• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

GhaleonEB

Weapon parts are way too scarce I agree

On that note.

I think the way Bungie gave weapon parts a new purpose with weapon re-rolling is kind of genius. They had become a material that, once we got out ahead of the leveling and gear curve, just piled up. To give them a new use that would require players to draw that pool down, would also make it so newer players never had enough. So they came up with the next best thing - an optional use, but one people will want to do, by incorporating them into weapon re-rolling. Personally I have plenty of weapon parts because I don't re-roll much. But for a lot of players it gave the material a purpose again. It was one of their more savvy economy changes so far.

Now they just need to figure out what the class specific armor parts are for. I'm starting to push 2,000 sapphire wire. (I also have north of 800 motes of light.)

Lag can be so depressing. Is it like this every Iron Banner? From suddenly finding myself alone in Strikes and finding that companions suddenly are 300 metres away to the usual in PvP. Indestructible guardians that don't take damage, teleportation without blink...

The Thorn is truly sucking. I am keeping my score between 0.5 and 1, but it is not enough as only void damage counts. I am decent on the mid range using rifles, but not with shotguns or snipers. That's why I was asking for the fusion rifle on PvP, but range is not enough to deal damage without getting close to shotgun range.

I have reconfigured the voidwalker for maximum defense, but Maybe I should try to equip with gear that speeds up grenade recharge, as it is my only ranged weapon for the quest.

So I suppose I will have to keep doing PoE to improve things, maybe a 32 today after work?

coy

Can't say enough about the fun IB can be with GAF. Thanks for the marathon session. Now I can finally eat dinner.

coy

Yeah, when we weren't having horrendous lag the game was quite fun :)
You mean the guy moonwalking shouldn't be so difficult to kill? :p

I was able to avoid just about all contact with the gf's fam for one night. Just gotta make it past the weekend. Lend me your strength, DGAF!

So my nephews got their new Xbox one and Destiny package tonight, same night as they arrived back home (perfect timing).

One huge problem, he doesn't know his login information. His dad (my brother) set it up for him last year and he's currently deployed. It's most likely associated to his email.

He spent all night unpacking and hooking it up, which he's very unfamiliar with, and was super excited to start his very own Destiny account, only to be shot down by not knowing his login information.

It's crazy how important a password is.

I sent him an email hoping he can reset the password and send us the new password. My nephew JUST bought his own 1 year renewal last month so a new account isn't an option.

Jinjo

I have to say, I've been away from Destiny for nearly two weeks now and it feels great. Finally completed Witcher 3, which imo is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long, long time. Not that I dislike Destiny all of a sudden, not in the slightest, but things were getting a bit too much a force of habit to play than actually having 'fun'. Whenever I had some downtime I didn't have anything to do it was always "Guess I'll play some Destiny", without actually accomplishing anything. So it was time to take a break for a while. I'll miss the DGAF shenanigans, but I hope to see you all around The Taken King again ( so don't delete me from your friendslist pls :p).

RNG is trying to tell you it's "Greener" on the other side....: just Sayin

Haha I enjoy playing with both sides now. This community is too awesome :p

On that note.

I think the way Bungie gave weapon parts a new purpose with weapon re-rolling is kind of genius. They had become a material that, once we got out ahead of the leveling and gear curve, just piled up. To give them a new use that would require players to draw that pool down, would also make it so newer players never had enough. So they came up with the next best thing - an optional use, but one people will want to do, by incorporating them into weapon re-rolling. Personally I have plenty of weapon parts because I don't re-roll much. But for a lot of players it gave the material a purpose again. It was one of their more savvy economy changes so far.

Now they just need to figure out what the class specific armor parts are for. I'm starting to push 2,000 sapphire wire. (I also have north of 800 motes of light.)

We just need a method to obtain weapon parts easier. I do like that they put it there for rerolling if there was a method to obtain them with some decent frequency. My new Xbox account, I'm struggling terribly to level any of my guns up because I have no weapon parts. I have only 2 maxed guns.

I have to say, I've been away from Destiny for nearly two weeks now and it feels great. Finally completed Witcher 3, which imo is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long, long time. Not that I dislike Destiny all of a sudden, not in the slightest, but things were getting a bit too much a force of habit to play than actually having 'fun'. Whenever I had some downtime I didn't have anything to do it was always "Guess I'll play some Destiny", without actually accomplishing anything. So it was time to take a break for a while. I'll miss the DGAF shenanigans, but I hope to see you all around The Taken King again ( so don't delete me from your friendslist pls :p).

I keep trying to play the Witcher, but it's not holding my attention so far. Problem is, I'm so used to Souls games combat for that kind of game, and Witcher's combat feels . . . unresponsive, to say the least.

What made it so great to you? Sorry to be OT, but a lot of my Destiny Gaf friends are telling me to finish that game.

Lag can be so depressing. Is it like this every Iron Banner? From suddenly finding myself alone in Strikes and finding that companions suddenly are 300 metres away to the usual in PvP. Indestructible guardians that don't take damage, teleportation without blink...

The Thorn is truly sucking. I am keeping my score between 0.5 and 1, but it is not enough as only void damage counts. I am decent on the mid range using rifles, but not with shotguns or snipers. That's why I was asking for the fusion rifle on PvP, but range is not enough to deal damage without getting close to shotgun range.

