• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

noomi

It's crazy how Destiny has literally stolen my gametime from everything else - can't remember the last time something like this happened.

Damn Bungie and their ability to make good games. Damn them!

Same here man, although I've been playing some other stuff recently. Ryse Son of Rome is almost finished, then I'm off to ori and the blind forest, journey, far cry 4... and maybe witcher 3 if I have time :p

Lol I enjoy doing stuff related to personal finance.

I might pull the trigger soon. The only issue is that I would want to upgrade to a 2 TB harddrive (I have no clue how to do this) and replace the new controller (and my old 2) with Xbox One sticks (no clue how to do this either).

Here's the guide I used to upgrade to a 2TB hard drive, it's really easy. The only thing that takes up time is backing up/restoring data. Can take 6+ hours depending on how much data you currently have.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2qtm68/ps4_2tb_hard_drive_upgrade_success_story_canada/

phen0m24

Hi guys, finally back on solid ground in the States. This thread is nearing its end!

I got in around midnight last night and my brain is still six hours in the future, I am beyond exhausted. I barely even have the energy to procrastinate at work! Was originally thinking I'd be up for running a newbie Raid tonight but I don't think I'd be able to stay conscious through one, let alone lead effectively. Sorry, I know there were a few of you who wanted in on one. Probably not even going to do any gaming myself tonight. We'll pick back up next week with a Vault of Glass run on Thursday, August 6th.

Really getting pretty pumped for Taken King. I just realized I haven't even finished any of my Elder Ciphers yet... lol. I realllllly need to beat Bloodborne though.

WELCOME BACK!!!

you really need to download Rocket League if you haven't yet too, dude!

I imagine you'd be bottlenecked by USB 2.0 in either case there actually, but it's not quite my area of expertise.

Thanks you guys! :D

Yea I'm pretty sure you're right. An SSD alone will not improve exporting data. I'd imagine it doesn't improve the time it takes to turn on the ps4 and play Destiny because the majority of the time it's connecting to Bungie's servers and logging in. But maybe they read information from the HDD so that part will improve the speed. I'd like to see the average time to login, ssd vs HDD.

Edit: apparently there is a decent improvement. According to one's test in reddit with the faster being SSD, digital destiny boot to Orbit, 79s vs 59s. Loading tower, 84s vs 64s. Exclusion zone solo, 74s vs 70s. Interesting.

After buying the fusion rifle that veriks is selling, I figured I would compare it to what I have. Peruns Fire (from the old IB) still is pretty decent.

But I really rekindled my appreciation for plan c. Now that pulse rifles are very decent (and don't take up an exotic slot), having a fusion is a very cool alternative for PvP especially with the range of plan c. It's got more range than any shotgun out there, hits like a truck and that insta-fire plan c perk is beast.

It's my PvP special weapon now and I'm loving it. Tired of shotguns.

Shelling out on an SSD for PS4 has no real massive differences to make the added cost worthwhile imo.

You're better off getting a 2/3TB HDD 7200rpm or even a 5400rpm drive.

Don't be put off by the 5400rpm drives which have large capacities as the higher density of the platter makes the slower rotation speed negligible and in every case, still faster than the stock HDD.

Cheapest/best bang for buck option is to by an external Seagate Passport 2/3TB drive and open it up and remove the internal drive (Samsung).

You can then take the 500GB drive from the PS4 and place it in the external enclosure to give you a new external drive, and, you now have a 2/3TB drive in your PS4.

This is what I've done and it is extremely simple to do. There's even an article on eurogamer on how to do it.

Edit: Here's said article. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

todd360

Have you noticed a significant improvement with ssd? I've heard it doesn't make it that much faster :/

It took 30 minutes to export 100 GB of captures to my external drive yesterday. HDD mixed with USB 2 FTL. I wonder if an SSD alone would improve that.

Is this one of the best options for hard drives for the PS4? Why should I pick this over others? (I really want to know since I know nothing about upgrading hard drives)

I don't have one in my ps4. Its to expensive. Lol I was just saying I would like one.

spyder_ur

Hi guys, finally back on solid ground in the States. This thread is nearing its end!

I got in around midnight last night and my brain is still six hours in the future, I am beyond exhausted. I barely even have the energy to procrastinate at work! Was originally thinking I'd be up for running a newbie Raid tonight but I don't think I'd be able to stay conscious through one, let alone lead effectively. Sorry, I know there were a few of you who wanted in on one. Probably not even going to do any gaming myself tonight. We'll pick back up next week with a Vault of Glass run on Thursday, August 6th.

Really getting pretty pumped for Taken King. I just realized I haven't even finished any of my Elder Ciphers yet... lol. I realllllly need to beat Bloodborne though.

Welcome back sir Hawk.

WELCOME BACK!!!

you really need to download Rocket League if you haven't yet too, dude!

Yes, download and play Rocket League.

