• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I took two days off from work for TTK. Im such a loser. I didn't even tell my GF because I don't want to hear sh*t.

And the servers will probably not work because of traffic.

Namikaze1

Thank god for the app, I couldn't stand not seeing my radar so I switched everything to my phone. It's helped big time.
It was fine when messages and invite notifications popped up on the right side. Don't know why Sony decided to change that. Since then, I had it off.

Heh. I may as well drop out now and hope I can get in before September 15th for the Triumph.

I already have an Armor Core that I haven't spent yet from the first time I did PoE 32. No exotic gauntlets. VoC isn't 365; need EL for that as well. No 365 Shotgun OR Rocket Launcher.

So, I would need 4 (FOUR!) Etheric Lights. At BEST, I could get 2 before Saturday with IB and PoE 34.

This isn't happening. Darn my adult responsibilities!

I'm going to drop out. Don't have me wasting your time, dude. I'm not worth it.

Looks like I'm only playing Destiny until Fallout 4.

Score some PoE 34 weapons. There is a really nice Fusion for sale right now (Arc)

Plus you get a Light from that

Grab another armor core and then snag whatever exotic armor is for sale (or roll one with motes of light) this weekend

You can make this happen bro

Kyoufu

The TTK PS4 bundle is available on Amazon.com now if anyone plans on buying it. Doesn't look like it's going to be the new 1200 model though :/

lt519

This isn't happening.

Well, see if Xur is selling exotic Guantlets/Boots this weekend and then you'd only need one EL to get to 34 since you could buy the helm with the armor core. We can deal with the lower fire power, really not as big of a deal, but I'd probably bump you towards the bottom of the list due to higher risk of not being able to get it done. Let me know if you manage 34 in the coming weeks anyway and we'll give it a spin.

noomi

Lowest kills on my team just got skorri revenge and btrd

Yes, this is the way of RNG.... Many times I am on top of the scoreboard and get nothing.

I think the game reasons.... "hey he's good enough and doesn't need anything, lets give the not-so-good player the loot so he can get better"

I took two days off from work for TTK. Im such a loser. I didn't even tell my GF because I don't want to hear sh*t.

Nah dude, I did the same lol. <3 destiny

SheHateMe

Score some PoE 34 weapons. There is a really nice Fusion for sale right now (Arc)

Plus you get a Light from that

Grab another armor core and then snag whatever exotic armor is for sale (or roll one with motes of light) this weekend

You can make this happen bro

I appreciate your vote of confidence! It made me look a bit deeper into this.

I think I can get real close to 34 right now, actually. I have Bones Of Yao Ming in my Armory, which are already at max. Roll that first Armor Core for a Helmet, and get a EL for the gauntlets. That'll put me at 34.

I still need to get my weapons to max, though.

Yes, this is the way of RNG.... Many times I am on top of the scoreboard and get nothing.

I think the game reasons.... "hey he's good enough and doesn't need anything, lets give the not-so-good player the loot so he can get better"

Nah dude, I did the same lol. <3 destiny

I didn't take a day off this summer to take her anywhere, but I took 2 days off for Destiny. There is just no way I can sit at work while everyone is playing at home. it would drive me nuts.

OkayRene

It finally happened! My greatest triumph in all of Destiny was achieved last night. May I present to you the first time I had the highest score in an GAF IB Train:

Thanks so much for the enjoyable run everybody. Sorry I stole the Jolder's Hammer.

Oh no, my 4 kill game! LOOK AWAY!

Thanks for the invite, Hudson. That was a super fun run.

I think I can get real close to 34 right now, actually. I have Bones Of Yao Ming in my Armory, which are already at max. Roll that first Armor Core for a Helmet, and get a EL for the gauntlets. That'll put me at 34.

Well you can lean on that Fusion rifle since its 365 right out the gate and youll have teh weapon core already if you do PoE 34

lt519

Hahaha Bones of Yao Ming that's fantastic.

Cool man, don't drive yourself nuts trying to do it by Saturday. I just have the weekend to myself since the GF is going on a trip so I can do a lot of runs. Other DGAF and myself will be running Skolas until TTK comes out.

