• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Nuszka

I'll be online later to start the
Necrochasm
IB train again, if you want to join up.

Morning gaf. Was ment to play last night but was to tired lol. Ej, did i hear correctly? Necro train!!! Please pick me :) If you have an eta or a free spot, will be lurking here then.

Edit : MY TITAN IS READY !!!
anigif_enhanced-buzz-20424-1379352564-10.gif

So.. I take it the Radegast dropping is some sort of error? I haven't seen anyone report seeing a Fellwinter drop :(

MEEKZ MEH SAT!

I've only seen Radegast, Jolder's Hammer and Skorri's Revenge dropping so far. I still have an OG scumbag Fellwinter's somewhere in my vault with Hammer Forged and Shot Package. Days were ruined with that thing.

Morning gaf. Was ment to play last night but was to tired lol. Ej, did i hear correctly? Necro train!!! Please pick me :) If you have an eta or a free spot, will be lurking here then.

I have to take care of some things first, but I'll be online around 12-1pm GMT. If we have a full team, I don't mind pulling out the Necro again ;)

Weirdly it does have dedicated servers, they handle things like events, scheduling, fireteam handling. It also uses p2p for your interaction with other players. Theres also a p2p host that helps coordinate.

Pretty complex, I'll need time.

An example of this is Crota. His events were handled by the host. If the host disconnected when Crota was kneeling, he would stay kneeling. This was then exploited pathetically for l00t. Crotas timer was moved to the servers, but the damage was done.

Ammo crates and doors are not events, they are handed by the host, so in extreme cases of lag doors won't even open or ammo crates can't be picked up in PvP.

To make it more fun, the host changes every 3 mins. So lag can come and go in a match.

You might be able communicate with me faster than we can both communicate with a server in Seattle. I can understand the approach, however it didn't stop me swearing when coming up against a Iraqi clan with an internet speed as fast a telegram.

BTW, when IB is on, go play normal control or clash... All the high ranking players are in IB, so crucible is easier.

mymindisfulloffuck.gif

I've never done IB, but Clash was also affected by Lag yesterday. Also pretty pissed of with a moron that coud only shotgun slide going after me the whole time.

Cade

Was gonna try soloing Xyor but I got distracted/annoyed.If anyone wants to join and help me finish off this Thorn bounty lemme know. Otherwise I'll probably just play Iron Banner

deadduck

Also pretty pissed of with a moron that coud only shotgun slide going after me the whole time.

I done the same yesterday at a slide shotgunner, my rage was real, the cats run off. Its a fun trick to learn though, give it a go as it catches many people out.

When facing a slide shotgunner, slide before them and fire early. Like blink/shotgun they'll be used to a certain time/distance.

I done the same yesterday at a slide shotgunner, my rage was real, the cats run off. Its a fun trick to learn though, give it a go as it catches many people out.

When facing a slide shotgunner, slide before them and fire early. Like blink/shotgun they'll be used to a certain time/distance.

The problem is that if I start testing new things through trial / error the thorn experience will deplete (38/500 after two days with matches that made me lose progress). Maybe I should just forget about it and let it go until I get better at PvP with weapons other than scout and pulse.

Anyways, Looks like I will be renewing my subscription in the end. No interesting games in August and I need to save the money for September, so more Destiny during August. I wonder if we will see a drop in players due to The Phantom Pain or people will fast play it to have it finished before TTK launches.

Pat_DC

Was gonna try soloing Xyor but I got distracted/annoyed.If anyone wants to join and help me finish off this Thorn bounty lemme know. Otherwise I'll probably just play Iron Banner

Hi Cade, if I jump on later and you still haven't done it I could help. I'll see if I get a chance (wife & time permitting :)

If not, tomorrow I'll definitely have some time but I'm sure you'll have it done by then.
I'm still levelling my thorn and loving it.

send me a friend request: pat_dc82

The problem is that if I start testing new things through trial / error the thorn experience will deplete (38/500 after two days with matches that made me lose progress). Maybe I should just forget about it and let it go until I get better at PvP with weapons other than scout and pulse.

Anyways, Looks like I will be renewing my subscription in the end. No interesting games in August and I need to save the money for September, so more Destiny during August. I wonder if we will see a drop in players due to The Phantom Pain or people will fast play it to have it finished before TTK launches.

Destiny is weirdly good at player retention. Just look at how populated it is despite all the hate

Destiny is weirdly good at player retention. Just look at how populated it is despite all the hate

Even if it treates most people like an abusive boyfriend with the RNG... I've been looking at my stuff, and one single exotic weapon in two months and nearly 100 hours of playtime. Which Xur decided to sell last week.

