• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

noomi

Well well.... I see we are talking about hopscotch and messengers again :D

I have both, and have used both in pvp. They are both great, and either one will get you consistent kills.

For me though.....the hopscotch is better. I like having hidden hand and a max stability on it, and the sights I rolled are better for me vs the messengers sights.

Now should you grinding for hours to get it? Why not, if you want it go for it. I was happy with the messenger, but I like collecting and I'm a competitive person so I decided to look for it. I was lucky enough to get it on the first strike that I decided to hunt for it.

I like the messenger better for ove though, probably because I have a solar and void one :p

todd360

XO, Noomi, and I were in a group where one Warlock was just hanging out around B the whole game with a lag shield. Couldn't be damaged. Just chillin' and killin.'

Lol. Are guy was super annoying because he actively capped other points. You would see him and have to immediately abandon the control point.

34 per crit pellet? 3 in a burst. So double tap is 34*3*2=204.

Should be enough for anyone not wearing The Ram no?

It's 38, you can boost that with headseeker and reactive reload to muddy the waters further :d

Man IB was laggy for me, though that's the trade off with getting on a U.S.train to win matches. Had one match were the heavy and special were locked out for a couple of minutes.

Does anyone play on fibre, mines supposed to be activated this week but, I've heard it's actually worse? (For destiny PvP)

I'm sure the HP will be basically the same as my messenger, but there's literally nothing left for me to work for. I've got everything else so I don't mind grinding strikes for a bit hoping it drops.

phen0m24

Fair enough, and now let me reiterate. The pilgrim is a better weapon on messenger on paper, but the differences are insignificant in reality, and there is no point for farming for one when you already have a messenger. Simple as that.

Taeshik my son enjoyed rolling with you guys in IB last night but admitted he needs more work to keep up with you all. Thank you for inviting him. :)

Red Death is significantly worse than Pilgrim or Messenger. Stability is the most important stat on a pulse.

If I may interject in the weirdest way here, when I use Messenger on shores of time I do pretty dang great. It makes me look better than I am. I counter snipe, I killed a fresh gun slinger and bladedancer at range and poor kazeshini had to listen to me cracking up add I melted so many people with two shots it was insane. If zew is correct and I can be like a few percentage points higher with HP, look out world.
As long as we're on shores of time and the other team is mediocre.

MrDaravon

Anyone going to be doing either Raid in the next 2-3 hours on PSN? I'm game, I've only done them each on Normal once so I'm pretty much an expert.
Would love to get in though, I don't mind doing Normal if that's all that is going on, I can probably do Hard but might need a bit of guidance/patience if that's okay

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but you have to get the kill first.

You're more likely to lose a firefight with the Red Death and it's 3 shot kill vs the other two's 2 shot kill.

The same can be said with the messenger or pilgrim. Let us use the current meta, thorn. Sure you can double tap them, but you might end up dying from DoT. Let us say if you killed them with the red death, you can prevent the death from DoT because regen.

Just because the messenger, and pilgrim are superior, one should not disregard the red death. It is just as viable. I went through 10 lighthouse passages in one weekend using only that gun, and it saved me countless times because regen. It would save in times when you are supposed to die, and it can have you ready for the next fight.

You also forget, just because one has a pilgrim or messenger, it does not mean they will win their battles. At the end of the day it will come down to gun skill, and if a person is really good with pulse rifles, then the red death would most likely be the superior choice because it keeps you in the fight, and prepared for the next.

Taeshik my son enjoyed rolling with you guys in IB last night but admitted he needs more work to keep up with you all. Thank you for inviting him. :)
[/spoiler]

I enjoyed playing with him, and tell him I say thanks for being a good teammate.

This debate! I hope to snag a HP eventually, but I am no longer going to "hunt" for it. I do a few strikes each night before I get off and leave it at that. I think a lot of folks are also counting on weapon balance 2.0 to make the HP an even more serious contender in that update.

Navy Bean

Hmmm, sorry I asked about the Hopscotch lol.

As long as we're talking weapons can we all just cut the crap and agree that Corrective Measure is still the best MG for PvP. So much fun to use ...

Trakan

The same can be said with the messenger or pilgrim. Let us use the current meta, thorn. Sure you can double tap them, but you might end up dying from DoT. Let us say if you killed them with the red death, you can prevent the death from DoT because regen.

Just because the messenger, and pilgrim are superior, one should not disregard the red death. It is just as viable. I went through 10 lighthouse passages in one weekend using only that gun, and it saved me countless times because regen. It would save in times when you are supposed to die, and it can have you ready for the next fight.

You also forget, just because one has a pilgrim or messenger, it does not mean they will win their battles. At the end of the day it will come down to gun skill, and if a person is really good with pulse rifles, then the red death would most likely be the superior choice because it keeps you in the fight, and prepared for the next.

I enjoyed playing with him, and tell him I say thanks for being a good teammate.

The Red Death has about half the range of the Pilgrim or messenger. Not the actual range stat, but the viable range you'll get all 3 shots in a burst to connect.

ocean

Banned
Sounds cool but "yikes I lucked out of Thorn DoT there with my kill!" Will happen once or twice a game. Versus getting kills more consistently all game long.

Look at me talking. I'm just inferring here but I'll just say this: I don't ever ever use Pulse Rifles so I might be totally wrong. I have, since launch, a total of 2 dozen kills in Crucible with Pulse Rifles (out of 20k+ kills).

zewone

I'll give Red Death another shot.

I've been on a pulse rifle kick lately and have been having a lot of fun with Oversoul and Bad Juju in PVP.

