• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

LiK

I guess I could try and join during the weekend. while it is not competitive, I can participate. The stupid thing is that so many PSN friends now and I am always afraid of asking if they want to do something. Most of them have been one time events for doing a NF.

In any case, I don't own good armor or weaponry for IB (I never reroll since I don't have stuff worthy of that), so it can only be "for fun". It also means that I should try to do PoE 32 and 34 this week, get the current piece of armor from Variks and the Etheric Light.

Some IB trains are more competitive than others but most play for fun.

They got laggers in their bungie broadcast game and could not shoot them lol....

Yea, I'm wondering about other lag switchers out there in other games.

GutZ31

:lol

A shame nobody captured footage of it. :(

It was a train wreck, going down constantly, and voice chat/players dropping out left and right.

It was hard to watch without just laughing at how bad it was.
Not to mention the chat was pure cancer.

All that matters is you are level 32-34, and have a gun that is fully leveled up. Doesn't matter much if you have bad guns it's your own gameplay that matters and what you are trying to improve. And like I said, personal performance is not a factor as we win most of the times anyway and you can just learn from listening other players and you'll do alright soon enough.

Once you get into PvP you have an entire new side of the game unlocked for you, so it's worth a try.

Fully as in Ascended? I have the whole skill set for the weapons I use (Spare Change .25, Zero Point LOPT and Dry Rot / Party Crasher +1), but I haven't applied Etheric Light on them.

Regarding Learning, the problem is that I don't find PvP fun or enjoyable. I did not start improving until very recently, and it was mostly for an stupid weapon everybody seems to hate.Improvement that was rendered useless as I actually need to learn shotgun and sniper gameplay :(

E92 M3

Weekly updates have been good so far. I think they will be detailing the new patrol space today, but I hope they don't show too much.

noomi

For titan skating....

I think I've been doing it wrong this whole time.... Normally I jump, wait to descend down a bit and hit the titan jetpack right before hitting the ground to skate forward.

I realized that after jumping, hitting jetpack on then quickly off, and then on again very quickly gives a stronger forward boost....

Kind of hard to explain, but I guess that's how I should be doing it?

Alright, time to farm some ogres. It's all ogre now!

Started doing this yesterday as well, Shrine of Orix, right? I need about 60 more :/

It was so bad, Bungie deleted the archives of yesterday's stream.

That's pretty bad lol, DELETE THE EVIDENCE!

Daemul

I find it hilarious that it took their own guys being screwed over by lag switchers for Bungie to actually do something about it. Better late then never I suppose.

I think the thing that amazes me most in Destiny is that nearly a year on the sheer amount of people who still don't know to just hold two zones in Crontol and just keep them. It's always going to be A and B or C and B.

Most capture one and then head off just trying to kill people when they should be trying to capture B.

If you're in a good team you don't actually need to hold two zones to win, whenever my group play control or IB we only capture the flag at our spawn than we go for the kills since we will kill much more of the enemy than they will of us. It's also to draw the opposition into a false pretence about the possibility of making a comeback, since they will have two flags, in order to prevent players on their team leaving the match.

nOoblet16

Fully as in Ascended? I have the whole skill set for the weapons I use (Spare Change .25, Zero Point LOPT and Dry Rot / Party Crasher +1), but I haven't applied Etheric Light on them.

Regarding Learning, the problem is that I don't find PvP fun or enjoyable. I did not start improving until very recently, and it was mostly for an stupid weapon everybody seems to hate.Improvement that was rendered useless as I actually need to learn shotgun and sniper gameplay :(
Well even 331 is alright, the difference is miniscule.

You will find it enjoying if you play with people, it's frustrating alone...that's why I almost never play it solo. You can join right now by the way.

Waldini

Funny when you come across Destiny YouTubers :) I've come across EnragedCinema, RelaxingEnd and several others on XBOX One.

Your mind immediately switches to try-hard mode. Because, yeah ... alot of those guys are great PvP players.

