• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Byf from Guardian radio just posted a video regarding what occurred during the Bungie Bounty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=NzA5tsoZ04E

Pretty shitty what took place yesterday. But even sadder is I think a lot of us could have seen this coming a mile away. When I saw it was going to be the Dames, I thought two things:

1. Twitch chat is going to be a shitshow.
2. They will get totally trounced in-game.

I would not have a predicted that a popular streamer would enter the fireteam and actually verbally harass the participants though.

All that said, he might as well of called the video "some people disgust me." At the intersection of the internet, & and female participants in a male dominated activity, this is sadly par for the course.

Why can't we just show respect to each other? No? Okay.

todd360

I need 6 wins to be done with IB. Not sure if I want to do that tonight or wait for tomorrow and knock it out faster with bounties.

Floor guys are almost done. Then the true grind begins...setting up my TV and sound system again. I think I might do some ghost hunting tonight and follow it up with IB.

I was using the Red Death last night and doing very well. The heal on kill perk can really keep a good streak alive.

Ok, I'm totally on the side of WYL being super immature and doing something very stupid yesterday, but if you're going to make that video with 130,000 YouTube subscribers you have to at least get the basic facts right.

WYL said "suck my balls Deej," not "You can fucking suck my balls Dames." There's a huge difference between a dumb troll of Deej because WYL hates Bungie and some misogynistic attack of the Dames because he hates women or something. He did highlight the clip from his stream and post it to YouTube, it's not hard to get the quote right.

The chat comments and Twitter stuff is a totally different story and obviously completely inexcusable.

destinystatus.com

Thanks driz.

noomi

Floor guys are almost done. Then the true grind begins...setting up my TV and sound system again. I think I might do some ghost hunting tonight and follow it up with IB.

I was using the Red Death last night and doing very well. The heal on kill perk can really keep a good streak alive.

Red death is the perfect answer to thorn, can't tell you how many times it's saved my ass from the dot killing me.

P44

Byf from Guardian radio just posted a video regarding what occurred during the Bungie Bounty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=NzA5tsoZ04E

Pretty shitty what took place yesterday. But even sadder is I think a lot of us could have seen this coming a mile away. When I saw it was going to be the Dames, I thought two things:

1. Twitch chat is going to be a shitshow.
2. They will get totally trounced in-game.

I would not have a predicted that a popular streamer would enter the fireteam and actually verbally harass the participants though.

All that said, he might as well of called the video "some people disgust me." At the intersection of the internet, & and female participants in a male dominated activity, this is sadly par for the course.

Didn't WishYouLuckk say "deej, suck my balls"?

I mean, it's a fairly immature joke, made funny purely for the shock aspect of it. I don't think there's much more angle to it than that. I certainly don't think it's anything worth being disgusted by. It's coming from the same place as the "stick it up your ass" jokes in the Office US and that shit was hilarious - an unfunny sentence on its own made funny by the shock value aspect.

The twitch comments, absolutely are disgusting, but that's not a Destiny problem as much as it is a widespread internet problem. And the problem for these big streamers, is if you've got enough people making them, well it's pretty hard to keep on top of chat moderation. What else can we do really besides ban them from commenting?

phen0m24

Every time I do the Kill 10 Hive majors and use the Cosmodrome to do this, I get 3 waves of those hive and have to go to orbit or wait 10 minutes to get more to spawn.

Just run back up the stairs and kill the three enemies up top if they reset. Back down and there they are again.
Usually

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WELCOME BACK!!!
Welcome back sir Hawk.
Welcome back, my friend!
Welcome back Hawkian :)
Thanks you guys. Missed this place!
you really need to download Rocket League if you haven't yet too, dude!
Yes, download and play Rocket League.
Hmm. I do like rockets. and leagues!
Bloodborne is SOOO good. My first and only Platinum. It's the only game that's taken me away from Destiny for any length of time.
It's been one of the most consistently excellent games I've ever played, the whole way through.
Hey, guess what I got?
Your very own Hawkmoon? :D

phen0m24

Is it at all bad that now having an Xbone noob character I look forward to Xur again?

Yeah, I am pre-set for disappointment

Shito

Good news everyone!

I think I'm hitting a "let's take a small break from the game" phase again: haven't touched the game ever since Monday, and if it weren't for my girlfriend and another friend wanting to run a nightfall tonight, I probably wouldn't have had the desire to do so.
I know I should take advantage of IB and Trials this week-end to work on my Thorn bounty this week-end, but I don't know, I haven't felt like booting up the game these past days...
I've just received my PS4 stick and now all I want is for Capcom to announce a new date for the SF5 beta... ^^
... I've just run that one nightfall for this week, and the game decided to give me the Bones of Eao for it.
Yeah!
Which means... that Xûr will most probably stock it tomorrow.

You are welcome, DGAF. :)

noomi

Good news everyone!

... I've just run that one nightfall for this week, and the game decided to give me the Bones of Eao for it.
Yeah!

Woo congrats! They are awesome!

TheOddOne

Looks good.

naamloosf7sur.png

I already have like 6 or 7 of them tho.

Nuszka

Good news everyone!

Yeah!

Truly hope you are right about it.Congrats.

Cade

New day, new stuff, same question. Anyone wanna help me kill Xyor? I tried soloing it but I got annoyed at the three wave door and stopped.

Top Bottom