Super easy cheesy way to finish thorn bounty is get some friends in a fireteam and go play rumble. Have them run to you for easy kills.

noomi

Good morning dgaf!

Started plucking away on my hydra/ogre kills for an extra 10grim points. Killed about 20 each last night, will do a few more today, and probably by the weekend that will be over with.

Anything else left to do is either pvp related, or something that I can't easily get...

@Nuszka

That top page gif is fucking hilarious man hahaha

Cade

Hi Cade, if I jump on later and you still haven't done it I could help. I'll see if I get a chance (wife & time permitting :)

If not, tomorrow I'll definitely have some time but I'm sure you'll have it done by then.
I'm still levelling my thorn and loving it.

send me a friend request: pat_dc82
Cool, thanks! Unfortunately, 24 hours of being awake caught up go me and I gotta sleep but if tomorrow I don't have it done I'll hit you up! Thanks again!

Super easy cheesy way to finish thorn bounty is get some friends in a fireteam and go play rumble. Have them run to you for easy kills.

I don't have actual friends who play this, just The gaffers I've been adding for when I need to do Nightfall or PoE and I post it here. Asking somebody to "please die for me" would be a bit too much. Although I'd probably would find somebody on Destiny LFG looking for that.

nOoblet16

I don't have actual friends who play this, just The gaffers I've been adding for when I need to do Nightfall or PoE and I post it here. Asking somebody to "please die for me" would be a bit too much. Although I'd probably would find somebody on Destiny LFG looking for that.

He wasn't being specific about real life friends though, I know quite a few people who've done this with their online friends. It's just the nature of it that you become good friends with the person online even if you've never met them or seen them just by playing with them constantly, so it's ok to ask them if you are in such a position.

As for online friends, here's something.
I've known Ruthless for years now (about close to 10 years !!) but I've never met him in person despite the fact that I've met some of his real life friends, that he was the one who got me my first PS3 (as it was not available in my city back then, so I asked him to get it and send it to me), it's just that we were never at one place at the same time. But I consider him a real life friend and I will meet him next week for the first time as will I meet some of the other GAFers here. Basically, due to the nature of interaction I find that some online friends can be as close as real life friends.

He wasn't being specific about real life friends though, I know quite a few people who've done this with their online friends. It's just the nature of it that you become good friends with the person online even if you've never met them or seen them just by playing with them constantly.

I've known Ruthless for years (about close to 10 years now !!) but I've never met him despite the fact that we come from the same country originally and he was the one who got me my first PS3 (as it was not available in my city back then, so I asked him to get it and send it to me), it's just that we were never at one place at the same time. But I consider him a real life friend and I will meet him next week for the first time as will I meet some of the other GAFers here.

What I mean is that I don't even have a group of online friends who regularly play, as every contact I have is filled with dumb destiny hate or still waiting for the PS4 revision. Ruthless is the only person I have played with several times.

noomi

He wasn't being specific about real life friends though, I know quite a few people who've done this with their online friends. It's just the nature of it that you become good friends with the person online even if you've never met them or seen them just by playing with them constantly, so it's ok to ask them if you are in such a position.

As for online friends, here's something.
I've known Ruthless for years now (about close to 10 years !!) but I've never met him in person despite the fact that I've met some of his real life friends, that he was the one who got me my first PS3 (as it was not available in my city back then, so I asked him to get it and send it to me), it's just that we were never at one place at the same time. But I consider him a real life friend and I will meet him next week for the first time as will I meet some of the other GAFers here. Basically, due to the nature of interaction I find that some online friends can be as close as real life friends.

This is very true, I have some friends that I have been gaming online with since 1999 and had never met. Some in Canada, some in Europe.... everywhere. We don't have a means to visit each other really, but if they were ever in my area or vice versa I would totally grab a beer with them.

As for DGAF, you guys are all awesome, and I've made so many great friends here since the first OT. If you are ever in NJ, lets grab a drink :D

nOoblet16

What I mean is that I don't even have a group of online friends who regularly play, as every contact I have is filled with dumb destiny hate or still waiting for the PS4 revision. Ruthless is the only person I have played with several times.

You should try playing with other GAFers, infact since IB is going on you definitely should hop onto a PvP train with me and the lot or any one of the trains really.

Personal performance isn't a factor in Iron Banner as we play for fun (and end up winning most of the time anyway), like even yesterday I bought in a PSN friend who never really played PvP and was very reserved about playing it, worried that she might "drag us down" but for the next 2 hours I can personally say that I had one of the best PvP sessions ever because of how much fun it was with the constant jokes and humour...I hadn't had a PvP session where I laughed that much in a long long time.