How can people not grasp the basic concept of Control and Iron Banner? If you only capture the first flag at the start of the game, you're going to lose and not get any points. It's brutal playing this with randoms when I'm the only one trying to cap flags while my entire dumb team hangs back and snipes and we lose by 10,000 points.

noomi

I didn't take a day off this summer to take her anywhere, but I took 2 days off for Destiny. There is just no way I can sit at work while everyone is playing at home. it would drive me nuts.

Treat her real nice before TTK in that case, take her out for a nice dinner, take a weekend off somewhere lol.

My wife is pretty cool about my gaming habits.... sometimes :p

Treat her real nice before TTK in that case, take her out for a nice dinner, take a weekend off somewhere lol.

My wife is pretty cool about my gaming habits.... sometimes :p

Mine has been out of control for a while now, and I recognize it. I just don't want to stop.

SheHateMe

Well you can lean on that Fusion rifle since its 365 right out the gate and youll have teh weapon core already if you do PoE 34

True that. So, I need to run PoE 34.

ANYONE WANT TO DO POE 34 WITH ME?!?!?!? Lol

Hahaha Bones of Yao Ming that's fantastic.

Cool man, don't drive yourself nuts trying to do it by Saturday. I just have the weekend to myself since the GF is going on a trip so I can do a lot of runs. Other DGAF and myself will be running Skolas until TTK comes out.

I won't drive myself crazy.
I think.
I just know that with 40 days until TTK, and only 2 more Triumphs to complete, it's coming down to the wire. Skolas and Crota is all I have left.

But I think I can do this. I really do.

SpecX

A couple things are annoying about iron banner, primarily the bounties:

1) Promotes randoms or even people on the team to pick up heavy right away because they want to complete the bounty.
2) Promotes people to Cap C when we have A and B because they want to complete the bounty.

Luckily a couple times I skipped the heavy in order to cap B which totally changed the flow of the game and we won. A bounty is cool and all but when we're down 15k to 16k and they have 2 points including B, send a couple people to cap B to change the tide. A win will net you more points overall since you'll complete your bounties over time. Unless you only have a few games of course but then just go in a random team / solo iron banner if you don't want to be a team player. Just my thoughts. Towards the end of your play session if you need something to finish some then of course it's fine.

Just my thoughts. I think about the win versus my bounties. Not waiting a few seconds for heavy just for your own bounty is probably the worst of the 2.

Issue 1 hasnt happenwd nearly as much to be a problem for me but I always run into issue 2 even when IB isn't going on. Most often than not the random I get paired with in control decide to treat it like a death match and ignore capturing the points. I get so frustrated trying to hold control points and everyone else runs right past it for the next kill.

Nuszka

Same here as well dude, only i am going on vacation to Italy for a week and will be back just before TTK. Will turn on my super husband mode on after that i will be able to play until i faint.

True that. So, I need to run PoE 34.

ANYONE WANT TO DO POE 34 WITH ME?!?!?!? Lol

I won't drive myself crazy.
I think.
I just know that with 40 days until TTK, and only 2 more Triumphs to complete, it's coming down to the wire. Skolas and Crota is all I have left.

But I think I can do this. I really do.

Im gonna run 34 about 3 hours from now Im thinkin?

not sure yet

Ill be hunting for volunteers in this thread if my buds arent on

A couple things are annoying about iron banner, primarily the bounties:

1) Promotes randoms or even people on the team to pick up heavy right away because they want to complete the bounty.
2) Promotes people to Cap C when we have A and B because they want to complete the bounty.

Luckily a couple times I skipped the heavy in order to cap B which totally changed the flow of the game and we won. A bounty is cool and all but when we're down 15k to 16k and they have 2 points including B, send a couple people to cap B to change the tide. A win will net you more points overall since you'll complete your bounties over time. Unless you only have a few games of course but then just go in a random team / solo iron banner if you don't want to be a team player. Just my thoughts. Towards the end of your play session if you need something to finish some then of course it's fine.

Just my thoughts. I think about the win versus my bounties. Not waiting a few seconds for heavy just for your own bounty is probably the worst of the 2.

You would hate playing with me then if I was a random on your team! These are the reasons I prefer to play solo first so I can get the bounties done then team up with everyone and worry about wins.

Keep this roll!

