• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

That sounds close. I don't remember.

Yeah that's him. Mods usually close a thread when it's been visited by him and sunhi lol. Because the thread has delivered all that it possibly could.

Edit: sunhi gif because why not

mbtggf.gif

todd360

Its time for a IB train! Preordered your tickets now!

disclaimer: donations are not welcome. Pls support the official release.

Haha I'd like to do more streaming but my upload is pretty poor and I haven't had a very consistent schedule. It'd be fun to stream flawless raids or Trials or something. Maybe when TTK raid comes out I could play it a bunch and stream some. Hopefully the raid is good enough to support some interest, killing Skolas is fun but otherwise PoE is a snooze.

Yeah, I streamed my first VOG run back in the day and got 150 viewers, I may just go back into the woodworks and try streaming again when TTK comes out.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Is Hopscotch better than Messenger?

No it isn't. The messenger has absolutely no recoil with perfect balance. The Hopscotch might have max stability, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. If you have a messenger, you don't need a pilgrim. Yes, you can reroll for hidden hand, but target acquisition on the messenger isn't even a problem. The ttk on both of them is the same anyways.

If you have a messenger, don't farm for a pilgrim.

Damn, I really don't want to run dragon strikes...but maybe I'll try to hit the lottery.

If you have a messenger, don't farm for the pilgrim. It isn't that much better.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Checked the activity rewards screen, and you are correct.

PoE chest only give you queens weapons, and a chance for exotics. That's all you will ever get from it. PoE 28 is treated as a vanguard strike in regards to rewards.

Trakan

No it isn't. The messenger has absolutely no recoil with perfect balance. The Hopscotch might have max stability, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. If you have a messenger, you don't need a pilgrim. Yes, you can reroll for hidden hand, but target acquisition on the messenger isn't even a problem. The ttk on both of them is the same anyways.

Do you even have one?

zewone

K4r8kbw.png

Arrrammis

Starting up a new banner train since everyone else is full, join in the chat party if you're interested.
PSN: Arrrammis

Edit: found a group, still have room

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Hopscotch doesn't because it is factually better than the Messenger in almost every regard.

But it isn't. The ttk is the same, and target acquisition is hardly any different. The pilgrim is a weapon for people that can't get a messenger. I don't understand why people are so fixated on the pilgrim if they happen to have a messenger.

If you don't have a messenger, then farm for a pilgrim or spare change. If you have a messenger, then you are fine.

Nuszka

Just got back from work , feel like i should continue witcher3 but i have an itch for shooting at things. Yes i admit it i am ADA( Anonymous Destiny Addict).

zewone

But it isn't. The ttk is the same, and target acquisition is hardly any different. The pilgrim is a weapon for people that can't get a messenger. I don't understand why people are so fixated on the pilgrim if they happen to have a messenger.

I've used the Messenger for a long time and have all the elements, Hopscotch is better.

If people only used ttk as the only factor of what makes a weapon good/better, everyone would use The Last Word.

Hopscotch has:

- larger magazine size
- higher stability
- better Aim Assist
- better handling
- rerollable!

Sure, claim all of those are only marginally better, but they all add up. Why would you not want to use the best pulse of the two?

Trakan

If you don't have a messenger, then farm for a pilgrim or spare change. If you have a messenger, then you are fine.

I don't like any of the sights on the Messenger. I do feel like there is a difference between the Messenger's stability and the Pilgrim's potential maxed stability. I also like that you can get completely customizable perks on the Pilgrim. Higher Aim Assist and Equip Speed don't hurt, either.

LTWood12

I've used the Messenger for a long time and have all the elements, Hopscotch is better.

If people only used ttk as the only factor of what makes a weapon good/better, everyone would use The Last Word.

Hopscotch has:

- larger magazine size
- higher stability
- better Aim Assist
- better handling
- rerollable!

Sure, claim all of those are only marginally better, but they all add up. Why would you not want to use the best pulse of the two.

If I had both I'd definitely use Hopscotch. Do you think the superiority of it over the Messenger merits grinding dozens of hours in hopes of getting one if you already have a Messenger? Or is it more that if you happen to have both, then the choice is clear?

zewone

Why do you hate your life so much to grind Dragon strikes to get it?

I got it in like 5 strikes.

Just because HP is harder to obtain than Messenger, doesn't make Messenger a better gun.

Anyone who says otherwise is not being truthful..

If I had both I'd definitely use Hopscotch. Do you think the superiority of it over the Messenger merits grinding dozens of hours in hopes of getting one if you already have a Messenger? Or is it more that if you happen to have both, then the choice is clear?

Unless you're serious about PvP and using pulse rifles, it's not worth the grind.

But saying it's not the better gun is just flat out wrong.

Top Bottom