• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

EL CUCO

Nilla I tweeted your post to Dan at Bungie. His reply?

"It's a long road. Enjoy it."

:)
Heh
dzv2lcp.jpg

deafmedal

Good nerf for Blink would be giving it an indicator shadow for landing location, maybe a blue hue shaped in a small ring. Could even be a boon for new Blink users! Keep it opaque-ish but noticeable for someone looking...
*shrugs shoulders*

E92 M3

I don't like using blink, but think it's OP. It's a cool jump in the game that should remain as is. Yeah, it's efficient but I'm not a fan of making everything good mundane.

In fact, playing against blink caused me to set my sensitivity higher and get better.

This PvP has such potential.

To make it perfect:

Blade dancer two hit kill.
Thorn, huge nerf.
Hand cannons, slight nerf.
Auto rifles, good size buff.
Shotguns, huge nerf to range.
Blink, huge nerf, or just out altogether.
Super energy regenerates 50% slower.

There is no arguing with this list.

im an angry titan

E92 M3

This PvP had such potential.

To make it perfect:

Thorn, huge nerf.

take notes Bungie
LOL - blade dancer is already an average super. Two hit kill would make it the most useless super ever.

Overall, it seems like a list of things you don't like. Basically, ruin one weapon class and make another better. I don't know man, don't agree at all.

Destiny PVP is unique and I want to keep it that way.

LOL - blade dancer is already an average super. Two hit kill would make it the most useless super ever.

Overall, it seems like a list of things you don't like. Basically, ruin one weapon class and make another better. I don't know man, don't agree at all.

Really? I see blade dancers nuking anywhere from 2-4 people consistently per use. This makes it average?

Titan super, now that is average. Everyone needs to be bunched up for max effect. Blade dancers can roam across a pretty large space to find their prey.

todd360

Blade dancer is good. You can dominate in trials with it if your careful.

neoism

:( man o man im soo tried of HIVE design... both environment and enemy design.. shiitiest looking stuff in the game. bungie has given them waaaaaaayyy to much love... they need to give fallen and cabal some love... also not a fan of the new eniemes... they just make them all black but theyre just the same designs... screams laziness... :/

Fair enough on Bladedancer, because really it just pisses me off more than anything else.

But you can't argue that Thorn and shotguns aren't broken. I don't have Thorn (and don't want it) and I don't have a god roll shotgun so I'm at a significant disadvantage the minute any match starts. That just doesn't seem right for a multiplayer game. I want to see a more diverse set of weapons used.

Had no idea IB was this week. I guess my two week break is over.

And I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone saying blink has no counter. I'm rarely killed by blink shotgun users.

If I see someone running toward me I ALWAYS assume that they are either going to blink, super, or slide and I act accordingly.

My most common cause of death is Hawkmoon or Red Death.

This PvP has such potential.

To make it perfect:

Thorn, huge nerf.
Shotguns, huge nerf to range.
Blink, huge nerf, or just out altogether.

im an angry titan

Blade dancer two hit kill... But fist of panic, one hit kill to an AoE? Yup. Good call.

Angry Titan is right. ;)

Korosenai

I don't like using blink, but think it's OP. It's a cool jump in the game that should remain as is. Yeah, it's efficient but I'm not a fan of making everything good mundane.

In fact, playing against blink caused me to set my sensitivity higher and get better.
You need to start using blink. Arcbolt and blink >>>>>>>>>>> trip mine and triple jump

0_0 lol thanks for this post... only don like 15 strikes for this gun... nevea again... how have you not gone insane...

Twist: nilla was already insane. How else can you explain even beginning this journey? Also, I've played hours of destiny with him and can independently verify that he is clinically insane.*

* I'm not a doctor. But I played one with this girl I hooked up with a couple weekends ago.

noomi

Well I'm off for the night, hoping Xur brings the goods tomorrow.

I know many want bones of eao, but me? Ruin wings or gauntlet engrams :D

See you in the am, night dgaf.

NastyBook

We know you want justice. We’ve seen the chatter. We’ve read the reports. Yesterday and today, our Security Response Team has restricted access to the Crucible by the worst offenders among us all.

We started with a look at the most notorious cheaters that had been reported by other players. After a cross-reference against our own player-data, we gave the Banhammer a mighty swing. Contained in its blast radius were hundreds of people who have manipulated network traffic. If you don’t know what that means, we love you. Never change.

