• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

DNAbro

I was going to try to get to rank 3 today on Iron Banner but VoG made me real tired. Still need that Etheric Light. Hopefully I can get that and then get Skolas down tomorrow.

LTWood12

Byf from Guardian radio just posted a video regarding what occurred during the Bungie Bounty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=NzA5tsoZ04E

Pretty shitty what took place yesterday. But even sadder is I think a lot of us could have seen this coming a mile away. When I saw it was going to be the Dames, I thought two things:

1. Twitch chat is going to be a shitshow.
2. They will get totally trounced in-game.

I would not have a predicted that a popular streamer would enter the fireteam and actually verbally harass the participants though.

All that said, he might as well of called the video "some people disgust me." At the intersection of the internet, & and female participants in a male dominated activity, this is sadly par for the course.

Thanks to Darknyss and Pedrolumpy for the PoE 32, even if I was not much of help. I was not expecting to see Value Taur'C, much less with a void Shield (I had brought Solar since there were Cabal)

Got a Hyegea Noblesse (scout). Better than Zero Point? They look quite similar in stats, so maybe everything is in the perks.

Hah my favorite was last night we had Skolas at 10% health and I was clearing adds with a Rocket Launcher and our titan dropped a bubble without telling us juuuuuust as I was squeezing that trigger.

Hahaha I haven't had the opportunity to get a Skolas run in post-patch but in my times before, I've definitely rocketed myself a few times. Especially while jumping! But yea, that reminds me of the Crota days. This happened all the time! Even people saying " I'm popping a bubble" right as they're popping it haha

Any PS4 Skolas School newbies want to do a run with myself and Bombastico in maybe 45 minutes?

I'll be a BDancer and Bomb will be a Defender, so either another Defender or a Sunsinger would be ideal but not required.

I was playing Destiny probably daily since launch but stopped playing before the hard mode for Crota's End was opened

You quit at the perfect time and TTK will hopefully be a great time to come back if you choose to buy it. This thread will be light-speed around mid-September, that's for sure.

Any PS4 Skolas School newbies want to do a run with myself and Bombastico in maybe 45 minutes?

I'll be a BDancer and Bomb will be a Defender, so either another Defender or a Sunsinger would be ideal but not required.

You quit at the perfect time and TTK will hopefully be a great time to come back if you choose to buy it. This thread will be light-speed around mid-September, that's for sure.

At some point I'd like to run it with you. I've never ran it post-patch (only with burns). I want to get a run in so I can then help sherpa on Xbox 1 land :p

Byf from Guardian radio just posted a video regarding what occurred during the Bungie Bounty

Funny enough nooblet, Ikkarus and me got matched up against him and MoreConsole in IB. I need to learn more who is streaming/youtubing.
I bet those 2 games won't be on their channel.

Kurumi

Byf from Guardian radio just posted a video regarding what occurred during the Bungie Bounty:

Pretty shitty what took place yesterday. But even sadder is I think a lot of us could have seen this coming a mile away. When I saw it was going to be the Dames, I thought two things:

I would not have a predicted that a popular streamer would enter the fireteam and actually verbally harass the participants though.

All that said, he might as well of called the video "some people disgust me." At the intersection of the internet, & and female participants in a male dominated activity, this is sadly par for the course.

Just disgusting. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

LTWood12

Funny enough nooblet, Ikkarus and me got matched up against him and MoreConsole in IB. I need to learn more who is streaming/youtubing.
I bet those 2 games won't be on their channel.

Ha! Yeah I saw that. Byf is a good dude, and I like his enthusiasm for the game. But he can be a bit of a poor sport too. He was actually on a Bungie Bounty some months back and totally lost his shit because a team of bubble titans kicked their ass. They'd won seven games in a row up to that point.

Just disgusting. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Agreed on the disgusting part. But, you're aware this kind of stuff happens, and has been happening for centuries, in every aspect of culture.

It will happen because people are different and that's just the way it is. All you can do is not contribute to it. You aren't going to stop it.

Man I was cleaning up in rumble just now, must have won 5 matches in a row.

Question: what's the best website/app for tracking missing grimoire cards? The bungie app is a real piece of crap when it comes to figuring out what I'm missing.

Kurumi

Agreed on the disgusting part. But, you're aware this kind of stuff happens, and has been happening for centuries, in every aspect of culture.

It will happen because people are different and that's just the way it is. All you can do is not contribute to it. You aren't going to stop it.

Oh trust me I know it happens. And I know it won't stop. Regardless it's fucking sad to see.

Byf from Guardian radio just posted a video regarding what occurred during the Bungie Bounty:.

Ok, I'm totally on the side of WYL being super immature and doing something very stupid yesterday, but if you're going to make that video with 130,000 YouTube subscribers you have to at least get the basic facts right.

WYL said "suck my balls Deej," not "You can fucking suck my balls Dames." There's a huge difference between a dumb troll of Deej because WYL hates Bungie and some misogynistic attack of the Dames because he hates women or something. He did highlight the clip from his stream and post it to YouTube, it's not hard to get the quote right.

The chat comments and Twitter stuff is a totally different story and obviously completely inexcusable.

Man I was cleaning up in rumble just now, must have won 5 matches in a row.

Question: what's the best website/app for tracking missing grimoire cards? The bungie app is a real piece of crap when it comes to figuring out what I'm missing.

destinystatus.com

LTWood12

Definitely. I would've been more surprised if this HADN'T happened.

