• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Two questions:

1) I have the shadow of veils sniper for pvp and love it. I am grabbing the spear when I hit rank 4. Seems like it comes with pretty solid perks right out of the box for pvp (and more that passable perks for pve). Does that sound right to everyone else?

2) what's the IB deal with alts? I know once you level your "main" up to a certain level in IB, then your alt gets some boost so you can level it up real quick-like. What are the specifics on that?

ocean

Banned
I had no idea about those buffs...

So just any emblem with IB?
That God awful Million Million shader?
And then a class item that you have to be rank 3 (or 4) to buy?

I'm grinding for my first Etheric lights ever. I thought it'd be terrible, but it's actually going much quicker than I thought. This post gave me hope of getting to rank 5 rather than just rank 3. So thanks!
Yeah either of the two Iron Banner emblems, any of the two Iron Banner shaders and any of the Iron Banner Class Items buff rep gains by 10% each.

Tempering buff is 10% on Tuesday, 15% on Wednesday, 25% on Thursday, 40% on Friday, 60% on Saturday, 100% on Sunday and 150% on Monday.

On top of these buffs, if you have an alts they get 2x rep until they catch up to your highest ranking character. Reaching rank 3 with 3 characters is faster than reaching rank 5 with 2 of them because of this.

lt519

Oh no!

I just realized I have to go away on a business trip when TTK comes out... SHIT!

Wait... maybe I can take my PS4 with me?!

Damnit :(

I'm with ya, I'll be gone practically all of September. I'm not too bummed about missing out on the story with my IRL friends, they'll save a character to play it with me, it's more the raid. I really like doing the raids blind without any prior knowledge and they'll have done it by then ):

Nuszka

Oh no!

I just realized I have to go away on a business trip when TTK comes out... SHIT!

Seriously ? Damn, i took the day off and only work 6 hours the next day. Keep me updated cause the fresh HoW run was a lot of fun.

noomi

I had to do that when House of Wolves came out and it was excruciating. Good luck =/

I'm with ya, I'll be gone practically all of September. I'm not too bummed about missing out on the story with my IRL friends, they'll save a character to play it with me, it's more the raid. I really like doing the raids blind without any prior knowledge and they'll have done it by then ):

Seriously ? Damn, i took the day off and only work 6 hours the next day. Keep me updated cause the fresh HoW run was a lot of fun.

Well, I requested off the 15th and 16th... (which was already approved) but my business trip starts on the 17th - 19th. For which I will need to drive about 6hours to get to Vermont...

I just need to check if my boss is cool with me doing all that, or maybe this will be the year I don't actually have to go, since this trip kind of sucks balls every year :/

giphy.gif

ocean

Banned
Two questions:

1) I have the shadow of veils sniper for pvp and love it. I am grabbing the spear when I hit rank 4. Seems like it comes with pretty solid perks right out of the box for pvp (and more that passable perks for pve). Does that sound right to everyone else?

2) what's the IB deal with alts? I know once you level your "main" up to a certain level in IB, then your alt gets some boost so you can level it up real quick-like. What are the specifics on that?
Spear is a must-own for PvE. In each element it's an amazing part of a load out since it's the only 37 impact sniper other than Black Hammer. For PvP the Impact advantage it has over SoV/HB/LDR etc is largely wasted since these others can also kill through revive shields and Bladedancers and stuff. Spear is a lot slower and has terrible RoF, making follow-up shots impossible.

It's probably your best bet for PvE in almost any scenario where you're not using shotguns, but very rarely a good choice in PvP. Final Round was the only thing it had going for it. You can't roll that anymore, and even if you could it'll no longer do anything in PvP after September.

As for alt buff: your Alts get 2x rep until they catch up to your highest rank character.

These two are still salty over a very scrubby performance they can't ever live down.

#4-3

Tears grab your sword.

I'll be home to run sword in about 2 hours if you need me! Unless the public transport gods decide to fuck up my day again.

And you're good at it. :)

EJ's comment encapsulates my Destiny career.

[/spoiler] Thumbs up 100%!
Even if you wear weird outfits. :p

I can get behind the teabag Grimlock movement, but I would be dead umpteen times plus one.
Hundred

Mandatory clan gear: Clown suit. Clan message? Teabag Grimlock!

Yeah either of the two Iron Banner emblems, any of the two Iron Banner shaders and any of the Iron Banner Class Items buff rep gains by 10% each.

Tempering buff is 10% on Tuesday, 15% on Wednesday, 25% on Thursday, 40% on Friday, 60% on Saturday, 100% on Sunday and 150% on Monday.

On top of these buffs, if you have an alts they get 2x rep until they catch up to your highest ranking character. Reaching rank 3 with 3 characters is faster than reaching rank 5 with 2 of them because of this.
Bless you.

Did not know about that alt part, interesting.

For TLW i should pick the perks for the highest stability possible?

Nuszka

Well, I requested off the 15th and 16th... (which was already approved) but my business trip starts on the 17th - 19th. For which I will need to drive about 6hours to get to Vermont...

