• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

*sweating*

I... I kind of want it.... but I can't :/

I assume this edition also includes the latest PS4 model that was released a few weeks back?

Agreed, I had range finder with my party crasher for a bit and just wasn't getting those kills. Decided to re-roll for shot pkg and it made a ton of difference for me

Shot Package or bust

I'm tempting to pre-order on Amazon because I know I will have the money by the time I will get charged. .

I'm talking to my financee right now and she thinks it look better than the pure black but I kind of disagree. . I just like it for the Destiny stuff. I would have to sell all the additional Destiny codes though and probably trade in my old PS4 to Best Buy to pay for all the games I want this fall. .

So tempting.

ori0n378e

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
4. Nightzoor
5. matmanx1
6. DeviantBoi
7. Dark1421
8. juanbumo
9. DaveS78
10. gmrtom7
11. TheWorthyEdge
12.Eidelon
13.DrROBschiz
14. Sketch_Turntable
15. ori0n378e

Completed:
Sengar
KINGofCRA5H-
Reluctant-hero (courtesy of drizz and el_bomb)
samphire
Unknown_Hero (courtesy of Soss and Reign)
Saturday 11 am is good for me.

gatti-man

*sweating*

I... I kind of want it.... but I can't :/

I assume this edition also includes the latest PS4 model that was released a few weeks back?

Agreed, I had range finder with my party crasher for a bit and just wasn't getting those kills. Decided to re-roll for shot pkg and it made a ton of difference for me

Shot Package or bust
Im in for the eventual destiny 2 ps4 edition. Can't justify this one.

noomi

Damnit.... I might do it... I might pre-order this beast.

I'm just curious... I have a 2TB drive in my PS4 now, would it be as simple as just taking it out and putting it into the new model and that's that?

I would hate to have to to lose all my data and re-install...

All signs point to no, despite some saying it is.

I'm confused :(

I was just reading those comments, if it's not the new model, then it's a pass for me.

matmanx1

Sorry for the long post...please don't quote the entire thing (;

OK, last update on this. I've sent a PM to everyone on the list that hasn't done it yet to try and schedule. Right now I have 6 runs schedule, 2 friday night starting at 7pm and 4 on Saturday. Depending on how fast they go I'll probably be able to get more in and HidingMyThunder said he was willing to sherpa a few people this weekend as well.

If you want to be on the list and/or already on it please make sure you meet these requirements and tell me your preferred time slot (all times EST, Friday: 7pm/10pm, Saturday: 11am/2pm/7pm/10pm):

1. Level 34
2. Haven't done it before
3. Have a fully leveled Sunsinger, Defender, or Bladedancer
4. Have a legendary weapon at 365 for each slot

Defender, Helm of Saint -14, Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Truth all 365. My work and personal schedule is a little bit weird for the next couple of days so go ahead and put other folks in front of me for this weekend. I can be an alternate, however, if I am on and you need a slot filled. Next week's schedule should be more open. I really appreciate you doing this.

I'm just curious... I have a 2TB drive in my PS4 now, would it be as simple as just taking it out and putting it into the new model and that's that?

Pretty sure you can't just swap drives. You could get an external hd, back up your current ps4 hd, format it, reinstall it on the new ps4 with fresh system software, and restore your data.

I was just reading those comments, if it's not the new model, then it's a pass for me.

Nope. If that was the case ppl would swap HDD as if they were flash memory.

You will need to backup your current HDD somewhere else, place your current hdd on the new ps4. Format that HDD. Restore from your backup drive to your old drive now on your new PS4.

noomi

Nope. If that was the case ppl would swap HDD as if they were flash memory.

You will need to backup your current HDD somewhere else, place your current hdd on the new ps4. Format that HDD. Restore from your backup drive to your old drive now on your new PS4.

Pretty sure you can't just swap drives. You could get an external hd, back up your current ps4 hd, format it, reinstall it on the new ps4 with fresh system software, and restore your data.