Rangefinder can OHKO from further range, Shotpackage just makes it easier from any range.

Don't use Field Choke of you have Reinforced Barrel, use Accurised if you have it. There is no need to roll Agressive on the Matador since its impact is high enough, and the range has a cap.

Sorry but I totally disagree. Aggressive Ballistics is a must. I had a Matador with Accurized (same impact as Field Choke), and I noticed that when I'd trade from range with another Matador or Felwinter's, I would die while they would live with a tiny sliver of health.

Aggressive/Shot Package/Reinforced or Rifle Barreled are total must haves. Last perk can be pretty much anything if you have those three and max impact and range. Sure, Final Round or Luck in the Chamber are nice (or Kneepads if you want to slide from hand cannon range). But none of those perks come close to the importance of Aggressive Ballistics.

Also, you have it backwards with Shot Package and Rangefinder, or all the PVP pros would be using RF not SP.

You would hate playing with me then if I was a random on your team! These are the reasons I prefer to play solo first so I can get the bounties done then team up with everyone and worry about wins.

Issue 1 hasnt happenwd nearly as much to be a problem for me but I always run into issue 2 even when IB isn't going on. Most often than not the random I get paired with in control decide to treat it like a death match and ignore capturing the points. I get so frustrated trying to hold control points and everyone else runs right past it for the next kill.

Hahaha yea mostly just stealing heavy and not waiting. Most maps it's fine to wait a few seconds. Some is understandable like Asylum. If there's red anywhere then sure take it right away. Just when there's no red and clearly a few seconds won't hurt.

If we need to make a significant comeback then trying to cap all 3 is ok. You can easily get the first capture where you spawn at the beginning of each match.

Edit: And some games, points just get taken over all the time to where it's nothing but exchanges. And some maps like Twilight Gap and Asylum, A and C get interchanged so much through the match. Free captures for everybody!

todd360

Is that the last exotic you are missing? I thought you "had 'em all"

I'll take ruin wings, or gauntlet engram. Exotic gloves are the last pieces of exotic armor my titan is missing.

No there is a bunch of stuff I don't have. I'm not trying to get everything. Just the stuff I want.

nOoblet16

Rangefinder just reduces the damage drop off, it doesn't do anything to the pellets. So if you hit 5 pellets at 5 meters of range those pellets will do full damage but it might not be enough to kill because not all the pellets hit the target. Shotpackage makes sure that all your pellets land on target and as such increases the kill range more reliably.

In short Shot package is superior to Rangefinder in every way.

SonComet

Does anyone want to do DS and Crota on HM? I have the day off work so I just soloed to the death singer. Unfortunately that's the extent of my skills... PSN SonComet.

noomi

Limited Edition Destiny: The Taken King PS4 Bundle Pre-orders Open Today

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087194

*sweating*

I... I kind of want it.... but I can't :/

I assume this edition also includes the latest PS4 model that was released a few weeks back?

Rangefinder just reduces the damage drop off, it doesn't do anything to the pellets. So if you hit 5 pellets at 5 meters of range those pellets will do full damage but it might not be enough to kill because not all the pellets hit the target. Shotpackage makes sure that all your pellets land on target and as such increases the kill range more reliably.

In short Shot package is superior to Rangefinder in every way.

Agreed, I had range finder with my party crasher for a bit and just wasn't getting those kills. Decided to re-roll for shot pkg and it made a ton of difference for me

Shot Package or bust

E92 M3

*sweating*

I... I kind of want it.... but I can't :/

I assume this edition also includes the latest PS4 model that was released a few weeks back?

It would have the latest PS4, but I am tempted to purchase the Titan model to satisfy hype.

Cant go past the mines in PoE 28 on the fourth round. Giving up. Being honest, the game is beyond my skill level, and there is not a lot if room for more improvement. I've survived mostly because there was always a really good player in the team, but in the end.. I can't do anything on my own.

th3dude

It finally happened! My greatest triumph in all of Destiny was achieved last night. May I present to you the first time I had the highest score in an GAF IB Train:

Thanks so much for the enjoyable run everybody. Sorry I stole the Jolder's Hammer.

Nice game!

Glad it was a game that I did well, too. :)

Top Bottom