Stumbled upon RelaxingEnd in Trials. When our ticket was at 8-0 and our loss boon used. I thought to myself: "Well, goodbye Mercury!" ... but ended up winning 5-0. I think he was carrying people. He was the only one alive ... all the time.

I've encountered EnragedCinema (Prodigy) in PvP. Had some good laughs when he was in game-chat and showed me that the No Land Beyond is actually a pretty fun weapon to use.

nOoblet16

I find it hilarious that it took their own guys being screwed over by lag switchers for Bungie to actually do something about it. Better late then never I suppose.

If you're in a good team you don't actually need to hold two zones to win, whenever my group play control or IB we only capture the flag at our spawn than we go for the kills since we will kill much more of the enemy than they will of us. It's also to draw the opposition into a false pretence about the possibility of making a comeback, since they will have two flags, in order to prevent players on their team leaving the match.

The only time you can win with one control point is if the other team is really really bad.

GutZ31

For titan skating....

I think I've been doing it wrong this whole time.... Normally I jump, wait to descend down a bit and hit the titan jetpack right before hitting the ground to skate forward.

I realized that after jumping, hitting jetpack on then quickly off, and then on again very quickly gives a stronger forward boost....

Started doing this yesterday as well, Shrine of Orix, right? I need about 60 more :/

To skate easily, just quickly tap the jump button about 7 times as fast as possible while using catapult as your jump for the fastest travel speed.

MrMuscle

For titan skating....

This is a good video to watch about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbShl33GK2Q

noomi

To skate easily, just quickly tap the jump button about 7 times as fast as possible while using catapult as your jump for the fastest travel speed.

I've heard that better control should be used for skating, I'll try catapult today though.

Normally I'm not able to do it 7 times on/off but more like 3/4 times max.

Will play around some more :) Thanks.

Namikaze1

For titan skating....

Yep, that's how it is done.

As for ogre farming, decided to do some pulse farming first and then off to the shrine on normal.

Deku Tree

So Bungie has been sent thousands of videos of terrible laggers who are obviously lag switching and they do basically close to nothing for months and months and months, then these types of players are so prevalent that Bungie runs into a lot of them on their own broadcast and because of that and only that Bungie decides to immediately start a "ban party" that is probably temporary and will not really affect the horrible lag problems that makes the crucible not fun to play. Kthx

GutZ31

So Bungie has been sent thousands of videos of terrible laggers who are obviously lag switching and they do basically close to nothing for months and months and months, then these types of players are so prevalent that Bungie runs into a lot of them on their own broadcast and because of that and only that Bungie decides to immediately start a "ban party" that is probably temporary and will not really affect the horrible lag problems that makes the crucible not fun to play. Kthx

They really should have servers to host anything that is leaderboards based.
ToO and Iron Banner at least should have servers hosted by activision or bungie to make them more official.
While we are at changing things, lets get custom games, and lan support.

Haha I enjoy playing with both sides now. This community is too awesome :p

We just need a method to obtain weapon parts easier. I do like that they put it there for rerolling if there was a method to obtain them with some decent frequency. My new Xbox account, I'm struggling terribly to level any of my guns up because I have no weapon parts. I have only 2 maxed guns.
Maxing 3 green weapons with each bounty, then dismantling them, seems to be a good way once the nightfall bonus is available. I've actually been buying Uncommon special weapon and heavy weapon engrams from the Cryptarch to use for this. Max efficiency is getting wins in trials and then dismantling the ToO weapons from Vance. Once I've used these two strategies I've been keeping above 0 weapon parts. They're both kind of non-obvious though, bungie should just make the gunsmith sell parts at 250 a pop or something.

It's pretty weird though because I had assumed the ToO weapon wouldn't dismantle to parts, since the Vanguard Armory weapons which are similarly cheap don't (even though the helm from the armory dismantles to class mats). Only found out about it when reading online.

