• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

BokehKing

Banned
Not sure if interested due to wording in that weekly update or impressed that they are really going to try hard with this expansion.

Not rushing the summer though

Top of the page madness

tumblr_mvrr7fZIvW1sv70s2o1_500.gif

Cade

First Crucible match I played after getting Thorn, my first Party Crasher dropped. Thanks Bungie for the pvp starter pack.

All ghosts! My grimoire is 3505 and all that without grinding anything. Just normal play. Well, minus grinding the ghosts of course! Any IB trains going? I will be ready in 30 mins or so...I need to run to the store really fast.

E92 M3

All ghosts! My grimoire is 3505 and all that without grinding anything. Just normal play. Well, minus grinding the ghosts of course! Any IB trains going? I will be ready in 30 mins or so...I need to run to the store really fast.

That's my current score as well, without grinding.

Watching that video on the BWU reminded me of how OP blink really is in PvP.

People who use blink all the time don't want to hear this, of course. They're going to defend it like anyone would whose been given a magic bullet to get them out of trouble and instantly get in your face with a shotgun.

But, it's broken. In the hands of someone really skilled, there's no way to counter it - and even if there is, it puts you on a purely defensive footing. Get a team of 3 in trials and they just rack up the kills and blade dance all over your face.

I can't recall Bungie doing anything to nerf actual character abilities (I could be wrong, my memory isn't that great) but I can't imagine them doing it. Messing with weapons, which you can choose to use or not is one thing - but I'd be very surprised if after all this time with blink, they decided to change it at all.

I know this sounds like a complaint. It's not - at all. But balance seems to be the reason that Bungie does some things I will never understand. Prime example - allowing warlocks to fistfight with Titans and get an overshield just for throwing a punch.

This gives them a fighting chance of not being flattened (after all, someone wearing a bathrobe shouldn't beat someone wearing a refrigerator in a fistfight). Maybe my titans just suck at melee, but I lose more fistfights with warlocks than I win for this reason.

There's no balanced response to blink when it's used with a shotgun. Good blinkers win that fight pretty much every time. And it makes the battles boring.

My wallet says yes, but my heart says no.

Hahaha very true. I need to play Witcher 3. Still haven't even downloaded it haha so bad. Along with the dozens of other games I've purchased. Dang you, Steam.

With that said:
Witcher 2 and 3
Xcom
Fallout New Vegas
Valkyria Chronicals
Ffx
KH 1.5 and 2.5
Xenoblade
Fire Emblem
Splatoon
Zelda Wind Waker
Tales of Symohonia

Just to name a few :/

LiK

Wow, a beetle error while standing in Tower. Haven't seen an error since January. It auto connected me to Tower which was a first

What's an othergame? Must be something the kids are into, like an Instagram.

Re: Weekly Update. Love the stuff about new Patrol mechanics and lots of secrets to uncover. I can see myself spending a lot of time exploring for secrets. I'm imagining party chats with 8 DGAFers shouting and talking over each other, hypothesizing possible solutions.

The concept art to in-game pictures looked great. Not sure why they would seem unrepresentative, except for places where they clearly decided to go a different direction with the design. Also excited for the Twitch stream since I want any head start on secret discovery I can get.

Re: Weekly Update. Love the stuff about new Patrol mechanics and lots of secrets to uncover. I can see myself spending a lot of time exploring for secrets. I'm imagining party chats with 8 DGAFers shouting and talking over each other, hypothesizing possible solutions.

The concept art to in-game pictures looked great. Not sure why they would seem unrepresentative, except for places where they clearly decided to go a different direction with the design. Also excited for the Twitch stream since I want any head start on secret discovery I can get.

For sure! That sounds so good. Only thing that made me cautious is the talk of what sounds like the 'something new every day' talk we got early on. We know how that turned out, I'm surprised to hear them using language even close to that.

But optimistic just the same. They're letting us know we are going to hear from people who've played the game, and they sound confident. That's good!

For sure. I'm glad they put effort into revitalizing patrol. This sounds very awesome

Watching that video on the BWU reminded me of how OP blink really is in PvP.

People who use blink all the time don't want to hear this, of course. They're going to defend it like anyone would whose been given a magic bullet to get them out of trouble and instantly get in your face with a shotgun.

But, it's broken. In the hands of someone really skilled, there's no way to counter it - and even if there is, it puts you on a purely defensive footing. Get a team of 3 in trials and they just rack up the kills and blade dance all over your face.

I can't recall Bungie doing anything to nerf actual character abilities (I could be wrong, my memory isn't that great) but I can't imagine them doing it. Messing with weapons, which you can choose to use or not is one thing - but I'd be very surprised if after all this time with blink, they decided to change it at all.

I know this sounds like a complaint. It's not - at all. But balance seems to be the reason that Bungie does some things I will never understand. Prime example - allowing warlocks to fistfight with Titans and get an overshield just for throwing a punch.

This gives them a fighting chance of not being flattened (after all, someone wearing a bathrobe shouldn't beat someone wearing a refrigerator in a fistfight). Maybe my titans just suck at melee, but I lose more fistfights with warlocks than I win for this reason.

There's no balanced response to blink when it's used with a shotgun. Good blinkers win that fight pretty much every time. And it makes the battles boring.

100% agree

they have said that Blink is being reworked for TTK, which is awesome imo.

Kyoufu

They should make it so that you're unable to fire a weapon for X amount of seconds after using Blink.

That'd nerf the shotgunners at least.

edit: Then again, it'd go against the fluidity of the game's combat. Hmm. Wonder what they'll do.

Top Bottom