I just need to check if my boss is cool with me doing all that, or maybe this will be the year I don't actually have to go, since this trip kind of sucks balls every year :/
Hope it works out. If needed i will not touch the game until you arrive.

Shito

I think I'm hitting a "let's take a small break from the game" phase again: haven't touched the game ever since Monday, and if it weren't for my girlfriend and another friend wanting to run a nightfall tonight, I probably wouldn't have had the desire to do so.
I know I should take advantage of IB and Trials this week-end to work on my Thorn bounty this week-end, but I don't know, I haven't felt like booting up the game these past days...
I've just received my PS4 stick and now all I want is for Capcom to announce a new date for the SF5 beta... ^^

off-topic, but please try and quote your GIFS if they are that big (like below), it's hard to hide that big of a laughing lizard, mammal, whatever, on my work computer (;

Also fantastic work LiK

Lmao i know. I tried to edit that quote in but mobile gaf isnt letting me for whatever reason. It doesn't register the change =/

Ryck

How about IB armor does that boost anything?

^ IB armor does not give a boost. Only the emblem, shader, class item, and Tempering Buff.

For TLW i should pick the perks for the highest stability possible?

For TLW: Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance. Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance. Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance.

I might make that an OT title at some point considering how often this question comes up :p

Well even 331 is alright, the difference is miniscule.

You will find it enjoying if you play with people, it's frustrating alone...that's why I almost never play it solo. You can join right now by the way.

You have a point there. Even for a nightfall, being able to interact or talk changes everything, beating the feeling of loneliness with randoms. Not to mention that game modes more complex than deathmatch and Team Deathmatch probably need a lot of teamwork.

Speaking of randoms, please. When we are doing the Valus Taur'c strike and the tank appears, GET OUT OF THE FUCKING TOWER. They always end dead. Always.

^ IB armor does not give a boost. Only the emblem, shader, class item, and Tempering Buff.

For TLW: Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance. Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance. Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance.

I might make that an OT title at some point considering how often this question comes up :p

Haha thanks. An informative title would be a good change ;)

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Manged to reroll my Matador into something I like.

Agressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Rifled Barrel & Rodeo.

Is that a keeper or is it worth looking for something more useful as the final perk? I was hoping for something like Army of One or maybe Battle Runner.

Oh no!

Same. I won't be home until a week after TTK releases. I'll bring my Vita to try to do some stuff but it probably won't be great.

I also miss out on my friend's bachelor party in Vegas that weekend. It sucks.

Izuna

Banned
Played a little Iron Banner.

Our team only lost a single game but at least I came out on top (>2.5kd per game) each time.

But regardless, here is us making a come back!

Full Clip: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Flag/video/5739210

Is that a keeper or is it worth looking for something more useful as the final perk? I was hoping for something like Army of One or maybe Battle Runner.

I personally like Rangefinder, but Shotpackage will be better after the patch for sure.

LiK

Nope, he should pick aggressive balistics for the higher impact which allows 2 shot kills.
I practically know no TLW user who doesn't picks aggressive ballistics.

I mean for the other perks. Aggressive bullets should be the default for any gun ever. Anyone who actively posts here should know that by now.

Its something like a .4% chance of getting your first three perks then LITC/Kneepads. If you're feeling lucky go for it, personally i'd wait till another drops

On the perks thing for TLW Ive switched to using perfect balance on Thorn its much better imo

Last perk is easily the least important so I'd keep that unless you have a ton of weapon parts lying around. Especially since we don't know how hard the shot package nerf will hit these guns.

Knee pads is the best last perk btw, followed by LitC. Army of One and Battle Runner are ok, Rodeo is worthless but oh well.

nOoblet16

Its something like a .4% chance of getting your first three perks then LITC/Kneepads. If you're feeling lucky go for it, personally i'd wait till another drops

On the perks thing for TLW Ive switched to using perfect balance on Thorn its much better imo

Thorn is the opposite in that the most effective way to use it requires not using perfect balance but rather Send it, this perk is what gives it the max range and accuracy out of any Handcanon.

Homeboyd

Yeah Im wondering the same about my newly acquired matador.

I got:

- field choke (no agg bal)
- rangefinder
- reinforced barrel
- kneepads (super sweaty)

Wondering if I should re-roll. Please advise mlg-pros.

Have a party crasher ascended with agg bal., shot package, sling/inj mold, final round already.

What's the easiest way to pick up some legendary armor on a new character? New Titan is at 25 with an exotic chest and legendary helm. Need some boots and gloves to get him into end game stuff. Not even close to rank two with any factions.

geordiemp

So destiny are handing out the ban hammers today it appears.

The salt will be delicious.

Waiting for the posts saying it was not me...

radiohead1

Neo Member
Just wanted to say thanks to the great group of Gaffers who let me board their IB Train this morning. As a mediocre player at best, it is humbling to play with such good PvPers! When I play with randoms, I'm always near the top of the leaderboard, but when I play with Gaffers, I'm always bringing up the rear. Must be lag ; )

dorssom

Top Bottom