• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

rNilla

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR BROWSERS BROKEN BY MY TALE OF WOE

I set out on a quest to obtain a legendary pulse rifle.

Tales spoke of its stability and almost unmatched prowess.

It was also notorious for being difficult to obtain.

HeHlcM2.png

I had no good reason to seek the Pilgrim but nonetheless I embarked on a journey of soul-searching and self-discovery.

Not even the Flying Engram Monster knew how long my journey would last or what I may encounter.

I came across many interesting things along the way.

I grew to adore the Vestian Dynasty. A lot.

I knifed an engram:

I became pretty familiar with enemy placement:

I played these strikes too many times.

Once a teammate received a legendary auto rifle and a Gjallarhorn from one strike.

All I could do was cackle hysterically.

I received a Plan-C around Strike 180-something. In a single day, in the 250s, I received Universal Remote, Monte Carlo, as well as The Last Word (from a legendary engram).

I received at least one of every legendary that could possibly drop, though most I received by the handful.

But still no Pilgrim (or even Refraction Melt).

Many players were friendly and helpful.

They too seemed to know the fastest ways through the strikes.

Others were not so useful and made me angry.

I finally saw a Pilgrim at Strike 192. But it wasn't meant for my grips:

As I approached 200 strikes I thought all was lost:

my mind, my body, my soul, and my will to ever play Destiny again.

Then I passed 300. Still no Pilgrim.

It seemed hopeless.

I realized I didn't really need or care about it but I continued on my journey. I had come too far to stop now.

I continued accumulating Motes, Weapon Parts, Coins; meeting new guardians both friend and foe; noob and pro.

And then, something strange happened after strike 353.

What's this? It can't be. Another KAU8? No? It's a Pilgrim? IT'S MINE?!

HYPESCOTCH PILGRIM. REJOICE!

H Y P E S C O T C H P I L G R I M

9tS4AB9.png

I'M FREE!

Actually, I'm not sure I even care anymore. I'm now just a miserable pile of flesh.

GutZ31

I imagine you'd be bottlenecked by USB 2.0 in either case there actually, but it's not quite my area of expertise.

Thanks you guys! :D

Welcome back bud!

Also about the HDD stuff; that USB 2.0 is a doozy.
USB 2.0, no matter what type of drive is plugged in is subject to a snails pace of 40Mb/s. As for USB 3.0, thats a bit better at 400Mb/s+.

As for internal drives, SSD's are fastest, but suffer a crippling bandwidth because the PS4 only supports SATA II transfer rating even if the hard drive is SATA III.

That means instead of transfer rates at a blistering 600Mb/s, you only get half that speed.
SATA II is only 300Mb/s.
So even if you get yourself a SSD installed in your PS4, you will not reap the benefits as much as you should.
But you could still shave off up to 20 seconds of load time in some games/system features.

Any questions are welcome if detail is needed.

SpecX

Just run back up the stairs and kill the three enemies up top if they reset. Back down and there they are again.
Usually

I always run to the stairs and back to get them to spawn, but problem is after that 3rd wave for some reason at times. I've even left that area, ran to the other entrance to go to that underground section and they still didn't spawn.

Lothars

Good news everyone!

... I've just run that one nightfall for this week, and the game decided to give me the Bones of Eao for it.
Yeah!
Which means... that Xûr will most probably stock it tomorrow.

You are welcome, DGAF. :)
I really hope so, it's my most wanted exotic.

9tS4AB9.png

I'M FREE!

Actually, I'm not sure I even care anymore. I'm now just a miserable pile of flesh.

Congrats :) I am running dragon strikes to get one as well.

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR BROWSERS BROKEN BY MY TALE OF WOE

I set out on a quest to obtain a legendary pulse rifle.

Tales spoke of its stability and almost unmatched prowess.

It was also notorious for being difficult to obtain.

I had no good reason to seek the Pilgrim but nonetheless I embarked on a journey of soul-searching and self-discovery.

Not even the Flying Engram Monster knew how long my journey would last or what I may encounter.

I came across many interesting things along the way.

I grew to adore the Vestian Dynasty. A lot.

I knifed an engram:

I became pretty familiar with enemy placement:

I played these strikes too many times.

Once a teammate received a legendary auto rifle and a Gjallarhorn from one strike.

All I could do was cackle hysterically.

I received a Plan-C around Strike 180-something. In a single day, in the 250s, I received Universal Remote, Monte Carlo, as well as The Last Word (from a legendary engram).

I received at least one of every legendary that could possibly drop, though most I received by the handful.

But still no Pilgrim (or even Refraction Melt).

Many players were friendly and helpful.

They too seemed to know the fastest ways through the strikes.

Others were not so useful and made me angry.

I finally saw a Pilgrim at Strike 192. But it wasn't meant for my grips:

As I approached 200 strikes I thought all was lost:

my mind, my body, my soul, and my will to ever play Destiny again.

Then I passed 300. Still no Pilgrim.

It seemed hopeless.

I realized I didn't really need or care about it but I continued on my journey. I had come too far to stop now.

I continued accumulating Motes, Weapon Parts, Coins; meeting new guardians both friend and foe; noob and pro.

And then, something strange happened after strike 353.

What's this? It can't be. Another KAU8? No? It's a Pilgrim? IT'S MINE?!

9tS4AB9.png

I'M FREE!

Oh good. You're back.

noomi

This is one of the best posts in DGAF OT history.

Reminds me of my great hawkmoon search of 2015, where I ran hundreds of strikes. I know your pain.

Congrats rnilla, and welcome to the ranks of hypescotch owners. We are few and we are proud.

Now level that fucker and get to some crucible and enjoy it!

i got mine after one strike <3

Deku Tree

DeeJ_BNG: @All_The_Players You should ask Cozmo. He's the one learning to use the publishing tools. Faster, Cozmo. FASTER!

OMG Cozmo's first BWI on the way.

ocean

Banned
Just got the "Invective"

I love how it looks, is it a good shotty?
The PvP fashion nowadays is bullshit range and Max impact. But for PvE it's super, super good! It really shines in PoE where ammo can be risky to get in many situations. It's my go-to for Cabal rooms because those huge dudes with solar shields melt when they hear my Invectice :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
invective is killer in pvp regardless, I don't give a shit. Sometimes a shotgun can just be a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle. it fires fast and looks sleek as hell. hawkian approved.

bungie weekly ipdate

if you are interpreting him correctly, then lmao at the balance changes making "every legendary irrelevant"

Good point.

It's like deej doesn't even know he's training his replacement.

They'd have to nerf it pretty hard to make it irrelevant.

38*3*2 =228 damage

In the weapon tuning for 2.0 they said they'd reduce the base damage of medium firing PRs by 2.5% so that it would take 2-3 all crit bursts to kill depending on the opponents armor stat. I think HP would be one of the ones affected. But even still it'd be far from useless.

ocean

Banned
invective is killer in pvp regardless, I don't give a shit. Sometimes a shotgun can just be a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle. it fires fast and looks sleek as hell. hawkian approved.
Invectice + Shadow Price was my loadout for a long, long time. It's my favorite looking weapon in the game!

Top Bottom