As long as we're talking weapons can we all just cut the crap and agree that Corrective Measure is still the best MG for PvP. So much fun to use ...

BTRD actually.

ocean

Banned

BTRD is a sniper. The range and stability you can get on it and that insane impact? CM only has ammo count advantage but is otherwise not better at all :p

phen0m24

Dmh my Against All Odds would like a word. :p

Oh yeah BTRD and Unending Deluge are amazing too.. hahaha

Look at me being all evil... haha hey thank you for hanging in there on that 32 the other day with narmer and I (or was it X?) No, Narmer as he kept Horning everything lol

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
The Red Death has about half the range of the Pilgrim or messenger. Not the actual range stat, but the viable range you'll get all 3 shots in a burst to connect.

Gun skill. If a person is proficient with a weapon, it is easy to play to its strengths, It is also very easy to close the gap if a person is playing ranged. I dust people all day that use a messenger or pilgrim with the timepiece, and it is an inferior gun if we look at it on paper.

I've been on a pulse rifle kick lately and have been having a lot of fun with Oversoul and Bad Juju in PVP.

Bad JuJu is another completely under-rated choice. Okay yeah, it's probably the worst of the 4, but, run it as a void lock space magic build and choose your targets carefully.....holy shit prepare for hate mail.

phen0m24

Gun skill. If a person is proficient with a weapon, it is easy to play to its strengths, It is also very easy to close the gap if a person is playing ranged. I dust people all day that use a messenger or pilgrim with the timepiece, and it is an inferior gun if we look at it on paper.
Oh now you need to teach me. I love how rapidly the Timepiece fires and it never moves! Preferably on the same team. ;)

Of course I love the Oversoul too...

Navy Bean

Nope.

BTRD-45.

:p

BTRD actually.

BTRD is a sniper. The range and stability you can get on it and that insane impact? CM only has ammo count advantage but is otherwise not better at all :p

Dmh my Against All Odds would like a word. :p

Oh yeah BTRD and Unending Deluge are amazing too.. hahaha

Look at me being all evil... haha hey thank you for hanging in there on that 32 the other day with narmer and I (or was it X?) No, Narmer as he kept Horning everything lol

Who needs stability when you can rain down bullets forever? I have the B-turd but always come back the the Measure....

This Thorn bounty sure is hard when you are shit at PVP :(

I'm shit/decent at PVP and just completed the 500 kills. A few tips:

- Play Control: you mostly know where the enemy team is.
- Hang back: you're going for high K/D, so don't get overzealous and run around the map. Stick to the one or two caps your team has and let the enemy come to you.
- Try to get a void primary: my progress in completing the bounty significantly increased once I had Word of Crota. Not having to depend on special ammo spawns for the void kills is huge. I'd say that CE HM offers the least difficulty of going through for the drop.

Trakan

Yeah, may as well use an autorifle then.

- Play Control: you most know my where the enemy team is
- Hang back: you're going high K/D, so don't get overzealous and run around the map. Stick to the one or two caps your team has and let the enemy come to you
- Try get a void primary: my progress in conpleting the bounty significantly increase once I had Word of Crota. Not having to depend on special ammo spawns for the void kills is huge.

Have you done the Xyor portion yet? I still need to do that.

AGoodODST

- Play Control: you most know my where the enemy team is.
- Hang back: you're going high K/D, so don't get overzealous and run around the map. Stick to the one or two caps your team has and let the enemy come to you.
- Try get a void primary: my progress in conpleting the bounty significantly increase once I had Word of Crota. Not having to depend on special ammo spawns for the void kills is huge.

Yeah, the relying on ammo drops is what's making it more difficult. The only void primary I have is Atheons Epilogue and it's shit :p

Will keep plugging away!

LiK

in a pissed off mood from dealing with shitty Macy's CSR when i was helping my mom with her bill. need to kill something. will hop on later and hope to join an IB train.

bitsurugi

Going on a well deserved summer vacation till monday, if you see me online, it's not me, but a trusted friend, who has the job to get the 3 wins in ToO, so he can buy me the Osiris gloves. It's like the only item in game that i care at this point, and ofc, they have to sell it those 5 days i am on vacation ^^

God, i love Murphy :D

Namikaze1

Sigh. As soon as I get rank 3 on my Hunter and Warlock for PvP, I'm never using them for PvP ever again. I do much better with my Titan. Only reason I'm playing as the other is for the damn grimoire.

Yeah, the relying on ammo drops is what's making it more difficult. The only void primary I have is Atheons Epilogue and it's shit :p

Will keep plugging away!

Then screw it, pump some XP into the Epilogue to unlock the perks and start racking up those kills.

Have you done the Xyor portion yet? I still need to do that.

Yeah, I did it last night with a GAFer and his buddy. Took a while because I didn't know that Bungie had changed the drop ship timing. The third wave comes when the boss is around 5% health.

If you need help, I'm usually online after 9:00 pm pacific, add me on PS4: Reluctant-Hero

I just rolled a dreamwaker with tripod, heaby payload and tracking. Is this thing going to kill in pvp? Or is tracking much worse than that proximity perk (probably).

noomi

Going on a well deserved summer vacation till monday, if you see me online, it's not me, but a trusted friend, who has the job to get the 3 wins in ToO, so he can buy me the Osiris gloves. It's like the only item in game that i care at this point, and ofc, they have to sell it those 5 days i am on vacation ^^

God, i love Murphy :D

Enjoy your vacation :) see you when you get back!

And yes I need them Titan gloves as well lol

Top Bottom