Plus you learn so much more about the game when you play PvP together, and what's more you can even get some of the IB gear and improve your inventory ! You might even get that thorn bounty done, since you die much less when you are playing together.

Klyka

Banned
I am currently lvl 32, can I do Vault of Glass Hard and Crota's End Hard with that?
I'd like to get stuff done for my "triumphs" and I only need those two + Prison of Elders (which i haven't even unlocked yet) to go.

Nuszka

Going to do some IB if anyone wants to tag along. Join on either me, Ikkarus or nOoblet16.

Sorry but i have to bail on that train, there is a chance that i would have to drive to drop of my wife somewhere, so id rather not join then quit mid game. Will play some witcher in the meantime.

ocean

Banned
I am currently lvl 32, can I do Vault of Glass Hard and Crota's End Hard with that?
I'd like to get stuff done for my "triumphs" and I only need those two + Prison of Elders (which i haven't even unlocked yet) to go.
Your level is certainly enough :) PoE 35 you need to be 34 though.

geordiemp

To make it more fun, the host changes every 3 mins. So lag can come and go in a match.

The rest of your post is well known...Did not know the host changed every 3 minutes...

How did you find that out ?

Destiny need to boot players who lag more than say 300 ms...or have an MTU below 1400...In both cases it is an indication of deliberate acts. #outtamyass

Also connection should be a much stronger factor in Destiny...

Its why I left COD AW, skill based match making more important than connection = lagfest shit.

I am sure people who are more familair with networking could make better rules.

God, its getting harder and harder to find a decent online game to play without all this bullshit

You should try playing with other GAFers, infact since IB is going on you definitely should hop onto a PvP train with me and the lot or any one of the trains really.

Personal performance isn't a factor in Iron Banner as we play for fun (and end up winning most of the time anyway), like even yesterday I bought in a PSN friend who never really played PvP and was very reserved about playing it, worried that she might "drag us down" but for the next 2 hours I can personally say that I had one of the best PvP sessions ever because of how much fun it was with the constant jokes and humour...I hadn't had a PvP session where I laughed that much in a long long time.

Plus you learn so much more about the game when you play PvP together, and what's more you can even get some of the IB gear and improve your inventory ! You might even get that thorn bounty done, since you die much less when you are playing together.

I guess I could try and join during the weekend. while it is not competitive, I can participate. The stupid thing is that so many PSN friends now and I am always afraid of asking if they want to do something. Most of them have been one time events for doing a NF.

In any case, I don't own good armor or weaponry for IB (I never reroll since I don't have stuff worthy of that), so it can only be "for fun". It also means that I should try to do PoE 32 and 34 this week, get the current piece of armor from Variks and the Etheric Light.

nOoblet16

I guess I could try and join during the weekend. while it is not competitive, I can participate. The stupid thing is that so many PSN friends now and I am always afraid of asking if they want to do something. Most of them have been one time events for doing a NF.

In any case, I don't own good armor or weaponry for IB (I never reroll since I don't have stuff worthy of that), so it can only be "for fun". It also means that I should try to do PoE 32 and 34 this week, get the current piece of armor from Variks and the Etheric Light.

All that matters is you are level 32-34, and have a gun that is fully leveled up. Doesn't matter much if you have bad guns it's your own gameplay that matters and what you are trying to improve. And like I said, personal performance is not a factor as we win most of the times anyway and you can just learn from listening other players and you'll do alright soon enough.

Once you get into PvP you have an entire new side of the game unlocked for you, so it's worth a try.

Lnkn52

Whats the context?

Explained by Mr. Drizzay:
WYL = WishYouLuckk, one of the biggest non-TripleWreck PvP streamers. Mainly plays on X1, has a ~4.0 K/D, ridiculously good but also abrasive and arrogant personality.

Bungie did their "Bungie Bounty" today where they played normal Control with Deej, the new community guy Cozmo and some clan called Dames of Destny that do a Guardian Radio podcast thing. Their team was terrible and lost every game.

WYL was trying to match against them for his stream but never could and Bungie's own stream kept dying and their players kept getting DC'ed, lots of technical problems. While Bungie's stream was offline, WYL joined their fire team because he had one of the Dames on his friends list. He said "I only have one thing to say: Yo Deej, suck my balls." Then he left their fire team. He had ~1500 viewers at the time so lots of people saw it.

Top Bottom