Alright, fair enough. That's what I did when I first upgraded my ps4 hard drive, and I remember it taking many hours to complete. Was just trying to void that whole process again.

Who here volunteers to receive my destiny ps4 bundle from amazon and ship it to me in Brazil? lol

You're covering shipping costs right? I don't mind doing it. All I'd have to do is replace the shipping info sticker with yours and send it as is, I think? Well and sign the typical paper for Customs I'd imagine.

I'm debating on ordering this as well and selling my original ps4. Argh

. .I'm on the fence with you. I get a free controller which I really need because my other two are damaged badly. I get to sell my old PS4, and all of the Destiny collectibles which will probably create a net profit for me in the end since I want to just buy everything digitally.

If I sell my old PS4 to BB and use it to buy other games I will probably end up nicely. But I would want to also buy an upgraded hard drive

noomi

. .I'm on the fence with you. I get a free controller which I really need because my other two are damaged badly. I get to sell my old PS4, and all of the Destiny collectibles which will probably create a net profit for me in the end since I want to just buy everything digitally.

If I sell my old PS4 to BB and use it to buy other games I will probably end up nicely. But I would want to also buy an upgraded hard drive

That sounds like a really good plan actually.

Any idea how much best buy actually gives you for a ps4? I normally ebay or craigslist my stuff...

How in the world did 28 stomp you?

What level and gear setups are you using?

We were not disarming the mines on time. I'm not sure if during the second wave two mines were appearing at the same time and we had to split the group.

33, self reviving sunsinger, with 331 scout and Dry Rot.

If the destiny ps4 had a 1 tb HDD, it'd be a no Brainer. Still tough to pull the trigger. I'd have to sell my old ps4 and the game that probably has "Not for resale" marked on it. Not that most people care but you know.

todd360

If the destiny ps4 had a 1 tb HDD, it'd be a no Brainer. Still tough to pull the trigger. I'd have to sell my old ps4 and the game that probably has "Not for resale" marked on it. Not that most people care but you know.

Are we gonna have to have everyone give me their wallet in a basket again?

What's a good perk for the middle column of a machine gun. I got a btrd with hidden hand and rangefinder the other day.

I've got smallbore on my btrd, and I'm pretty happy with it. Almost max stability, and a nice range boost to take advantage of it. The reduction in bullets is hardly noticeable to me. Only something like four?

That sounds like a really good plan actually.

Any idea how much best buy actually gives you for a ps4? I normally ebay or craigslist my stuff...

Just checked. It will be $214, considering that you normally don't return the controllers consider yourself getting the controller for free which is what $60 for a black one and $65 for a white one you basically just got $274 and received a newer looking console. Now if you are able to sell all of the extra Destiny stuff for at least $60 dollars (I believe the books and extra physical stuff comes with it) you just bought upgraded your PS4 for only $66. Hell you can probably get much more for the Destiny stuff.

We were not disarming the mines on time. I'm not sure if during the second wave two mines were appearing at the same time and we had to split the group.

33, self reviving sunsinger, with 331 scout and Dry Rot.

Ouch man

Clearly some miss communication there. I mean you could solo dismantling yourself and let the other two smoke the adds

noomi

It would be good on Sony to start selling PS4 models with a higher HD capacity. With everything being available in digital form these days and PS+ games releasing every month it fills up...fast.

The good news is that it's pretty easy to upgrade your HD (I have a 2TB one), and not very expensive either :)

Just checked. It will be $214, considering that you normally don't return the controllers consider yourself getting the controller for free which is what $60 for a black one and $65 for a white one you basically just got $274 and received a newer looking console. Now if you are able to sell all of the extra Destiny stuff for at least $60 dollars (I believe the books and extra physical stuff comes with it) you just bought upgraded your PS4 for only $66. Hell you can probably get much more for the Destiny stuff.

$214 isn't too bad, probably more than gamestop would ever give you lol.