After buying the fusion rifle that veriks is selling, I figured I would compare it to what I have. Peruns Fire (from the old IB) still is pretty decent.

But I really rekindled my appreciation for plan c. Now that pulse rifles are very decent (and don't take up an exotic slot), having a fusion is a very cool alternative for PvP especially with the range of plan c. It's got more range than any shotgun out there, hits like a truck and that insta-fire plan c perk is beast.

It's my PvP special weapon now and I'm loving it. Tired of shotguns.

Stop being difficult. Just equip a Thorn and shotgun like everyone else.

LiK

Hey, guess what I got?

Anyone wants to do Poe 28 or 32?. Fair Warning, my confidence is pretty low at this moment. I won't be very chatty, but I will pay attention to orders on the headset. On 15 minutes 8 will try to do 28 again if nobody is available

PSN - Figaliz.

LOL at this Reddit Thread I just... Read. "For Us XB1 Guardians, Destiny will be an 11 Year Adventure, Not 10" because of the exclusives being a year Hahaha. I feel for the xb1 people. It's hard enough to find people to do stuff.

BTRD almost needs aggball. It lets it kill a whole shot faster. Down from four to three headshots. Puts it on par with Jolders in terms of shots needed to kill, but with a faster firing speed. Pretty beastly.

My roll:

Agg, Counter-balance, Snapshot/Quickdraw, Rangefinder.

My ideal roll would have Hidden Hand. I think Snap is fine for the middle tier as the stability is already ridiculously high. Rangefinder makes for a long distance three hit laser beam of death.

Perfect. That's exactly what I want--taller but not like seven feet so.

Yeah, that group was a blast. Message me if you are looking to Banner. I'll have my phone/will be checking PSN.

Will do! Going to a B&B with the wife on Sun/Mon, so I need to get as much Bannering done by Sat night as possible.

My BTRD has:

Agg Balls/Smart Drift/Field Choke
Hidden Hand
Skip/High Caliber/Oiled Frame
Persistence

I really wish I had a better middle tree. Persistence and Oiled Frame are kind of losers since holding down the trigger and blowing through ammo isn't the right way to use this gun. Plus, with my set up I only have 8 rounds in reserve. Reloading is mostly useless.

E92 M3

Same here man, although I've been playing some other stuff recently. Ryse Son of Rome is almost finished, then I'm off to ori and the blind forest, journey, far cry 4... and maybe witcher 3 if I have time :p

Here's the guide I used to upgrade to a 2TB hard drive, it's really easy. The only thing that takes up time is backing up/restoring data. Can take 6+ hours depending on how much data you currently have.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2qtm68/ps4_2tb_hard_drive_upgrade_success_story_canada/

All on my to-play list lol.

Frenden

Banned
I haven't had Crux drop, but I had six Husks of the Pit before sharding all but one. I have the inverse RNG problem most folks seem to have for Nechrocasm.

SpecX

Definitely need to discuss with my wife on getting the Destiny PS4. I want another system in our bedroom so I can finally retire my PS3 to the kids play area, but I'm not sure she will be willing to invest since this hits the same week as our daughters birthday.

lt519

You're about to get BOOOOO'D out of the stadium.

Seriously though. GOATY scout. Level it immediately.

Haha, I had a similar experience. I was out of country for two months, came back, ran VoG Hard for the first time and landed Fatebringer and VoC in one run. I was nearly booed out of my party chat.

ethomaz

Banned
Take a look at this gif...

http://i.imgur.com/LHR1eo8.gifv

This is Rangefinder and Accurised. With Shotpackage, it's even easier to hit all pellets or to get a crit. Look at the damage numbers.

Aggressive makes ZERO difference here.

Matador does 12(?) hits for 23 damage at that Range.

Max HP for a toon is 220.

FYI: Rangefinder makes the OHKO work from about 3 steps further than that distance.

--

Part of an amazing comeback clip from my team, where I shoot my Matador more: (~5mins) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Flag/video/5739210
I give you real scenario...

I play a lot of Crucible and I have both shotguns with Shot Package... the Aggressive Ballistics makes all the difference to kill in one shot moving targets.

One Matador 64 have 68 impact (Accurized) and in mid-range case it kill less in one shot than my others shotgun with 70 impact (Aggressive).

I have another Matador just to reroll to Aggressive because that fact... I just don't have more motes and grimmer.