LiK

They really should have servers to host anything that is leaderboards based.
ToO and Iron Banner at least should have servers hosted by activision or bungie to make them more official.
While we are at changing things, lets get custom games, and lan support.

Yup, dedicated servers for the hardcore modes would've been better but nope.

purg3

slept with Malkin

That's the way I see it. These aren't new problems that just popped up overnight. But then they get clowned on, and action is almost immediate. Go figure.

Carn82

Weirdly it does have dedicated servers, they handle things like events, scheduling, fireteam handling. It also uses p2p for your interaction with other players. Theres also a p2p host that helps coordinate.

Pretty complex, I'll need time.

An example of this is Crota. His events were handled by the host. If the host disconnected when Crota was kneeling, he would stay kneeling. This was then exploited pathetically for l00t. Crotas timer was moved to the servers, but the damage was done.

Ammo crates and doors are not events, they are handed by the host, so in extreme cases of lag doors won't even open or ammo crates can't be picked up in PvP.

To make it more fun, the host changes every 3 mins. So lag can come and go in a match.

For the ones interested, the relevant GDC presentation;
http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022247/Shared-World-Shooter-Destiny-s

Carn82

also, just google 'gdc vault destiny'; there are some pretty informative presentations available regarding the game's engine, content creation, animation, etc.

Karl2177

Hah, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Awesome. :lol

I'm up for PoE 32 or 34 if anyone wants to run one. Gonna knock out the daily and some strikes otherwise.
I wouldn't expect any rerolling like it is in HoW until later in Year 2. I also wouldn't expect Bungie to keep using the same tired materials like Sapphire Wire and Plasteel for armor upgrades. The economy has shifted a bunch already, and at this point that is one of the biggest problems in the economy.

noomi

Just less than 3000 for Pulse Rifles. Can't wait to get done with this shit.

"We've awoken the hive"

fry_drooling.gif

Daemul

It's times like these when I wish that Bungie were still with MS, at least then the game would be using Azure servers and none of this hybrid crap.

E92 M3

Starting a new character has me forced to use weapons I normally wouldn't and been killing it with my green pulse rifle in PVP.

Still don't like pulse rifles, though.

Namikaze1

"We've awoken the hive"
That's why I'm only gonna spend half an hour here.

Last time I spent up to a hour and a half doing the side arms grimoire. Never again.

Just need less than 2000 now after spending 30 minutes farming. Gonna head to ogre farming now and do another 30 minutes later which will get me down to less than a 1000 for it.

ori0n378e

I guess I could try and join during the weekend. while it is not competitive, I can participate. The stupid thing is that so many PSN friends now and I am always afraid of asking if they want to do something. Most of them have been one time events for doing a NF.

In any case, I don't own good armor or weaponry for IB (I never reroll since I don't have stuff worthy of that), so it can only be "for fun". It also means that I should try to do PoE 32 and 34 this week, get the current piece of armor from Variks and the Etheric Light.
I think you need to take it easier on yourself. You couldn't be worse than I was last night in IB. Averaged 3 kills and .3ish KDR, it was horrible. GAF guys are great, we had fun and got our IB reps up. And sorry to you guys for playing so crappie last night, not that I'm good but better than last night...

GutZ31

I think it may be time for a new PS4 destinyGAF signup list, and have it in the OP for newcomers.
The old one is still up, just has a large amount of people that no longer play destiny at this time.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cDqB002KoQSpflSRFPXLCOrSYP5grr6vIsg3h6gBQME/edit#gid=947216243
I think you need to take it easier on yourself. You couldn't be worse than I was last night in IB. Averaged 3 kills and .3ish KDR, it was horrible. GAF guys are great, we had fun and got our IB reps up. And sorry to you guys for playing so crappie last night, not that I'm good but better than last night...
You are probably better than bungies community manager though.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429501017/2305843009292996472

He is rocking a 0.62K/D, all time.
The last game he played was 0.33

I think you probably can do better than that, so don't beat yourself up.

Top Bottom