Ok, I'm totally on the side of WYL being super immature and doing something very stupid yesterday, but if you're going to make that video with 130,000 YouTube subscribers you have to at least get the basic facts right.

WYL said "suck my balls Deej," not "You can fucking suck my balls Dames." There's a huge difference between a dumb troll of Deej because WYL hates Bungie and some misogynistic attack of the Dames because he hates women or something. He did highlight the clip from his stream and post it to YouTube, it's not hard to get the quote right.

The chat comments and Twitter stuff is a totally different story and obviously completely inexcusable.

destinystatus.com

Yeah I was actually surprised when he quoted it as 'Dames.' I thought he'd said Deej, but assumed I'd misheard. But you're right. That's frustrating. What occurred was bad enough on it's own without him embellishing it to make it sound even worse. Goddamn it.

Thanks to Darknyss and Pedrolumpy for the PoE 32, even if I was not much of help. I was not expecting to see Value Taur'C, much less with a void Shield (I had brought Solar since there were Cabal)

Got a Hyegea Noblesse (scout). Better than Zero Point? They look quite similar in stats, so maybe everything is in the perks.

No problem! That guy changes his shields randomly, although he did seem to go with void over and over again.

Hyegea is purple, so its better as far as I'm concerned. No idea otherwise.

SpecX

Hahaha from Reddit Thread, Murphy's Laws of Destiny:

• As your Unstoppable and Iron Wrath bounties approach completion, your odds of dying approach 100%.
  • The less you need them, the more likely the Nightfall will reward you with strange coins or etheric light.
  • The hive majors underground in the Cosmodrome will stop spawning after you've killed 9 of them.

These are definitely true and apply to me. Last week the Nightfall granted me 9 or 12 Strange coins when I was swimming in over 100 of them. No need for that crap. Every time I do the Kill 10 Hive majors and use the Cosmodrome to do this, I get 3 waves of those hive and have to go to orbit or wait 10 minutes to get more to spawn.

Izuna

Banned
I give you real scenario...

I play a lot of Crucible and I have both shotguns with Shot Package... the Aggressive Ballistics makes all the difference to kill in one shot moving targets.

One Matador 64 have 68 impact (Accurized) and in mid-range case it kill less in one shot than my others shotgun with 70 impact (Aggressive).

I have another Matador just to reroll to Aggressive because that fact... I just don't have more motes and grimmer.

There is no case where Aggressive kills and Accurised don't on full health enemies. I'm sorry but it just doesn't happen.

But honestly this doesn't matter, I don't believe it makes a difference. I have had both too, but sharded one because it was Solar instead (now that I have a Dry Rot for PvE there was no point).

If shots MISS that is the only way it doesn't OHKO where Agg would. In which case, it's just a miss.

Deku Tree

Twitch chat's can be extremely horrible. Anonymity on the internet can bring out the worst in people. Bungie's twitch chat seems to be effectively un-moderated, and I'm not saying this to defend any of the horrible actions that went on in their chat, but Bungie really needs moderators to be deleting comments with quickness. WYL is a creep.

ethomaz

Banned
Hahaha from Reddit Thread, Murphy's Laws of Destiny:

• You will always start next to A on Shores of Time.
  • Your teammates will always capture the third point.
  • There is no such thing as a "new game of Iron Banner", there only exists currently-in-progress games against teams of six, and you will always join the losing team. And then get spawn-killed.
  • Whoever has the slowest connection will be granted the honor of hosting the match.
  • The less you contribute, the greater your rewards.
  • Your final match on the way to the lighthouse will always be against MLG-pro self-rezzing blink-shotgunning final-rounding lag-switchers using The Ram and Thorn.
  • When the weekly Trials map is announced, you will hate it.
  • Every warlock in the game has The Ram except you. Every engram you buy will decode into Light Beyond Nemesis.
  • As your Unstoppable and Iron Wrath bounties approach completion, your odds of dying approach 100%.
  • The less you need them, the more likely the Nightfall will reward you with strange coins or etheric light.
  • The hive majors underground in the Cosmodrome will stop spawning after you've killed 9 of them.
  • Xur will not have Gjallarhorn in stock.

A few responses:
  • If you're jumping with a rocket launcher, you will fall directly behind an obstruction right as you pull the trigger.
  • As soon as you drop the gun you've been waiting a lifetime for... you will instantly drop three more of them the following week.
  • Buying an exotic from Xur will increase the drop rate of that item in 300%
  • if you try to team kill an opponent who has golden gun/heavy ammo, you will invariably be the only player he targets before he is killed.
Amazing conclusions...

The bold one is my biggest issue with the matchmaking system right now... I even created threads of feedback on Bungie.com.

ethomaz

Banned
There is no case where Aggressive kills and Accurised don't on full health enemies. I'm sorry but it just doesn't happen.

But honestly this doesn't matter, I don't believe it makes a difference. I have had both too, but sharded one because it was Solar instead (now that I have a Dry Rot for PvE there was no point).

If shots MISS that is the only way it doesn't OHKO where Agg would. In which case, it's just a miss.
It happens a lot... that why I prefer Aggressive... less chance to need a second shot on target... I hate to play with other ballistics and getting time to time one shot that just left the guy with less than 5% health.

Top Bottom