Hahaha from Reddit Thread, Murphy's Laws of Destiny:

• You will always start next to A on Shores of Time.
  • Your teammates will always capture the third point.
  • There is no such thing as a "new game of Iron Banner", there only exists currently-in-progress games against teams of six, and you will always join the losing team. And then get spawn-killed.
  • Whoever has the slowest connection will be granted the honor of hosting the match.
  • The less you contribute, the greater your rewards.
  • Your final match on the way to the lighthouse will always be against MLG-pro self-rezzing blink-shotgunning final-rounding lag-switchers using The Ram and Thorn.
  • When the weekly Trials map is announced, you will hate it.
  • Every warlock in the game has The Ram except you. Every engram you buy will decode into Light Beyond Nemesis.
  • As your Unstoppable and Iron Wrath bounties approach completion, your odds of dying approach 100%.
  • The less you need them, the more likely the Nightfall will reward you with strange coins or etheric light.
  • The hive majors underground in the Cosmodrome will stop spawning after you've killed 9 of them.
  • Xur will not have Gjallarhorn in stock.

A few responses:
  • If you're jumping with a rocket launcher, you will fall directly behind an obstruction right as you pull the trigger.
  • As soon as you drop the gun you've been waiting a lifetime for... you will instantly drop three more of them the following week.
  • Buying an exotic from Xur will increase the drop rate of that item in 300%
  • if you try to team kill an opponent who has golden gun/heavy ammo, you will invariably be the only player he targets before he is killed.

Now those are some good games.

matmanx1

Cant go past the mines in PoE 28 on the fourth round. Giving up. Being honest, the game is beyond my skill level, and there is not a lot if room for more improvement. I've survived mostly because there was always a really good player in the team, but in the end.. I can't do anything on my own.

On your own, as in solo? Why would you want to do PoE solo though? Or am I misunderstanding?

Bloodborne is SOOO good. My first and only Platinum. It's the only game that's taken me away from Destiny for any length of time.

Against All Odds with Field Scout >>>>>>>>> Every other MG in this game.

Yes, this. Against All Odds with Field Scout has a 50 round magazine. I use mine almost every day.

LTWood12

Wasn't the same without you Hawkian. Glad to have you back!

YomommaZ

Daaaamn you guys have already made it to OT26 and going hot for dat OT27 already but the game is not even 1 year old...

I was playing Destiny probably daily since launch but stopped playing before the hard mode for Crota's End was opened and on the last raid I did (normal) it dropped the helmet for my Titan to complete the whole armor set with perfect stats. I eventually got fed up with all the grind and that xp reset when TDB dropped got me really worked up so I just stopped playing and didnt even start Destiny since then...

But lately I've started getting this familliar Destiny itch (Destinytis) and thinking about jumping back in. Not for the fucking 1000th patrol run or god forbid the old material runs but to casually do some PvE and PvP with the people I haven't heard from ever since I stopped. The gameplay is just really superb with PvP being the most fun I ever had in multiplayer even though I suck at it! I even started thinking about splashing on the TTK regardless of the ridiculous price they set for it... But I'm gonna see about that after I hear from the people I used to run Destiny daily with.

Have fun :)

Anyone want to do doubles with me? I'm practicing using the MIDA. We don't need a mic, it counts towards skirmish and salvage wins (great since in order to win you only need like 2500 points).

Nami you doing it?

th3dude

Welcome back, my friend!

Namikaze1

Anyone want to do doubles with me? I'm practicing using the MIDA. We don't need a mic, it counts towards skirmish and salvage wins (great since in order to win you only need like 2500 points).

Nami you doing it?
I'll be up for it in 20 minutes. Trying to finish the ogre grimoire right now.

Edit: maybe longer since I'll have to help unpack groceries in a bit.

Arrrammis

Daaaamn you guys have already made it to OT26 and going hot for dat OT27 already but the game is not even 1 year old...

I was playing Destiny probably daily since launch but stopped playing before the hard mode for Crota's End was opened and on the last raid I did (normal) it dropped the helmet for my Titan to complete the whole armor set with perfect stats. I eventually got fed up with all the grind and that xp reset when TDB dropped got me really worked up so I just stopped playing and didnt even start Destiny since then...

But lately I've started getting this familliar Destiny itch (Destinytis) and thinking about jumping back in. Not for the fucking 1000th patrol run or god forbid the old material runs but to casually do some PvE and PvP with the people I haven't heard from ever since I stopped. The gameplay is just really superb with PvP being the most fun I ever had in multiplayer even though I suck at it! I even started thinking about splashing on the TTK regardless of the ridiculous price they set for it... But I'm gonna see about that after I hear from the people I used to run Destiny daily with.

Have fun :)
I think you'll really like some of the quality of life changes!
-you can buy planetary mats, no need to farm them!
-endgame material (Etheric light) lets you bring any legendary weapon or armor to max level
-reroll the perks on any new legendary weapon
-buy weapon exp boosts from gunsmith as well as Xur

Many more that I have forgotten.

lt519

• If you're jumping with a rocket launcher, you will fall directly behind an obstruction right as you pull the trigger.

Hah my favorite was last night we had Skolas at 10% health and I was clearing adds with a Rocket Launcher and our titan dropped a bubble without telling us juuuuuust as I was squeezing that trigger.

Top Bottom