Also... can you take a look at a few of my bank statements... you seem to have this finance shit down pat :p

Ouch man

Clearly some miss communication there. I mean you could solo dismantling yourself and let the other two smoke the adds

But I don't get it. We were all running for the mine so we would keep dismantling it in case one died. Unless there was a second mine at the same time, we were not disabling the third one on time. Unless the solution is to stay in the centre of the arena all the time to reach the mine on time.

Frenden

Banned
How do folks like their Xbox sticks in their DS4s? Are the Xboxen sticks taller than the Sony stock ones?

I find the taller Kontrol Freeks to be a bit much, but the mid/short boosts to the stock Sony height feel good. I'm hoping the Xbox sticks are just a smiiiidge taller than stock.

(Fixing a broken controller and bought a few Xbox sticks to swap out at the same time. Should be here tonight.)

I've got smallbore on my btrd, and I'm pretty happy with it. Almost max stability, and a nice range boost to take advantage of it. The reduction in bullets is hardly noticeable to me. Only something like four?

Yeah that would be a good perk. Unfortunately mine has oiled frame, armor piercing, and high caliber rounds.

EDIT: I have Xbox sticks on one of my controllers. They're a bit taller so they aren't as tight as the ps4 ones but they feel much better because they're concave.

noomi

How do folks like their Xbox sticks in their DS4s? Are the Xboxen sticks taller than the Sony stock ones?

I find the taller Kontrol Freeks to be a bit much, but the mid/short boosts to the stock Sony height feel good. I'm hoping the Xbox sticks are just a smiiiidge taller than stock.

(Fixing a broken controller and bought a few Xbox sticks to swap out at the same time. Should be here tonight.)

LOVE THEM!

I bought a bunch off of amazon, and replaced all my controllers with them (pretty easy to do)

They do seem a bit taller, but I actually like that better. They feel very good, and make gaming much more enjoyable for me. The DS4 ones are... well... they don't last, and that weird rubber on them is terrible and wears off.

Don't hesitate, do it

tumblr_inline_np4pgrL5eR1r0s7c0_500.gif

Frenden

Banned
BTRD almost needs aggball. It lets it kill a whole shot faster. Down from four to three headshots. Puts it on par with Jolders in terms of shots needed to kill, but with a faster firing speed. Pretty beastly.

My roll:

Agg, Counter-balance, Snapshot/Quickdraw, Rangefinder.

My ideal roll would have Hidden Hand. I think Snap is fine for the middle tier as the stability is already ridiculously high. Rangefinder makes for a long distance three hit laser beam of death.

LOVE THEM!

I bought a bunch off of amazon, and replaced all my controllers with them (pretty easy to do)

They do seem a bit taller, but I actually like that better. They feel very good, and make gaming much more enjoyable for me. The DS4 ones are... well... they don't last, and that weird rubber on them is terrible and wears off.

Don't hesitate, do it

tumblr_inline_np4pgrL5eR1r0s7c0_500.gif

Perfect. That's exactly what I want--taller but not like seven feet so.

I was going to do you a solid and crop you out of the picture, but everyone in the party was so awesome... I couldn't leave anyone behind.

Yeah, that group was a blast. Message me if you are looking to Banner. I'll have my phone/will be checking PSN.

ocean

Banned
But I don't get it. We were all running for the mine so we would keep dismantling it in case one died. Unless there was a second mine at the same time, we were not disabling the third one on time. Unless the solution is to stay in the centre of the arena all the time to reach the mine on time.
If you're by yourself it takes about 10s to dismantle a mine. You normally have enough time to cross a map and make it before the timer is at 10s if you pay attention and rush there as soon as it appears.

Titan bubbles, invisible Hunters and reviving Warlocks are all useful for these things.

One detail some people ignore: next round won't start until every ad is killed. After clearing mines it's nice to leave an enemy or two alive. That way you can make sure everyone is revived, your super is charged, you have special/some heavy ammo etc. then you kill enemies and begin the next round without handicaps. This generally isn't required for low level PoE but Hive room with Arc burn is notoriously difficult for example.

Top Bottom