Cheating will not be tolerated, Guardians. The Destiny Community is a part of this process. Your finest weapons in the fight against cheaters are the reporting tools built right into the game. Submit a report when and where you detect shenanigans. Shaming your offenders in a video might feel good, but it doesn’t factor into our process for passing down a guilty verdict – and it might get you in trouble with the moderators of your favorite Guardian clubhouse! Issue a report. We’re watching and monitoring.
GOOD. Fuck every last one of the cheating ass bastards.

todd360

Well I'm off for the night, hoping Xur brings the goods tomorrow.

I know many want bones of eao, but me? Ruin wings or gauntlet engrams :D

See you in the am, night dgaf.

Don't be greedy. We hunters just want our guaranteed quadruple jump. Ruin wings were sold before and don't work consistently.

Inb4 dragon bone helmet and gauntlets are on sale, but no dragon bone boots.

E92 M3

Really? I see blade dancers nuking anywhere from 2-4 people consistently per use. This makes it average?

Titan super, now that is average. Everyone needs to be bunched up for max effect. Blade dancers can roam across a pretty large space to find their prey.

Blade dancer is good. You can dominate in trials with it if your careful.

Blade dancer can be taken out with team shooting or solo sometimes. Really, it just comes down to people panicking when they hear they super. It can be dangerous, but not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Fair enough on Bladedancer, because really it just pisses me off more than anything else.

But you can't argue that Thorn and shotguns aren't broken. I don't have Thorn (and don't want it) and I don't have a god roll shotgun so I'm at a significant disadvantage the minute any match starts. That just doesn't seem right for a multiplayer game. I want to see a more diverse set of weapons used.

Yeah, it's annoying but a game can't be balanced based on emotion. I think bringing up other weapons instead of nerfing, but without a huge power creep.

You need to start using blink. Arcbolt and blink >>>>>>>>>>> trip mine and triple jump

You mean quad jump! :p

Blade dancer two hit kill... But fist of panic, one hit kill to an AoE? Yup. Good call.

Angry Titan is right. ;)
Fists of Havoc doesnt hold a candle to blade dancer. Sometimes you get lucky and score a huge hit. But one kill is far more common than three.

Ive never once been a Bladedancer, all I know is that when I see a guy light up I just stare at the bottom right of the screen to see how many kills they get. Anything less than 3 or 4 is surprising.

Also, it's a stupid reason to hate, but I really hate how derpy they look while moving. Because they just use the melee to boost forward. So I always imagine an 8 year old just mashing the trigger waiting to be boosted into dudes to kill.

god damn I'm salty

Blade dancer can be taken out with team shooting or solo sometimes. Really, it just comes down to people panicking when they hear they super. It can be dangerous, but not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Yeah, it's annoying but a game can't be balanced based on emotion. I think bringing up other weapons instead of nerfing, but without a huge power creep.

You mean quad jump! :p

What? No. TTK is already super low, it needs to get higher across the board, not lower. People complained but when ARs were king there were at least a lot of good fights 1 on 1 because if you reacted in time and did the right things, strafed well etc you could come out on top. I miss those days. Way better than two taps bam you are dead.

Edit: kadey you just invited me, for what? Im finishing eating but my guardian is in orbit.

Fists of Havoc doesnt hold a candle to blade dancer. Sometimes you get lucky and score a huge hit. But one kill is far more common than three.

Ive never once been a Bladedancer, all I know is that when I see a guy light up I just stare at the bottom right of the screen to see how many kills they get. Anything less than 3 or 4 is surprising.

Also, it's a stupid reason to hate, but I really hate how derpy they look while moving. Because they just use the melee to boost forward. So I always imagine an 8 year old just mashing the trigger waiting to be boosted into dudes to kill.

god damn I'm salty
Fist of havoc is way better than fucking arc blade.

I understand the salt though.

Baliis

What? No. TTK is already super low, it needs to get higher across the board, not lower. People complained but when ARs were king there were at least a lot of good fights 1 on 1 because if you reacted in time and did the right things, strafed well etc you could come out on top. I miss those days. Way better than two taps bam you are dead.

Edit: kadey you just invited me, for what? Im finishing eating but my guardian is in orbit.

We had a spot for IB, but it filled

E92 M3

It needs be this high because a lot of the movement in this game is quite quick. ARs are very boring though; if anything, I'd want scouts to be next. Anything with precision is always better than full auto.

Top Bottom