):

YbByfp3.jpg

3LOuCAn.jpg

oaBJpAg.jpg

If everyone is level 34 isn't a Hard VoG Flawless just about exactly the level of same difficulty as a Normal VoG Flawless?

A bunch of people already replied about VoG but I wanted to reiterate since it's a common misconception: there's no such thing as your character being over-leveled in Destiny. The extra Defense you get is negligible in terms of how many hits you can survive.

Higher Attack rated weapons on the other hand do make a noticeable difference so having 365 Black Hammers will make Flawless VoG easier than 300 Ice Breakers were. Although a 300 IceB could 1HK body-shot a Normal Hobgoblin while I'm pretty sure a 365 IceB can't do the same to Hard Hobbies. I think even BHam or Eff Spear leaves a sliver of HP.

Homeboyd

For the salvage achievement, you just have to deploy the probe right? Not actually salvage it? Also where can you see how many caps you have?

What do you mean by that? I remember Xbox One originally not being on track to launch at 1080p30 like PS4 and Microsoft gave Bungie some special support to make sure there was parity. They couldn't bundle or market or promote Destiny at all because Sony locked down the exclusivity to Destiny marketing and press, but I'm not sure why you'd think Microsoft wasn't interested. Knowing what Bungie had once managed for them, I'm pretty sure everyone at MS had their eyes keenly focused on the potential next Halo.

Did MS think Destiny was going to flop?
Why did MS let Sony have everything? Its just weird that a relationship that goes back more than a decade was just what ever in the end. I don't understand.

Last night my buddy and I got someone from d-lfg to help finish the 32 POE. He then suck around to do the 34 POE with us, and after that he suggested doing the 35 POE. Neither me nor my buddy ever attempted it (just got back into Destiny last month since before any of the dlc) and after about 100 minutes I completed my first Skolas Revenge (the guy who helped completed his 4th).
afterwards we moved to alts to do the 34 POE again and breezed through it in 30 minutes, Skolas makes everything else child's play

Say what you want about Destiny and lack of content, but this game has by far the most brilliant FPS boss battle mechanics. Skolas in particular felt more rewarding than either raid in my opinion. Definitely think lightswitch was a pretty easy modifier to deal with. I also particularly enjoy the Vex boss from POE with the jail break mechanic. Overall really good stuff, super excited for Taken King.

They're up. All three and a gif. Gimme a break I'm doing this on my phone.

Edit for the page topper:

And this is apparently what Wolfpack rounds look like (from Reddit):
Pulling your chain friend. ;)

Also that leak(?) on reddit tho.
Glad if its true that Destiny 2 is going back to the drawing board somewhat.

Free content is 👍👍👍👍👍👍

I wish it was real :(

^Re flawless VoG: the jumps have always been the hardest part for teams and that won't change on Hard. Although based on most teams' performance getting through Hard Gorgons during regular HM runs, that part will be dicey. Normal VoG Gorgons is much easier to sherpa since there's no jumping involved (and therefore no skill required).

For the salvage achievement, you just have to deploy the probe right? Not actually salvage it? Also where can you see how many caps you have?

Correct about deployment. Also I don't know any way to check how many you have but the trophy doesn't take long at all. I think it's 20 "captures" aka deployments which takes 5-10 matches tops.

Did MS think Destiny was going to flop?
Why did MS let Sony have everything? Its just weird that a relationship that goes back more than a decade was just what ever in the end. I don't understand.

At the time I think MS wanted more Halo from Bungie and Bungie didn't want to do anymore Halo after Reach so Bungie sold them the IP. I think Bungie was already working on Destiny but MS didn't want that so I am sure their was some dispute.

It's obviously all speculation because we don't exactly know but this is what was flying around at the time. Now, MS now owns Halo which gave Bungie freedom but IMO they went to the wrong publisher. Activision is the devil.

^Re flawless VoG: the jumps have always been the hardest part for teams and that won't change on Hard. Although based on most teams' performance getting through Hard Gorgons during regular HM runs, that part will be dicey. Normal VoG Gorgons is much easier to sherpa since there's no jumping involved (and therefore no skill required).

Correct about deployment. Also I don't know any way to check how many you have but the trophy doesn't take long at all. I think it's 20 "captures" aka deployments which takes 5-10 matches tops.
I failed so badly on that jump once for flawless.
Forgot I switched classes. Double jump fail.

I honestly don't know what's difficult about the jumping/gorgon maze although I have run it loads now so that's probably why. Even still I don't remember it being particularly difficult apart from figuring out the Gorgons when going in blind. That took a helluva time till everyone got it :p

All of the classes can make it from the first/second puzzle piece to the ledge on the right. At the 'crack' just jump slightly towards the wilderness and glide/jump back in.

Gorgons is just timing.
Sneak to the middle.
Wait for Gorgon to go right.
Go slightly wide to the right so as to not trigger the left Gorgon.
Jump onto middle rock.
Jump to left rock.
Jump to new middle rock.
Wait for Gorgon below to go past and then North.
Wait 2-3s
Drop and sprint to the opening on the right.

Homeboyd

Thanks. I had some already and just got like 10 more and hasn't popped yet (already signed out/switched profiles etc). Will keep at it

purg3

slept with Malkin
ugh, 2 weeks in a row the don't touch me dropped for my Hunter in the NF. This fucking RNG man.

Anyone on xbox one have an open IB spot?

Namikaze1

I honestly expect us to die during Gorgons. Everything is gonna go fine till that point.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Pulling your chain friend. ;)

Also that leak(?) on reddit tho.
Glad if its true that Destiny 2 is going back to the drawing board somewhat.

Free content is ������������

I wish it was real :(
GOTTA BELIEVE, MATH!

Edit: PLEASE BE TRUE
Finally as a bonus, there is not going to be trading implemented into the game ever. Stated,"Activision got sent a letter regarding what not to do on a mmorpg from Blizzard, and trading was on that list".

noomi

I'm seeing lots of new names and posters that I don't recognize here :)

This is great, means lots of new players are joining the OT and probably hopping on the Destiny train!

The more the merrier!

Agent

Got terrible Nightfall rewards this week. Two legendary heavy engrams and knucklehead radar.

Xur will sell Bones of Eao this weekend since I'll be away on vacation.

Deku Tree

Regarding the Hard VoG Flawless attempt.

Here are the three places I think you are most likely to die:

1) Oracles (because you've all been cheesing it forever)
2) Gorgons (because everyone still scrubs that up)
3) Jumping Puzzle (because of the pressure)

I get that it is harder but all the things listed in previous posts don't seem like they make it massively harder.

Frenden

Banned
I joined RC's Nightfall just in time to get one kill--the last bullet on Skolas. lol.

Do y'all think there's any point in keeping a Three Little Words? I have two Hopsctoch and two Spare Change--3LW doesn't seem unique enough to hold on to any longer.

I get that it is harder but all the things listed in previous posts don't seem like they make it massively harder.

I didn't volunteer because of the jumping puzzle. My hands are not used to sweating so much D:

MrDaravon

Me and Ballis are doing the Weekly on PSN if anyone needs it, then I still need to do another Nightfall/Weekly after that if anyone wants in. PSN: MrDaravon

Namikaze1

Hold there! I haven't cheese the Oracles in a long time*

*The raid with Todd, Jason, and Kirk does not count since that was the night Iwata died and we all honestly wanted to get through as quickly as possible because of the news. We were starting Oracles when we heard the terrible news.

Top Bottom