I have reconfigured the voidwalker for maximum defense, but Maybe I should try to equip with gear that speeds up grenade recharge, as it is my only ranged weapon for the quest.

So I suppose I will have to keep doing PoE to improve things, maybe a 32 today after work?

Do you have voidfang vestments? If so wear that and you'll spawn with double grenades some helmets have a perk that boosts your super when you grenade kill or melee for hits, camp corners for melees/shotgun kills

Worse comes to worse hook up with a couple of people and just boost it in rumble

Jinjo

I keep trying to play the Witcher, but it's not holding my attention so far. Problem is, I'm so used to Souls games combat for that kind of game, and Witcher's combat feels . . . unresponsive, to say the least.

What made it so great to you? Sorry to be OT, but a lot of my Destiny Gaf friends are telling me to finish that game.

Well to me the story really picked up after the Novigrad quests, the game kinda slogs there, so as soon as you hit level 16-18 and finish the mainquests there, take the boat to Skellige if you can. (I also quit the game at this point for a while)

I felt the same about the combat for a while. but when I had some more skill points things started to click as I focused more on signs than combat skills. The following is an (extended) c/p from my post in Withcer 3 OT:

My Geralt was a mixed built with some sword skills, mainly for building and keeping adrenaline & some extra fast attack damage and top it of with fleet footed. 3 points in Alchemy for higher toxicity treshold (based on number of known formulas) is a must. Makes potions & decoctions so much more viable already. Pumped the rest in Igni, Yrden, Quen & Axii combined with the Rage Management (use adrenaline points for sign casting) & Griffin Armor skills that made for a really fun build. Rocked the Wolf Armor throughout as that seemed to complement that build well.

So moral of the story, focus on signs mostly. You can buy a skill respec potion from the vendor in Passiflora in Novigrad city or Keira Metz if you need to.

ocean

Banned
This looks like a nice drop. NL Shadow: Red-Dot, Auto Fire, Hidden Hand, Hand Laid Stock/Custom Optics. I think I'll keep this.

This morning I am functioning in Slowpoke mode. Discovering now that the game does not use dedicated servers but some peer to peer system? I need to start looking if a "Destiny for Dummies" book has been compiled already.

Sigh. Maybe at least I will be able to play some PoE, later, but I'm not feeling like going into Crucible until the lags goes down. And I don't think it is on my side: I am unplugging every other network device when playing save for my phone and resetting the router. I may have 11 ms of lag in my connectiong, but still not as bad as the 200 ms with my previous provider (when I lived with my parents and they would not change the ISP because it meant doing new holes for cable.

Nothing good yesterday: Another Spare Change .25, a few pieces of Legendary Vanguard armor and Split Shifter Pro (Void). The fusion Rifle I had hopes of being helpful with the Thorn Bounty. Looks like I will have to panhandle a bit for a raid this weekend in an effort to improve my gear.

Ikkarus

I think the thing that amazes me most in Destiny is that nearly a year on the sheer amount of people who still don't know to just hold two zones in Crontol and just keep them. It's always going to be A and B or C and B.

Most capture one and then head off just trying to kill people when they should be trying to capture B.

PatDH

Just got an NL Shadow 701X & Radegast's Fury from a single match, either of them worth keeping?

Being super cautious after dismantling a Hopscotch the other week lol.

Cade

Got Thorn bounty today finally. Almost done with Crucible part, then does anyone wanna help me with Xyor?
Aaand done. Xyor time lemme know

123rl

I think the thing that amazes me most in Destiny is that nearly a year on the sheer amount of people who still don't know to just hold two zones in Crontol and just keep them. It's always going to be A and B or C and B.

Most capture one and then head off just trying to kill people when they should be trying to capture B.

That's why it's so easy to win with just basic communication. Get a group of 4 and it almost doesn't matter if the other players are noobs

deadduck

This morning I am functioning in Slowpoke mode. Discovering now that the game does not use dedicated servers but some peer to peer system? I need to start looking if a "Destiny for Dummies" book has been compiled already..

Weirdly it does have dedicated servers, they handle things like events, scheduling, fireteam handling. It also uses p2p for your interaction with other players. Theres also a p2p host that helps coordinate.

Pretty complex, I'll need time.

An example of this is Crota. His events were handled by the host. If the host disconnected when Crota was kneeling, he would stay kneeling. This was then exploited pathetically for l00t. Crotas timer was moved to the servers, but the damage was done.

Ammo crates and doors are not events, they are handed by the host, so in extreme cases of lag doors won't even open or ammo crates can't be picked up in PvP.

To make it more fun, the host changes every 3 mins. So lag can come and go in a match.

You might be able communicate with me faster than we can both communicate with a server in Seattle. I can understand the approach, however it didn't stop me swearing when coming up against a Iraqi clan with an internet speed as fast a telegram.

BTW, when IB is on, go play normal control or clash... All the high ranking players are in IB, so crucible is easier.

maomaoIYP

A lot of people play control like it's clash then complain when they lose.
The worst is probably spawning near A spawn on Maat Mons and taking A instead of rushing for B.

I'll be online later to start the
Necrochasm
IB train again, if you want to join up.

Waldini

So.. I take it the Radegast dropping is some sort of error? I haven't seen anyone report seeing a Fellwinter drop :(

MEEKZ MEH SAT!

Top Bottom